Physical Therapist Assistant- is it a waste of time or a good career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (501 to 550 of 1079)
Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next »   Last »

Fit Soul in Irvine, California

50 months ago

WHat answers did you get from Q below? Frustrating, huh?

HENRY in Chicago, Illinois said: I'm thinking about going into PTA. I'm 43 years old. My questions are:
I read some jobs posted on Monster, a PT has to graduate from an accredited Physical Therapy ( CAPTE). If I go for PTA, do I have to choose the school that is CAPTE.
To become a PTA, I need a certificate or have to obtain an associate's degree?
How long does it take to study to become PTA?
Does any one know an accredited Physical Therapy school in Chicago or near Chicago?
Is it easy to get a job as a PTA (entry level, no experience, not not obtaining a license)? (I'm really concerned about it. I had a certificate in Ultrasound and still can't find a job after 8 months graduation due to lack of experience (no place accept me due to lack of experience!!!!)
PLEASE, I BADLY NEED YOUR INFORMATION

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim L in El Dorado Hills, California

50 months ago

Fit Soul in Irvine, California said: Thanks Sacramento...how long is the program? How hard is test? Between SD and Cerrtios what is best school? Are there any private ways to get cert.? What info can anyone tell me that mayb be helpful for someone at 50 wanting to expand education and career. Now 30 years as a celebrity fitness expert.

Hey Fit Soul,

The program here is 2 years, as are most I believe. Not sure how hard the final test is to get your license, but it takes some studying. There is a variety of ages in my class, from 20 to 57, so you're right in there. I've heard good things about Loma Linda, but not about the others. Sacramento is awesome so far. I would suggest talking to someone at each school or visiting. Here they have an informational meeting once a month to answer questions. Everyone is very welcoming.

I am not aware of any other way to become a PTA, as far as finding a cert. You have to be licensed by the state you work in and take a national test, after graduation. There are no short cuts, and honestly I wouldn't want to find one. There is a lot more to learn before working with the public. Being a fitness expert will be a great start, but you'll be surprised how much more there is to learn.

Good luck in your exploration. It took me a couple of years to find my place.

Sassielady in Phoenix, Arizona

50 months ago

Does anyone have any knowledge as to what would be a better career....PTA or an LPN?

beach to desert in Gilbert, Arizona

50 months ago

Sassielady in Phoenix, Arizona said: Does anyone have any knowledge as to what would be a better career....PTA or an LPN?

I have been a PTA x 15 years, what I really like is the flexibility with your work schedule that nurses usually don't have. You can work per deim in hospital/nursing facilities and basically pick the number of hours you want to work and the time you want to do it (within the rehab dept hours). Nurses usually have to work 6-2, 7-3, 3-11 etc. As a PTA, if you want to work 3 hours, leave to go to your sons soccer game and come back for 2 more hours, most places are pretty flexible with that as long as you finish your case load. I hear a lot of nurses complain of the stress and paperwork, and don't seem as satisfied as me and my co-workers. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

PTAstudent in Visalia, California

50 months ago

Sassielady in Phoenix, Arizona said: Does anyone have any knowledge as to what would be a better career....PTA or an LPN?

Beach had a great response to this.

I'd like to add, I would totally do observations with both nurses and PTs. No one should ever start a career without seeing what they would be doing. LPN is a limited nurse and only 1 year of schooling. PTA requires 2 years. If you want an RN or ADN that would be more equivilant in time. A PTA degree would be more challenging than a LPN. I'd recommend RN over LPN if you decide nursing.

Good luck and shadow someone, don't take peoples thoughts on the internet as gospel for your future. Put it in your own hands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lilly in Minneapolis, Minnesota

49 months ago

flossin4u said: Hey, I am also a Dental Hygienist looking to go back to school for P.T.A. I am so glad to see that I'm not the only one burn out and feeling limited. Dental offices seem to be worse than the job itself to me. I feel critiqued and kinda just "watched over" every day. I wish you all the best and let me know what you decide.

Hello, I am currently deciding what to do with the rest of my life and I am so stressed out!! I thought for sure I wanted to be a DH but after reading about it online, I realized that a lot of poeple dislike it! Did you go through with PTA school? If so, how do you like it? and do you have any advice?

latasha LVN in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

J in Jordan, Montana said: If you feel critiqued in Dental Hygiene, I think PTA will be worse. I recommend going to work for someone who respects you and you feel more comfortable with. As a Dental Hygienist you should make $25/hour minimum and many places allow you to work a few days a week. PTAs average $18-19/hour plus benefits and usually work 5 days a week. One of the differences is PTA build relationships with their patients, where as Dental Hygenist keep patients mouth full.

