Concorde career college PTA Program (North Hollywood campus)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 269)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Cheryl in Buena Park, California

55 months ago

Hi, I was wondering about the same thing. Have you gotten any new info about the program yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

DLM83 in Palmdale, California

55 months ago

Cheryl in Buena Park, California said: Hi, I was wondering about the same thing. Have you gotten any new info about the program yet?

Well, I decided to sign up for Concorde. The school is still not accredited and they wont know until after the graduation of the current PTA class and thats in 5/2011.

My class starts in July 12. I have went through the process of applying and registering so im all set for class.

Signing up right now is a big risk because the course is still not accredited and wont know for sure until after the graduating class of 5/2011. But with there Respiratory program being accredited, I feel confident they will get accredited.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hannah in Westland, Michigan

54 months ago

DLM83 in Palmdale, California said: Well, I decided to sign up for Concorde. The school is still not accredited and they wont know until after the graduation of the current PTA class and thats in 5/2011.

My class starts in July 12. I have went through the process of applying and registering so im all set for class.

Signing up right now is a big risk because the course is still not accredited and wont know for sure until after the graduating class of 5/2011. But with there Respiratory program being accredited, I feel confident they will get accredited.

OMG!!! DON'T DO IT!! This is the same line soooo many "for profit schools" use! "We WILL get our accreditation soon...", "We're going through the process of getting our accreditation and should receive it any day now." Don't believe them! You will finish this course and owe money and you won't be able to find a job. I have seen so many people go through this here in Michigan. These schools will lie to you and really make you feel like, "Wow, they are sincere. They definitely will receive their accreditation soon".....and they won't...and you'll be SOL!

Check www.ripoffreport.com and check out Concorde Career College. You'll see all the people they have scammed into believing them.

BE WARNED!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Shakes McJunkie in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

DLM83: To add to what Hannah said, if you get an email from Nigeria claiming you'll get several million dollars to help transfer money to a U.S. account, don't do it. ... Also: Easter Bunny = not real.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ruben in El Paso, Texas

53 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria in Oxnard, California

52 months ago

Well i called today and basically what they told me is that, they are going through the posses of getting accredited by the board of physical therapy. What i would do it WAIT! till after may and check back to see if they pulled through on their word. if not look else where.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Paolo in Torrance, California

51 months ago

I'm in the 2nd class of the PTA program in Concorde North Hollywood. Expected graduation is March 2012. So far, the classes and instructors are good. I have no problems with them. The subjects are straight forward, anatomy, english, algebra, and psychology. If you are good at memorizing technical terms, you'll do just fine. Our program director, Dr. Plotke is very helpful. He wants all of us to pass our classes. For accreditation, Concorde is on the APTA website.
www.apta.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=CAPTE3&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=74845

I'm confident that the PTA program will get accredited because the rest of the programs such as Respiratory Therapist, LVNs, and Medical Assistant were accredited on the FIRST attempt. The first PTA class is under pressure to do well. There are 8 terms for the program, each term is 10 weeks long. We are on term 2. So far we lost 2 classmates out of 30.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

patrice in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

Paolo in Torrance, California said: I'm in the 2nd class of the PTA program in Concorde North Hollywood. Expected graduation is March 2012. So far, the classes and instructors are good. I have no problems with them. The subjects are straight forward, anatomy, english, algebra, and psychology. If you are good at memorizing technical terms, you'll do just fine. Our program director, Dr. Plotke is very helpful. He wants all of us to pass our classes. For accreditation, Concorde is on the APTA website.
www.apta.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=CAPTE3&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=74845

I'm confident that the PTA program will get accredited because the rest of the programs such as Respiratory Therapist, LVNs, and Medical Assistant were accredited on the FIRST attempt. The first PTA class is under pressure to do well. There are 8 terms for the program, each term is 10 weeks long. We are on term 2. So far we lost 2 classmates out of 30.

Hello, I was wondering what the tuition is and how much did financial aid cover. Also can you tell me if the entry exams were hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

patrice in Los Angeles, California said: Hello, I was wondering what the tuition is and how much did financial aid cover. Also can you tell me if the entry exams were hard.

