Anyone from Keizer university who is enrolled in the pat program!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Karina in Cape Coral, Florida

46 months ago

I'm in the process of enrolling at keiser university in Sarasota , it's very pricey but it seems the only way to avoid getting put on a never endingwaiting list through a community college, can anyone tell me if im making the right decision with keiser or should I just get inline with the rest of them at my local community college, very frustrating I keep reading reviews on keiser on how they are rip off.thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

crystal in Sarasota, Florida

46 months ago

I am attending Keiser.I was feeling the same way as you. Then again-- I like Keiser. I am doing my pre classes. .I did half of them at the local college (cheaper) but then again if you want to be put on the list for PTA- you have to be enrolled and doing your pre - classes, unless you already took them. I hope that helps.. Crystal in Sarasota

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mnboy in Bradenton, Florida

46 months ago

Karina in Cape Coral, Florida said: I'm in the process of enrolling at keiser university in Sarasota , it's very pricey but it seems the only way to avoid getting put on a never endingwaiting list through a community college, can anyone tell me if im making the right decision with keiser or should I just get inline with the rest of them at my local community college, very frustrating I keep reading reviews on keiser on how they are rip off.thanks

I am almost done w/ my pre. classes at keiser as well. I felt the same way as both of you do... I wanted to start school asap and not be on a waiting list. I start the pta program soon and am not worried at all about the education I'll be getting at Keiser! Good luck to you both!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rella in Colorado Springs, Colorado

45 months ago

There is not "wait list" when you apply to the Broward Program (on the Edison Campus). You either have the grades/gpa (point based system) or you don't. If you aren't offered admission to the program, you have to reapply the following year... no wait list. Keiser is ridiculously expensive and the Sarasota campus is not yet accredited (Ft. Lauderdale Campus is).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karina in Port Charlotte, Florida

45 months ago

rella in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: There is not "wait list" when you apply to the Broward Program (on the Edison Campus). You either have the grades/gpa (point based system) or you don't. If you aren't offered admission to the program, you have to reapply the following year... no wait list. Keiser is ridiculously expensive and the Sarasota campus is not yet accredited (Ft. Lauderdale Campus is).

Rella, are you sure there is no waiting list at Edison College?, Several of my friends have told me the list is over 2 years long. Well I called the school today and left a message with the teacher in charge of the program, I hope you're right, It would be great not having to drive to Sarasota everyday.
Also will Keiser accept you if you have all your pre-req done at another college?.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rella in Colorado Springs, Colorado

45 months ago

Hi Karina-

I believe that they used to maintain a wait list, but no longer do. The application process has now gone to a points system similar to their Radiography and Ultrasound programs. If they do maintain a wait list-- and please, if you hear it from the mouth of a program administrator, let us know-- they really need to update their course site because there is absolutely no mention of a wait list nor is there any 'hint' that there might be one.

I'm not sure what reasoning there would be to have points system in place (and an application deadline) if there is a waiting list (this goes for all programs, not just Broward). Under a point system, a first time applicant with a 4.0 GPA and having every prereq completed would be moved to the top of any "said" the list, effectively bumping other students who are 'waiting'. So how can it be called a "wait list"? I can't imagine that all 18 seats at Edison and all 36 seats at Broward would be filled with 4.0 students.

Good luck to you; I truly hope that there is no point system and that you can continue your education without having to pay Keiser's insane prices-
R

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.