I JUST FINISH PTA SCHOOL WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR IF FROM NOOOOO PTA START WITH 18.00-19 LET GU UP 28-38.00 TEXAS...JUST SAYING

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

darlin777 in Fresh Meadows, New York

49 months ago

I have been in the PTA field for 14 years, and no PTA that I know gets under $30 an hour. You must be referring to a PTaid, they make between $13-$14 an hour. Please get your facts straight before giving advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lilly in Minneapolis, Minnesota

49 months ago

Does a physical Therapy Assistant need a BA degree or just a two year degree?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

darlin777 in Fresh Meadows, New York

49 months ago

A PTA needs a 2 year degree. It is usually quite competitive and challenging, but with the right amount of dedication it is attainable.

PTAstudent in Visalia, California

49 months ago

Lilly,

Becareful by deciding your future solely by listening to the opinions of others. Remember, one person may enjoy what others hate. You have to find out what your personality and skill fits. I've said this a bunch of times. Shadow PTAs and DH. Spend 20 hours in different settings. This is a requirement for nearly all programs anyways. You may find, wow, this isn't for me. Do this prior to investing money, time, and hair. I've known tons of nurses that went in got the degrees and don't practice. Many of clinicians in other fields RT, XT, etc, to pursue other fields.

DH have very flex schedule, work normally 4 days and get paid very well. Some women love this esp with children. Get paid nice for less hours.

PTAs also have luxury of not having odd shift work. Normally they are days and not normally holiday shifts. The money is fairly good, esp for a 2 yr degree.

Latasha,

Do you think that salaries are the same everywhere in the country? J was posting from Montana... Before anyone challenges ideas read. New grads could easily get 19-20/hr that's about 40k year. His info is not that off, esp in MONTANA. Texas just happens to be the fattest state per capita and the PT needs are extraordinary. So yes, PTA's may make more there. MD, VA pay well too. So many variables in compensation. So i'm justing saying...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

T in San Diego, California

49 months ago

I had an interview at Sharp in San Diego last week for a PT Aide position and the PT that interviewed me gave me alot of great advice and we talked for quite a while and she was pretty much saying just go for the PT degree. As a PTA you will hit a ceiling pretty soon and you will feel very limited. Its a 2 year degree and she said it is worth it to do extra year to year (She says 3 years for DPT) to get more pay and more say in patients treatments. PT is a doctorate degree now but there are many schools that offer Masters still and she says that you can still take the exam if you go to schools that just offer a Masters.

Here's some interesting words from PTA's that might make you think twice about getting a PTA. So now I am pretty set on going all the way and just getting the doctorate degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

Hmm I guess I cant post links

But the 1st discussion is about PTA to PT transitin and itll give you some insight on what the PTAs are feeling
www.facebook.com/APTAfans

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

I have NO idea where Indeed got those figures to the right!!

Also in the interview she stated the same figures as PTAstudent above, 20/hr starting for PTA and 30/hr starting for PT. And for us in Cali, $40K is not that great in California! To me anyways. But yeah I guess its pretty good for a 2 year degree and making that right outta school.

Heres another useful link
forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=776922

PTAstudent in Baltimore, Maryland

49 months ago

T,

I don't fully agree with what the PT has told you. First of all it is not just 3 years for the DPT. I have a Bachelors Degree, but some may not. At minimum one needs a bachelors degree, they have to complete at the bare minimum 1 year of pre-reqs, usually takes 2 years b/c all schools normally start in the fall, and have application cut offs. I've heard many times, oh, the DPT is 3 years and the PTA is 2 years, you might as well do the DPT. The fact is it is 3 years after you have been accepted into a program. It is not an easy task as there is high demand. Also, the cost for DPT programs are avg $100,000 to complete.

What I would say if asked should I do DPT or PTA? I'd say it depends. I'm 32 years old. I have a BS and have some of the pre-reqs done but did the math and it would take me 2 years to complete the pre-reqs and apply to a DPT program, which is not guaranteed. I'd be 37 and have close to 100,000 spent on education. Upon graduating I probably would be able to get 60-65k as a new grad.

