Salary for full time home health PTA (TX)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 168)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Steve Wallace, Direct Rehab in San Antonio, Texas

32 months ago

cont'd.- PTA's also cannot be Independent Contractors, they must be W2 employees (taxes withheld). A PTA making $75k or more is working long hours and driving a lot of miles. There are opportunities for geriatric, ortho, and pediatrics in home health, we do all three. When it comes to choosing a company, there are several factors to consider. You can work directly for a home health agency(HHA), but they typically don't have a lot of "in-house" therapist support - although you will have a PT supervisor for clinical, you may be reporting to a nurse or non-clinician for everything else. Some HHA staff do not understand the unique issues or needs when treating a patient, or they might be making decisions based solely on financial motive, not patient care. The home health industry is rampant with fraud - and some therapists are pressured to go along, treat patients who do not meet the Medicare or Medicaid guidelines, or treat more patients in a day than would allow for quality treatment. There are some HHA's who have very stable, quality in-house staff who deliver excellent care and have a good work environment. There are contract therapy companies like ours that contracts with multiple HHA's. We provide benefits and compensation equal to or better than most hospitals or other settings. When working for a contract company a therapist does not have the risk of non-payment by an HHA and does not have undue pressure from HHA staff to compromise quality or ethics. The HHA industry is the most volatile industry in terms of reimbursement, stability of companies, and fraud - so beware. Do your homework and ask other therapists their experience with a potential employer. It's predicted 1200 agencies will close in 2012. Ask the employer what the average tenure is of therapists - we have many who have been with us 10-15 years and plan to retire with us! Questions? email me at directpt1@aol.com or steve@nationalnursingrehab.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas

32 months ago

Steve Wallace - Very well said sir!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PAULINA SNEGIREV in Erskine, Minnesota

32 months ago

Kelly N., PTA in Dover, Delaware said: I have been in Home Health for 2 years and make 23.10 an hour. Our quota is 30 visits a week on a full time basis. Take it!! That's awesome either way. My yearly income is gross at $48,000

that sounds ok. I am debating if I want to be an Registered nurse or a physical therapist assistant. I have been a massage therapist for 4 years part time. I am not sure what would make more money. A regisistered nurse or a physical therapist assistant. Do u have any suggestions. email address is paulina@gvtel.com thanks so much and good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

PAULINA SNEGIREV in Erskine, Minnesota

32 months ago

AB in Baltimore, Maryland said: We are a home health agency in Maryland looking for PT's, PTA's, OT's and SLP's. We offer a competitive compensation package. Feel free to email me if you are interested:

info@mdhha.com

I was hoping if some one could help me out. I was wondering who would make more money. A registered nurse or a physical therapist assistant.? thanks so much have great day. How much credits is it for physical therapist assistant. How many credits for physical therapist. thanks so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

grenae in Lacey, Washington

32 months ago

PAULINA SNEGIREV in Erskine, Minnesota said: that sounds ok. I am debating if I want to be an Registered nurse or a physical therapist assistant. I have been a massage therapist for 4 years part time. I am not sure what would make more money. A regisistered nurse or a physical therapist assistant. Do u have any suggestions. email address is paulina@gvtel.com thanks so much and good luck to you.

I am making over 63,000 a year as a PTA in home health and also have been doing this for a little over 2 years. My productivity requirement is 32 visits per week.

grenae in Lacey, Washington

32 months ago

PAULINA SNEGIREV in Erskine, Minnesota said: that sounds ok. I am debating if I want to be an Registered nurse or a physical therapist assistant. I have been a massage therapist for 4 years part time. I am not sure what would make more money. A regisistered nurse or a physical therapist assistant. Do u have any suggestions. email address is paulina@gvtel.com thanks so much and good luck to you.

My advice to you, is if you are looking to make alot of money this is really not the profession for that. You can make a good living but it is really about patient care!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mary in Portland, Oregon

32 months ago

bluelineman in Aubrey, Texas said: Hello. I am a PTA with 18 yrs experience currently working in hospital outpatient clinic. I am looking at a local private home health company to go with full time. They offered me $53K full time, 25-30 visits a week, anything over 60 visits a pay period (2 weeks) gets PRN rate, use their car (not take home) & gas, no 401K, owner will pay part of my portion of the medical & all dental, 8 paid holidays, paid time off.

I got offered 60K last year from a company that never panned out. I wish I could find the paperwork to show him. I'm thinking of telling the owner of the concerns I have (no 401K, will pay more for medical ins) to see if he's willing to bump up the salary.

