travel PTA average salary?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 220)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Rachel in Youngstown, Ohio

35 months ago

Velvetrain, it sounds like you need to speak to some other companies. There are a ton of companies out there, and from everything I have heard from recruiters and from therapists who have worked in traveling, 23 is very low. Good luck with your search, from what I have heard from recruiters, Texas is DESPERATE for PTAs. Look into Scott and White Hospital in TX, last I heard they were really looking for PTAs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Velvetrain in Bronx, New York

35 months ago

Thanks. So I guess I am not crazy lol. 23 did come across as a low ball offer. I was making 25 in 2005 in the state of MA. I can't really afford to take that big of a cut. Def will shop around.

David in Lawrence, Kansas

35 months ago

I'm a new grad this semester and all of the job offers I've gotten for SNF have been in the $30-32/hr range in the Dallas area. The same for some other classmates of mine who shopped the market and accepted offers there. We were told by our program director that anything below $30/hr is not even worth looking at. From what I've seen, travel gigs are paying at least 50% more than that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Thank you for your input! I am clearly out of the loop. I never really know the salaries for PTA's anymore. I tend to stay with a job for many years before I leave. One company I stayed close to 8 yrs.

35 months ago

Oddly enough In NC here the prn rate is $35. Is that 35 hr a full time rate or prn? If so looks like it may be in my favor to seek a full time job in Texas instead and nix the traveling jobs in some random no name city. I had my heart set on Dallas or Houston anyway and decided last year I really wanted to move but couldn't decide between the two. I am not happy in NC and want to leave before the year is up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

meeh in Glendale, California

35 months ago

if you get a travel job but the location is actually in or near where you actually live, do companies still reimburse you for your rent that you are currently paying?

jborgers in Bend, Oregon

35 months ago

Hi Meeh,
No, if you take a travel job which is less than 50 miles from your permanent home you would not qualify for the tax free lodging reimbursement. Instead, that amount of income would be given to you as a flat taxable wage as any other job.

If you have any other questions about traveling please give me a call!

Jann Borgers, PT
Owner Therapeutic Resources
www.therapeuticresources.org

Future PTA in Gilbert, Arizona

35 months ago

Jann,

I'm a little bit confused by your last post. Are you saying that you will typically receive the housing stipend as income if you live less than 50 miles from the worksite, or that you do not qualify for it at all?

My thinking was that travel companies would want people close to the assignments since they wouldn't have to pay for them to travel there...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim Scott in Newberg, Oregon

35 months ago

HI Jann,
I am going to chime in :) There are very specific guidelines set by the IRS to determine if you qualify as a traveler and recevie tax free money. Distance from home really has nothing to do with it. You must be DUPLICATING your living expenses while working away from hom. Otherwise you would be commuting to work like the rest of us. The reason for the tax free money us to help recoupe living expenses while away from home for business purposes. Be careful of any company or recruiter that tells you otherwise- audits are on the rise because the Feds need money! Hopefully that helps!

jborgers in Bend, Oregon

35 months ago

To chime in again: distance from your home is definitely a factor, but it's not the only factor.

Future PTA in Gilbert, Arizona

35 months ago

The question still remains: Do you get the money? I understand that you might be taxed on it, but is it offered period if you live close to the site, or is it simply not offered in that situation?

Kim Scott in Newberg, Oregon

35 months ago

Your package can be structured any way you prefer. However, if you live close to the assignment, it would not be classified as a travel assignment and would make the most sense to get paid an hourly wage versus a lower hourly wage and taxed housing allowance.

dhargrove in Farmington, New Mexico

35 months ago

if you are a traveling therapist your co. would provide you a stipend which you would use for living expenses.

35 months ago

I have had 1 traveling job and looking forward to traveling positions again in the future. your company will let you know the distance between where you live and your job site. but traveling means you are away from home and on an assignment of 13 wks or so usually. i hope that answers your question. Maybe you should call a traveling co. and just inquire about traveling therapy jobs. good luck.

a. murphy in Harrodsburg, Kentucky

34 months ago

My question is: What is allowed for traveling to state to state, like air fare, is car rental provided for each area you work

Tfaeldan in Riverside, California

34 months ago

Brandi J in Ceres, California said: this is an interesting option. I am trying to figure out what a PTLA is. Can someone tell me? Thanks! Is it still an assistant or is it a PT.

Physical therapist licensed assistant, same thing as PTA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Never heard of those intials before, maybe it was a typographical error.