Instead, I decided to get my PTA license. I have started and will graduate next may. I will be 33 turning 34. My degree is going to cost my 4k. When I get out I will make 50-55k as a new grad. If I do travel or a SNF I can make close to 60k. After 6 months to a year if I do HH, I can make over 70k.

My point is the PTA license makes sense for me. I would be working much sooner and not making all that less than a PT with little to no debt.

If I was in my twenties it would be a no brainer I would go for my DPT. But i'm a midcareer person that is changing careers.

So for a PT to say don't bother with the PTA is a load of crap. It is a great opportunity job for so many and not a waste of time. The money can be very lucrative.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

^^ I agree, do what makes sense for YOU.

If the only school near me was a $100k school then I would def do the PTA route. But there are state schools that are way less than that ($45-50k). Some are going to USC which costs and arm and a leg and the school debt to income ratio for a PT just doesnt make sense there, cause I dont think many PT's get up to 100k.

Lola in Omaha, Nebraska

49 months ago

Wow. You are lucky! Here it costs 30k to get your PTA degree. Do you think it's worth 30k?
Thanks!

49 months ago

Lola in Omaha, Nebraska said: Wow. You are lucky! Here it costs 30k to get your PTA degree. Do you think it's worth 30k?
Thanks!

Wow, I looked on APTA, is that Clarkston? $400 per credit... That is more expensive than a lot of DPT programs. I wouldn't spend that kind of money.

It looks like Northeast Community College is less than $100 a credit. It's in Norfolk NE. Not sure if thats close, there is also a Methodist College that is CAPTE cert in NE.

I don't know your situation, whether you have a BS degree or thinking about DPT, your age and such, but if you are younger i'd spend that kind of coin on a graduate degree, not a PTA license.

This URL may be helpful. You may need to move, or travel further, but it will save you tons.

www.apta.org/AM/Template.cfm?section=PT_Programs&template=/aptaapps/accreditedschools/acc_schools_map.cfm&process=2&ProgramID=A0712BBD%2D2E9F%2D45DE%2D81A7%2D0A450DAB44AA

Good luck!

PTA in Hollywood, Florida

49 months ago

PTAstudent in Baltimore, Maryland said: T,

I don't fully agree with what the PT has told you. First of all it is not just 3 years for the DPT. I have a Bachelors Degree, but some may not. At minimum one needs a bachelors degree, they have to complete at the bare minimum 1 year of pre-reqs, usually takes 2 years b/c all schools normally start in the fall, and have application cut offs.

What I would say if asked should I do DPT or PTA? I'd say it depends. I'm 32 years old. I have a BS and have some of the pre-reqs done but did the math and it would take me 2 years to complete the pre-reqs and apply to a DPT program, which is not guaranteed. I'd be 37 and have close to 100,000 spent on education. Upon graduating I probably would be able to get 60-65k as a new grad.

Instead, I decided to get my PTA license. I have started and will graduate next may. I will be 33 turning 34. My degree is going to cost my 4k. When I get out I will make 50-55k as a new grad. If I do travel or a SNF I can make close to 60k. After 6 months to a year if I do HH, I can make over 70k.

My point is the PTA license makes sense for me. I would be working much sooner and not making all that less than a PT with little to no debt.

If I was in my twenties it would be a no brainer I would go for my DPT. But i'm a midcareer person that is changing careers.

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!! I'm in my 40's and I totally agree with your analysis. If you are in your 20's, and have the drive, ambition, $$$$ or willingness to take on debt, it makes sense to go for your DTP. But a PTA is perfect for many people, depending on their situation. Every PTA I know has been employed continuously for 15-25+ years, even during this recent recession when many white collar professionals were losing their jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

snowflake in Sheboygan, Wisconsin

49 months ago

Hi guys! I'm starting PTA program this fall in Wisconsin. Also, I'm changing my careers:( unfortunately, my BA in business didn't work out for me, may be it's good that it didn't:) the office jobs that I had in the past were just soooo boring!

Does anyone know if additional degree in massage therapy would be a plus to PTA?

Merci!

49 months ago

snowflake in Sheboygan, Wisconsin said: Hi guys! I'm starting PTA program this fall in Wisconsin. Also, I'm changing my careers:( unfortunately, my BA in business didn't work out for me, may be it's good that it didn't:) the office jobs that I had in the past were just soooo boring!