Tuition for the whole program is $42,000... Financial aid I borrowed from Wells Fargo and Gov't Student loans covered it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Patrice in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

Thanks Paolo, how was the exams? I called and they told me I would have to take two exams and Im concerned since I've been out of school so long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patrice in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

How were the exams to get in? I was told I would have to take two exams? I have been out of school for a while now and would like to know how I should prepare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DLM from LA,cali not in Riverside, California

47 months ago

The two exams are relatively easy. The first exam if u pass is basic exam that pretty much determines whether u can take the second exam. The second exam called the hobbit exam consist of basic algebra and eenglish grammar. If u remember algebra 101 and eng101 ur pretty much in...most of it is basic knowledge. After gen ed is when the fun begins.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

47 months ago

the 1st exam is 10 minutes long and answer as much as you can and passing is 18 or 19. 2nd is the Hobbit Exam combines English and Algebra, about 2 hours or so. Just type in Hobbit exam on google and they have some samples..... very easy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Some dude in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

Paolo in Torrance, California said: I'm in the 2nd class of the PTA program in Concorde North Hollywood. Expected graduation is March 2012. So far, the classes and instructors are good. I have no problems with them. The subjects are straight forward, anatomy, english, algebra, and psychology. If you are good at memorizing technical terms, you'll do just fine. Our program director, Dr. Plotke is very helpful. He wants all of us to pass our classes. For accreditation, Concorde is on the APTA website.

I'm in my last semester at Cerritos College's PTA program (2 year program) and just have a few comments-
1. english, algebra, anatomy, and psychology? that's part of concorde's pta curriculum? Those are prereq's for Cerritos, so umm when do you guys learn actual PT theory and techniques? Sure we had anatomy, but it was advanced anatomy in more detail than the 4 unit pre-req.
2. $42,000? Wow, try like $5k total at cerritos and still being able to work part or full time during the program.
3. Finally- the program director is an MD? He a PT as well? Doesn't make a whole lotta sense, why do u think Dr's seek the opinions of PT's?
4. One good thing I can say about Concorde is that in my last clinical rotation at a world reknown hospital they were accepting an intern from Concorde's PTA program prior to their accredidation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Some dude in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

just checked apta (out of curiosity), program director is a PT, MS, and DC... so he's one of those "Call me a doctor" even though i'm not one, people, and his doctorate is in chiro to boot lol!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Hakeem-2002 in Riverside, California

46 months ago

Don't Sign up. The North Hollywood location is accredited by the STATE not national so if you just used your degree in California your safe; but the Garden Grove, their newest location is not accredited and not even on the Accreditation List of Developing an accreditation. So AVOID both PTA programs at Concorde career college and go to community college instead.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

CAPTE visited us this week and asked the students some questions... Looking forward to be accredited by May 2011. As PTA students we know more what's happening with our accreditation than what's posted on the web.

lata in Houston, Texas

46 months ago

can I do bechelor after PTA? I want get bechelor after PTA.
What program should I look for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hakeem02 in Riverside, California

46 months ago

Go to APTA.org American Physical Therapy Association website. Lots of information on accredited schools and getting developed schools in the U.S on how to become a licensed physical therapist assistant and registered physical therapist.

meeh in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

im interested in this program at the noho location as well..my question is.i've already completed certain gen ed classes at a local community college..does anyone know if they credit those classes? ive taken, anatomy, english, algebra, psychology, biology, sociology and health. i took all those classes over the course of 5 years while working full time..my original plan was to apply for a community college program but since that is probably gonna take me another 3-5 years, i started looking into Concorde. But I am definitely going to wait until May and see what happens w/their accreditation. i would rather not put all my hard work into a school if I will not be able to take the boards after graduation.

I was just curious if they credit any gen ed classes if anybody knows thanks in advance!

MC in South El Monte, California

45 months ago

DLM83 in Palmdale, California said: Well, I decided to sign up for Concorde. The school is still not accredited and they wont know until after the graduation of the current PTA class and thats in 5/2011.

We just had 2 student from them. I honestly would not recommend the college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

patrice in Los Angeles, California

45 months ago

MC in South El Monte, California said: We just had 2 student from them. I honestly would not recommend the college.

