Does anyone know about TEAS exam you have take before entering PTA program.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

PTA Student in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

I was told by the admission office, that I would have to take an exam TEAS. Is this exam very hard? How can I prepare myself for this, is there a practice exam I can study before taking this exam?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Aphex in Falls Church, Virginia

57 months ago

Never heard about that exam. It's not required in Virginia. I'd google it and see.

~Ashraf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PTA Student in Raleigh, North Carolina

57 months ago

PTA Student in Atlanta, Georgia said: I was told by the admission office, that I would have to take an exam TEAS. Is this exam very hard? How can I prepare myself for this, is there a practice exam I can study before taking this exam?

If you know about the SAT or GRE its basically the same thing. The TEAS test your knowledge in English, Math and Science. Basic paragraph comprehension, spelling and grammer is tested on the english section. Algebra and Geometry for the math section and Biology, Physics and Chemistry for the science section. The test wants to know how much you remember from High School. I'm studying for the test myself and went to www.mo-media.com/teas/ and purchased an online study guide. Hope this helps. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carolyn in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

Thank you. I spoke with one of the testing counselor, she recommends, (ATI TEST Study Guide for PTAs students, she said it is the exact exam, but the wording is different. Some of reviews (yellow book Study Manual), were not good, only 7% of the people said that it was helpful. I am going to take the exam, Summer of 2011. So, I have 1 year to prepare myself, because I only want to take this exam 1 time, and 1 time only. I am very serious about passing this exam. I don't have time to waste, I am going to get me a tutuor.

I have been out of high school for about 30 years. So, I need all the I can get.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CT

57 months ago

Carol I am in the same situation.

I am in a different state and the school just said that if students do not pass the TEAS then they will not be admitted into the program at all. So basically all the money on prereqs the past two years, books, gas and time spent on this would then be useless. Are you getting tutors online or a live person in your state?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Hi CT, I am going to study all the material I can get my hands on. I am not going to waste my money and my time taking my prereq. classes and to get turned down for not passing the TEAS exam. I have 1 yr. to prepare myself. I have purchased books and I do the practice test on-line. I was told by a friend to have a plan B, and that was to choose another career or to find school that does not reguire you to pass TEAS to get into the program. I told her, I do have a plan B and it is to finish my PTA classes and my clinical, my plan C, is to prepare myself to study for the state to get my license and plan D, is to get a job as a PTA. I told her that I am going to pass the test and I am going to take one day at a time. I am going to do my very best and I am going to pray that God does the rest.

Suggestion to purchase: UP YOUR SCORE The underground guide to the SAT. (2009/2010) This book will give you tips and strategy to pass the exam. It is a very good study guide. Stay encourage.

57 months ago

Hi CT,
I forget to tell you my client's son will be tutoring me. 2tx a week for 1 year to help me pass the TEAS exam and to get a very high score.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rebecca in Knoxville, Tennessee

55 months ago

I took the TEAS test to be admitted into a nursing program. I bought the review book and did a couple practice tests online. It really helped because I scored well on the exam. Make sure you review math (at about 5th-6th grade level) and know your conversions, such as kilograms to pounds.

Mike in Sacramento, California

54 months ago

Hey guys... here's a great site to use for TEAS exam prep if you're taking the exam. Comes with a 3,000 question database broken down into 170 question practice exams... very helpful in preparing for the test. Check out the link if you're planning on taking the test and good luck!

www.prenursingtestprep.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Carolina in Cambridge, Massachusetts

53 months ago

Hi,

Yes I know about it quite well - I`m preparing for it as we speak!

I recommend the official ATI study guide and practice exam.

I`m also hoping to get a seat in the www.TEASpractice.com private coaching program, so I can get into nursing school asap!

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.