Kerri in Fitzgerald, Georgia

34 months ago

Christine Banks in Seattle, Washington said: I usally take the housing, my husband and now baby also travel with me. For us anyway it's easier to let them find the housing and that means no deposit down on our part too for a apartment. It's always really nice housing and also of course furnished. Last place had a pool and gym.

what is your title, I'm looking for a travel Physical Therapy Assistant company.

Jessica in Tofield, Alberta

32 months ago

Hi, I'm am a physio assistant practicing in Canada. Does anyone know if a canadian PTA can be a part of this travel program??

NC PT in Charlotte, North Carolina

31 months ago

What company did you work for?

mimizinha79 in Apopka, Florida

31 months ago

jborgers in Bend, Oregon said: Hi Meeh,
No, if you take a travel job which is less than 50 miles from your permanent home you would not qualify for the tax free lodging reimbursement. Instead, that amount of income would be given to you as a flat taxable wage as any other job.

If you have any other questions about traveling please give me a call!

Jann Borgers, PT
Owner Therapeutic Resources
www.therapeuticresources.org

Hello Jann,
I would like to know to get all the the housing allowance and free taxes i would have to drive minimum of 55 miles each way, right??? Can i keep the housing allowance money to myself? because my plans are be driving 1 hour and half and go back home so i wouldnt need the housing.. i called one agency and she said that is my money so i could keep it..housing allowance is 1,500 per month they also pay $100 for utilities which i would need either...

if you can clarify it for me would be great!
i really appreciate
thank you,
Michelle

jborgers in Bend, Oregon

31 months ago

Hi Michelle,
That's correct. If you choose to drive then you can keep the money and do with as you please. According to my accountant, the IRS expects that you spend the money on housing and it's assumed that you are away from your permanent tax home.. While you don't have to provide a receipt, I do have my employees sign a statement on their time sheets every week that "they are away from their "tax home" during this period". I can't control what they do, but it takes all liability off of us.

Hope that answers your question.
Jann Borgers

31 months ago

jborgers in Bend, Oregon said: Hi Michelle,
That's correct. If you choose to drive then you can keep the money and do with as you please. According to my accountant, the IRS expects that you spend the money on housing and it's assumed that you are away from your permanent tax home.. While you don't have to provide a receipt, I do have my employees sign a statement on their time sheets every week that "they are away from their "tax home" during this period". I can't control what they do, but it takes all liability off of us.

Hope that answers your question.
Jann Borgers

Hi Jann
Thank you so much!! Yes, that's my plan!! Theres a student loan to be paid back so i could use that money to help me with that and also help me with the gas so that way i wouldnt need to take it from my pay check...plus my car will have to be revised every 3 months for oil, tires etc....My friend just graduated and she is making $35 per hour, she drives 60 miles each way and they give to her $1,500 housing allowance, $100 utilities, 0.42 cents per mile in gas, full health insurance ( she pays 30 dollar per week extra so she could add her husband) and they've got the best co pay ever!
also she doesnt pay taxes on the $35 per hour... i think the paid taxes are based on $ 26-27 dollars per hour, if i am not mistake..i think that is fair...She is using her housing allowance to help with the car maintance and her student loan..
anyway... my plan is to become a Pta since it will be around $32,000 i am going to be taking few courses at a community college and applying in may...I CAN'T WAIT!!...she also do home visit on saturdays and charges $40 dollars per 40-45 minutes thru another agency...and like she said..the school is extremely hard and expensive so you need to be making a killing and give yourself a decente life after passing thru so many stress and hard time at the school...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yack59 in Robertsdale, Alabama

31 months ago

Michelle,

No such rule as the 50 mile rule. If you own a house and are up keeping it, then you are entitled to the tax free housing. If you are within a daily commuting range like 90 miles and you go home daily, you are not entitled to tax free housing. Usually you can just get the money as taxable and it balances out in the long run. I get my housing tax free, but by the time I pay all my expenses for the up keep of my house I will make the same amount as you. That's basically how everything works.

31 months ago

I think they should do a bachelor's degree in PT..like nurses, they have bridges from RN to BSN and BSN TO MSN... they do it faster!! the reason ive decided to become a PTA is because i am 32 years old and in order to become a PT you need to get a master or doctorade( DPT) degree which is expensive and takes you 3 years BUT you you will have to have your bachelor's degree to apply for it...
So since i dont have any degree i think would make more sense me getting my PTA degree and while i am working and making money ( need to pay back the crazy student loan), plus getting experience i could get my bachelor's online and get it done in 2 years or less.... was thinking something like bachelor's in health management because i could become a director at any rehabilition and even apply for any goverment job and there's 2 schools in Florida that offers the DPT degree in 4 years instead 3.. but its online ( 5 days per month for the clinicals at the campus) and still be able to work at the meantime..But after it i will be almost 40 years old LOL and in a big debt...Unfortunely i can be a nurse ( cant stand niddles and blood) but its definetely faster to get a master degree. I NEED SOME HELP... WHAT YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD DO?

chris in Medina, Ohio

31 months ago

I am currently a student persuing a career as a PTA. I've read much of peoples experiences and it seems too good to be true. I am wondering what is the down side to being a traveling PTA. I will be 23 when I'm finished and would like to know what to expect. I want the cons because I believe all the pros have been covered. Thank you.

