Salary for full time home health PTA (TX)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 168)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas

35 months ago

Shaeleigh in Texas said: What home health PTA opportunities and salaries are realistic in North TX - anywhere from Wichita Falls to Gainesville to Sherman areas?

Encompass Home Health just opened an office in Denton that covers Gainesville too. Call the Denton office, you can Google the phone number, it won't let me list it here. I'm not sure if they need a PTA or not. I think we're pretty well covered staff wise in Sherman area.

Salary depends on experience, especially home health experience. How long have you been a PTA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shaeleigh in Texas

35 months ago

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas said: Encompass Home Health just opened an office in Denton that covers Gainesville too. Call the Denton office, you can Google the phone number, it won't let me list it here. I'm not sure if they need a PTA or not. I think we're pretty well covered staff wise in Sherman area.

Salary depends on experience, especially home health experience. How long have you been a PTA?

Do you enjoy working for Encompass? How long have you worked for them? What other record keeping methods aside from the PDA are utilized at Encompass? Have 6 years experience working as PTA. Thanks for the information.

35 months ago

Shaeleigh in Texas said: Do you enjoy working for Encompass? How long have you worked for them? What other record keeping methods aside from the PDA are utilized at Encompass? Have 6 years experience working as PTA. Thanks for the information.

Yes, I've been with them 2 1/2 years. The PDA is pretty much everything we document. Every now & then I have to do a paper note, maybe once a month. They're actually quicker but you have to go to the office to turn them in. The PDA's are kinda sluggish but it saves driving to the office every day. I average going in once a week. If you want to give me your email address I can get you more info & answer more specific questions.

Shaeleigh in Texas

35 months ago

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas said: Yes, I've been with them 2 1/2 years. The PDA is pretty much everything we document. Every now & then I have to do a paper note, maybe once a month. They're actually quicker but you have to go to the office to turn them in. The PDA's are kinda sluggish but it saves driving to the office every day. I average going in once a week. If you want to give me your email address I can get you more info & answer more specific questions.

Thanks for the response. Would like to hear more - email is shaeleighgentry@gmail.com. Specifically what is your typical patient load, typical travel distances, etc. Thanks.

Shaeleigh in Texas

35 months ago

Kathy in Mount Vernon, Texas said: I have an opening in the Sherman area. if interested please email me for additional information at kstevens@jhsi.com

Sent you an email a couple of weeks ago. Have yet to hear from you. My email is shaeleighgentry@gmail.com. Thanks.

mojo in Port Orchard, Washington

35 months ago

Thigia in Duluth, Georgia said: Hi I have a question about these pay rates. You have been a PTA for 18 years, are these pay rates for people with experience? How much is normal for a new grad? I live in Atlanta area and I was thinking of asking for anywhere 20-25/hour. Am I being unrealistic? Am looking to work in SNFs which I hear pay more. Thanks

I have 18 eyars experience and make 31 per hour with benfits with 8 years in SNF and prior military experience. I am looking to move to OP and take a pay cut and less benefits. New grads here are making 21-25 per hour OP and 25-29 SNF.
What would be fair to ask for to work OP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

grenae in Lacey, Washington

34 months ago

Ron Engler said: I work home health as a pta in south Texas. I have 14 years experience in the health field. I am working my butt off, 50-60 hours a week, but I am making 10,000 a month. I enjoy meeting pt's in their home, it's nice to see the pt. as a person. I think old people are cute in their own way. I have a PT who is great! Our company is hiring and I'm looking forward to a bonus for bringing on a new PTA.

Where in south Texas are you working and for what company? I would be interested in working in that area. I am a PTA working in home health.

KingV911 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

34 months ago

Is there much PTA part time work; like say, 23-35 hours per week? I graduate May 2012 and am interested in working part time. Most positions I have found when I check job search sites show full time only. I am the type of person who would rather have less money and more free time to take part in hobbies. I'm really hoping I can find something around 30 hours/3-4 days per week. Three ten hour shifts would be wonderful! Living in somewhat rural WI I assume I won't have too many options and will have to take what I can get...