Can you please elaborate? When you say WE are you speaking as an employer, college counselor, PT, PTA etc? I just want to know why you would not recommend thiem since I was thinking of attending.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

For those who are interested, the PHysical Therapist Assistant program at Concorde Career College in NOrth Hollywood is now an ACCREDITED PROGRAM per CAPTE. I'm in the junior class and our PTA Director confirmed this week. CAPTE should be updating their list of accredited schools. SO, Concorde NOrth Hollywood is the 6th school in California. ...Take my word!

Since it's accredited, expect many applicants applying for the progam and tuition to GO UP! Also, there is a developing PTA program in the Garden Grove campus.

PTA student Graduating class March 2012!

Wooo hoooooooo!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

In reference to "Meeh" in Los Angeles, if you've taken any GE within the past 5 years, Concorde will count them. If over 5 years, you have to take them again!

Hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

lata in Houston, Texas said: can I do bechelor after PTA? I want get bechelor after PTA.
What program should I look for?

PTA programs are Associate Degrees, no Bachelor's. If you want to pursue a higher learning in physical therapy, then becoming a Physical Therapist would be the next step, but you have to start over because PTA classes do not carry over to PT programs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Paolo in Torrance, California said: In reference to "Meeh" in Los Angeles, if you've taken any GE within the past 5 years, Concorde will count them. If over 5 years, you have to take them again!

Hope this helps!

Thanks Paolo!! I will probably visit the campus some time next month

44 months ago

Some dude in Los Angeles, California said: I'm in my last semester at Cerritos College's PTA program (2 year program) and just have a few comments-
1. english, algebra, anatomy, and psychology? that's part of concorde's pta curriculum? Those are prereq's for Cerritos, so umm when do you guys learn actual PT theory and techniques? Sure we had anatomy, but it was advanced anatomy in more detail than the 4 unit pre-req.
2. $42,000? Wow, try like $5k total at cerritos and still being able to work part or full time during the program.
3. Finally- the program director is an MD? He a PT as well? Doesn't make a whole lotta sense, why do u think Dr's seek the opinions of PT's?
4. One good thing I can say about Concorde is that in my last clinical rotation at a world reknown hospital they were accepting an intern from Concorde's PTA program prior to their accredidation.

Cerritos College has almost a 2 year waiting list + 1 year GE + 2 PTA classes = 3-4 years of school. I already have a bachelor's and don't have time do another 4 years of school (getting old). I opted to pay the higher tuition and finish it in 20 months. I can pay off $42,000 of tuition in less than 3 years with a PTA salary.

By the way, the PTA program at Concorde in North Hollywood was just accredited (CAPTE will update this soon).

Paolo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

mark in West Covina, California

43 months ago

Pablo as student that may be joining the program, I am a bit concerned about the anatomy class. What is your advice to studying for the exams and class ? Are you saying the questions should be answered correctly if we memorize say the bold terms ? Thank You.

marym in Rhinelander, Wisconsin

43 months ago

Hi I was wondering those that attended Concorde Career College in Northern Hollywood how goes your job searching?

43 months ago

To Mark: Anatomy class was straight forward in Concorde. Questions on tests are based on bolded words and lecture and tutoring. About 30% of the test questions came from tutoring.

To Marym: The first class graduated in the beginning of May 2011. Job is plenty in Southern California. Some of them are working as PT Aides right now until they take the board exam in June and others have already been given job offers.

Paolo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

Thank you, Mark.

meeh in Glendale, California

43 months ago

in the PTA field, is it possible to work solely in a specific field (children specifically) I would love to work w/children in helping them rehabilitate physically..but i cant find too much info on this subject. just wondering, thanks.

Future PTA in Chandler, Arizona

43 months ago

Yes, its called pediatrics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

is Concorde in North Hollywood for profit or nonprofit school?

Mark in Newport Beach, California

43 months ago

meeh in Los Angeles, California said: is Concorde in North Hollywood for profit or nonprofit school?

for profit.

vlad in Anaheim, California

43 months ago

Paolo in Torrance, California said: Tuition for the whole program is $42,000... Financial aid I borrowed from Wells Fargo and Gov't Student loans covered it.

