pta licensure exam review course

Comments (251 to 300 of 1404)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

liani227@aol.com in Metuchen, New Jersey

61 months ago

Joseph Kram in Rock Hill, South Carolina said: I had let my license expire in the late 90's when the Gov passed perspective pay and I was out of work for a long time I would like to renew my florida LPTA I know it would not be easy but would like to know if it is even feasible to try

Hi Joseph,
Don't ever give up anything is possible if you wanted bad enough...

maxxwell03 in San Jose, California

61 months ago

Can you still challenge the PTA board exam? If so how do you go about it?

serious about study in Chicago, Illinois

61 months ago

MonikFEPT in Burbank, Illinois said: Hi My name is Monika. I am a foreign educated PT. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the licence as a PTA in the state of Indiana, after being not substantially equivalent with PT in the state of Illinois? Credential evaluation by FCCPT,does anyone know what to do in this kind of situation?

Monica, hello. Did you ever receive you license and if you did what did you do to study? Here is my personal email address riss18@juno.com
I plan to take the exam in 2 months or so and could use a word of advice.
Thank you
Dee

61 months ago

prentasj in Rockford, Illinois said: Can you rel me whta EIR stands for?
Thank you

Hi. I live in Indiana and will be taking the PTA exam in a couple of months. Have you taken and pass the exam yet? Can you give me some pointers on what to study and how to pass the exam?
Thank you
Please feel free to email me at my address: riss18@juno.com

Ana in Salt Lake City, Utah

61 months ago

I am wondering how many times we can take PTA exam, does enyone know? ...for PT's it is three times..
Thanx

joseph in Glendale, California

61 months ago

3 times/year

Ana in Salt Lake City, Utah

61 months ago

joseph in Glendale, California said: 3 times/year

Hi, Joseph...you mean three times in a year, or three times all together?
Thank you soo much, and sorry for bothering...
Ana

Aphex in Falls Church, Virginia

61 months ago

I believe 3 times total, after which you will have to take some clinical courses, according to the APTA.

Charity.gomez

61 months ago

Theresa in Denton, Texas said: I have failed the Texas licensure exam twice and am having a difficult time finding tutoring, review courses that don't cost an arm and a leg, or even CE that is relevant. Any information would be great.

Look up scott giles PTA prep course information. They offer flash cards that are awesome for only 40 something dollars! He did a 2 day prep course for our class this semester and he tells you how to study for it the most effective way. It was great! Good luck!!

joseph in Glendale, California

61 months ago

Need advice
Hi, I have done PT clerkships,Internships, But out of touch with PT field for past few years . Just passed my PTA lic.exam. Should I apply for PTA job or work as a tech for a while to since it might be better on my resume.
Thanks

Shakes McJunkie in Denver, Colorado

61 months ago

Joseph, You serious? How could working as a tech look better on your resume than working as a PTA?

61 months ago

Theresa, Hi. How long has it been since Scott Giles gave you information about taking the test? And did he say that studying from the flash cards could prepare someone thoroughly for the exam?
Thank you for the pointers and if you have anymore, could you please pass them on. I would rather contact you through another email address so I don't have to give mine out to so many others.
Thank you again.
Dee

Aphex in Falls Church, Virginia

61 months ago

joseph in Glendale, California said: Need advice
Hi, I have done PT clerkships,Internships, But out of touch with PT field for past few years . Just passed my PTA lic.exam. Should I apply for PTA job or work as a tech for a while to since it might be better on my resume.
Thanks

You can't be serious lol. If you are a licensed PTA, why do you still want to work as an aide? wake up man.

Nutty79 in Charlottesville, Virginia

61 months ago

HELP!!!
I have taken the PTA exam 3 times and failed with a 557, 582, and last a 586!
I can't seem to get where I need to be. My lowest score was in professional issues.
Is there anything out there that is helpful in passing the exam? I looked into a review course but it is $895 plus hotel and meals which is out of my range.

Thanks for any advice...