Does anyone know if additional degree in massage therapy would be a plus to PTA?

Merci!

Snowflake,

I'm surprised your business degree isn't a BS. Anyways, its not a bad degree for a PTA. You can eventually go into mgmt if you feel like it later in your career.

As far as your question about massage therapy. I'm not sure you realize it, but there is ther. massage treatments used in PT. You will learn that, though won't be a certified MT.

If you are a PTA and a MT you have to becareful. You can't bill the patient as a PTA if you are giving a non-treatment massage or giving a non-therapy massage. They are very different. Basically can't use your creditials. The only reason to get a massage therapist cert, would be if you wanted to open up your own business.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the massage therapist cert. The PTA license offers more opportunity and a wider range of skills to help rehab patients.

Not sure if that answers your question.

49 months ago

Snowflake, I also have a Business degree that didnt get me very far. Im also a massage therapist but want to do something more medical and more professional than massage. Being licensed will be a plus to Physical therapy cause you will have the knowledge of anatomy and physiology and like what was stated above there are massage principles you would use in physical therapy.

Many massage therapists get into phys therapy cause its more stable, more pay and you will be looked at more as a professional and in the healthfield.

joe in Bellingham, Washington

49 months ago

49 months ago

Daamn!! 50%!! wow! =/

ashley in Fort Myers, Florida

49 months ago

Is it hard being a physcial therapist assistant while pregnant?

Tsw1 in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

Looking for real info on anything PTA? Career-wise or general school info? Email me your questions. No holds barred info.... Tsw1pta@gmail.com. I have been a PTA for 8 years, first in Ohio and now in Georgia. I can answer your questions to help you decide if it is the right career for you or not by giving you straight answers....job related, pay related, job security related, or otherwise....send me your questions

Lola in Omaha, Nebraska

49 months ago

Anything you can share on health care reform's effect on reimbursement for PTAs countrywide would be nice.

Thanks

Kim in El Dorado Hills, California

49 months ago

Any experience with traveling as a PTA?? I am considering this after graduation.
Thanks

PTAstudent in Sykesville, Maryland

49 months ago

Kim in El Dorado Hills, California said: Any experience with traveling as a PTA?? I am considering this after graduation.
Thanks

Kim,

When do you graduate? When you start clinicals you will realize that it isn't realistic to travel right after graduation. You will not be prepared for the workload and knowledge one traveling would require. I would highly recommend working 8 months to a year, prior to traveling.

Traveling offers tons of perks, but you have to be willing to be mobile. The assignments are 13 weeks. And they pay for housing and moving expenses.

49 months ago

PTAstudent in Sykesville, Maryland said: Kim,

When do you graduate? When you start clinicals you will realize that it isn't realistic to travel right after graduation. You will not be prepared for the workload and knowledge one traveling would require. I would highly recommend working 8 months to a year, prior to traveling.

Traveling offers tons of perks, but you have to be willing to be mobile. The assignments are 13 weeks. And they pay for housing and moving expenses.

That's what I was thinking, about experience. I am in the second semester, first year. I'm just daydreaming right now.:) I just started my first clinic, outpatient, just one day a week. I look forward to getting more experience in other settings and actually know what I'm doing. At what point does that start to happen?? Right now I feel like a fish out of water.

I can see that I'm learning a lot as it is a lot of information.

Are you a student too?? Where are you at in your program??

PTAstudent in Sykesville, Maryland

49 months ago

Kim,

Cool! I'm in my second semester as well. How many did you all lose your first semester? We lost I think 11. We start our clinicals in a few weeks. I hear you about feeling confident in your ability. It will come. I'm a rehab tech, and that has helped me gain some more real world experience. I talked to an alumni and they told me they felt much better in their final semester with the full time clinicals. I am so grateful for the schooling i'm getting, though very challenging testing, they are highly preparing us.

Lola in Omaha, Nebraska

49 months ago

PTAstudent in Baltimore, Maryland said: Wow, I looked on APTA, is that Clarkston? $400 per credit... That is more expensive than a lot of DPT programs. I wouldn't spend that kind of money.

It looks like Northeast Community College is less than $100 a credit. It's in Norfolk NE. Not sure if thats close, there is also a Methodist College that is CAPTE cert in NE.

I don't know your situation, whether you have a BS degree or thinking about DPT, your age and such, but if you are younger i'd spend that kind of coin on a graduate degree, not a PTA license.

