Carola in Newport News, Virginia

23 months ago

Can you share the goods this way as well. carolamdlt@gmail.com

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathy K in Dover, Delaware

22 months ago

Hey Jeremiah,

you seem to be the go-to guy for the study guide for the PTA laws and jurisprudence exam for Florida. Would you mind emailing me your study guide. I am taking the test in about 2 weeks. I have done the flash cards, but any other study info would be greatly appreciated. My email is kathykarnbach@me.com
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Jeremiah Fredrick in Florida

22 months ago

Np at all! Glad to help where I can, pay it forward!

princess creampuff

22 months ago

jeremiah -
could you please send your study guide to yet another seeker? dbmeasel@yahoo.com
thanks tons!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Merlin777 in Miami, Florida

22 months ago

Please send it to me too. Thanks.

karlfvoeller@gmail.com

I start PTA school in January.

janel in Oscoda, Michigan

22 months ago

Jeremiah Fredrick in Florida said: I have a nice study guide that I could e-mail if you are interested.

R,
Jeremiah

hey would you send me study guide? jabre_03@yahoo.com

Future PTA in Olathe, Kansas

22 months ago

Jacob in West Palm Beach, Florida said: Taking the jurisprudence exam this tuesday, and all ive really been doing is looking over the laws. Any chance you could send me that study guide?
Thanks

Would like to get a copy as well for future reference! Thanks! rodneyh97@gmail.com

Lacy in Tampa, Florida

22 months ago

Jeremiah Fredrick in Florida said: I have a nice study guide that I could e-mail if you are interested.

R,
Jeremiah

Can u please send me the study guide lacyssp@yahoo.com

princess creampuff

22 months ago

Jeremiah Fredrick in Florida said: Np at all! Glad to help where I can, pay it forward!

hi jeremiah,
hoping you received my request for your study guide: dbmeasel@yahoo.com
thanks a lot!
debbie

Theresa Vanden Heuvel in brooksville, Florida

22 months ago

Hi Jeremiah....I am taking the law exam in a week. I am sorry to bother you but whatever study guide you are sending out sounds very helpful. Would you mind (or someone else that has received your guide) please email me the info? I really appreciate the help. Thanks!

Theresa Vanden Heuvel in brooksville, Florida

22 months ago

I guess an email address would be helpful! Thanks so much.
tvandenh@aol.com

22 months ago

Long thanksgiving weekend, hope everyone had a great time. Study guide sent!

be11e19 in Toms River, New Jersey

22 months ago

Jeremiah Fredrick in Florida said: Long thanksgiving weekend, hope everyone had a great time. Study guide sent!

I too would appreciate the study guide when you get a chance. Thanks a bunch! (be11e19@yahoo.com).

Trisha in Overland Park, Kansas

22 months ago

Hi Jeremiah,

Would you mind forwarding that study guide to me? I am trying to get my FL license as well & just found out about this test I have to take. Please send to trishac43@gmail.com

Thanks!
Trisha

R,
Jeremiah

atrudel2@gmail.com in Cumberland, Rhode Island

22 months ago

Hi Jeremiah, Would you be able to send a copy of the study guide for FL laws. I have to take the test in a few weeks.
Thank You,
April atrudel2@gmail.com

princess creampuff

22 months ago

anybody on this forum that's taken the rules and laws exam already? i printed them off from the website, and they seemed to have to do with how many ceus, stuff about board members, delegated duties, etc. the mentioned flash cards and study guide have info on hypothetical situations which are mostly common sense. do we really need to study the 50 some pages of laws about where to send our change of address and what the maximum fine is for elapsed license? (LOL)
thanks for any thoughts on this from anyone who's already taken the test!

asaroq in Brookeland, Texas

22 months ago

R,
Jeremiah

Hey Jeremiah,
Would you send me that florida study guide, thanks
Quinn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

asaroq in Brookeland, Texas

22 months ago

R,
Jeremiah

Hey Jeremiah,
Would you send me that florida study guide, thanks
asaroq@yahoo.com
Quinn

Kara in Tampa, Florida

22 months ago

awhite4474 in Vero Beach, Florida said: Sorry forgot to mention the email... its awhite4474@aol.com
Thank you in advance

I am having trouble also passing the laws and regulation test. Can someone send me some study helps? I already have a large legal study guide that is hard to understand.

