Loma Linda PTA Program!?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (39)

Ellen in Los Angeles, California

21 months ago

I was wondering if anyone has applied for 2013 PTA program?? if so, have you heard anything back? I applied and I am hoping i get in! (:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

21 months ago

How much are they graping you for with this program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

about 30 grand

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Ellen in Los Angeles, California said: about 30 grand

So you're not even a PT, you're an assistant. I suppose there is some kind of license you have to get and you can only get this with their schooling. These schools have a lot of nerve charging that kind of money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mollyKINS in Eureka, California

21 months ago

I am in the process of applying right now. I am trying to get my application in before early deadline which is Nov 1st but I believe you can apply up until April 1st of next year so I would imagine that we won't be hearing much from them until after that date. I hope I get in also but I am going to apply to 7 other PTA schools as well and hope for the best. Hopefully I get into someplace that doesn't cost $25,340 for a 15 month program. I do however like that it is one of the shorter programs and I think in some ways it is worth the price. After spending 4 years getting my B.S. in Kinesiology Pre-PT it would be nice to jump into the field asap. I wish you the best of luck on your application! Who knows? Maybe we will be classmates summer 2013 :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Molly, thatll be great if we end up as classmates. One of my friends applied to the LLU program and was called for an interview in december. just a heads up. The program is quite expensive but I also like the fact that its a shorter program. Heard the program itself is intense!

Don'tbelieveit in: shut the hell up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

I'm laughing. Go pay that money then. Karma is sweet.

21 months ago

Yeah I may be stepping down from a B.S. to an A.S. but so what? Sometimes you can do more with an A.S. especially with an A.S. in PTA. As it is now with my B.S. I can only work as an Aide now for around $9. If it takes me 15 months and near $30,000 to double or even triple my current salary and have a lot more freedom to make decisions in a field I enjoy I will do it. Also, around 30% of people going through the PTA program already have a B.S. and some even have their masters! Maybe someday I will go to PT school. Who knows? But I am still only 22 so I have my whole life ahead of me. I am just taking it one step at a time :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

No, the point is...these schools sell you hopes and dreams with these programs when there are no jobs out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

terry mcginnis in lakewood, California

19 months ago

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona said: No, the point is...these schools sell you hopes and dreams with these programs when there are no jobs out there.

you dont seem to know what your talking about

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

terry mcginnis in lakewood, California

19 months ago

mollyKINS in Eureka, California said: Yeah I may be stepping down from a B.S. to an A.S. but so what? Sometimes you can do more with an A.S. especially with an A.S. in PTA. As it is now with my B.S. I can only work as an Aide now for around $9. If it takes me 15 months and near $30,000 to double or even triple my current salary and have a lot more freedom to make decisions in a field I enjoy I will do it. Also, around 30% of people going through the PTA program already have a B.S. and some even have their masters! Maybe someday I will go to PT school. Who knows? But I am still only 22 so I have my whole life ahead of me. I am just taking it one step at a time :)

I couldnt have said it better, my thoughts exactly!! I'm in the same situation as you, BS in Kinesiology

Linda in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

Hi terry,

Have you applied for the program?

jrmavc in AV, California

18 months ago

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona said: No, the point is...these schools sell you hopes and dreams with these programs when there are no jobs out there.

That's only true for programs like respiratory therapy, lvn, rad tech.

anyways, Loma Linda U is a reputable school. i much rather pay them $27 K than pay Concorde, Pima or Carrington the $40-60k they charge for their programs. ive never believed or trusted in these trade schools.

For anyone thinking of doing PTA without waiting for a Jr College to accept you... I would say better pay $30,000 to a university with a good reputation like Loma Linda and youl'll be done in 15-18 months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mollyKINS in La Puente, California

18 months ago

I finished applying to LLU a few days ago and am anxious to hear back from them. I am also a bit nervous because although I do have a BS in kins and PT aide hours my overall GPA is a 3.1. Could anyone tell me if that might be acceptable for Loma Linda's PTA program? I really have no idea what I am up against.

Is in Alhambra, California

18 months ago

Hi molly!

I applied two years go after the priority deadline (want to say in decemeber). I was able to get an interview but learned that I was the second to last person to get interviewed. This happened around the beginning of january. A few days later I was told that I was on the wait list. I was told that it is very difficult to get in after the priority deadline bc around late december they already have some people accepted into the program. Im not trying to discourage you or anything but this happened :(. However, bc i was placed on the wait list, on the following year I was automatically in. Your overall GPA is good and im sure youll get into the program. Just make sure to have all out in/out patient hours done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mollyKINS in Chino Hills, California

18 months ago

Is in Alhambra, California said: Hi molly!

I applied two years go after the priority deadline (want to say in decemeber). I was able to get an interview but learned that I was the second to last person to get interviewed. This happened around the beginning of january. A few days later I was told that I was on the wait list. I was told that it is very difficult to get in after the priority deadline bc around late december they already have some people accepted into the program. Im not trying to discourage you or anything but this happened :(. However, bc i was placed on the wait list, on the following year I was automatically in. Your overall GPA is good and im sure youll get into the program. Just make sure to have all out in/out patient hours done.