GarysptA

61 months ago

Email me I have taken that review course which I felt was a waste of money garyosirus@yahoo.com

Lady Red in Gaithersburg, Maryland

61 months ago

@ Nutty 79, pls don't loose hope. what kind of materials are u you using? I used IER PTA which helped me a lot. All the best in the exam, keep on trying!!! God bless

Steve in Broomfield, Colorado

61 months ago

How many shots do we get at the exam? What are the rules? Why are so many people failing it? I'll be taking it in Feb after I graduate. All this failing dialog has me a bit worried. How about some feedback from people who have passed. I guess if you have passed and moved on your not concerned with these forums any longer. 99% of these exam /PTA forums are about getting support from failing so often. I'd like to believe more people pass than fail. We just don't here about them. Right? Ughhh! I'm thinking this whole Forum is bringing me down and making me loose confidence. The exam cannot be that difficult. I'm aware it's a PT exam for the majority of it. So what. I'd just like some rationale behind all these people failing it. Waiting too long to take the test? Poor grades during school? A poor school to begin with? Cmon, what is it, so we don't make the same mistake.

laura

61 months ago

I couldn't agree more. Waste of money, waste of time, waste of time away from home and all it cost to stay at the hotel, food etc. I got nothing out of it.

liani227@aol.com in Levittown, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Hi Laura, Did you take the therapy team review one? I am suppose to take it in june and yes is very expensive. Too much..

Michael in Kingston, New York

61 months ago

I am registered to take the therapy team review class on June 4-13, 2010. I have to take the NPTAE. I've been hearing mixed reviews regarding this class. It's a lot of time and money and I'm concerned that I'm not going to get much out of the class. Have any of you taken the review class and if so can you tell me if it was worth the time and money.

Thanks,

Michael

61 months ago

Where did you find out about the team review class? I live near Chicago and am interested in finding out about this review.

Marites in Stockton, California

61 months ago

www.therapyteam.com/Home.html
all info can be found at the above website.

c smith in Deland, Florida

60 months ago

i havent taken the pta exam in over 3 yrs and am not sure what the best way to study for is gng to be for me my email is kygirl53@hotmail.com if anyone has suggestions thanks

swtgirl in Las Vegas, Nevada

60 months ago

Hi!I"m planning to take the test next month and i have Giles and IER's study guide.I also purchase PEAT. I'm working and have difficult time in focusing in my review anyone from vegas who wants to have a study group?

jss1220 in San Antonio, Texas

60 months ago

Ing in Kalispell, Montana said: Just passed the exam with over 100 pts over the minimum. I made questions for the Gile's book. Now, I'm selling the materials. I have Giles 2007 PTA Review w/CD ($69 on Amazon) and have typed questions for the majority of the book. I also have in like-new condition Tenpenny w/CD ($100 on Amazon), Fortinberry ($35 on Amazon), and Meyers 2000 w/disk, Volume 1 of 2 ($10-20). I'll sell you the works for $200 with my typed practice questions. trvlabrd@excite.com

cool - i have the books but could i buy the giles questions you made?

60 months ago

jss1220 in San Antonio, Texas said: cool - i have the books but could i buy the giles questions you made?

hi there! there are 150 questions in the exam right? and the passing score is 80%. So 80% of 150 is 120 then at least u need to get 120 or better to pass the test?

60 months ago

Nutty79 in Charlottesville, Virginia said: HELP!!!
I have taken the PTA exam 3 times and failed with a 557, 582, and last a 586!
I can't seem to get where I need to be. My lowest score was in professional issues.
Is there anything out there that is helpful in passing the exam? I looked into a review course but it is $895 plus hotel and meals which is out of my range.

Thanks for any advice...

Hi there! so how many questions are there in the exam and how much wil u need to say that u pass?

Terry in Salinas, California

60 months ago

Review, Giles, IER and PEAT. Giles and IER have CD's with teat quetions. Take the PEAT. It gives you a better and truer performance scoring and will let you see your weaknesses. Then use giles or IER to focus on your weaknesses.

There are a total of 200 questions on the exam. 150 are scored and the other 50 are used for possible questions on future tests.

Keep reviewing your weaknesses and you'll pass.

Don't be distressed on the test if you think you're doing poorly. out of 200 questions you can miss 40, but you won't know which ones are scored.

Good Luck!!!

60 months ago

Thanks for taking time to reply on my question. Yes that's what im doing i already make appointment to prometrics and thought was ready not until i purchase PEAT and im so dissapointed with the results that's why i withdraw my application. I'm still studying and full time working. Again thank you.

Donnie H in Chattanooga, Tennessee

60 months ago

Ive done the math and to pass the exam, u have to make what averages out to a 75. 600 to pass, 800 possible pts, 600 into 800 u get 75 percent.

I just failed my first attempt, scored a 562 but I didn't study any. took it 3 weeks after graduation and didn't open a book. Dumbest thing EVER.