Kara in Tampa, Florida

22 months ago

I need a study guide that is easier to understand than a version that is so technical. I am having a hard time passing this laws and regulation test. Please help

Kara in Tampa, Florida

22 months ago

Jeremiah Fredrick in Florida said: Np, best of luck!

Can you please send me a study guide? I have taken the test twice and can't seem to pass it. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any other advise? Thanks. Tbreniser6@verizon.net

Kara in Zephyrhills, Florida

22 months ago

These questions are this study guide are not like the test! It sounds more like pta questions instead of the rules and regulations for pta in Florida. Any other suggestions?

princess creampuff

22 months ago

Kara in Zephyrhills, Florida said: These questions are this study guide are not like the test! It sounds more like pta questions instead of the rules and regulations for pta in Florida. Any other suggestions?

hi kara,
these were my same thoughts which i posted above, about 5 days ago. did the test have questions more like, "what is the maximum fine for..." and "board members serve for how many..." and "what is considered onsite supervision..."? I have a license in ohio, and these are the type of questions the ohio rules and laws test had, much like what looks like the info contained in the VERY large set of florida rules & laws i printed off the board website.

butterfly5123 in Miami, Florida

22 months ago

Hi, Im not sure what study guide you guys are seeing but I made my own one of just the laws. I seperated it and put it in bullet format, on some of them I wrote out the interpretation BASED on the just the outline intent they have in the front of the packet. I think it helped me to study and understand it in a organized format.

Kara in Tampa, Florida

22 months ago

butterfly5123 in Miami, Florida said: I didnt think i was going to get a response! lol... well, I didnt get it :( but thats ok because in the mean time I actually finished my own study guide. I stayed up half the night and finished organizing and interpreting the laws... thanks anyways!

Do you have any notes to share? I have struggled to understand these rules. I have not passed 2 times this rules and regulations test.

study guide in Tampa, Florida

22 months ago

R,
Jeremiah

For some reason i'm not getting ur study guide.Can you please send it to me again. Thanks Lacyssp@yahoo.com

Kara in Tampa, Florida

22 months ago

The questions would give a cases about a therapist and ask what discipline, or what they could or could not do, or license requirements, of course a lot of legal information. I studied the information off the FL website, but it has a lot of legal jargon, which I fould hard to understand and retain

22 months ago

Sent

jayasri88 in Wesley Chapel, Florida

22 months ago

R,
Jeremiah

Hi Jeremiah,

I am going to take my law exam in a few months and I wanted to check out the study guide. I would greatly appreciate it if you can email me the study guide that you have. My email address is jayasri88@gmail.com

Thanks,
Jaya.

22 months ago

Is there a magic solution to passing the NPTE first time around? If there it’s more elusive than my research and probably doesn't exist. Can you pass NPTE first time up, absolutely, positively YES! There are a myriad of PTA's on this site that’ve successfully negotiated the perils of the NPTE and came out victorious on the first go around. Just because you don't "slay the dragon" on your first attempt by no means disqualifies or even in the least bit reduces the quality of your character as a future PTA. Just means for whatever reason, nerves, anxiety, distractions, fear, specific knowledge, deductive reasoning..Whatever it might be was just a little too much on your test day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

As we’ve seen through negotiating and passing our respective PTA programs, each individual has their own unique way of ascertaining and hopefully retaining information. This does not change when tackling the challenges of studying for the NPTE. Bert Lance said, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” and if it’s gotten you this far, stick with it. I’ve had friends that have attempted to try a new study strategy for NPTE only to overwhelm or confuse them so much that it took weeks to “undo” all the mess they had created. If study groups got you past your local PTA program, well then you’re most likely going to need to continue that tread. The only difficult thing with having study groups is that 1. You’ve got to be disciplined to stay on course. 2. There’s a significant amount of information to cover, choose your time wisely. I was a note/flashcard maniac. Let’s face it, reviewing those books for any length of time could make anyone crazy. For me, I would write notes on information that I did not feel as though I had a solid grasp (I took allot of notes), I also looked at information from a different standpoint. I would attempt to ask questions from the information they presented to train myself to learn it from different perspectives. IE: You come across 1 of hundreds of terms while studying: Autogenic inhibition. – Relaxation of the antagonist muscle during contraction. Now for me this term would get lost in the brain sauce within 24 hours and after several hours of staring at that computer screen if that term popped up I’m not sure if I could recall what it was. Spoiler alter! They do not ask that many, if any, verbatim definitions on the NPTE, its scenarios and examples. Here’s how I would take a term like autogenic inhibition and make it both! A patient comes in with excessively tight hamstraings (yes they can use that word) from a weekend of flag football.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