33 months ago

Jon in Ocala, Florida said: Money? I am a PTA with 2 yrs experience.
I am a PTA in FL and I made 104k last yr working 8 hrs a day, 40 hrs a week in home care with full benefits. Regular PT not PTA makes more of course. I visit 8 patients a day. 40- 45 mins each. This kind if income is average in TX, FL, CA, NV, AR, WA... etc. You can ask around with home care companies and they will confirm this.
Now if u want to work outpatient, hourly wage varies from 25-30 an hr with 1 yr exp. RN's would need to work 60 hrs a week during night shifts to be able to make 104k yr. No wonder PT's live and work a less stressful life than other people in other professions, especially RNs.

Jon - what company do you work for or recommend in Florida? I'm considering a move there. Thanks!

AAHC in Stafford, Texas

32 months ago

*** JOB OPPORTUNITY ***

WE are looking for a PT, PTA, OT & Speech Therapist to go to Abu Dhabi for a 6 month project.

You will receive $6000-$7000 a month (Based on Experience)
All expenses will be paid (airfare, housing, transportation) you will only be responsible for food.

If you are interested please contact me as soon as possible at sonia.aahc@gmail.com.

Thank you!

AAHC in Stafford, Texas

32 months ago

Send me an email at sonia.aahc@gmail.com.. I am looking for a PT or PTA to handle Baytown.. I can guarantee you 11 patients @ 2-3 times a week, plus more

dgeary1212 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

32 months ago

Anyone in the OKC metro? I am thinking about going into Home Health FT. I have 5 years experience, but always PRN. I am debating if salary of 72K is a crazy number to ask for? Avg per visit here is $45-55. Thanks.

Renae in Olympia, Washington

32 months ago

dgeary1212 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Anyone in the OKC metro? I am thinking about going into Home Health FT. I have 5 years experience, but always PRN. I am debating if salary of 72K is a crazy number to ask for? Avg per visit here is $45-55. Thanks.

You should find out what the hourly rate or salary for full time PTA is in your area in home health before asking for 72,000. I have been a PTA for 4 years with almost 2 years home health experience and do not make that. Best bet to find out what your local area is paying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

dgeary1212 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Anyone in the OKC metro? I am thinking about going into Home Health FT. I have 5 years experience, but always PRN. I am debating if salary of 72K is a crazy number to ask for? Avg per visit here is $45-55. Thanks.

You should be able to get that. I'd ask for it anyway. Our PRN rate is about the same here. See what their productivity standards are too. Make sure they don't want a crazy number, like 40 visits per week for that salary.

Shaeleigh in Texas

31 months ago

Bluelineman in Little Elm, Texas said: OK. I ended up taking a position with a different company. A PT I work with recommended them to me right before I was going to renegotiate the original offer. This company beat them hands down in both salary & benefits. I ended up getting $30/hr ($62K/yr) with my hours guaranteed. Their corporate office will not let them make a PTA salary, but this is basically the same thing. They have a great support staff & everything is on a pocket PC. I only have to go into the office once a week for case conference & am eligible for a company take home car after 90 days (whenever one becomes available). Until then, they pay mileage. I've been doing home health for about 3 years & have had no problems with dogs. Most people with non friendly dogs say that they will lock them up while I'm there. Never been a big deal for me. Most of the people I deal with are out in the country, so they tend to have that "southern hospitality" attitude. I've been with this company for a month & it's going great.

So you are getting paid hourly rather than per visit? Are you a W-2 wage earner or independent contractor? What is your typical travel distance for your visits? Did you ever get a company car? What do they pay for mileage? My email is shaeleighgentry@gmail.com if you prefer to communicate that way. Thanks

Ron Engler in Texas

31 months ago

Obodun in Katy, Texas said: Do you have a job for me?

Email me at chiro4life@hotmail.com and I will give you the information for RGV Therapists. Thanks.

Ron Engler in Texas

31 months ago

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas said: Ron,
Are you full time or PRN? Do you mind me asking what company you work for? I am in your area. Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response. I am full time but as an independent contractor. I contract solely with RGV Therapists because they keep me extremely busy. I am in south TX - Harlingen, not in the Dallas area. Sorry for the confusion.

