Salary for full time home health PTA (TX)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 168 of 168)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

Hex

16 months ago

El Pta im looking to make a career change here in el paso to pta and just wanted to see what pay and benefits were like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

AG 2803 in tarpon springs++, Florida

7 months ago

Hi everyone,I started home health 5 mths. ago after 18 yrs. of acute care.I am working directly for a P.T.who works for the homecare co.I am wondering what a fair salary would be? I see about 20 pts./wk.All fairly local.Thanks,looking forward to getting feed back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeremiah Fredrick in Florida

7 months ago

AG 2803,

I have only heard of a few salary positions for PTA's in home health so I can't give feedback with any certainty. I can say through experience that per visit rates can range from as low as $28 to upwards of $55. I've seen an average per visit rate of $45 lately so taking that annually would get you around 43k. Salary will be a bit different though because it is guaranteed, while the patient load will likely change regularly. Often PT's are paid salary with a "minimum" visit quota per week. The primary advantage for salary would be consistent pay. The greatest disadvantage can also be the same if that makes sense (you get $1,600 bi-weekly if you see 20 or 26 patients). You get paid the same whether you go over or under the agreed weekly visit rate. I would imagine that most companies would have a bonus/surplus pay if you exceed a certain number of visits though. Wish I could provide more input…
na_ultras_78@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

dspta in Dallas, Texas

7 months ago

I work in Dallas, and I do home health full-time. I contract out with multiple companies, and I do anywhere from 35-50 visits per week, depending on the week. The per visit range in the DFW area is $55-60 per visit for contract, and $50 per visit for w-2 wage employers. Full-time employers ae paying close to $45 per hr up to 60 visits per pay period, then they pay the PRN rate after that.

I've learned that if you set up your LLC and go the way of the contractor, you will make a whole lot more money and not have to work as many hours. You can contract with multiple companies, which will keep your coverage area tighter and you spend less time on the road and more time making money. The tax benefits are worth it as well, but I would advise consulting an accountant your first year.

If someone is doing HH for $28 per visit then they are severely underpaid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

dspta in Dallas, Texas said: I work in Dallas, and I do home health full-time. I contract out with multiple companies, and I do anywhere from 35-50 visits per week, depending on the week. The per visit range in the DFW area is $55-60 per visit for contract, and $50 per visit for w-2 wage employers. Full-time employers ae paying close to $45 per hr up to 60 visits per pay period, then they pay the PRN rate after that.

I've learned that if you set up your LLC and go the way of the contractor, you will make a whole lot more money and not have to work as many hours. You can contract with multiple companies, which will keep your coverage area tighter and you spend less time on the road and more time making money. The tax benefits are worth it as well, but I would advise consulting an accountant your first year.

Good to hear,thanks for the responces.Im getting $38/visit and with the price of gas,I am glad my furthest pt. is 20 min away.

Jose in Winter Garden, Florida

7 months ago

dspta in Dallas, Texas said: I work in Dallas, and I do home health full-time. I contract out with multiple companies, and I do anywhere from 35-50 visits per week, depending on the week. The per visit range in the DFW area is $55-60 per visit for contract, and $50 per visit for w-2 wage employers. Full-time employers ae paying close to $45 per hr up to 60 visits per pay period, then they pay the PRN rate after that.

Florida is saturated with PTA's nowadays. What is the demand like for PTA's Home Care in Dallas/Fort Worth?

7 months ago

As one of the others mentioned, time is the most crucial aspect of home health. When visits are spread far apart then over the course of the day you might be losing upwards of 2-3 visits daily. $38 per visit in Florida might be on the low side unless they are private pays or smaller private insurers. I contracted for several years and was given offers of private pays on occasion at $28-35. I would usually take them because the patients were in my rural hometown. Medicare visits are $45-$55 per visit in Northeast Florida. If you are captive/salaried you should be getting the same rate per visit regardless of the payor. AG are you getting mileage too?

7 months ago

Jeremiah Fredrick in Florida said: As one of the others mentioned, time is the most crucial aspect of home health. When visits are spread far apart then over the course of the day you might be losing upwards of 2-3 visits daily. $38 per visit in Florida might be on the low side unless they are private pays or smaller private insurers. I contracted for several years and was given offers of private pays on occasion at $28-35. I would usually take them because the patients were in my rural hometown. Medicare visits are $45-$55 per visit in Northeast Florida. If you are captive/salaried you should be getting the same rate per visit regardless of the payor. AG are you getting mileage too?