22 months ago

1. What is ROM for Hams
2. Position for MMT on Hams (how would you test GE gravity eliminated)
3. Origin/insertion/function/innervations(dermatomes/myotomes) helps with gait abnormalities
4. What 3 mx’s make up Hams, how do you isolate each of them
So now I’ll take that scenario and say 3 of the more common PNF patterns are:
Contract-relax and hold-relax (there are obviously several others)
Contract-relax- How would I perform this on the Hams (we know this method relaxes the affected mx, while the PTA moves the affected extremity to the limit of motion. Pt actively contracts the antagonist (gotta know what that is and in this cause which mx that would be). The pt then relaxes both mx’s as the PTA moves the affected extremity into the new limit of ROM. By the way, that relaxation of the antagonist is called autogenic inhibition.
Hold-relax- now the pt would isometrically contracts the agonist mx (hams) against the force of the PTA at the end of ROM. After 10 seconds the pt relaxes, PTA passively stretches the LE into new ROM.
Another trick I noticed on the test is asking a question in such a manner as to make you think of the correct answer in a whole new angle. Allow me to explain.
There are several ways to measure for a standard cane, the one most familiar to me is:
The elbows are in about 25 degrees to flexion and the handle of the cane should be approximately at the level of the wrist. But think of how else they could ask that question, what bony landmark on the body does that line up with?
A. ASIS B. Mid-Femur C. Greater Trochanter D. Sciatic Notch
If you answered C. you are thinking in the right manner. Assuming 25 degrees of elbow flexion would put the wrist near the Greater Trochanter. OSullivan pg 545.

22 months ago

Another thing that saved me was not overloading my brain. Kudos to those who can pack their noggins with endless charts of contraindications, myotomes, dermatomes, cranial nerves and the like. Not being one of those I adapted a method where if I could learn a few and know them well it increased my odds of being able to rule certain answers and get it to 50/50. You’ll appreciate 50/50 versus a ¼ stab in the dark. For instance I learned ALL the characteristics of a left brained individual, so if the question arises and it did not fit into the left brain category (you get the picture). Dermatomes/myotomes, I read over all of them but focused on C5,6,7 and L2,4 S1,4. I knew if that question came up I would be able to KNOW the ones I selected and rule out hopefully 1 or 2 incorrect answers, tilting the odds in my favor. This tactic is good when time is not on your side and you’re facing the NPTE in a matter of weeks. The reason this worked for me is the NPTE is LONG. During the practice tests I was finishing them with 30, 45 even an hour left before my clock ran out. On the NPTE I took 3:55 minutes of 4 hours. I don’t care who you are after 3:55 minutes of test taking all information goes out the window and if you’ve tasked your brain with too much memorizing, well it all starts to blend. So I figured if I could really KNOW ½ of a given table it would serve me better than if I beat myself senseless trying to learn all of them just to drawl a blank during the test.