Hi Paolo,
I'm in the process on applying at Concorde Hollywood for PTA, if you can email me. I want to know about the programs more if its worth it and some advice. My email is vladbarrios@yahoo.com. I look forward speaking to you

RT_going into OTA/PTA in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

vlad in Anaheim, California said: Hi Paolo,
I'm in the process on applying at Concorde Hollywood for PTA, if you can email me. I want to know about the programs more if its worth it and some advice. My email is vladbarrios@yahoo.com. I look forward speaking to you

Vlad, have you applied PTA in CC yet? I, too is thinking of applying CC..I am a graduate of their RT program in garden grove. Have you consider OTA in Stanbridge in Irvine?

vlad in Beverly Hills, California

43 months ago

RT_going into OTA/PTA in Los Angeles, California said: Vlad, have you applied PTA in CC yet? I, too is thinking of applying CC..I am a graduate of their RT program in garden grove. Have you consider OTA in Stanbridge in Irvine?

I'll submit my packect next January for Cerritos. I already completed all pre req and I'm taking Kines at Rio Hondo. Its my first time, I knownits competive and I try to have a lot of points to be in the program. But, I'm considering Concode Hollywood just in case I dont get to Cerritos. I'm applying in Sta Ana for cota and waiting for stanbridge. Who come first. How garden groove Concorde?

43 months ago

vlad in Beverly Hills, California said: I'll submit my packect next January for Cerritos. I already completed all pre req and I'm taking Kines at Rio Hondo. Its my first time, I knownits competive and I try to have a lot of points to be in the program. But, I'm considering Concode Hollywood just in case I dont get to Cerritos. I'm applying in Sta Ana for cota and waiting for stanbridge. Who come first. How garden groove Concorde?

Vlad, I went to Santa Ana and attended the info session for OTA but the waiting list is 2-3 years even if I'm done with pre-reqs, its first come first serve basis so you have to wait coz tons of applicant. So, I'm thinking of stanbridge, you can get in right away its 16 months and about 36k. I just dont want to wait at least 2 years just to get in the OTA. Concorde Garden Grove is fine. Are you planning to get into OTA or PTA?

vlad in Beverly Hills, California

43 months ago

RT_going into OTA/PTA in Los Angeles, California said: Vlad, I went to Santa Ana and attended the info session for OTA but the waiting list is 2-3 years even if I'm done with pre-reqs, its first come first serve basis so you have to wait coz tons of applicant. So, I'm thinking of stanbridge, you can get in right away its 16 months and about 36k. I just dont want to wait at least 2 years just to get in the OTA. Concorde Garden Grove is fine. Are you planning to get into OTA or PTA?

Well, my advice is to wait Stanbidge to be accredited. 36,000 is a lot money to invest with and you cant take the board if they are not accredited. I'm planning to take either pta or cota who comes first. I think concorde garden grove will be accredited by end of this year

43 months ago

vlad in Beverly Hills, California said: Well, my advice is to wait Stanbidge to be accredited. 36,000 is a lot money to invest with and you cant take the board if they are not accredited. I'm planning to take either pta or cota who comes first. I think concorde garden grove will be accredited by end of this year

Concorde Garden Grove's OTA program is still on applicant status and I think their program is going to be 20 months and around 40k while Stanbridge is in developing and are allowed to accept students, program lenght is 16 mos and 36k. I was gonna apply Stanbridge soon coz their next class starts on Aug 30 but it's way too far for me, I live in Santa Monica and their class is from Tues-Fri, that's gonna be a lot of driving for me for 16 mos. Have you shadowed PTA/OTA? Do you have more preference either OTA or PTA? Let's talk more, I need to talk to someone who's in the same situation as I am in right now. What's your email?

Leonard Portillo in San Diego, California

43 months ago

DLM83 in Palmdale, California said: Hi, I was wondering if any of you PTA students are actually in the North Hollywood Campus taking the actual course right now. Would like to know how the course is, and is it actually worth dropping out of JC general courses to go stright to the PTA program.

It would take me 3.5 years to get my PTA degree if I stayed with JC and 24 months if I go to Concorde.

I have the GI Bill and hopefully financial aid to help me out for Concorde.

I also would like to know how the proffesors are and how the classes are run. Is it a good school and what is the material like. I hear it is 8 hour days sometime class starts early am and sometime late afternoon. I would need to commute about an hour every day to attend.

Im actually getting out of the military in Jan next year and looking into doing a program like this! which GI bill do u have? post 9-11?

vlad in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

Leonard Portillo in San Diego, California said: Im actually getting out of the military in Jan next year and looking into doing a program like this! which GI bill do u have? post 9-11?

