physical therapy aide

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 154)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

PTA in Delta, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

An aide only tells people what exercises to do they do not do any lifting or hands on work. That is what Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapists do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deb

84 months ago

That is true in some places, but I've seen them doing exercises with patients, doing ultrasounds, heat/cold packs and helping them on and off machines.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Thompson in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

Hello, My name is Jennifer,and I am interested in an physical therapy aide postion. If you know any company that is hiring feel free emailing me thompson2364@sbcglobal.net Thank you, Jennifer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nellz in Kissimmee, Florida

75 months ago

I'm looking for a PT aide position in Orlando FL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vita Palminteri-Rizzo in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

Hi my Name is Vita, and I am currently working as a PT aide for two days a week,I would like to work more hour.
I've worked in this field for about 4 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua Sanchez in Harlingen, Texas

75 months ago

Vita Palminteri-Rizzo in Brooklyn, New York said: Hi my Name is Vita, and I am currently working as a PT aide for two days a week,I would like to work more hour.
I've worked in this field for about 4 years.

Hello Vita,

When you say aide, are you talking about a physical therapist assistant?

thanks

Josh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vita Palminteri-Rizzo in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

Joshua Sanchez in Harlingen, Texas said: Hello Vita,

When you say aide, are you talking about a physical therapist assistant?

thanks

Josh

PT assistant is not a therapy aide.

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sherry in Duluth, Georgia

73 months ago

I am looking for a study buddy to retake the PTA exam. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nellz in Windermere, Florida

73 months ago

Hi Sherry,
You can email me at nellz_place@yahoo.com, we can arrange for us to start a study group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Megan in Mulliken, Michigan

73 months ago

Hi I am starting a Physical Therapy Assistant program in fall '09. I am currently looking for a Physical therapy aide/tech job to gain more experience in the therapy field. If anyone knows of some job openings for a therapy aide/tech in Northern Michigan, please let me know. My e-mail is meg_m_07@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
Megan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

admiralbenz in Canyon Country, California

71 months ago

I am looking for a Physical Therapy Aide job in Santa Clarita or Los Angeles county. If anyone has info please email me at krenella@hotmail.com. Thanks!

ANGELICA in Tallahassee, Florida

70 months ago

Nellz in Kissimmee, Florida said: I'm looking for a PT aide position in Orlando FL

Hi my name is Angelica. I am a pre-physical therapy student and I'm looking for a position as a physical therapy technical aide. Are you still looking for someone to fulfill this position. If so what is your speciality and how soon do you need a pt aide?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

maya Noel in Bronx, New York

69 months ago

Im a Personal Trainer In Manhattan. This year I'm planning on starting college in the PT field. also im planning on working as an aid to get a feel for the profession. so my question is... if I were to go for an associeats as a PTA would 4 years still be required to get a DPT?

-Maya aka no more sales jobs

DonnaNH in Manchester, New Hampshire

69 months ago

Maya,
If you get your Associates & become a PTA, that's all you can ever really be, unless you basically start at the beginning with the DPT. There's only 2 bridge (PTA to PT) programs in the whole country & I'm not sure if they'll be doing the bridge to DPT, since it's new. Also, it would be more than 4 years to get the DPT, since you probably can't transfer very many credits.

Vega in Dallas, Texas

69 months ago

Hello,

I would like to know if you cant take the PTA boards without schooling.-(Otherwise known as "challenging".) I know you can challenge the Nursing licensure in the state of NJ. Please send all responses to vegasfinancial@gmail.com

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

laura ferrara in California

68 months ago

Hi

I'm currently enrolled in a Physical Therapy Aide program through ROP. Looking for a Physical Therapy Aide/Tech in the San Bernardino County Area or Orange County Area. If anyone has information I would gladly appreciate it. I can be emailed at lauraf2308@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

denise.arvay@yahoo.com in San Jose, California

67 months ago

mrdoo2373 in Sarasota, Florida said: I am a 36 year old man. If I was to go back to school to become a Pyhsical Therapy Assistant, would I be thought of as a joke to do it at an online University? Does a Physical Therapy Assistant make more than a Aide? Thanks to all who respond.