I also second guessed myself and changed at least 8 i had correct.

i am taking it again next month but this time i am going to study!!
hopefully i will get it this time!

gailjohnson@yahoo.com in Olathe, Kansas

60 months ago

jss1220 in San Antonio, Texas said: cool - i have the books but could i buy the giles questions you made?

I would love to buy the questions also. Please let me know. I have all other information. Blessings!

VERMA in Wixom, Michigan

60 months ago

hi , i want to all pt try to talk to borad so that they should allow pt to work as pta , online 6 month canadian college they are working asd pta , ahy aqpta allow them , is injustice

VERMA in Wixom, Michigan

60 months ago

why credential eval for physical therapy for pta why injustice to foreign trained , and defecit, if we all foregn trained unite together and fight for our right , i gave m,y exam once no credential eval at that time in 2003 , but my financial condition was bad so , i fail ,now eval in 20009 sept only geratric , they told me to again in a month so much defecit, i need help of evey one if we unite together and talk to board 100-200 foreign trained pt , then it will work out

jesPTA in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

Hi, I live in Chicago and I am finishing off my AA in healthcare administration. An AA in PTA is no longer offered regularly. I want to work as a PT aide while I complete my AA - any suggestions??
Also - did you do your AA in PTA or just any AA in healthcare because I cant seem to find out what courses I need for the exam??
Any tips are greatly appreciated!! :)
Thanks

ed in Cornville, Arizona

60 months ago

Perhaps you could learn to write better english and maybe you'll have better success with your problem. Not to sound mean, but I can hardly tell what your talking about.

VERMA in West Bloomfield, Michigan

60 months ago

hi ,
i didn't check it what problem you have telling me to learn better english, i have no problem in that ok ,you are not my tutor to tell me ok

ed in Cornville, Arizona

60 months ago

Im not trying to be your tutor. Not to offend you, but maybe you should get one for some help. Look, like the way you started your sentence just now does not make a whole lot of sense and is not easy to figure out, not for most people here. If someone spoke those words to me I would not understand what you were trying to convey, a few parts of it maybe. Obviously from your perspective it's fine, so whatever.

icebox1331 in Barrigada, Guam

59 months ago

im a graduate of BS Physical Therapy year 1999. how can i get a physical thrapy assistant exam?

icebox1331 in Barrigada, Guam

59 months ago

I think the first thing that i should ask is if I'm qualified to take the exam. I finished my BSPT course in the Philippines last October 1999 and passed the local board exam for PT the following year. What are the requirements for the PT assistant exam? I'm currently in Guam right now. Thanks in advance..

uma in Chicago, Illinois

59 months ago

hi, they want us to go back to school 2 yr for pta

kacyegirl in Georgetown, South Carolina

59 months ago

Hey, is this for all states. I live in South Carolina.

kacyegirl in Georgetown, South Carolina

59 months ago

GarysptA said: Email me I have taken that review course which I felt was a waste of money garyosirus@yahoo.com

I was told my some of my peers that if you fail the exam twice you will need to take the review course.

celina in Hammond, Indiana

59 months ago

Is there anyone near east chicago indiana that is studying for the physical therapy assistant exam????

serious about study in Berwyn, Illinois

59 months ago

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am close to East Chicago Indiana!!!!!!!!!!!
Please contact me at riss18@juno.com
Thank you!
cd

jess123 in Port Jefferson, New York

59 months ago

i need help

59 months ago

I have been getting 90s and 101 and 107 sample tests wonder if i should take it for the 6th time!

59 months ago

Michael in Kingston, New York said: I am registered to take the therapy team review class on June 4-13, 2010. I have to take the NPTAE. I've been hearing mixed reviews regarding this class. It's a lot of time and money and I'm concerned that I'm not going to get much out of the class. Have any of you taken the review class and if so can you tell me if it was worth the time and money.

Thanks,

Michael

did u pass>?

59 months ago

Ive been studying my practice tests were: 107 101 94 92 90 in that order i think im ready i took it may 20 may take it in july sometimes just not sure any help?

laura

59 months ago

I was told by the agency that offers the exam that if you are getting 60-62s on your practice tests you are ready to take the exam. She was right; I took it then for the first time and passed.

laura

59 months ago

jess123 in Port Jefferson, New York said: did u pass>?

That's a long prep class! Mine was only over the weekend and was a waste of time. Wish I hadn't wasted the money on the hotel and class. I only went half the first day then left for home the next morning. I passed the first time no thanks to that class

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.