22 months ago

Speaking of during the test, you’re allowed 2 unscheduled breaks and 1 15 minute scheduled break, take all of them. At the conclusion of 1-50 it prompts you that you are allotted an unscheduled break, (the clock keeps ticking). My advice is to take that break, get up go to the restroom, walk shake your arms, legs and return. I only probably took 3 maybe 5 minutes at the most but it relaxed my brain just enough so I could refocus. You can’t sneak candy in (that sucks) they make you empty your pockets and turn them inside out, so no cheating there. This is a biggie, depending on what time you take your test, you should pack a lunch. My test started at 9:00 am, so half of 4 hours would put my 15:00 min break at 11:00 and my brain needed energy. I had packed a PPJ and a diet coke, this might have saved my life because I did not finish that test until 1:30 and by the end I was tired, but I WAS NOT HUNGRY. We all know how fatigue and hunger can mess with your brain. YOU have the option to rule one of those out, I HIGHLY suggest you do it. They have lockers there, just pack something, anything!!! Some sugar, ..just no alcohol (hehe).
So that’s it…I can’t really say study this or study that, cause that test pretty much covered the entire review book. There are 5 versions, so no help there. Read the question twice; make SURE you understand what they are asking you. I have never used scratch paper, but this time I was writing all over that dry eraser board. You all have a wealth of knowledge, and you will succeed on this NPTE. Don’t think anything about it when it’s done, I have not YET talked to anybody who walked out of it whistling the victory song.
SCOREBUILDERS- Helped me!
PEAT EXAM- Closed in my opinion to the real deal-Highly suggest this one!
Best of wishes all!!!

22 months ago

I hope to be on here as much as possible along with many other PTA's and current SPTA's.

“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”

― Confucius

Mark in North Port, Florida

22 months ago

Hello Jeremiah, your comments have been helpful, so thanks. Just wanted to request your study guide for the law exam if possible. Would greatly appreciate the help. email is markperkins45@gmail.com

karmington in Washburn, Wisconsin

22 months ago

Hi Jeremiah,
Can you please e-mail me the study guide. I will be making my way to Florida! skinautique98@yahoo.com
Thank you

Kim

Fl Laws Tester

21 months ago

Jeremaiah,

We are about to take our Fl. Laws test in a week..can you assist by sending us your study guide. Thanks lmitch2004@aol.com

toddnilsen@hotmail.com in Junction City, Kansas

21 months ago

hey jeremiah im getting ready to move down to Florida, could you please send me that study guide. i appreciate this alot. toddnilsen@hotmail.com
thank you ,
todd

cgray in Saint Augustine, Florida

20 months ago

Hi Jeremiah I would greatly appreciate the law guide also.Thanks for all of your comments!

cgray in Saint Augustine, Florida

20 months ago

Christygray4@yahoo.com

Pankaj in London, Ontario

20 months ago

Hi Jeremiah,
I am appearing for NPTE exam. I am more worried about the jurisprudence exam than the NPTE. I was wondering if you could email me the study guide for the jurisprudence exams. My email is jeetpram@hotmail.com
Thanks,
Pankaj.

toshays in Englewood, Florida

20 months ago

Hi Jeremiah,
You seem to be a Godsend for those of us wanting help for the state exam.
If you don't mind, I would appreciate it if I could also get a copy of the
study guide everybody is talking about.
Please and thank you,
toshays@gmail.com

20 months ago

Toshays, I appreciate the kind words. Not to sound cliche but please "pay it forward"

thisnthatt2007@yahoo.com in Van Buren, Arkansas

20 months ago

Hi Jeremiah, getting ready to head that way will be registering for jurisprudence exam soon could you send me that study guide? Please I would appreciate it. thisnthatt2007@yahoo.com

Burdmr in Cape Coral, Florida

20 months ago

Hi Jeremiah,

Thank you for the tips and for "paying it forward". It's rare to find someone that is willing to help complete strangers. I'm grateful for people like you. I would really appreciate a copy of the law study guide if you still have it.

AmyRBurdett@Gmail.com

Thank you for your time,

Amy

lacy in Tampa, Florida

20 months ago

R,
Jeremiah

Hello can you please send me the study guide. lacyssp@yahoo.com

rkimball in Rochester, New York

20 months ago

Hey Jeremiah:

Can you please send me your study guide? I really appreciate it.

rkimball8@gmail.com

ASmith in Fort Myers, Florida

20 months ago

Jeremiah,

Could you please email your study guide to SmithPhysicalTherapy@gmail.com? Thanks!

devine power in Buffallo

20 months ago

Life as <a href="www.iphysicaltherapist.net/Physical-therapy-assistants.html/">Physical therapy assistant in Florida</a> must be awesome. I found very interesting article here on Life as PTA.

I was wondering about job opportunities and income potential.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.