PTA Liscence Exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 794)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Kim in Chandler, Arizona

67 months ago

Susie,
Thank you for the information. I will call over to Scottsdale Health Care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charles PTA in Keller, Texas

67 months ago

Hospitals in the Dallas/Forth worth area and out-patient clinics. Thanks I will try!!

Susie in San Diego, California

67 months ago

Kim in Chandler, Arizona said: Susie,
Thank you for the information. I will call over to Scottsdale Health Care.

Anytime, glad I could help:)let me know if you have any other questions about the program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

GIULIANA in Miami, Florida

67 months ago

PLEASE!!!! I need to start studying for the test, but I have no idea which is the actual book to study for it. I know usually there is a specific book that everyone uses. Could you PLEASE tell me which one should I buy???? I need to get it ASAP!!

ag in Lewisburg, West Virginia

67 months ago

Get scorebuilders author is giles it's great!

67 months ago

Thanks I have the 2008 and the 2007 version, both where helpful but unfortunatly I did not pass the NPTA Exam. The question were hard.

Jasmine in Brampton, Ontario

66 months ago

Lindsey Fox in Sewickley, Pennsylvania said: Hi Poster!

I'm a healthcare recruiter and place PTAs all over the country in perm, contract, and temp positions. We can also help with your exam and state licensure. You can e-mail me with any questions.

Thanks,
Lindsey

How do I get in touch with you Lindsey???

66 months ago

Tell me your e-mail address Lindsey!
I would love to talk to you concerning my exam and review course.
Charles Lewis PTA in Texas

anna in Ladera Ranch, California

66 months ago

Charles PTA in Keller, Texas said: OK I will susie, There is one in dallas, Texas on Feb. 14-22 for a 1000.00 dollars
Therapy Team Review courses for NPTE and NPTAE. Therapy Team educational sevices
They told me that failure is not an option!
Wow I have got to give them a trial run.

I took thearpy team and I failed for 6 th times waste of money I was only PTA taking that rew. and rest PT. I talk to people from that course a few of them failed as well. You should talk to your teacher and asked if she/ he can guide you. Maybe you need more time on your test they can extend. I know it is very hard you spend money and time going to school and now you can't pass your test. don't give up you will pass stay positive.

66 months ago

Anybody taken their California Law Exam recently? I was wondering if anybody knew of an online practice test for the CLE. I'm planning on taking it tommorrow. Any advice would be greatly appeciated.

66 months ago

Hey Kim,

I was wondering how it went with finding a place to get your hours done?

Kat 1962 in Fort Myers, Florida

66 months ago

Snowellie in Somewhere in Ohio, Ohio said: Hello,
I just graduated from PTA school 3 weeks ago, my letter to test from the board will be here within a week. I got A's and B's during PTA school...Ive been studying the last few months for this test..In pta school, i tested very well...BUT im very discouraged now, Ive been taking the Giles practice test and the PEAT and scoring 57-59%:( I know that means im not ready to take the Board exam..anyone have any advice..Im very burnt out at this point:(

I graduated at the top of my class and I did not do well on the practice tests. I was not the only one in my class - I passed my licensure exam on the first attempt!! Don't let it "freak you out".

66 months ago

Jackie in Jordan, Montana said: Travelers make $17 to 24/hr. The average PTA pay is 18 or 19 dollars an hour according to the national statistics.

SNF's tend to pay the most, here in Florida about $27/hour.

66 months ago

Susie in San Diego, California said: Gateway is a community college (not to underate because the program is REALLY hard. However, because it's a community college it's going to be less expensive and be a little more lenient with grades. I would make sure that once you get in to a school, that you get A's and B's because the program is NO JOKE. If I were you, I would find a PTA program in FL. so that it will be cheaper. It was a hard adjustment for me to move from NY to AZ in a lot of ways. It's one extra stress that I would honestly avoid. As for the requirements...I would check out the schools that your're interested in and see what their program requirements are. They all vary a little bit. Most of them do require basic english, math and anatomy and physiology. Check out the APTA website for a list of accreditted PTA programs.