I've been a PTA for 14 years . I'm also a A.P.T.A clinical instructor. You would only be a joke if you could not perform as an entry level PTA . Formal education is great and so is clinical experience. If you have both you should be good to go. Also many PTs are earning their doctorates on-line; education is education it how you apply yourself that counts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erik S.Beard in Savannah, Georgia

67 months ago

Hello how are you doing? i am a personal trainer that has studying Penn Foster's Physical Therapy Aide course. I would like to know if you think this is a good thing or a waste of time. What are the advantages and disadvantages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Ana in San Angelo, Texas

67 months ago

hi, i am looking for physical therapy aide job in San Angelo, Tx. If anybody knows about an open position i am willing to apply. And you can contact me through my email address. Its APLYNLU24@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Ana in San Angelo, Texas

67 months ago

thank you very much! hoping i could find one around my area.

bama girl in Birmingham, Alabama

67 months ago

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of an accredited online school for Physical Therapy Assistant, or if you can even take an online course for that?

Thanks for any feedback!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

APB in Houston, Texas

66 months ago

I tried to take PTA classes, but with my learning disability it was too hard to keep up. Since no remedial courses are offered in this program, I feel like my dreams of becoming a PTA are over. Do you think I can still have a rewarding career helping people as a PT aide? (I understand pay would be comparable to my current job in retail.) And how easy or difficult is it to find one of these positions? A quick indeed.com and craigslist search in my area (Houston) only showed openings for PTs and PTAs. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Jayla M

66 months ago

Hi My name is Jayla, I am looking for a home health physical therapy aide job in Houston, Tx. If anyone knows of any places that hire aides please contact me @ jsmitchell06@sbcglobal.net.
Thanks

Dominica in San Jose, California

66 months ago

Hello, my name is Dominica McCord and I'm looking for a physical therapy aid position in the San Jose, CA area please contact me at dominica_mccord@yahoo.com.

gina in Providence, Rhode Island

66 months ago

Erik S.Beard in Savannah, Georgia said: Hello how are you doing? i am a personal trainer that has studying Penn Foster's Physical Therapy Aide course. I would like to know if you think this is a good thing or a waste of time. What are the advantages and disadvantages.

If you are paying money on this program your in, it is a total waste of time. I work as an aide and aides do not need any special educational program. It's on the job training. Not to mention if this program is expensive, then when you finally get a job, you will be dissappointed at the amount of money you spent on getting educated for the little bit of money you will be paid.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

HEYEGGY in JERICHO, New York

65 months ago

Chung Lin in Massapequa Park, New York said: Hi, my name is Chung and I am looking for a Physical Therapy Aide position in the Nassau County and Queens area. I have a BS degree in Exercise Science. If interested, please email me at chungclin@gmail.com and I will send you a resume. Thank you.

HI CHUNG LIN- MY NAME IS ALAN AND I LIVE IN JERICHO. I AM CONSIDERING GETTING INTO PTA AS WELL. I AM CURRENTLY ON UNEMPLOYMENT, AND LOOKING TO CHANGE CAREERS. THE PTA PROGRAM AT NASSAU CC IN FULL FOR FALL 09 SO I'M HOPING TO GET IN 2010. THE QUESTION IS- SHOULD I GIVE UP MY UNEMPLOYMENT TO GET AN AIDE JOB?OR VOLUNTEER TO GET EXPERIENCE AND SOMETHING GOOD TO PUT ON MY RESUME? IN THE MEANTIME, I MAY TAKE THE PERSONANAL TRAINING COURSE THRU HOFSTRA CE, AS NYS WORKFORCE WILL PAY FOR MY TRAINING FOR THAT.ANYWAY GOOD LUCK!FELL FREE TO EMAIL ME BACK WITH ANY THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS.

agootnick@gmail.com

ketta

64 months ago

What was the response of doing an online course?

kat tortilla

64 months ago

can you learn PTA on-line and find PTA job after on-line course?

newlife75 in Braselton, Georgia

64 months ago

Erik S.Beard in Savannah, Georgia said: Hello how are you doing? i am a personal trainer that has studying Penn Foster's Physical Therapy Aide course. I would like to know if you think this is a good thing or a waste of time. What are the advantages and disadvantages.

