pta licensure exam review course

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1423)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

vince1330 in Bound Brook, New Jersey

101 months ago

polkadots in Encinitas, California said: what state? shoot me an email to ao.salinas@hotmail.com. i`m also trying to pass the PTA test I took the test couple times and i`m still going to take it again i hope this time i will get it. maybe we can have a group study review.
just hang in there i know how it feels and you will be fine. we'll make it!
hope to hear from you soon.

I am taking the PTA exam for the second time. I was out of the field for about 6 years, but I am working as a PTA. I think some sort of study group would really be halpful to me. Count me in.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

michelle said: I tryed to email you some questions and it says messagefailed, do you have any other email address?

I am taking the PTA exam soon. If you are studying for that, I would like to join your study group. vincent.anderson@yahoo.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

davidt in Berwyn, Illinois

101 months ago

70?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ben in Parker, Colorado

101 months ago

I am fixing to begin a pta program next week. Is it true once I get a licence in one state, keeping it current, that I can apply and pay for licensure in other states without having to retake the exam? Retaking exams like that 5 years down the road is very difficult for anyone. I am a Cert. Ophthalmic Tech and could not imagine having to take that exam again!

Reply - Report abuse

PTA in Bellingham, Washington

101 months ago

Yes, That is true as long as the state your are applying for has equal or higher requirements for the exam. Every state's rules are a little different so be sure to check their website.

Reply - Report abuse

sahana in New York

101 months ago

Ben in Parker, Colorado said: I am fixing to begin a pta program next week. Is it true once I get a licence in one state, keeping it current, that I can apply and pay for licensure in other states without having to retake the exam? Retaking exams like that 5 years down the road is very difficult for anyone. I am a Cert. Ophthalmic Tech and could not imagine having to take that exam again!

You do not have to retake your exam once you get your license.Passing score is same for all the states. But you have to do credential evaluation of the respective status. Since some states have more credits, they might asked you to fulfill the credits. Thats all. No need to repeat the exam.
Hope this helps!!!

Reply - Report abuse

mariaceliasaati in Miami, Florida

101 months ago

I've been out of the field for quite some time (29 years) :/

I want to work again but I'm not sure what I need to do to do this. Should I go back to school or retake the board? I graduated in 1986 with a Physical Therapy BA from a University in Brazil.

Is it very hard to start all over again? What path should I take if I want to start working again?

Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

I can relate to getting back into the field. I was away for 7 years and I am just returning and let me tell you, it is very hard, especially when you have been studying another field. Not only is other information in your head, but the field itself has made advances without your knowledge. It is almost like being a student again and there is a great deal of focus on insurance, which may at times dictate your progression and documentation methods for your patients. It is hard, but not impossible. You may want to look for an up to date refresher or review course at local schools or become a volunteer. Good luck with your return and I hope that it works out well.

Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Nashville, Tennessee

101 months ago

Well, I got a copy of the Giles book, "Scorebuilders PTA Exam: The
Complete Study Guide"! It does seem to break things down pretty good. I confess though, I have been a procrastinator these past
couple of weeks, and haven't done much studying. I really need to get my act together!! My Rehab Director at the facility where I work just hired a PTA for prn work @ $28/hour. I feel like I have
so much catching up to do, I wonder if it's possible to get to that level! I could probably do prn work in that facility, but I'd also work elsewhere !! Would like to find a study group!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

101 months ago

Make no mistake, there is a lot of catching up to do and a great deal of material to cover. The best way to get started is just to get started. I took a break from it all after I took my first exam. It was just to much information and to much pressure, but you don't want to that for to long. One way to start slowly is to take individual cases from your department and start reviewing or looking up their disorders/injuries/diagnosis. I found this helped me perform my job better, it honed my skills, and it also made me realize the more I studied, whether taking the exam or not, the better I became at my job and the more I learned. The information also stays with you better because you actually put it into practice. Good luck to us both and happy studying.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Fran in Jordan, Montana

100 months ago

Tom in Nashville, Tennessee said: Well, I got a copy of the Giles book, "Scorebuilders PTA Exam: The
Complete Study Guide"! It does seem to break things down pretty good. I confess though, I have been a procrastinator these past
couple of weeks, and haven't done much studying. I really need to get my act together!! My Rehab Director at the facility where I work just hired a PTA for prn work @ $28/hour. I feel like I have
so much catching up to do, I wonder if it's possible to get to that level! I could probably do prn work in that facility, but I'd also work elsewhere !! Would like to find a study group!!

I'm half way through the Gile's 2007 book and would love a study partner(s). trvlabrd@excite.com

Reply - Report abuse

Fran in Jordan, Montana

100 months ago

Maria Celia Saati in Miami, Florida said: I've been out of the field for quite some time (29 years) :/

I want to work again but I'm not sure what I need to do to do this. Should I go back to school or retake the board? I graduated in 1986 with a Physical Therapy BA from a University in Brazil.

Is it very hard to start all over again? What path should I take if I want to start working again?