The PTA Program I attended required a minimum of 2.0 GPA. You put your name on a list and were accepted in that order (no matter what your GPA as long as it met the minimum requirment of 2.0). Be aware, it is a difficult program that you must invest alot of time into if you expect to make it through. I know of classes that lost half of it's students the first year because they couldn't make it through.

mwilliams

66 months ago

I am currently in a PTA program in Texas and it was not as easy as that to get in! There were 84 applicants of which only 40 were given interviews. Of those only 16 were chosen. Grades were a huge deal along with reading comprehension skills. Just because it's a "Community College" doesn't mean easy or lenient. I feel the director of the program has alot to do with it's standards of teaching and expectations of the students! Our program director requires us to be quick thinking, mature, and self-motivated. She's great! She likes to have fun too....it's a rewarding program and field to be in! Good luck on your exams everyone.

66 months ago

Do you know of any review courses through your texas state or college that they are offering? I need a course for NPTA exam!

66 months ago

I think I should clarify what I meant. My program was ANYTHING BUT EASY. I worked VERY HARD to get my degree. What I meant was that community colleges are EASIER to get into. HOWEVER, to be accepted into the PTA program requires high grades in all of the prerequiste classes and a mimimum GPA of 2.5. You need a C or better to stay in the program. I believe that's standard in every school.

Giulianao in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

PLEASE!!!! I need to start studying for the test, but I have no idea which is the actual book to study for it. I know usually there is a specific book that everyone uses. Could you PLEASE tell me which one should I buy???? I need to get it ASAP!!
ANY MDC students??????

66 months ago

OK Thanks for the info unfortunatly I couldn't use this info now, I have already graduated.
I know how hard it was I had a 3.0.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

Hey Charles,

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving me your email address. I'd like to email you.

mwilliams

66 months ago

Thanks for clarifying :) I guess I am not sure if it's easier to get into a community college program or not because I've never applied anywhere else.
I don't know of any review courses in Texas or even at my school. I will, however, ask my director tomorrow. I've learned alot from just reading these comments that I should probably get scorebuilder to practice for the state licensure. Is this right? After reading what everyone has written I'm so nervous when it's finally my turn to take the state exam!

66 months ago

Yes this right scorebuilders is good to syudy but remember it gives examples not actual test questions good luck. I am on my third try......

66 months ago

Great News! I took the California Law Exam yesterday and...I PASSED!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

mwilliams said: Thanks for clarifying :) I guess I am not sure if it's easier to get into a community college program or not because I've never applied anywhere else.
I don't know of any review courses in Texas or even at my school. I will, however, ask my director tomorrow. I've learned alot from just reading these comments that I should probably get scorebuilder to practice for the state licensure. Is this right? After reading what everyone has written I'm so nervous when it's finally my turn to take the state exam!

I went to, two different community colleges and a state school. In my opinion, I benefitted more from my community college experience. I had excellent teachers, the classes were smaller, and most of my teachers weren't just teachers, they also actively participated in the field that they taught. That's why I would never put down a community college and I really hope that I didn't give that impression from the comments I made earlier.

As for the NPTAE, Scorebulders is definitely a good place to start. I found it very helpful to study for the NPTAE with a partner. It's more fun, plus if you don't know or understand something, you can ask your partner and vice-versa. In teaching something you also learn. I REALLY think it's what helped me the most. Not only that but you're accountable to somebody and you can motivate each other. If any of you studying for the Boards can find a partner please do so. I moved to a new city and lucked out in meeting my study partner and now friend. I would post on this site or on Craig's list if you don't know somebody in your area.

I was very FREAKED OUT before I took the boards. It's very daunting, but don't let it overwhelm you. Set a deadline for yourself and when you're taking the boards focus on one question at a time. Scorebuilders has practice tests, use those tests as a study guide. Those tests are actually pretty tough but don't let that discourage you, study what you missed

mwilliams in Dallas, Texas

66 months ago

I agree that having a study partner is the best way to go. That is how I am surviving in this program now. I also agree that teaching someone is a far better way for me to learn and remember than for me to be taught. Thanks for the encouragement about the boards. I did not have a chance to ask my director yesterday about review courses because it was so hectic before spring break. (Thank God it's spring break!) I will, however, ask when I return. Good luck everyone. . . and Suzie, congradulations on passing the exam!!!!!!!
Michelle

66 months ago

mwilliams in Dallas, Texas said: I agree that having a study partner is the best way to go. That is how I am surviving in this program now. I also agree that teaching someone is a far better way for me to learn and remember than for me to be taught. Thanks for the encouragement about the boards. I did not have a chance to ask my director yesterday about review courses because it was so hectic before spring break. (Thank God it's spring break!) I will, however, ask when I return. Good luck everyone. . . and Suzie, congradulations on passing the exam!!!!!!!
Michelle

Thanks Michelle!