This URL may be helpful. You may need to move, or travel further, but it will save you tons.

www.apta.org/AM/Template.cfm?section=PT_Programs&template=/aptaapps/accreditedschools/acc_schools_map.cfm&process=2&ProgramID=A0712BBD%2D2E9F%2D45DE%2D81A7%2D0A450DAB44AA

Good luck!

Thanks for the info! I am not interested in becoming a Doctor, and Norfolk is 2 hours away so it is worth the extra money to me to be able to stay in Omaha and attend school. It is a lot of money, but I don't have a better idea :)
As long as health care reform doesn't cause PTA salaries to plummet, I am still very interested in the program. Thanks.

Tim W in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

Lola in Omaha, Nebraska said: Anything you can share on health care reform's effect on reimbursement for PTAs countrywide would be nice.

Thanks

It will definitely affect reimbursement. They are already trying to implement some changes. One of the changes includes decreasing reimbursement rates if job is performed by a PTA instead of a PT. Which in turns, of course, results in decreased pay.

Send your name and email address to my email address so I can send you any new information that I hear. my email is tsw1pta@gmail.com

49 months ago

Kim in El Dorado Hills, California said: Any experience with traveling as a PTA?? I am considering this after graduation.
Thanks

A little, I have worked with other therapists who enjoy it.

send your name and email address to me, and any other specific questions you may have, tsw1pta@gmail.com, so I can get some more info to you.

49 months ago

If you need any questions answered, send me an email, tsw1pta@gmail.com and I will do my best to answer your questions, as straightforward as possible.

Barbara in Sumner, Iowa

49 months ago

Tim W in Atlanta, Georgia said:

Do you know what health care reform's effect will be on reimbursement for PTAs that travel ?

Lata in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

PTAstudent in Sykesville, Maryland said: Kim,

Cool! I'm in my second semester as well. How many did you all lose your first semester? We lost I think 11. We start our clinicals in a few weeks. I hear you about feeling confident in your ability. It will come. I'm a rehab tech, and that has helped me gain some more real world experience. I talked to an alumni and they told me they felt much better in their final semester with the full time clinicals. I am so grateful for the schooling i'm getting, though very challenging testing, they are highly preparing us.

Are you talking about PTA or PT?
I am thnking to do one of it.

49 months ago

Lata in Houston, Texas said: Are you talking about PTA or PT?
I am thnking to do one of it.

talking PTA.

Curious in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

Shannon in Tallahassee, Florida said: Hey everyone...
I am 23 yrs old and started back to college... I am in a rut on deciding what I should get my degree in... I first was thinking about going to Dental Hygiene school but I keep hearing horror stories from ppl in that field... but then I hear some people love that career... DH make 50k starting out and only work 4 days a week!! School is only 2 yrs long as well!!! Then i started to think about PT school but you first have to get your Bachelors then apply to PT school which is another 3 yrs!!! that is so long!!! i know i am young but i cannot imagine being in school that long!
Then i started to think about PTA since its only 2 yrs but will I be selling myself short by taking the easier way out? I am just torn! any advice please!

Just wondering if you have gotten any closer to making your decision. I graduated from dental hygeine school in 2009 and I am learning the hard way about what people have been warning you about with this profession. So now, like you I am considering PT (which I orginallly wanted to do) but it's too much time and PTA which is not as long but another associates degree. I have the exact delimma as you so I am not repeating it. But in addition, I am a single parent so I need to be able to better support myself and child while in school and hopefully much better afterwards. Let me know what you found out to hopefully help me to make my decision also.

jld in Gurnee, Illinois

49 months ago

T in San Diego, California said: Snowflake, I also have a Business degree that didnt get me very far. Im also a massage therapist but want to do something more medical and more professional than massage. Being licensed will be a plus to Physical therapy cause you will have the knowledge of anatomy and physiology and like what was stated above there are massage principles you would use in physical therapy.

Many massage therapists get into phys therapy cause its more stable, more pay and you will be looked at more as a professional and in the healthfield.

Well put...I am a massage therapist and WISH I became a PTA instead. I am now looking into going that route!

Barbara in Sumner, Iowa

49 months ago

@ jld in Gurnee, Illinois and T in San Diego,
I to am a massage therapist and wish to become a PTA . I wish I would have gone into PTA instead. I am doing my observations this month.