What would be a reasonable salary? I'm thinking of asking for $57K. The location is about 50 miles north of Dallas. Thanks!

I'm working as a part time PTA in home health-Oregon. Supposed to be a 32-hour work week, with 4 patients a day but the census varies and I rarely meet that. I was making just under $30 an hour but am now being forced into pay per visit at $42 per patient. Going to be a big financial hit for me. Probably made mid-$40s last year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

At the home health company where I work a PTA typically makes more than an RN. RN is much more versatile of a career field. They also have more opportunities for extra work, can work any shift, setting, etc. They also have a better career ladder, RN > nurse practitioner, RN > CRNA, etc. The APTA has made it very clear that in their opinion PT & PTA are two different careers, they are (in my opinion) not pro-PTA & do not go to bat for us. Don't get me wrong, I like being a PTA but these are some big issue things to consider that some people might not know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

mary in Portland, Oregon said: I'm working as a part time PTA in home health-Oregon. Supposed to be a 32-hour work week, with 4 patients a day but the census varies and I rarely meet that. I was making just under $30 an hour but am now being forced into pay per visit at $42 per patient. Going to be a big financial hit for me. Probably made mid-$40s last year.

Wow! When I was doing PRN work a few years ago it paid on average $50/visit. Can you also work somewhere else to make up the difference in lost income?

StudyingHard in Hollywood, Florida

32 months ago

bluelineman,

I believe Texas still pays about $50/visit from people I've talked to. Here in South Florida, I've seen $35 to $40 per visit PRN. It really depends on location, i.e. demand/supply. As the PTA field gets more saturated, it will probably pay less and less. In some states, it pays even less, like $25/visit, cause there's no demand.

Katie Johns in Midlothian, Virginia

32 months ago

I have been a pay per visit Home Health PTA for 20 years in a rural Virginia area and Iove what I do. I am currently seeing pts for 4 different agencies and weekly visit numbers have ranged anywhere from 15 to 40. My best income was around 75,000 2 yrs ago and I have been getting 50.00 a visit for about 5 yrs now. I am considering going full time (average of 30 visits a wk) with the agency I have been with the longest ( about 12 to 13 years). This includes usual full time benefits which is something I do not have being PRN. Any ideas on what to ask for based on yearly salary?
Thanks for your help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Of course make sure & get your territory, mileage & productivity nailed down first. As far as salary, around here I'd expect anywhere between $35-37/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CP

32 months ago

Well, it depends on who you are working with (PT). I'm a 24 y/o PTA in NE Texas. You make the most by contracting with different agencies, if you want to make really good money. I make $60 per visit and do about 40-50 visits per week. Doesn't include insurance and all that, but if you're single, it's pretty good :)

Adobe in Fort Worth, Texas

32 months ago

april in Little Elm, Texas said: Anyone interested in home health PT/PT/OT/COTA Per visit pay in the dallas/fort worth area?

I am looking for therapists that like autonomy, flexibility and decreased documentation time in the home health setting.

What is your email?

Shaeleigh in Texas

32 months ago

Paul PTA in Austin, Texas said: I run one of the largest therapy home health staffing companies in Texas. If you are looking for work in Austin, Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio, please let me know. We would love to talk to you!

Please send info to shaeleighgentry@gmail.com. Thank you.

Shaeleigh in Texas

32 months ago

grenae in Lacey, Washington said: Where in south Texas are you working and for what company? I would be interested in working in that area. I am a PTA working in home health.

What is your email and we'll send info for the agency with which we solely contract in the Rio Grande Valley (Brownsville to Harlingen to McAllen).

Shaeleigh in Texas

32 months ago

santinbabi@yahoo.com in Katy, Texas said: Pls could you give me your agency name, i am intrested in home health i am currently a PTA and the company i was working for before move out of houston.