It's definitely a good idea to get some advice from your director.
My feeling is that I wouldn't go with a study course if I were you. They're very expensive and in my opinion...probably a scam. I think you should stick with a study partner or form a study group to prepare for the boards. Good Luck! and Enjoy your spring break.

66 months ago

Michelle I know how you feel. Thank God, Please when you here from your director concerning the review courses let me know. Charles

Nellz in Apopka, Florida

66 months ago

Kat 1962 in Fort Myers, Florida said: I graduated at the top of my class and I did not do well on the practice tests. I was not the only one in my class - I passed my licensure exam on the first attempt!! Don't let it "freak you out".

Hey kat, can I get your email address? I'm planning on taking my boards in April I need Help.

Nellz in Apopka, Florida

66 months ago

GIULIANA in Miami, Florida said: PLEASE!!!! I need to start studying for the test, but I have no idea which is the actual book to study for it. I know usually there is a specific book that everyone uses. Could you PLEASE tell me which one should I buy???? I need to get it ASAP!!

Hey Giuliana, I looking for a study partner you can email me at nellz_place@yahoo.com

JohnL1980 in Knox, Indiana

66 months ago

One tip I would give is do not take the same practice exam more than once. However - save your missed questions from that exam and periodically go over those, and why you missed them(maybe because you misread the question or you just didnt have the knowledge about that question) You dont need to waste time going over the easy questions again that you have taken and gotten correct.

I have taken scorebuilders on campus review course and it came with a content outline book for every area for you to study with. I dont know if the book is available seperately from the course.

Practice exams are great but dont use them as the main way to study. You really need to i.d. the areas you are weak in and hit them hard.
For example one area I was really lacking in was Pulmonary volumes and capacities so I did everything I could to learn them, I made posterboard charts and hung them on the wall, make matching games and just go over them everyday until you can explain it in your sleep. Set up a study schedule a week in advance: Im going to study this, this, this at this day and time.

Another thing, I am slightly hypoglycemic so sitting for an exam that long wore me down a little and messed with my concentration. You do get breaks though, so before the exam and during break try to eat complex carbohydrate and protein.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nellz in Apopka, Florida

66 months ago

JohnL1980 in Knox, Indiana said: One tip I would give is do not take the same practice exam more than once. However - save your missed questions from that exam and periodically go over those, and why you missed them(maybe because you misread the question or you just didnt have the knowledge about that question) You dont need to waste time going over the easy questions again that you have taken and gotten correct.

I have taken scorebuilders on campus review course and it came with a content outline book for every area for you to study with. I dont know if the book is available seperately from the course.

Practice exams are great but dont use them as the main way to study. You really need to i.d. the areas you are weak in and hit them hard.
For example one area I was really lacking in was Pulmonary volumes and capacities so I did everything I could to learn them, I made posterboard charts and hung them on the wall, make matching games and just go over them everyday until you can explain it in your sleep. Set up a study schedule a week in advance: Im going to study this, this, this at this day and time.

Another thing, I am slightly hypoglycemic so sitting for an exam that long wore me down a little and messed with my concentration. You do get breaks though, so before the exam and during break try to eat complex carbohydrate and protein.

Good luck!

I wanted to know what area do I need to focus the most. I will be taking my text in April and I'm very nervous. I'm lookin for a study partner and it's not easy.

66 months ago

I'm sure s.ellis and everyone else on this thread are studying their but off just like you and I did. I'm not sure why you took the time to respond to a comment that was made a month ago. I've already passed my boards, but this thred is primarily for people who are about to take their boards and are nervous. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for study pointers. I've given advice on study methods that worked for me. You can either take it or leave it.