Do it, I got out 2007 and finished all my old GI bill. But my advice is go to North Hollywood is accredited. Community college take long wait list and very competitive and need to take a lot of classes to be competitive and wait for the waitlist. But my advice is take Anatomy and Physiology and medical terminology for preparation. And some PE theory from Rio Hondo college like Kinesiology. Rio has a lot of PTA related classes. This is good preparation for you. CC Holywood program is short so it will be intense studying. I think their curiculum is fine. Its in the student if he can pass the board. I talk to VA and they will pay all the finances plus housing allowance. HOAH!!!!

Leonard Portillo in San Diego, California

43 months ago

vlad in Los Angeles, California said: Do it, I got out 2007 and finished all my old GI bill. But my advice is go to North Hollywood is accredited. Community college take long wait list and very competitive and need to take a lot of classes to be competitive and wait for the waitlist. But my advice is take Anatomy and Physiology and medical terminology for preparation. And some PE theory from Rio Hondo college like Kinesiology. Rio has a lot of PTA related classes. This is good preparation for you. CC Holywood program is short so it will be intense studying. I think their curiculum is fine. Its in the student if he can pass the board. I talk to VA and they will pay all the finances plus housing allowance. HOAH!!!!

I had a lot of studying for anatomy and medical terms since I currently work as a Pharm tech for the Air Force... we had an intense program... 9 hours 5 days a week for 3 months... then 9 months on the job training courses. Im not too worried about cost since the post 9-11 GI bill will be a big help. Ive been working in a hospital for almost 4 years and while in afghanistan, got to work at the hospital there and witness PT/Nursing at a more intense setting.HUA!!!

43 months ago

FYI, the PTA program at Concorde in Garden Grove is NOT accredited yet. Only the campus in North Hollywood is accredited where I attend. Although it's the same school, CAPTE evaluates individual campus for accreditation!

Leonard Portillo in Fairfield, California

43 months ago

FastMhz in Santa Ana, California said: i'm glad i read this thread. I got out in 2008 and went to Cypress College and took all my science classes their because veterans get priority registration so i didn't have to wait inline. I tried applying for Cerritos college PTA program but they denied me because my friend that goes there said many of her classmates have their undergrad in kinesiology. I looked in Concorde in the garden grove location but it is true. it is NOT accreditted and I know we have the gi bill but it would be nice to SAVE some gi bill money rather than blow it all on one school.

Go to the one in No HO... that one is accredited!

PTA2012 SENIOR in Lancaster, California

43 months ago

For all you future PTA's that are thinking of signing up. You will have to do 2 terms worth of gen ed. Even if you have taken them and past. Your Gen ED score cannot be lower than a C. If it is, then you will have to re-take gen-ed in Concorde. A's and B's may get transfered over. But there is a 5 year limit I believe. Meaning that if you took English 101 5 years ago and got an A, you still have to re-take English 101. The Gen-Ed consists of Anatomy, English 101A, Communications 101, Psychology, College Algebra, Anatomy B, English 101B, and Human Development (Another section of Psychology. If you guys decide to sign up great! After Gen-ED is when it gets harder and you get to the fun learning.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PTA2012 SENIOR in Lancaster, California

43 months ago

Leonard Portillo in San Diego, California said: Im actually getting out of the military in Jan next year and looking into doing a program like this! which GI bill do u have? post 9-11?

I used the chptr 33 post 9-11 gi-bill, and the yellow ribbon program...with that in mind add FAFSA and your tuition is paid for. Not to mention you get money for going to school every month. So yea bro your set. Just becareful with the financial aid crew cause I went through hell with them due to their incompetent mistakes. Just make sure the financial aid person knows what the hell their doin. On a good note, they have fixed the problem and my cash is back on track.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

Does anyone know when the OTA program in concorde garden grove starts or allowed to accept students?

FastMhz in Cypress, California

42 months ago

Leonard Portillo in Fairfield, California said: I was looking at the POST GI BILL, and can't figure out why california students get soooo little compared to other states... only 2165 a semester... thats os no even close to what I need... am I missing something?

Some states vary. I remember seeing that allowance pay for different states awhile back.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.