Will send you info for the agency with which we solely contract here in south TX. Look for email from shaeleighgentry@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SYED in Farmington, Michigan

32 months ago

pam in Lufkin, Texas said: If you are interested in home health and relocating consider a larger company If you want more information you can email me at pdcasper@txhha.com

HI
I AM WORKING AS PT IN HOME HEALTH FROM PAST 2YR IN MI WOULD LIKE MAKE GOOD MONEY.BUT DUE TO PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES PLANING TO MOVE TO CHICAGO, IL COULD YOU PLZ TELL ME HOW MUCH A PT MAKE IN HOME HEALTH IN CHICAGO & SURROUNDING SUBURBS.
THANKS
SIA

elena in Dallas, Texas

30 months ago

Kelly N., PTA in Dover, Delaware said: I have been in Home Health for 2 years and make 23.10 an hour. Our quota is 30 visits a week on a full time basis. Take it!! That's awesome either way. My yearly income is gross at $48,000

Thank you for the information and congratulations.
I would like to know if you get an extra as bonus or per client you may found? Thank you again.
Elena

elena in Dallas, Texas

30 months ago

Paul PTA in Austin, Texas said: I run one of the largest therapy home health staffing companies in Texas. If you are looking for work in Austin, Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio, please let me know. We would love to talk to you!

Hello I would like to have more information about your company.
Regards

Paul in Austin, Texas

30 months ago

You may visit our website at www.guardianhealthcare.com. You can call either our Austin or Houston offices and we would be glad to help you.

A.F. in Boynton Beach, Florida

29 months ago

Home Health PTA for 13 years in South Florida. I contract with several HHA's and make betwwen $47-$55 per visit.

Paul Bynum in Schertz, Texas

29 months ago

This is a consistent rate for most parts of Texas for a PTA.

Future PTA in Seattle, Washington

29 months ago

Does anyone know roughly how much people make in SNF's as a PTA in Texas?

Also, how is the job market for PTA's in Texas? Thinking about making a move there....

Lainey in Rowlett, Texas

29 months ago

I'm a PTA with 15+ years of experience in acute, rehab, and OP settings. I am considering a part time job with a company, but they do not take taxes out. I'm a bit nervous because I have never done contract work before. Any PTA's doing contract work now that could give me some advice?

29 months ago

Lainey in Rowlett, Texas said: I'm a PTA with 15+ years of experience in acute, rehab, and OP settings. I am considering a part time job with a company, but they do not take taxes out. I'm a bit nervous because I have never done contract work before. Any PTA's doing contract work now that could give me some advice?

Set aside 1/4-1/3 of the money in a savings account for tax time. If you have money left over after paying taxes consider it a bonus.

El PTA in El Paso, Texas

28 months ago

Hello Im a PTA in El Paso Texas have been doing Home health for 5 years.. I have noticed a decreased in job home health opportunities ever since a technical school opened its doors. They are graduating over 30 students every two year plus we have the El Paso Community College who graduates about 10 to 16 students. Has any declined in opportunity been noticed in the rest of the Texas State.. this has made me think about moving to the Galveston Texas area. does any one know how much a PTA is making in a Home Health Setting Thank You

Paul Bynum in Schertz, Texas

28 months ago

Let me know if you move to the Galveston area. We could use more PTA help in our Houston office.

El PTA in El Paso, Texas

28 months ago

Paul Bynum in Schertz, Texas said: Let me know if you move to the Galveston area. We could use more PTA help in our Houston office.

As soon as Im getting to make the move I will let you know Paul Thank you very much

Future PTA in Olathe, Kansas

23 months ago

Jon in Ocala, Florida said: My agency uses a tablet for documentation and it takes me 5 mins to finish notes for 1 patient which I am able to complete while in the patient's house. Dogs? I always refuse patients with dogs in the house, and I always refuse patients who live in unsafe neighborhood. My agency does not have a problem with therapists refusing certain patients.
Maybe because they are having a hard time hiring good therapists these days, or just therapists in general .

Hey Jon I'm gong into PTA school and when I finish I want to move to Florida to possibly a home health care company. Souls I start in a clinic first the go to home health care? Is it worth it? Any advice would help thanks!

lisapta in Delray Beach, Florida

23 months ago

Happy Thanksgiving to all !
As many of you know already, I have started online tutoring for those who need assistance in tackling the tricks of this monster test! I have been out of PTA school since 2001 and was grandfathered in. I had to take the test in fla.It was like going back to school , mainly bc my background is in orthopedics.
I will resume session on Monday following the holiday, its been great so far as i am working with others within a different forum as well.
Be well and good luck!!!

23 months ago

grenae in Lacey, Washington said: My advice to you, is if you are looking to make alot of money this is really not the profession for that. You can make a good living but it is really about patient care!!

well said!!!!

23 months ago

A.F. in Boynton Beach, Florida said: Home Health PTA for 13 years in South Florida. I contract with several HHA's and make betwwen $47-$55 per visit.