Boybi in Long Beach, California

65 months ago

Susie in San Diego, California said: Great News! I took the California Law Exam yesterday and...I PASSED!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! Wow, good for you. I'm just preparing to take my NPTAE coz I just got my evaluation from IERF. Do you have any advice coz I'm really scared. Its so hard for me to study coz I got 3 kids who always needs me and I cant really find the time to concentrate. Do u have any connection where I could purchase Scorebuilders (used is better) coz I heard this book helps a lot. And the CLE...was it hard? I know its only 50 questions but I failed that exam when I first took it. Hope you can answer my questions, it would mean a lot. Thanks!!!

65 months ago

Boybi in Long Beach, California said: Congratulations!!!! Wow, good for you. I'm just preparing to take my NPTAE coz I just got my evaluation from IERF. Do you have any advice coz I'm really scared. Its so hard for me to study coz I got 3 kids who always needs me and I cant really find the time to concentrate. Do u have any connection where I could purchase Scorebuilders (used is better) coz I heard this book helps a lot. And the CLE...was it hard? I know its only 50 questions but I failed that exam when I first took it. Hope you can answer my questions, it would mean a lot. Thanks!!!

Hi Boybe,

Thanks for the congrats. I used Scorebuilders to study. I looked online for used books but I didn't have much luck. The cheapest ones were about $40-50. Brand new books cost around $70. I figured that I might as well get a new one because the price wasn't that much more. I bought mine at Borders with a coupon that I found online. Amazon sells them and I think ecampus books also sold them. Google 'scorebuilders' and see what comes up.

As far as study pointers...I have a tendency to be very distracted, especially at home. It was very difficult for me so I found a partner to study with. That helped me out a lot! I HIGHLY recommend studying with a friend. I helps you stay focused, motivated,and accountable. Also, what you have trouble learning your friend can explain and whatever you know, you can teach your partner. In teaching someone else it helps you to learn and remember better. For the CLE I studied on my own. I studied while waiting in the lobby at appointments and at internet cafes.

65 months ago

Hi Boybi,

I ran out of room above. For the law exam I printed out the laws and wrote notes next to each of the laws to summarize it more simply for myself. It also helps you to remember it better, especially if you're a visual person. Know the main stuff stuff: The members of the board, the rules for students, foreign students, applicants, PT/PTA roles and supervision, use of aids, members of the board, corporations, penalites, misdemeanors etc. Pretty much read over everything. Hope what I wrote helps. If you have any more questions let me know. Try not to worry during your exam because that breaks your concentration- just take it one question at a time. Hope this helps.

Boybi in Long Beach, California

65 months ago

Susie in San Diego, California said: Hi Boybi,

I ran out of room above. For the law exam I printed out the laws and wrote notes next to each of the laws to summarize it more simply for myself. It also helps you to remember it better, especially if you're a visual person. Know the main stuff stuff: The members of the board, the rules for students, foreign students, applicants, PT/PTA roles and supervision, use of aids, members of the board, corporations, penalites, misdemeanors etc. Pretty much read over everything. Hope what I wrote helps. If you have any more questions let me know. Try not to worry during your exam because that breaks your concentration- just take it one question at a time. Hope this helps.

thank you sooo much...i hope i'll pass my exam

Paisely in Duluth, Minnesota

65 months ago

This message is for Charles and anyone else who's struggling to pass the PTA Board Exam.

An instructor in my program in Minnesota offers an ONLINE Basic Refresher Course for people who need more structured studying or have taken and failed the board exam. She really looks at exploring what type of test taking errors you might be making.

I know it's helped a lot of folks who have been out of school for a while and now need to pass this exam. Before spending $1000 on some other in person course I'd check this out. It's $400 for the whole course. I'm not sure when the next course will start, but I think if you're really having a hard time it's worth looking into. Here's the link and good luck!

blog.lsc.edu/physicaltherapistasstfaculty/pta-refresher-course/

65 months ago

Boybi in Long Beach, California said: thank you sooo much...i hope i'll pass my exam

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll do great!!!

65 months ago

For any of you from AZ, I thought you might be interested in this info...My teacher sent me a forward that they are hosting a job fair at Gateway Community College on May 8th. It's a great opportunity to network, learn about the program (for those of you thnking about it)talk to students, and find job leads.