I am interested in doing the same thing. I would love to know your thoughts. Has this helped you?
Thanks
jmsongbird75@yahoo.com

annmarie in Pompton Lakes, New Jersey

63 months ago

Deb said: Hi, I was applying to medical receptionist postions and one called and offered me a physical therapy aide job if I was interested in learning about it. Maybe the CNA work I did 10 years ago and the fact I worked in a doctors office (clerical though) had them ask, but it started me thinking about it. I'm strong, workout my arms and back a lot, so that's not a problem, but is it just the work no one else wants to do? I'm going to shadow in a week, but I wondered if anyone found it fulfilling. The pay would be 13.00 or so to start. Thanks!

I am a physical therapy aide. I am also a certified personal trainer. Physical theraphy aides in NJ do not need to be licensed and training is done on the job. It helped that I had a background in exercise, although the exercises are very different because it's all about rehabilitation. My typical day is non stop. I check patients in, assist them with their exercises, ensure patient tables are clean and linens are washed, prepare heat and ice, set up electrodes, and basicly enusre that the therapits keep on schedule. It is rewarding and very social. I get to know patients and there's a lot of chatting. I'm the coach/ motivator. It is a physically demanding job - lots of stooping, lifting, bending over. I work part time. Personal training is far less demanding but PT is rewarding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CC in Upland, California

63 months ago

im looking for a PT aide class in california... ?

abstractchick40@aol.com in Palm Harbor, Florida

62 months ago

I am a second year PTA student in Sacramento CA and I have also found it very difficult to finish the semester program in 2 years because of the demands. I had to take a semester off because I did poorly my last semester and have to repeat a class and do one more internship. I love PT and I believe that it is a very hard 2 year program and many don't finish in the alloted time. Three of the students had to extend their program another year. Stick with it and it will be worth it. I am also looking for a part time PT aid position in the SF bay area. I am living in the north bay until I go back to school in the Spring of 2010. If anyone knows of any openings, contact me at abstractchick40@aol.com. Thank you for reading this and good luck with your dream. Jennifer from CA

abstractchick40@aol.com in Palm Harbor, Florida

62 months ago

APB in Houston, Texas said: I tried to take PTA classes, but with my learning disability it was too hard to keep up. Since no remedial courses are offered in this program, I feel like my dreams of becoming a PTA are over. Do you think I can still have a rewarding career helping people as a PT aide? (I understand pay would be comparable to my current job in retail.) And how easy or difficult is it to find one of these positions? A quick indeed.com and craigslist search in my area (Houston) only showed openings for PTs and PTAs. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I understand because I have a slight disability and the program was very hard for me to finish in 2 years. I am taking a semester off and am studying for the board exam right now. I want to tell you to not give up on your dream. PT and PTA are excellent jobs and they are going to be in more demand in the future. Blessings and good luck to you.

Kim L in El Dorado Hills, California

62 months ago

abstractchick40@aol.com in Palm Harbor, Florida said: I am a second year PTA student in Sacramento CA and I have also found it very difficult to finish the semester program in 2 years because of the demands. I had to take a semester off because I did poorly my last semester and have to repeat a class and do one more internship. I love PT and I believe that it is a very hard 2 year program and many don't finish in the alloted time. Three of the students had to extend their program another year. Stick with it and it will be worth it. I am also looking for a part time PT aid position in the SF bay area. I am living in the north bay until I go back to school in the Spring of 2010. If anyone knows of any openings, contact me at abstractchick40@aol.com. Thank you for reading this and good luck with your dream. Jennifer from CA

Hi Jennifer,
I am going to apply to the Sac City program in the spring. I was wondering what you found most difficult / challenging about the program, or what other aspects of life made you take a semester off. Also, do you have any tips to get a leg up on the program. I have all the prerequisites done and am currently enrolled in the PT Ethics class this semseter. I'm hoping to find an aide job after the first of the year, if possible.

thanks for any input.

annmarie in Pompton Lakes, New Jersey

62 months ago

PTA in Delta, Pennsylvania said: An aide only tells people what exercises to do they do not do any lifting or hands on work. That is what Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapists do.