Can u share the company you work for? I am in Delray Beach, thx

23 months ago

Future PTA in Olathe, Kansas said: Hey Jon I'm gong into PTA school and when I finish I want to move to Florida to possibly a home health care company. Souls I start in a clinic first the go to home health care? Is it worth it? Any advice would help thanks!

Wow I completely messed that up..lol Hey John I'm going into PTA school and when I finish I want to move to Florida. Them go to a home health care company. Should I go to clinic first to get my feet wet or just go right into home healthcare? Thanks!

grenae in Salem, Oregon

23 months ago

Future PTA in Olathe, Kansas said: Wow I completely messed that up..lol Hey John I'm going into PTA school and when I finish I want to move to Florida. Them go to a home health care company. Should I go to clinic first to get my feet wet or just go right into home healthcare? Thanks!

I am not John but I am going to tell you YES, you need to have experience before going into home health. I would suggest acute care in a hospital or skilled nursing due to the fact that the population you will be dealing with are medically fragile. I had 2 years of OP and acute care before I even considered jumping into HH.

zcg3zcg3@gmail.com in Belleview, Florida

23 months ago

NOT SURE WHERE TO GO!
Hello everyone. I've been a PTA for eighteen years with a 6 year ownership in a couple of clinics in south Florida. I had two partners which was absolute hell. I sold my shares to them. I own a home in Pompano Beach, FL, rented it out and moved to Ocala, FL for other reasons and there are NO jobs to be found! No outpatient, SNF's or HH jobs around. I certainly do not want to move back to south Florida. I'm currently licensed in FL, NC, TN and recently TX. I need to make as much money as humanly possible and live cheap at the same time. In Florida, a PTA can make $35/hr in a SNF and about $35/visit in Home Health. I've been told by various recruiters that I can make as much as $45/hr working in a desert town in Texas. I don't know if they're telling the truth or not. I welcome working in a SNF or doing Home Health. From what I'm seeing, Florida is getting pretty much dried up with PTA jobs. I'd go back to NC, which is where I'm from, but there is a state income tax. Texas, FL and TN do not have state income taxes. So...I'm not sure where to go or do HH/SNF. I have great skill, I'm VERY productive and people love me because of my personality. I kinda depressed right now, so I'm gonna go eat some chocolate!

23 months ago

zcg3zcg3@gmail.com in Belleview, Florida said: NOT SURE WHERE TO GO!
Hello everyone. I've been a PTA for eighteen years with a 6 year ownership in a couple of clinics in south Florida. I had two partners which was absolute hell. I sold my shares to them. I own a home in Pompano Beach, FL, rented it out and moved to Ocala, FL for other reasons and there are NO jobs to be found! No outpatient, SNF's or HH jobs around. I certainly do not want to move back to south Florida. I'm currently licensed in FL, NC, TN and recently TX. I need to make as much money as humanly possible and live cheap at the same time. In Florida, a PTA can make $35/hr in a SNF and about $35/visit in Home Health. I've been told by various recruiters that I can make as much as $45/hr working in a desert town in Texas. I don't know if they're telling the truth or not. I welcome working in a SNF or doing Home Health. From what I'm seeing, Florida is getting pretty much dried up with PTA jobs. I'd go back to NC, which is where I'm from, but there is a state income tax. Texas, FL and TN do not have state income taxes. So...I'm not sure where to go or do HH/SNF. I have great skill, I'm VERY productive and people love me because of my personality. I kinda depressed right now, so I'm gonna go eat some chocolate!

Texas has lots of jobs. I am near Dallas & constantly get calls, stuff in the mail etc for jobs. I have 22 years experience & make $37.13/hr in home health. I am full time & get full benefits, mileage, etc.. I am up for a raise this month. For PRN home health visits you can get @ $50/visit easily. The cost of living is low & like you said there's no state income tax. I think SNF pays about the same.

23 months ago

Lainey in Rowlett, Texas said: I'm a PTA with 15+ years of experience in acute, rehab, and OP settings. I am considering a part time job with a company, but they do not take taxes out. I'm a bit nervous because I have never done contract work before. Any PTA's doing contract work now that could give me some advice?

Being an independent contractor allows you to have the freedom of using Schedule C when doing your taxes. More room for write-offs including mileage. Even better...incorporate yourself, i.e., starting your own company. I'd advise you to do a "LLC". Have the Home Health agency pay your company and then your company pays you. You can set your own salary and then take the remaining monies as a K-1 distribution. You pay no self employment taxes on your distributions. Cool, huh?