65 months ago

Thanks for this information. I need it bad....I did not passs the test three times. I have to wait a whole year to re-take by then I don't know whether I will still remember the key terms and knowledge to pass.
So thanks a bunch. When can I take this course?

Paisely in Duluth, Minnesota

65 months ago

Charles PTA in Keller, Texas said: Thanks for this information. I need it bad....I did not passs the test three times. I have to wait a whole year to re-take by then I don't know whether I will still remember the key terms and knowledge to pass.

Hey Charles,
If you were asking me about when to take that course you should go to the link I put on my message. I believe it's every semester, but I'm not sure. The instructor's contact info is on that page if you check it out.
Good luck.

amanda in Daleville, Virginia

65 months ago

Just gathering some opinions, what is the preference?...out-pt, in-pt, acute care, rehab, or home health?? Especially wanting to gather the pros and cons with home health. Thanks, undecided.

susan in Windham, New Hampshire

65 months ago

Charles PTA in Keller, Texas said: Thanks for this information. I need it bad....I did not passs the test three times. I have to wait a whole year to re-take by then I don't know whether I will still remember the key terms and knowledge to pass.

Charles, my advice to pass the boards is get each book and notes for each class you took. Put them in order you will study them. Read your notes cover to cover and refer to book for details. Have seperate note bookbook as you go thru each course and write down details you must know in a clinical setting. Ex: vital signs, ms testing, therex etc. Review theses notes DAILY. I use to hang them on my walls so they were right in my face everyday until I knew them! Nevermind the Giles or other study guide. You need to study YOUR course notes. It may sound like a daunting task but as Nike says Just Do It because only You can do it. Spend everyday, every spare moment and study, study, study and then TEST your knowledge by asking yourself questions. That is the answer to you passing. You are in panic mode. Don't be. You are not alone. This is hardwork but think of your reward. A fantastic, good paying stable Professional Career. Not many people can say that. Keep coming back for updates and encouragement. You can do this, concentrate and believe in yourself. Susan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reddy in Clinton, Connecticut

65 months ago

Lindsey Fox in Sewickley, Pennsylvania said: Hi Poster!

I'm a healthcare recruiter and place PTAs all over the country in perm, contract, and temp positions. We can also help with your exam and state licensure. You can e-mail me with any questions.

Thanks,
Lindsey

I AM PT FROM INDIA WITHOUT LICENSCE LOOKING FORWARD TO WORK AS PTA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reddy in Clinton, Connecticut

65 months ago

What is the process for applying for NPTAE for conneticut

65 months ago

Hello I am Charles from Michigan who is a PTA but has no license. I need work!!

Tom in Woodstock, Illinois

65 months ago

Charles I saw this job posted, you said you are in Dallas, right?

this site wouldnt let me post the whole link but they have an aide position in Dallas here
www.healthjobsusa.com

Isnt Michigan a state you can work without a license?

Tom in Woodstock, Illinois

65 months ago

Well you have to be careful with some high paying outpatient jobs, some really try to overload you with many patients at once to justify their paying you. Skilled Nursing facility isnt bad if you think you can work within that setting, some people cant for different reasons: either they think the pace is too slow or because they cant deal with the residents themselves. Home health you can work strictly one on one. The pay for home health has really increased lately.

Alicia Gray in Lewisville, Texas

65 months ago

Hello, I completed PTA school in 2004, have taken the exam 3 times and failed my 20 or less points. I am looking for a study partner as I want to re-take the exam by end of this year. I have not worked in the therapy field since 06 and I know that is hurting me. I had to take a job with my other degree in order to keep up with my bills.

I plan to take a class by therapy team before taking the board examination again, but I feel that I need to study with someone first. I am afraid that it's been so long, that I will not pass the test.

Any ideas out there? Feel free to email me at aliciagray@tmo.blackberry.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jasmine in Brampton, Ontario

65 months ago

So for those that are not licensed are you saying these people are out of a job, are you not able to work in your field at all if you are not licensed in the US?

Can you work as a PTA aide or are there places that will hire you fresh from school, knowing that you're studying and preparing yourself to be licensed?? Just curious as I am moving to the states soon, please clarify. I am a PTA grad, moving to New York.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.