31 months ago

Shaeleigh in Texas said: So you are getting paid hourly rather than per visit? Are you a W-2 wage earner or independent contractor? What is your typical travel distance for your visits? Did you ever get a company car? What do they pay for mileage? My email is shaeleighgentry@gmail.com if you prefer to communicate that way. Thanks

Email sent...

Elizabeth in Collinsville, Illinois

31 months ago

Is contract work a good idea for a new PTA grad? I graduated May 2011

31 months ago

Elizabeth in Collinsville, Illinois said: Is contract work a good idea for a new PTA grad? I graduated May 2011

I would try to get some experience first. In contract work you have to be able to hold your own & be confident in different areas. A lot of places that hire contractors want people with experience & don't want to train people.

home health guy in San Antonio, Texas

31 months ago

The medicare reimbursement rate is still well over 100 bucks per visit. PTAs shouldn't sell themselves short in spite of many agencies screaming about diminshed reimbursments. Nurse visits have cornered the market on waste and abuse. Go home health, its the next logical step. (18 years home health)P.S. agencies are paying around 95 for an eval and 85 for treatments to contracting agencies.
Do yourself a favor and bargain from there. PTAs were making 45 per visit prior to the year 2000.

bluelineman in Aubrey, Texas said: Hello. I am a PTA with 18 yrs experience currently working in hospital outpatient clinic. I am looking at a local private home health company to go with full time. They offered me $53K full time, 25-30 visits a week, anything over 60 visits a pay period (2 weeks) gets PRN rate, use their car (not take home) & gas, no 401K, owner will pay part of my portion of the medical & all dental, 8 paid holidays, paid time off.

I got offered 60K last year from a company that never panned out. I wish I could find the paperwork to show him. I'm thinking of telling the owner of the concerns I have (no 401K, will pay more for medical ins) to see if he's willing to bump up the salary.

What would be a reasonable salary? I'm thinking of asking for $57K. The location is about 50 miles north of Dallas. Thanks!

ATS in Beaumont, Texas

30 months ago

I have read this thread thoroughly and just wanted to say that if anyone is interested in moving to Beaumont Texas we have a great Home based therapy company here.

Renae in Lacey, Washington

30 months ago

ATS in Beaumont, Texas said: I have read this thread thoroughly and just wanted to say that if anyone is interested in moving to Beaumont Texas we have a great Home based therapy company here.

What is the name of the company and the contact info? I have been working in home health for about 2 years now and do like it.

Brandi Bass in Gainesville, Florida

30 months ago

I am a LPTA in Gainesville, FL area. I have 3yrs experience in an out patient clinic. I left my position 2yrs ago and have been unable to find a PTA position in North FL. Three years ago I turned down offers monthly and now I can't find a job. I will work in any setting but hope to be in home health asap. If anyone can offer me advice or a job referral in this area I would be grateful for your help.

ThatGirl in Mesa, Arizona

30 months ago

Hi there. It seems there is alot of opportunity in Texas for PTA's. What about Arizona? There is a large population of elderly. Plenty of hospitals as well as nursing homes. Does that help determine the job outlook for a PTA? What about home health? Where does one go to look for jobs upon graduationg from the PTA program?

ImAPta in Santa Clara, California

29 months ago

Hello everyone. I just recently passed my PTA exam and I have been looking online for available jobs in the Bay Area. Can anyone please explain or give me ideas on to which type of setting is the best? I have noticed that there are a lot of Travel PT/home health jobs, but I am not sure what they meant by 13-week assignments? What is the set up for that? What are the advantages and disadvantages of working in a SNF or outpatient? What is the average hourly rate for a PTA in the Bay Area? Thank you!

cheryl blough in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

I have been working in a SNF/outpatient facility for 16 years. I chose to go from 5 days a week to 4 days to have a longer weekend. A new home health care agency just started in my area and they asked me to be part of the team. I am not sure if I would like home health. I have heard pros and cons about it. I would love the flexibility but wonder how you accumulate vacation( I earn up to 5 weeks)and how easy is it to take a day if needed. It is very flexible where I currently work. Plus I currently make just under 27 dollars an hour and would want the move to be worth my while. Any suggestions for pertinent questions that I should ask this company? Plus I have decent health coverage for me and my family that isn't a huge chunk out of my paycheck