Try working as a PTA. Each state has different rules. You probably can take the licensing exam in California for PTA. You probably can take the licensing exam in Michigan for PT.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

hatingptaboardexam in Wooton, Kentucky

100 months ago

Fran, not sure if you know it or not but since you are studying from the 2007 giles book i figured i would fill u in. the test format was changed in 2008 and though im sure the 2007 edition has very similar info the newer edition is right by the new testing criteria. Which I can't really say much because i graduated May 23 and took my test june 12, and failed. So now im starting to get back on the "study train" and hopefully try some things different and pass it in a couple of weeks.

Reply - Report abuse

manuel in Saint Cloud, Florida

100 months ago

Nellz in Kissimmee, Florida said: Congrats on passing your exam. I am trying to study to take my exam by March. How much is for the PEAT exam? I"m using the NPTAE study guide than the scorebuilder.

hello hope you can be helpfull i need to know where i can take pta review in orlando

Reply - Report abuse

nellz_place in Fruitland Park, Florida

100 months ago

Hey Manuel, I live in Kissimmee and looking for a study partner. The PEAT exam cost about 95.00.

Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

Hey thank you it will be my pleasure to study with you but I have to tell that I had past my test in Puerto Rico and it had been over ten years that I haven't been active so If this is not a inconvience for you i would still like to study with you.

Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

Do you have any workbook to study with now?

Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

I'm sorry i don't have anything only some books and some note from a long time ago that why i want to pay or go to a center for a review

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

michelle in deerfield

100 months ago

It would probably be easier if you just exchanged email address's. A lot of guests have thiS site as an alert and its kind of frustrating having your cellular go off every few minutes while your on call. Any chance this personal conversation could be taken elsewhere? I love alerts but not this kind thanx ;) -tired mom with a dble shift in a few hours.

Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

ok my email is mbonilla72@hotmail.com

Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

I sent you a email through the email address that you gave me

Reply - Report abuse

Charles PTA in Keller, Texas

100 months ago

Theresa in Denton, Texas said: I have failed the Texas licensure exam twice and am having a difficult time finding tutoring, review courses that don't cost an arm and a leg, or even CE that is relevant. Any information would be great.

Hello, Theresa
My name is Charles I live in Keller, Texas I too have failed twice and can't find a good study partner.
Have you tried again?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Southbridge, Massachusetts

100 months ago

I got my PTA degree over a year ago and would like to proceed to take the test now in Mass. Is it too late to take the test?

Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

Thanks a lot for your help. This chat has motivated me to start up my career again with the success stories.

Reply - Report abuse

sebahat in Konya, Turkey

100 months ago

hi ? wanna study partner but ? have no notes please send me some

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

I may need a study partner also and I do have some material. If you are interested, please reply to vincent.anderson@yahoo.com

Reply - Report abuse

leesmom3 in Union City, Tennessee

100 months ago

I graduated from PTA school 10 years ago this past May. During my last year of college I had my first son, thus graduating when he was 2 weeks old. I have never practiced in the field, nor taken my exam. Now that my youngest of 4 is starting school I want to try and pursue my license. I feel an incompleteness that I never finished and really want this. I don't have a clue where to begin and am looking for any advice. I know so many things have changed over the years and I almost feel as if I am chasing a lost dream.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

mazyou in Glendale, California

100 months ago

Does anyone knows if PTA exam board is a challenging as PT board?
thank you

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

lauramccurdy in Middletown, Rhode Island

100 months ago

Hi,

I just took the PTA exam and passed it the first time (whew!) I have the Score Builders (Scott Giles) Complete PTA Study Guide, the Scorebuilders Campus Review book and the accompanying CD-ROM that has 4 practice tests. I could never have passed without this!!

I'm selling the whole thing for $50 if anyone is interested just email me at kayakhk@aol.com

Reply - Report abuse

nellz_place in Kissimmee, Florida

100 months ago

Congrats, Did u study just from the Scott Giles book?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

Hey I am interested in purchasing that package from you for 50.00. I tried to email but it did not go through for some reason. Please email me at illrimesaya@live.com and we will discuss payment method. THanks!-Brian

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

yES i WOULD PURCHAS THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SOLD YET. IT AHS BEEN 10 YEAR SINCE IV BEEN IN THE PRACTICE THIS IS MY EMAIL MBONILLA72@HOTMAIL.COM OK

Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

Yes, because much of my schooling contradicted the Scorebuilders book in some areas (modality parameters, muscle actions, etc) I skipped studying my school stuff and studied strictly from Scorebuilders. The big help is taking the practice exams because there's a rationale along with the correct answers when you are going back over what you got wrong (answers are in the book) so you understand WHY you got it wrong. Also there are other tests in each individual area (musculoskeletal, neuro, etc) in the smaller book that you can take. It's very comprehensive and breaks down everything into what's important and the percentage of each topic that will be on the exam.

Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

Ok Brian you were the first to respond. It's yours. I'll contact you via email re: the package!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

Manuel I'm sorry, Brian was the first but people sell them on this site often. Have you still got school books to review? I'm not sure I understand.....did your license lapse?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

leesmom3 in Union City, Tennessee said: I graduated from PTA school 10 years ago this past May. During my last year of college I had my first son, thus graduating when he was 2 weeks old. I have never practiced in the field, nor taken my exam. Now that my youngest of 4 is starting school I want to try and pursue my license. I feel an incompleteness that I never finished and really want this. I don't have a clue where to begin and am looking for any advice. I know so many things have changed over the years and I almost feel as if I am chasing a lost dream.

Lee's Mom,

You need to look at the practice act in your state. Here in RI if you don't take your exam within 90 days of graduating your schooling doesn't count. Pretty strict here but all states are different. Check with the board in your state, then you can take it from there. Otherwise you're in the dark and don't know which way to go. Good luck!! Hope I can help more.
Laura

Reply - Report abuse

Laura

100 months ago

Hi Brian,

Try contacting me via your own email at kayakhk@aol.com and we can discuss arrangements to get the Giles stuff to you. Otherwise I'll send it to the next person in line.

Thanks!
Laura

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

100 months ago

Yes, I'm selling the Study Guide, the On Campus Review Course book & the CD-ROM with the tests for $50. Brian disappeared so I have to look back to see who else wanted to buy it. I didn't use any school stuff; only the Scorebuilders stuff to study. I can't believe I passed!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

BOSTON-UNIVERSITY-GRADUATE in Orlando, Florida

99 months ago

BOSTON-UNIVERSITY-GRADUATE.
Graduated from Boston University 25 yrs ago.
HIGHLY EXPERIENCED WITH 25+ YRS IN PT PRACTICE OVERSEAS
15+ YRS AS A PT CLINICAL DIRECTOR

I am relocating in Orlando, FL after practicing PT 25+ overseas. I am now american after being a US resident for 5 yrs.

Can i work in FL as a PTA or PT?

I am willing to work as a PTA right away if not license is required, to get back on the field in FL.

What is is required by law to practice as PT or PTA in FL?

ANY JOB OFFERs IN orlando, FLORIDA? , I am willing to work in RI as well.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

PT GIRL in Grosse Pointe, Michigan

99 months ago

Can anyone tell me the difference between the PT and the PTA exam?

I've heard that they are very very similar but I don't know...I keep hearing so many different things! ugh!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Maria32 in Corpus Christi, Texas

99 months ago

Im a BSPT foreign graduate and havent practice for almost 6 years now. so im thinking to take the NPTAE licence exam which i think is easy than NPTA. I read someone here recommend to attend a review test prep class. and Im planningt o do that. Im happy that I found this site and motivate me. Im processing my paperwork to fccpt later this year. thanks to everyone

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

wmsyed06 in Toronto, Ontario

98 months ago

Raj in Santa Clara, California said: hi
iam looking for study partner for PTA exam. iam in fremont.CA.Let me know if your intrested.

Iam in Austin, TX. Looking for study partner, can do online. Let me know.
wmsyed06@yahoo.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

I am looking for study partner for PTA exam. I live in Austin, TX. But distance doesn't matter. We can do online. Please contact me at wmsyed06@yahoo.com.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

Maria32 in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Im a BSPT foreign graduate and havent practice for almost 6 years now. so im thinking to take the NPTAE licence exam which i think is easy than NPTA. I read someone here recommend to attend a review test prep class. and Im planningt o do that. Im happy that I found this site and motivate me. Im processing my paperwork to fccpt later this year. thanks to everyone

would you like to study with me online. I am PTA in Austin, and need to prepare for PTA exam. wmsyed06@yahoo.com

Reply - Report abuse

98 months ago

Laura McCurdy in Middletown, Rhode Island said: Yes, I'm selling the Study Guide, the On Campus Review Course book & the CD-ROM with the tests for $50. Brian disappeared so I have to look back to see who else wanted to buy it. I didn't use any school stuff; only the Scorebuilders stuff to study. I can't believe I passed!

Do you still have the book & CD for sale? Also, I am looking for study partner online to prep for PTA exam. Let me know. wmsyed06@yahoo.com

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Portsmouth, Rhode Island

98 months ago

I'm sorry that book went quickly!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Vincent in Bound Brook, New Jersey

98 months ago

I am taking the test soon and I am also seeking a study partner. Please e-mail me A vincent.anderson@yahoo.com

Reply - Report abuse

Vincent in Bound Brook, New Jersey

98 months ago

I am taking the test soon too and I am also seeking a study partner. Please contact me if you are still interested.

vincent.anderson@yahoo.com

Reply - Report abuse

Lena in Kissimmee, Florida

98 months ago

I am looking for a study partner to take the PTA exam . I have two study guides with CD's (Giles and Tenpenny). I gaduated from the PTA program several years ago but never took the exam.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Lena in Kissimmee, Florida

98 months ago

manuel in Saint Cloud, Florida said: yES i WOULD PURCHAS THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SOLD YET. IT AHS BEEN 10 YEAR SINCE IV BEEN IN THE PRACTICE THIS IS MY EMAIL MBONILLA72@HOTMAIL.COM OK

Are you still looking to study with someone? I have materials

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.