student training/volunteer work

Comments (101 to 125 of 125)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Missintelligient in Norfolk, Virginia

54 months ago

Apply for lab assistant position. I know that will probably get your foot in the door and it they could cross train you in the lab and phelb... section?

Missintelligient in Norfolk, Virginia

54 months ago

Try to apply as an lab assistant. They might get in you the door!!

whatever in Londonderry, New Hampshire

54 months ago

sassygirl in Jeromesville, Ohio said: Hi Sunny and Nicole. I am a phlebotomist also and have been right where you are now. My advise is apply to the American Red Cross, they hire new phlebs and also try teaching hospitals in your area. Lab Corp and Quest are also a few places to try. If it says they want 2 yrs experience tough they got my resume anyways. Don't give up girls you can do it believe me.

I have applied to both red cross and quest, never heard from red cross and quest passed for someone with more experiance.

Rachel in San Francisco, California

52 months ago

I'm waiting to get my state certification sent to me. Does anyone know where I can volunteer in San Francisco? Will they allow me to volunteer while I'm waiting to get my certification sent to me?

Neo in Kent, Washington

52 months ago

hi , Rachel

i just taken Phletobomy in Seattle, so i would like to take CA certification b/c i decide to move back to CA next few months.

Would you please give me your email that mean i ask you question about CA Phletobomy test

Thanks so much

Neo

Tammy

51 months ago

guys try Bio Reference lab... i recieved my certificate 6 months ago and counldnt find experience... just was hired to volunteer with Bio Reference so if ur in the new jersey or new york and a few other places on the east coast check them out they have a website but i would just call.

yvettegallardo in Chicago, Illinois

50 months ago

I am a phlebotomy student who needs to do 100 venipunctures in order for me to do my internship. There is only six people in my class I need VOLUNTEERS!!!! Any suggestions?

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

50 months ago

nicole stone in Bronx, New York said: I would Like to start working as a phlebotomist however,companies want at least 6mths-1yr.of experience.How can I get some experience if I just became certified?

Look for externships or volunteer positions. If you take any kind of training program, make sure it provides some kind of on site experience.

Please check out my blog at blog.mkedu.org/ to learn more about starting a career in health care

Gar in Pasadena, California

50 months ago

good luck trying to find work in phlebotomy after school if you're in California. AFAIK, I don't even think American Red Cross 'hires' volunteer phlebotomists anymore in California. The only real way you're gonna get a CPT1 job is if you have that 2-3 yrs of experience or if you have a hookup.

Generally 2-3 yrs of experience includes direct patient care. So my advice? Volunteer at a hospital doing grunt work then apply 1 year later to a real phlebotomy position and say you have direct patient care experience.

From my understanding and how HR works these days, the computer processes and throws out all the applicants that state less than 2 yr experience on their online application. The ones that do get hired with less than 2 are hired by a company that's really desperate to fill the position (which is also a red flag so be careful about those).

After that silly incident with Quest Diagnostics how the "phlebotomist" was using bleach on her butterflies so she could reuse them on patients for the next day, it's no wonder why California is so stringent when it comes to hiring new grads in healthcare.

shill1234 in Mooroolbark, Australia

47 months ago

Order of draw is it the same world wide or can it change from country to country or organisation to organisation. As in the colour stopper with the required tests? I am finding some sites are the similar and others have different colours. A bit confusing.

Can someone clear this up

gaby

45 months ago

Sunny in Carrollton, Texas said: Does anyone know who might take phlebotomy students for clinical training or that will take students for volunteers preforming phlebotomy in Dallas Texas? Thanks Sunny

Hi Sunny, My name is Gabrielle i went to school for phlebotomy in 2009 and pass my licence and still not working because I don't have 6 months to a year. Good Luck

shanitatownes in Baltimore, Maryland

42 months ago

I completed a Phlebotomy Technician course and I have my Certification but, everywhere I apply they all say the same thing. They went with someone with more experience. I want to know how can I get experience if no one will give me a chance. Is there a place where I can go to get the experience that I need to get a job or was going back to school just a waste of time.

Sweet.V in Clinton, Maryland

42 months ago

Try an Plasma center, dialysis center,lab assistant, cna or nurse aid, or volunteer at your local hospital for 6 months to get your foot in the door.

dee in Irvine, California

35 months ago

chefcookie1 in Torrance, California said: Shelby,
Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I'm surprised that you have to pay insurance though...must be your state requirement. In California, the school carries your insurance. When you get a job, your insurance is covered by your employer. Good luck

Malpractice insurance cost around $30.00 to $40.00 a month.

deenisha in Irvine, California

35 months ago

I'm looking for an organization where I can volunteer to gain my experience, so I will be

employable for a prospective company. Does Anyone have any suggestions.

Shanita Townes in Baltimore, Maryland

28 months ago

I completed my Phlebotomy training in June, 2011. I became Certified In June,2011 and I completed my externship in September,2011. I can't get a Phlebotomy job anywhere. I keep hearing the same thing I need more experience find a volunteer place. well I can't find any of those either. I want to know how can you get experience if no one will give you a chance.

noshyazmy in San Leandro, California

26 months ago

nicole stone in Bronx, New York said: I would Like to start working as a phlebotomist however,companies want at least 6mths-1yr.of experience.How can I get some experience if I just became certified?

i just become certified and i would like to start working as a phlebotomist even volunteer

val in Fayetteville, North Carolina

25 months ago

I have 5years experience as Phlebotomist.Currently reside in Fayetteville NC.Can someone help me with volunteer work or companies in the area? Thx

bab3ygurl_13 in Beverly Hills, Florida

24 months ago

I just became certified in phlebotomy through NHA. And I completed the 40 Hour Prep course. I have filled out tons of applications. Where is a good place to seek employment? Where can I voulenteer at locally to build experiance?

HEIDI in East Orange, New Jersey

19 months ago

redcross has accepted me to volunteer , i think because i did my cna with them

joelvilbrun in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

sassygirl in Jeromesville, Ohio said: Hi Sunny and Nicole. I am a phlebotomist also and have been right where you are now. My advise is apply to the American Red Cross, they hire new phlebs and also try teaching hospitals in your area. Lab Corp and Quest are also a few places to try. If it says they want 2 yrs experience tough they got my resume anyways. Don't give up girls you can do it believe me.[/QU joel vilbrun

joelvilbrun in Brooklyn, New York

16 months ago

I'm willing to

sherri mccrae in Brooklyn, New York

12 months ago

Cristina Lombardo in Brooklyn, New York said: I got really lucky when I finished school. I found a job through a job listing site and they were willing to train and I worked with top nurses who taught me great techniques in phlebotomy. Keep looking and hopefully you will run into a place who have the patience to teach you and brush up on your techniques because it takes more than just locating a vein there is so much more involved like making the patient comfortable and comprehending what your doing and learning from it and follow safety guidelines.. keep looking you will find something don't give up ;-)

Hello Cristina my name is Sherri and I requesting for more information I also in Brooklyn and will like to know more information on the job listing site or the company you work for some the best nurses to teach me as we'll. my question is are they hiring at your company, can you give me some names to any companies? Where do you go to experiences? Thank you

submarine in Riverside, California

8 months ago

Go volunteer at your local blood bank. I am volunteering at my local blood bank. I have been there since April 16th, so I have till 7 more months until I have my 1 year experience. Good luck.

submarine in Riverside, California

8 months ago

noshyazmy in San Leandro, California said: i just become certified and i would like to start working as a phlebotomist even volunteer

Google sear blood banks near Leandro California, that's how i found my blood bank.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.