28 months ago

cheryl blough in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania said: I have been working in a SNF/outpatient facility for 16 years. I chose to go from 5 days a week to 4 days to have a longer weekend. A new home health care agency just started in my area and they asked me to be part of the team. I am not sure if I would like home health. I have heard pros and cons about it. I would love the flexibility but wonder how you accumulate vacation( I earn up to 5 weeks)and how easy is it to take a day if needed. It is very flexible where I currently work. Plus I currently make just under 27 dollars an hour and would want the move to be worth my while. Any suggestions for pertinent questions that I should ask this company? Plus I have decent health coverage for me and my family that isn't a huge chunk out of my paycheck

You could always try doing home health on a PRN basis to try it out. I get 4 weeks vacation, which is a lot. If you just want to take a day you can have someone cover for you or squeeze your visits into the other 4 days of the week. As long as you get the visits covered, they don't usually care how its done. You should make more than what you currently do in home health. Each area is different as far as pay is concerned, but down here with that experience you could make $8-10/hr more. Home health is great. It's very flexible. You make your own schedule. Like I said, as long as the visit is done, that's what counts. It is a lot like outpatient, just at the clients home instead.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cheryl blough in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

Thanks for the info. I am kind of looking forward to the "team meeting" I was asked to come to this week. Trying to get a list of questions together,productivity expectations, mileage reimbursement etc.

28 months ago

Good idea. Best to know all that stuff up front so you don't get any surprises. I'd ask for $35/hr. The Medicare reimbursement rate is a lot higher than that (I think around $125/visit).

Ahta11 in Duncanville, Texas

28 months ago

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas said: Good idea. Best to know all that stuff up front so you don't get any surprises. I'd ask for $35/hr. The Medicare reimbursement rate is a lot higher than that (I think around $125/visit).

I live in duncanville tx and I am interested on what I need to do to become a PTA. I understand that I need a license but how can I achieve this? I am currently in my masters degree of kinesiology (i achieved a bachelors of science in kinesiology) and I work at a rehab facility for over 2 and 1/2 years as a rehab tech. I just love helping people. I would like to know what steps I should make to achieve the license and is the test hard??? Should I go to school or study a book? Thanks for your previous posts this is very informative!

grenae in Olympia, Washington

28 months ago

Since you have a master's in kinesiology you would be better off continuing to go to school to become a PT. You have to be accepted into a PT program. Talk to the university that you are attending and get info on it.

28 months ago

I agree. Getting your doctorate & becoming a PT would make more sense, given all of your education. I'm not sure it will allow me to paste a link here. Google "accredited PT & PTA programs". Then look for the link from the APTA (American Physical Therapy Assoc). It then breaks it down by PT/PTA program by state. For becoming either PT or PTA, you have to go to school, then pass the state board to get your state license.

28 months ago

cheryl blough in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania said: Thanks for the info. I am kind of looking forward to the "team meeting" I was asked to come to this week. Trying to get a list of questions together,productivity expectations, mileage reimbursement etc.

I would also get your territory defined. Lots of driving means lower visits. Typically PRN employees don't get paid for the time it takes to travel, getting paid for the visit only. Salary/hourly employees do typically get paid for the travel time.

PTA in Weston, Florida

28 months ago

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas said: I would also get your territory defined. Lots of driving means lower visits. Typically PRN employees don't get paid for the time it takes to travel, getting paid for the visit only. Salary/hourly employees do typically get paid for the travel time.

bluelineman,

In your experience, how does the PRN pay compare to Salary/hourly pay in Home Health? I would expect a PRN home health PTA to get paid more to compensate for not getting paid for travel time.

PTA in Weston, Florida

28 months ago

bluelineman,

In your experience, how does the PRN pay compare to Salary/hourly pay in Home Health? I would expect a PRN home health PTA to get paid more to compensate for not getting paid for travel time.

28 months ago

Around here the PRN rate is @ $50/visit + mileage. So you get paid for the visit + miles, but not the drive time.

David in Dallas, Texas

28 months ago

I'm making $60/visit doing home health on a PRN basis. I do about 10 visits a week, to supplement my full-time job at a local SNF.