I don't get mileage,just $38/visit,but I thought that because my pts. are 20 - 25 min. from home and eachother it is OK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

AG how spread out are your patients? Have you clocked you mileage per day/per week? You might be surprised to find you are driving more than you think. I'm guessing 20-25 minutes is 30 miles away? If it's city 20-25 minutes then perhaps 15-20? Either way you are looking at somewhere between 100 and 130 miles weekly. Say 100 x typical mileage rate of $.44 = $176 dollars a month. Every minute you are driving you are not treating or documenting so it's kind of a loss of productivity from my perspective. Asking for mileage from my calculation brought you up to $40 per visit. I don't mean to pry or convince you to change what works for you but if it was me I would ask for more per visit.

7 months ago

Jeremiah Fredrick in Florida said: AG how spread out are your patients? Have you clocked you mileage per day/per week? You might be surprised to find you are driving more than you think. I'm guessing 20-25 minutes is 30 miles away? If it's city 20-25 minutes then perhaps 15-20? Either way you are looking at somewhere between 100 and 130 miles weekly. Say 100 x typical mileage rate of $.44 = $176 dollars a month. Every minute you are driving you are not treating or documenting so it's kind of a loss of productivity from my perspective. Asking for mileage from my calculation brought you up to $40 per visit. I don't mean to pry or convince you to change what works for you but if it was me I would ask for more per visit.

I work in my town and a town over and put $35/wk.of gas in car,not bad.I figure 1 tx. a wk.fills tank for Mon.- Fri.I rarely use my car on weekends.I keep track of mileage for when I do taxes.

7 months ago

lisapta in Delray Beach, Florida said: Happy Thanksgiving to all !
As many of you know already, I have started online tutoring for those who need assistance in tackling the tricks of this monster test! I have been out of PTA school since 2001 and was grandfathered in. I had to take the test in fla.It was like going back to school , mainly bc my background is in orthopedics.
I will resume session on Monday following the holiday, its been great so far as i am working with others within a different forum as well.
Be well and good luck!!!
Grandfathered in to what??

lisapta in Boynton Beach, Florida

7 months ago

AG 2803 in tarpon springs++, Florida said: Grandfathered in to what??

It is a term used when the state board for the state in which you resided did not require one to take the state boards. I moved to fla and had to take the boards after being out since 01.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

lisapta in Boynton Beach, Florida said: It is a term used when the state board for the state in which you resided did not require one to take the state boards. I moved to fla and had to take the boards after being out since 01.

If you had to take the Fl. boards why do you say you were grandfathered in? I don't mean to sound rude.I was licensed in NY for 16 yrs. and had to take a few tests not the state boards to get my Fl. license.I took the NY state boards right after graduation so I would not have to take them again if I ever moved,which I did.

7 months ago

AG 2803 in tarpon springs++, Florida said: If you had to take the Fl. boards why do you say you were grandfathered in? I don't mean to sound rude.I was licensed in NY for 16 yrs. and had to take a few tests not the state boards to get my Fl. license.I took the NY state boards right after graduation so I would not have to take them again if I ever moved,which I did.

I didn't mean to be offensive,just want to understand.If one had to take the boards to work in a different state that one graduated from,then one was not grandfathered in.

maysmythe@gmail.com in Vallejo, California

6 months ago

Paul PTA in Austin, Texas said: I run one of the largest therapy home health staffing companies in Texas. If you are looking for work in Austin, Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio, please let me know. We would love to talk to you!

Do you still have home health opportunities in Austin, TX for PTA's

PTA in Sanford, Florida

5 months ago

SOS
I am about to sign with Pediatric HOme health, what is the rate per visit when is Pediatric....
Thanks

R. Haynes in Fort Myers, Florida

17 days ago

Does anyone know what the going rate right now is For PTAs working as independent contractors in Florida? I realize there may be some differences in locations but just looking for general price range.

9 days ago

R. Haynes in Fort Myers, Florida said: Does anyone know what the going rate right now is For PTAs working as independent contractors in Florida? I realize there may be some differences in locations but just looking for general price range.

R. Haynes,

By independent contractor do you mean a 1099 employee? I seldom hear of 1099 PTA's but commonly here of PTA (myself included at times) working PRN for multiple agencies. If your situation is the latter of the two then I would generally say between $40-50 per visit plus mileage (Northeast Florida). If you are 1099 then that is another can of worms. The change in contributions to FICA would increase at least 7.5% and that would have to be figured into your rate.

Hope this helps!
Jeremiah

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.