Yack59 in Montgomery, Alabama

31 months ago

chris in Medina, Ohio said: I am currently a student persuing a career as a PTA. I've read much of peoples experiences and it seems too good to be true. I am wondering what is the down side to being a traveling PTA. I will be 23 when I'm finished and would like to know what to expect. I want the cons because I believe all the pros have been covered. Thank you.

First you will need to find a company that will offer you a job as a New Grad. There are some out there somewhere.

If you don't worry about all the stuff mentioned above and you can afford to live on a salary between 800 and 1200 dollars a week, there isn't many other cons out there. Con is as a new grad you are going to be on the lower end.

Getting licensed in all the different states is the biggest Con out there. But, with the right timing, that isn't a problem either. In fact, the best assignments are sometimes the government contracts with the Veterans Hospital, Military Hospitals and the Indian Reservations, because you only have to carry a license for 1 of the 50 states.

If you are a worrier about when your next assignment is coming up, that's a CON, because sometimes you don't know until the last two or three weeks.

Other than that, there aren't any other Cons for a single person who likes to travel. Plenty of jobs available for a PTA with at least a years experience.

That's all the Cons I can give you. The higher paying jobs are like Alaska in the dark! It pays less in the daylight months. The desert in the Hot months pays more, than the winter months. Sometimes that depends on the company also.

Well Good luck Chris Enjoy the traveling. Oh and try Healthcaretravelbook.com. Plenty more great information on there and when you befriend someone they can tell you exactly what they are clearing each week.

Later!!

Rumy Petkov in Winona, Minnesota

29 months ago

Hello, I am considering becoming a PTA and I have several questions for you guys.
1. How long does the program take to accomplish?
2. What is the average salary rate?
3. How do you become a travel PTA?

rlt5089 in Youngstown, Ohio

29 months ago

Rumy Petkov in Winona, Minnesota said: Hello, I am considering becoming a PTA and I have several questions for you guys.
1. How long does the program take to accomplish?
2. What is the average salary rate?
3. How do you become a travel PTA?

Rumy, I went to Penn State and it was four insane semesters(I don't think I got a full nights sleep all semester... your courseload is ridiculous) followed by 16 weeks of clinical internships where you worked on the job. Once you graduate you will have to pass the state boards, and take any laws tests your state requires. Rates in Ohio range from 20-24/hr for outpatient, and around 22 to 27 for skilled nursing facilities. For traveling it is around 1000 to 1400 a week take home pay starting out. If you want to travel, all you have to do is get in contact with a travel company and they will find you work. Try Medtravelersclub for ratings and info. You have to be licensed in every state you travel in.

Rumy in Silverhill, Alabama

29 months ago

I went to school when I was 44 years old. I was able to use alot of my experience from the Military as credits. I only had to take Speech, Physics and Biology for prerequisites. Now, I hear that in some states you don't even have to take the Physics class. That was the hardest class for me. The PTA program was one year straight, but not everyday. Insane hours, if you have a family and have to go to work and school, for sure, but when you finish it is well worth it.
The difference between a Doctorate Degree PT and an Associate Degree PTA is on average of 10,000 to 20,000 dollars a year. In 1995 when I graduated I started out at 28,000 a year. PT average salary was around 34,000. With 16 years as a PTA, I was making 28 dollars an hour at a nursing home in Alabama. I have a friend who graduated with me making 32 an hour in MS. So, the pay varies depending on your ability to hold out for the best salary or your best bargaining style.
I am not a good bargaining person. I presently am making 16 dollars taxable an hour and about 22 dollars non-taxable, which works out to be about 41-42 dollars an hour if it was all taxable. I don't have to travel or work too hard as I am retired military, so this job is very gratifying intrinsically, especially when you see someone get better. I try to take a VA Hospital Job, when they are available. They also, have Indian Reservation jobs available. You only have to be licensed in ONE state, since these are government contracts. They usually pay a little higher.