PTA Student in FL in Panama City, Florida

28 months ago

I am a PTA student and should graduate in May 2012. I am in Fl, but hope to move to TN upon graduating. Anyone have any suggestions on companies. I would like to do travel, but if the right job comes along, I just might stay.

28 months ago

David in Dallas, Texas said: I'm making $60/visit doing home health on a PRN basis. I do about 10 visits a week, to supplement my full-time job at a local SNF.

You mind me asking what home health company?

PTA in Weston, Florida

28 months ago

bluelineman in McKinney, and David in Dallas,

How much PTA experience did you guys have before you started doing Home Care PTA work? Also, how much experience do you recommend a new PTA have before doing home care PTA work? Thanks!

28 months ago

PTA in Weston, Florida said: bluelineman in McKinney, and David in Dallas,

How much PTA experience did you guys have before you started doing Home Care PTA work? Also, how much experience do you recommend a new PTA have before doing home care PTA work? Thanks!

I went into home health late. I had about 16 years experience in various settings. Basically you need enough experience to be confident in your abilities, work alone, make decisions in the field, etc. I would say at least a few years experience would be a minimum. Outpatient experience is valuable as well as general hospital experience. A good place to start would be taking some PRN visits to see if you like it. You'll get experience & some extra money too. When I started home health I was working at a hospital based outpatient clinic. A PT I worked with was doing home health for the hosp home health unit on the side. I went with him for a visit & instantly liked it.

bing in Kissimmee, Florida

28 months ago

Ron Engler in Princeton, Texas said: We use a computer system that makes progress notes a 5 min. affair, it's nice. Scheduling, writing comm. notes, missed visit reports, and miscellaneous communications take additional time. Like I said, I make 10,000 a month, but I am working 50-60 hours a week.

Hi Ron .Is it ok to ask what company you work for ? I am going to attend school next year as a Pta student and also plan to move to Texas area.

PTA Hopeful in Natick, Massachusetts

28 months ago

PTA Student in FL in Panama City, Florida said: I am a PTA student and should graduate in May 2012. I am in Fl, but hope to move to TN upon graduating. Anyone have any suggestions on companies. I would like to do travel, but if the right job comes along, I just might stay.

I am also trying to find out about the employment outlook and earnings for PTAs in TN. I am planning to move back to TN (my home state) and get my AAS there, and I'd like to raise my family there. Any PTAs in TN out there? (I'm planning to live in middle TN, hopefully in or close to Nashville.)

santinbabi@yahoo.com in Katy, Texas

28 months ago

Ron Engler said: I work home health as a pta in south Texas. I have 14 years experience in the health field. I am working my butt off, 50-60 hours a week, but I am making 10,000 a month. I enjoy meeting pt's in their home, it's nice to see the pt. as a person. I think old people are cute in their own way. I have a PT who is great! Our company is hiring and I'm looking forward to a bonus for bringing on a new PTA.

Pls could you give me your agency name, i am intrested in home health i am currently a PTA and the company i was working for before move out of houston.

santinbabi@yahoo.com in Katy, Texas

28 months ago

Pls could you give me your agency name, i am intrested in home health i am currently a PTA and the company i was working for before move out of houston.
pls i am really intrested

AB in Baltimore, Maryland

26 months ago

We are a home health agency in Maryland looking for PT's, PTA's, OT's and SLP's. We offer a competitive compensation package. Feel free to email me if you are interested:

info@mdhha.com

PTA in Hollywood, Florida

26 months ago

Are you 100% sure that info@mdhha.com is the correct spelling. I tried going to mdhha.com and it could not find the website. Thanks!

Paul PTA in Austin, Texas

26 months ago

I run one of the largest therapy home health staffing companies in Texas. If you are looking for work in Austin, Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio, please let me know. We would love to talk to you!

PTA in Weston, Florida

26 months ago

Paul PTA in Austin, Texas said: I run one of the largest therapy home health staffing companies in Texas. If you are looking for work in Austin, Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio, please let me know. We would love to talk to you!

Paul,

Please send me your contact info and company info/website to ptaweston@gmail.com

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.