Thank you for the feedback! I know I probably should have applied earlier but I didn't have my BS done at the time and I wanted it before I applied. That would be great to get an interview! If not I have some other options... I just might have to move far away lol It will work out :)

Is in Alhambra, California

18 months ago

No problem! Try Cerritos! I believe their application deadline is early June. The accept people based on a point system.

mollyKINS in Amarillo, Texas

17 months ago

Is and everybody else! I just got a phone interview for Loma Linda's PTA program! They are going to call me this Thursday! I am so nervous! They told me that they are only doing interviews for the next two weeks so it looks like I got in at the last possible moment lol

Is in Montebello, California

17 months ago

Woooo hooo!! Congrats!!! :D

jrmavc in AV, California

17 months ago

mollyKINS in Amarillo, Texas said: Is and everybody else! I just got a phone interview for Loma Linda's PTA program! They are going to call me this Thursday! I am so nervous! They told me that they are only doing interviews for the next two weeks so it looks like I got in at the last possible moment lol

Good Luck Molly, I hope you get in! Don't forget about these forums and let us know how it goes! Woot woot!

16 months ago

I got into the 2013 PTA program!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

16 months ago

I got into LLU's Summer 2013 PTA program!!!

16 months ago

Sorry didn't mean to repeat that twice lol

16 months ago

Ellen in Los Angeles, California said: I was wondering if anyone has applied for 2013 PTA program?? if so, have you heard anything back? I applied and I am hoping i get in! (:

Did you get in?!?!?!?

Ivy in Gardena, California

16 months ago

Congrats Molly on getting in! Looks like you'll be one of my classmates! :D

16 months ago

Ivy in Gardena, California said: Congrats Molly on getting in! Looks like you'll be one of my classmates! :D

Thanks Ivy! I look forward to meeting you! In the meantime I have lots of work to do. Time to pull out those old Kinesiology books :)

jrmavc in you'll never know, California

16 months ago

mollyKINS in Eureka, California said: I got into the 2013 PTA program!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!

Congratulations Molly. I supposed you're starting in the Fall of 2013.

I'm also hoping to get in for the Fall of 2013, grad class of June 2015. I will let you all know how it goes for me as well.

Wish me luck!

mollyKINS in Windsor, California

16 months ago

jrmavc in you'll never know, California said: Congratulations Molly. I supposed you're starting in the Fall of 2013.

I'm also hoping to get in for the Fall of 2013, grad class of June 2015. I will let you all know how it goes for me as well.

Wish me luck!

Yes please update! I wish you the best of luck! I just heard from them this morning so I am sure you will hear from them soon!

16 months ago

mollyKINS in Windsor, California said: Yes please update! I wish you the best of luck! I just heard from them this morning so I am sure you will hear from them soon!

Oh I'm not applying to Loma Linda. I'm applying somewhere else. I don't find out 'til July of 2013.

Wish me luck! I will tell you once I'm accepted or not.

16 months ago

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona said: So you're not even a PT, you're an assistant . I suppose there is some kind of license you have to get and you can only get this with their schooling. These schools have a lot of nerve charging that kind of money.

Loma Linda University, is a reputable university. It's not a trade school. I'd much rather pay them than pay Concorde or some baloney college like that.

Ivette in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Congrats Molly!! I also go accepted for this June! Im quite excited to get started! Im currently trying to complete all the paperwork and finding a place to live! I look forward to meeting you in June!

mollyKINS in Arcata, California

16 months ago

jrmavc in you'll never know, California said: Oh I'm not applying to Loma Linda. I'm applying somewhere else. I don't find out 'til July of 2013.

Wish me luck! I will tell you once I'm accepted or not.

Good luck!

mollyKINS in Arcata, California

16 months ago

Ivette in Los Angeles, California said: Congrats Molly!! I also go accepted for this June! Im quite excited to get started! Im currently trying to complete all the paperwork and finding a place to live! I look forward to meeting you in June!

Congrats to you as well! Yeah I am working on the forms too. Almost done I think... :) I signed up for Lindsay hall so it's back to dorm life :) Man I am going to miss my queen bed! lol I am getting really excited though! A little nervous but I know I will feel better once I get there and meet everyone in our class! I am going to go check out the campus for the first time next week! I honestly can't wait!

Ivette in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

It's a really nice campus. You'll love it! (I really liked the gym and the salted pool!) There's a lot of construction going on! Ill probably end up living in the dorm too.

Melia in Los Angeles, California

11 months ago

I've just barely looked into this profession within the past year and have a couple questions that hopefully you guys can answer: 1. When you apply, must courses/hours be completed prior to application or can they be "in progress?" I almost have all the prereqs. 2 classes short. 2. Is it like Cerritos where all the people accepted have a BS? Im nowhere close to that.

ptabridgeLL in Sterling Heights, Michigan

10 months ago

congrats to everyone who got into the program at loma linda for PTA! I have a question for everyone does loma linda still offer their PTA to PT bridge program?

d.b.Jr. in Glendale , Ca. in Los Angeles, California

4 months ago

someone mentioned they'd rather pay their $ to Loma Linda (because they are reputable) rather than Concorde or the like. the main thing is................are they accredited by CAPTE? (commission on accreditation in physical therapy education. if they are one (school) is as good as the next. because they all have to pass the same rigorous requirements in order to teach and be accredited.

go to capteonline.org for more info. on this organization

d.b.Jr. in Glendale , Ca. in Los Angeles, California

4 months ago

oh and to "don't believe it in Phoenix, Az. These assistants are the only persons allowed to give PT other than full blown Physical Therapists. which are doctors by the way. (meaning they have to have a doctorate in Physical Therapy, higher than a bachelors and masters.)Physical Therapists make great $. but PTA's pay is not too shabby either. go to bls.gov (bureau of labor and statics) this site gives all kinds of info. on different professions, pay, outlook for growth, etc. a GREAT resource for someone looking to get into the healthcare field.

Recent Grad in Tucson, Arizona

4 months ago

Not all PTs are "doctors". Some are practicing with bachelor's or master's degrees. Also, I think that the public sees a difference between a DPT an an MD, although the APTA wants to change that perception.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.