That depends on the state and the practice. I am an aide in NJ and I apply heat and ice packs, administer parafin wax, assist patients with exercises, pull home exercise programs, schedule appts. when necessary, etc. I don't apply electrodes but I remove them, and if it's just an ice pack, I wrap up the patient. If the electrodes are too low, too high I can change the level. I am not supposed to be 'hands on' but it really depends on the patient. Some patients can't move withouth assistance or need to be belted and held onto at times, Can't help it.

abstractchick40@aol.com

62 months ago

Kim L in El Dorado Hills, California said: Hi Jennifer,
I am going to apply to the Sac City program in the spring. I was wondering what you found most difficult / challenging about the program, or what other aspects of life made you take a semester off. Also, do you have any tips to get a leg up on the program. I have all the prerequisites done and am currently enrolled in the PT Ethics class this semseter. I'm hoping to find an aide job after the first of the year, if possible.

thanks for any input.

Hello Kim and I thank you for your reply. You will love the PTA program at Sac City. All of the teachers are great. I found that the most challanging part of the PTA program was time management. I also fell behind in my last semester, PTA 150 and I had a very hard time getting the help that I needed. Beth, the directer of the program, tried to get ma a tutor but it was too late. I got a D and going back in the Spring to repeat it. Everyone is different but I think that for me, I was commuting from the bay area and my internship was at Burger in Auburn < a great company by the way > and it was just too much stress for me as an individual. I went it over and over for 4 monthes after I didn't graduate and I think that it was a few things. I just have to say study hard the forth and fifth semester. I believe that those were the hardest. If you can afford to just go to school while you are going to school.. do it! The main factor is determination and even tho I have a ton of determination, I fell short of all the demands. The last two semesters are 10 weeks and they fly by very fast so be prepared to put in many study hours and study study study the practice quizes. Also, get a hold of the Board Bible and start reading it. I found that to be a great sourse of informatin and it is something that will help you in your last semester when you start taking practice board tests, if you do choose to take that weekend course tought by Beth. : )

Silvana in Pensacola, Florida

62 months ago

Looking for a study buddy for the PT Board Exam!!!!!!!!!

62 months ago

abstractchick40@aol.com said: Hello Kim and I thank you for your reply. You will love the PTA program at Sac City. All of the teachers are great. I found that the most challanging part of the PTA program was time management. I also fell behind in my last semester, PTA 150 and I had a very hard time getting the help that I needed. Beth, the directer of the program, tried to get ma a tutor but it was too late. I got a D and going back in the Spring to repeat it. Everyone is different but I think that for me, I was commuting from the bay area and my internship was at Burger in Auburn < a great company by the way > and it was just too much stress for me as an individual. I went it over and over for 4 monthes after I didn't graduate and I think that it was a few things. I just have to say study hard the forth and fifth semester. I believe that those were the hardest. If you can afford to just go to school while you are going to school.. do it! The main factor is determination and even tho I have a ton of determination, I fell short of all the demands. The last two semesters are 10 weeks and they fly by very fast so be prepared to put in many study hours and study study study the practice quizes. Also, get a hold of the Board Bible and start reading it. I found that to be a great sourse of informatin and it is something that will help you in your last semester when you start taking practice board tests, if you do choose to take that weekend course tought by Beth. : )

Jennifer,

Thanks so much for you feedback. All very helpful. That commute must have been terrible. I hope I get something I can live with when the time comes. I'm trying my best to prepare before applying again in the spring.

good luck to you finishing up. I'm sure the break helped you regroup. It's a long journey. I already feel like I've been at this for a while just to get to this point.

I'm looking forward to getting the prep work done and getting to the good stuf

abstractchick40@aol.com

62 months ago

You are so welcome and I have been dreaming of being in the PT world since I was 12 and its been a very long haul for me as well. If you want to talk more of get moral support, e mail me at abstractchick40@aol.com and I will be more than happy to be your study buddy or mentor or friend. Blessings, Jennifer

62 months ago

abstractchick40@aol.com said: You are so welcome and I have been dreaming of being in the PT world since I was 12 and its been a very long haul for me as well. If you want to talk more of get moral support, e mail me at abstractchick40@aol.com and I will be more than happy to be your study buddy or mentor or friend. Blessings, Jennifer

Thank you Jennifer. I will be contacting you. I have a lot of questions about the SCC program. probably next week. :0)

stiffin in Chelmsford, Massachusetts

61 months ago

how long does it take to know if you passed the PTA exam

katymarg in everett, Washington

61 months ago

denise.arvay@yahoo.com in San Jose, California said: I've been a PTA for 14 years . I'm also a A.P.T.A clinical instructor. You would only be a joke if you could not perform as an entry level PTA . Formal education is great and so is clinical experience. If you have both you should be good to go. Also many PTs are earning their doctorates on-line; education is education it how you apply yourself that counts.