Your options are to look at other Associate Programs and compare salaries. There are sites online that will give you a pretty good idea, just check them out. X-Ray techs make great money traveling. Sonographers make pretty good money. Certified/Registered Pharmacy Techs make pretty good money, but not as much as the others mentioned.

Yokota Air Base Japan in Apo

29 months ago

Can you please tell me alittle more about how you got your degree with being in the military? Did they pay for your degree? Do you go to a civilian school? Do you get to choose what field you want to study? I have my BS in a non-health related field and am seriously considering joining the airforce as an officer would be a good path for me. Even though it maybe hard to get in now a days since they are cutting 700 officers from the Airforce right now.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

CeCe PTA! in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

27 months ago

im a new pta graduate single with no kids ive seriously been considering traveling...i havent got any experience as a pta besides what i learned in school.. i was wondering what should i salary should i demand based on no experience as a new traveler going to states like california, florida and texas?

thanks so much!!

rlt5089 in Youngstown, Ohio

27 months ago

As a new graduate I was told to expect anywhere from 900 to 1400 a week, or up to 1400 to 1700 a week for Texas. Most recruiters will try to send you to Texas as that is where the most demand is. If you were already considering Texas I would definitely go with that!

Yack59 in Birmingham, Alabama

27 months ago

CeCe PTA! in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: im a new pta graduate single with no kids ive seriously been considering traveling...i havent got any experience as a pta besides what i learned in school.. i was wondering what should i salary should i demand based on no experience as a new traveler going to states like california, florida and texas?

thanks so much!!

If a traveling company accepts you as a traveler, it's really how much you can bargain. I am a PTA with 16 years experience. I am making 44 dollars an hour. By the time Insurance, taxes and housing are taken out, I clear 980 each week. I usually stay at the Extended Stay places because I can tolerate a small living area with a kitchen, because my wife travels with me. I have been to Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas and Oklahoma as well as Alabama where I live. The Salaries are all about the same. If you are single and willing to travel and see the world you can make more by going to the higher paying jobs, ie., the backwoods areas of most any state, Alaska in the dark, Arizona in the summer, etc. Good luck with your traveling.

Gina M. age 21 in Danielson, Connecticut

26 months ago

Hello everyone,
I myself am going to school to be a physical therapist assistant next semester at a community college. I have done tons of research and I think it will be a great opportunity. For those who have questions such as salary (by state),work context,work values, knowledge and anything else, go to www.onetonline.org. When I was unemployed, I went to workshops and they shared this site with people. Just type in Physical Therapist assistant or any other occupation. It helped me A LOT, when it came to me figuring out what I wanted to do. I was wondering if anyone is from the CT/MA area, and if so...on an average how much does a traveling PTA make. Also, do they travel to different states, or just within the state you work out of? Thanks!

Layla in Kansas City, Kansas

26 months ago

David,
I am applying to KCKCC PTA program, and I would love to get in contact with you regarding some questions I have. My email is dezertrose@gmail.com Would love to hear back from you!

26 months ago

Gina M. age 21 in Danielson, Connecticut said: Hello everyone,
I myself am going to school to be a physical therapist assistant next semester at a community college. I have done tons of research and I think it will be a great opportunity. For those who have questions such as salary (by state),work context,work values, knowledge and anything else, go to www.onetonline.org . When I was unemployed, I went to workshops and they shared this site with people. Just type in Physical Therapist assistant or any other occupation. It helped me A LOT, when it came to me figuring out what I wanted to do. I was wondering if anyone is from the CT/MA area, and if so...on an average how much does a traveling PTA make. Also, do they travel to different states, or just within the state you work out of? Thanks!

Gina,
You can check out my comment just above yours. Yes travelers do go to different states, but remember you must get a license in each state you travel. Unless you are lucky enough to get an assignment with the VA, Military Hospital or Indian Reservation. Those only require you to be licensed in one state.

victoria in Mobile, Alabama

25 months ago

Christine Banks in Seattle, Washington said: I usally take the housing, my husband and now baby also travel with me. For us anyway it's easier to let them find the housing and that means no deposit down on our part too for a apartment. It's always really nice housing and also of course furnished. Last place had a pool and gym.

Hi,
Im thinking about going to school to become a nurse or a pta but iam leaning more toward pta. i just want to know how much do pta's make in a nursing home and also traveling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

victoria in Mobile, Alabama said: Hi,
Im thinking about going to school to become a nurse or a pta but iam leaning more toward pta. i just want to know how much do pta's make in a nursing home and also traveling.