Lola in Omaha, Nebraska

49 months ago

Hi. Good luck with your observations- let us know what you learn. I did mine last November. I am slated to start PTA school this fall. I love being a Massage Therapist, but if PTA is better overall, then it is right for me and I can still practice massage on the side I believe.
Let us know

ashley in Fort Myers, Florida

48 months ago

PTA program takes 2 years but you have to remember you have pre-req to get into the program which really takes 3 years then there might be a waiting list so it may take 3 to 4 years of your time!

cj in Ruston, Louisiana

48 months ago

hey i have a b.a. in speech,language, hearing and worked in the school system for 13 yrs. then stayed homed to raise a family. now my family is grown and i'm bored. i would like to pursue a career in PTA. i live in the state of LA and need some feedback on schools and starting pay for PTA's. I appreciate any response from louisiana PTA'S.

Barbara in Sumner, Iowa

48 months ago

I did one of my three observations in outpatient clinic. I loved it! If PTA is a career interest you have. Do your observations.When your done You will know if this is a right fit for you.I start my pre req's this summer.

48 months ago

Barbara in Sumner, Iowa said: I did one of my three observations in outpatient clinic. I loved it! If PTA is a career interest you have. Do your observations.When your done You will know if this is a right fit for you.I start my pre req's this summer.

It only gets better. Hold on to that feeling while you get through the prereqs. Or better, work as an aide and get comfortable with it.

Barbara in Sumner, Iowa

48 months ago

Thank You Kim. That is great advice!

alejandra in Miami, Florida

47 months ago

Hey guys! Allow me to give you a brief history of myself; I am currently employed as mentally profound instructor for autistic children with Dade County Public Schools I work one on one with PT's, PTA's, and O.T's all for my students sake, asso I throughly know what each career involves and REALLY like either one. I received my bachelors in health science and ultimately wanted to go to grad school for O.T. I applied to 6 different schools and only got accepted into one (the most expensive and lengthiest program 90K for 3 years). They also emphasized how I would not be able to work while in school. I am 27 years old and currently in debt 30k for my undergrad studies, it just doesn't add up to get more in debt for the graduate schooling coming out starting pay being 50-60K as an occupational therapist.

Anyhow I have now looked at becoming a PTA, and the two local colleges closest to my area (Miami Dade College, & Broward College) have a two year waiting list :/ Being that my bachelors was in health science i already have all the pre-reqs completed, but that doesn't help me I was told I still must be put on the waiting list. I found another school in West Palm Beach called South University that offers the PTA program which is fully accredited with a 94 percentile on their state exam. I could start in January and they offer courses in the evening I could finish the program in 15 months!

Now my issue is the following: Do you guys think i could still work as an instructor during the day getting out of work by 2/3 p.m? Also, The program is 30K which trust me I know it is very high for an associates degree but i can get in right away without being on a waiting list. Ultimately if I decide on doing it i would be in debt of 60K, do you think I could pay off that student loan debt on a PTA salary faster than have to opt for a 20-20 year loan repayment plan? HELP PLEASE with feedback!! anything anyone knows about this school?? Thanks! Alex

Ashley in Charlotte, North Carolina

47 months ago

I am hoping someone can help me out with some questions I have about becoming a PTA. I am very interested in the career because I love to help people. This would be the most rewarding of it all. I was wondering with the way the economy is now, is it hard to find a job right out of college? Also are you contacted directly once you get out of college (college placement) or have you had to go on career sites to find jobs?...Also what does the average PTA make starting off with no experience straight out of college?...Thank you so much for your time...Also I am located in NC so I know that the pay rate may vary. Thanks!

F Diesel in Minneapolis, Minnesota

47 months ago

like a lot of people on here, im very unhappy with my career. Been in sales 6 yrs now, and im good, but not great and i dont find it very rewarding. I was thinking about OT field, I'm 28 yrs old, Live in MN and would essentially have to start from scratch. I have a useless AAS degree that has me 28K in debt already, so i would need to be able to work and go to school. I see people in their 40's asking if its too late, so i wont say that. But can anyone help with the steps i would have to take? First a BS in what exactly? And then, try and get into an OT program that is usually 2-3 years? so its 6-7 yrs total? what are the pro's an cons of that or trying for an OTA? I just really think i would feel better about getting up in the morning, if i was helping people, but at the same time, going to 8 yrs of school before getting a job, doesn't sound the greatest either. any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Im in MN by the way...

Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.