23 months ago

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas said: Texas has lots of jobs. I am near Dallas & constantly get calls, stuff in the mail etc for jobs. I have 22 years experience & make $37.13/hr in home health. I am full time & get full benefits, mileage, etc.. I am up for a raise this month. For PRN home health visits you can get @ $50/visit easily. The cost of living is low & like you said there's no state income tax. I think SNF pays about the same.

Thanks for the information. Where do you work? Does your company guarantee full-time? I read somewhere in this forum that a PTA was making $60 per visit in HH. I wonder where he/she works...

23 months ago

bluelineman in McKinney, Texas said: Texas has lots of jobs. I am near Dallas & constantly get calls, stuff in the mail etc for jobs. I have 22 years experience & make $37.13/hr in home health. I am full time & get full benefits, mileage, etc.. I am up for a raise this month. For PRN home health visits you can get @ $50/visit easily. The cost of living is low & like you said there's no state income tax. I think SNF pays about the same.

What do you think about the Houston area?

23 months ago

I don't know a thing about Houston. I'll send you an email about the other stuff. They did guarantee my hours when I was establishing a new territory. My hours are not guaranteed right now though.

23 months ago

zcg3zcg3@gmail.com in Belleview, Florida said: What do you think about the Houston area?

Check your email.

23 months ago

Turn Key Therapy in Austin, Texas said: I can help you find a job in Houston if you need one. I use to run a staffing company in Houston and I know a lot of people who would be interested in speaking with you. Let me know if you need any help, pbynum@turnkeytherapy.com

Thank you so much. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Any good & cheap places to live around Houston? My goal is to make as much money as possible and live cheap at the same time. Thank you for your input.

23 months ago

grenae in Salem, Oregon said: I am not John but I am going to tell you YES, you need to have experience before going into home health . I would suggest acute care in a hospital or skilled nursing due to the fact that the population you will be dealing with are medically fragile. I had 2 years of OP and acute care before I even considered jumping into HH.

Thank you!

LindsayPTA in Montague, Michigan

22 months ago

Paul Bynum in Schertz, Texas said: Let me know if you move to the Galveston area. We could use more PTA help in our Houston office.

Considering relocating to Galveston by the first of the year.

Turn Key Therapy in Austin, Texas

22 months ago

Lindsay,
You will find a lot of great opportunities in Texas. You can create a free therapist profile on TheraFinder.com to help you find any home health work. TheraFinder is a free service for therapist wanting home health work. You can create an anonymous profile and get requests from home health agencies and therapy staffing companies in the area you want to see patients in. It's a great way to see what the home health therapy need is in your area. Email me if you want to learn more or go the TheraFinder.com and create your profile.

22 months ago

Thank you. I received my Texas license in the mail yesterday. Now...it's time to convince "the" wife...I'll keep you posted.

Davis in Winter Garden, Florida

22 months ago

Darrin Taylor in Houston, Texas said: In the Houston Area most of the solicitations I get are ranging from $45-$50 a visit. I have, so far, not taken anyone up on these offers due to the reports from other therapists I know who are putting alot of time in on paperwork which is not compesatated time. I also have some concerns about what the agency will be responsible for in the event of an incident in the home such as a dog bite. One company I talked to, Encompass said they rely on the owner to tell them if their dog is up to date on shots. They could not satisfy me if I got bitten would I be taken care of as far as rabies treatment. Here in Houston I know an OT who works in neighborhoods where she will place a call to a friend or agency or police dept before she enters the home and says if I don't call be in X amount of time please assume something has happened to me and send help to this address.
Hope this helps

45-50 per visit? is this 1099, or do they take out taxes? any mileage reimbursement?
or 45-50 per visit as an independent contractor?

MarciaMSPT in Poland, Indiana

22 months ago

PAULINA SNEGIREV in Erskine, Minnesota said: I was hoping if some one could help me out. I was wondering who would make more money. A registered nurse or a physical therapist assistant .? thanks so much have great day. How much credits is it for physical therapist assistant. How many credits for physical therapist. thanks so much

Maybe you got your answer... if it were me and I was LMT, I would take all of John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Classes and go that route... you'll have people breaking your door down! I'm a PT for 20 years now and recently left corporate America to do JFB MFR (above) and love it! I'm finally helping people! You've already got the license to touch, now, just get the training that works! Good luck!

nuk in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

21 months ago

This thread has been very helpful to me as I plan to go into PTA. This may not be the right place to ask, but does California have the same opportunities as Texas?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.