Hi Denise,

I'm interested in going to school at a local community college in Washington state for a PTA. I was wondering how physically demanding this position is? I'm 50 and of average strength. Also, the school is in the process of receiving its accreditation. After graduating, would I be able to sit for licensing?

Thanks,

Kathy

megan in Moncks Corner, South Carolina

55 months ago

Hi,

I am starting my physical therapists assistant program next summer. I'm curious though, what do you PTAs make or been offered??
I know websites give you the national/state median, but I wanna hear from some people actually in the field. What can I expect to make 2 years from now when I'm finished with the program? Are there specific areas (acute care, sports med, outpatient) that pay more or less? As of now, I'm interested in more of an outpatient or sports setting.

Hello

55 months ago

CC in Upland, California said: im looking for a PT aide class in california... ?

There is no formal education for PT Aid but there is a PTA school in San Diego and one in Sacramento and another in Freemont. I would skip the private one because its Seven Day Adventist and I know a guy that went there but you have to be SDA I think. I

I just graduated from Physical Therapist Assistant school in Sacramento and the moment I got my degree (last Wednesday) I was a PT Aide. When I take the national board exam in a few weeks, I will be a PTAssistant and will make 50 K a year. There shouldn't be any school for Aid positions I have heard that its on the job training. Good luck and i would reccomend PTA school because its a great field that won't be outsoursed any time soon and the pay is good plus its very rewarding.

Thanks, Jennifer

Hello

55 months ago

CC in Upland, California said: im looking for a PT aide class in california... ?

There is no formal education for PT Aid but there is a PTA school in San Diego and one in Sacramento and another in Freemont. I would skip the private one because its Seven Day Adventist and I know a guy that went there but you have to be SDA I think. I

I just graduated from Physical Therapist Assistant school in Sacramento and the moment I got my degree (last Wednesday) I was a PT Aide. When I take the national board exam in a few weeks, I will be a PTAssistant and will make 50 K a year. There shouldn't be any school for Aid positions I have heard that its on the job training. Good luck and i would reccomend PTA school because its a great field that won't be outsoursed any time soon and the pay is good plus its very rewarding.

Thanks, Jennifer

joe in Henderson, Nevada

55 months ago

im just wondering if there is somebody here from las vegas that is thinking of going to pta school, i dont see any people in this forum from las vegas. hey las vegas people where you guys at!!. lol.

ladyp in Bordentown, New Jersey

54 months ago

I am taking the Physical Therapy Aide course from Penn Foster. When I complete this course am I eligitable to get a PT Aide job? Has any one else taken this course and gotten employed in N.J. with the diploma?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hannah in Westland, Michigan

54 months ago

It's sad that schools like Penn Foster CON people with this PTA (Physical Therapy Aide) crap! You don't have to go to school for this! It's something that you can learn from "on the job training"....just like working the fryer at McDonald's.

I met a woman once, who was volunteering at the PT clinic I was working at the time. She was doing the Penn Foster thing and she thought she was gonna be a PTA! HAHAHAHA! I tried my best to explain to her that Penn Foster's "PTA Program" is only an Aide or Technician, not an Assistant. She didn't get it!

Most aide's are not paid more than $12 an hour....and that's if you find a really generous company. $10 is average here in Michigan, so whatever money you're spending on schools like Penn Foster will definitely make you wanna slit your wrists! Just apply for the aide position and you can be trained to do whatever they need you to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marissa in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

Hi my name is Marissa. I am a pre-physical therapy assistant student, looking for a position as a physical therapy aide, and volunteer opportunities in Denver Colorado. I will be applying to the Arapahoe Community College PTA program in 2011. I was wondering if there are any PTA's that would have some insight as to how they liked the program at this school. I can be reached at marissayres@yahoo.com. Thanks!

philo_million@yahoo.com in Missouri City, Texas

54 months ago

I am a certified PT Aide,I have been looking for a job for over 2monts as a PT aide in houston but, it seems like no place is hiring.if anyone know anywhere they are hiring pls contact me through email at philo_million@yahoo.com tanks

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.