Victoria,
PTAs in a nursing home fresh out of school, probably make around 18-22 an hour, depending on where you are. In Mobile that is about what you will make. After you are in the field for 5 or 6 years, the salaries are not that big of a difference. You can check around and someone can probably give you an idea of what a new grad makes in Mobile. Bishop State PTA program, I am sure can give you an idea. I had 14 years experience when I was working at Crowne of Mobile and Twin Oaks and I was making 28 dollars an hour then. I am traveling now and I am making 44.00 an hour if everything was taxable. That 44 dollars covers my housing, mileage and per diem. Nursing is a longer school, but an RN makes as much as a PT in the traveling field depending on if you specialize or not. You are talking about 50 to 60 dollars an hour. So, if you have the time, you may want to consider Nursing. Nursing also has a program where they accept your license in a group of states. As a PTA you will need to get a license in each state. Good Luck and Wishing you the BEST!!!

Don Meadows, PTA

M in Austin, Texas

25 months ago

Yack59 in Birmingham, Alabama said: Victoria,
PTAs in a nursing home fresh out of school, probably make around 18-22 an hour, depending on where you are. In Mobile that is about what you will make. After you are in the field for 5 or 6 years, the salaries are not that big of a difference. You can check around and someone can probably give you an idea of what a new grad makes in Mobile. Bishop State PTA program, I am sure can give you an idea. I had 14 years experience when I was working at Crowne of Mobile and Twin Oaks and I was making 28 dollars an hour then. I am traveling now and I am making 44.00 an hour if everything was taxable. That 44 dollars covers my housing, mileage and per diem. Nursing is a longer school, but an RN makes as much as a PT in the traveling field depending on if you specialize or not. You are talking about 50 to 60 dollars an hour. So, if you have the time, you may want to consider Nursing. Nursing also has a program where they accept your license in a group of states. As a PTA you will need to get a license in each state. Good Luck and Wishing you the BEST!!!

Don Meadows, PTA

Hey Don, any suggestions on which travel companies to work for?

25 months ago

M in Austin, Texas said: Hey Don, any suggestions on which travel companies to work for?

M in Austin, TX

Prime Health, Trustaf, Cross Country TravCorps are Three good ones. But, I have been with The Right Solutions, for almost 3 years now and so far, no one has matched what they have to offer. Of course, I am receiving Loyalty Bonuses now and come October that will be 2.50 an hour more to my Taxable income, which will bring me up to 17.50 an hour for Taxable income. You will have to bargain with them if you have any experience. They will want to start you out at 25 bucks an hour if you are a new grad. I really don't know what the other companies pay, but I have heard from TravelBookHealthcare.com that the pay is Good for those companies. Cross Country TravCorps is a group of Travel companies and they go by other names, but they had a Great offer for New Travelers which was a New iPad 2 and 500 dollar sign on bonus.
but, that may be over now. Been awhile since I checked with them, since I extended my assignment here in Birmingham, AL with TRS.

If you want to contact them just go to TheRightSolutions.com, click on Apply Now and fill out the registration page. If you want to speak to a Recruiter just call and give them my name: Don Meadows.

Good luck and take care. My next assignment will most likely be in Houston, but Austin most always has jobs available around there.

Don

25 months ago

M in Austin, Texas said: Hey Don, any suggestions on which travel companies to work for?

M in Austin, TX

Prime Health, Trustaf, Cross Country TravCorps are Three good ones. But, I have been with The Right Solutions, for almost 3 years now and so far, no one has matched what they have to offer. Of course, I am receiving Loyalty Bonuses now and come October that will be 2.50 an hour more to my Taxable income, which will bring me up to 17.50 an hour for Taxable income. You will have to bargain with them if you have any experience. They will want to start you out at 25 bucks an hour if you are a new grad. I really don't know what the other companies pay, but I have heard from TravelBookHealthcare.com that the pay is Good for those companies. Cross Country TravCorps is a group of Travel companies and they go by other names, but they had a Great offer for New Travelers which was a New iPad 2 and 500 dollar sign on bonus.
but, that may be over now. Been awhile since I checked with them, since I extended my assignment here in Birmingham, AL with TRS.

If you want to contact them just go to TheRightSolutions.com, click on Apply Now and fill out the registration page. If you want to speak to a Recruiter just call and give them my name: Don Meadows.

Good luck and take care. My next assignment will most likely be in Houston, but Austin most always has jobs available around there.

Don

M in Austin, Texas

25 months ago

Yack59 in Birmingham, Alabama said: M in Austin, TX

Don

Thanks Don! I graduate in May and want to get started sending my resume out. It is always great to get feedback from someone in the field, i really appreciate it. I will make sure to give them your name if i talk to a recruiter! Cheers!

smiller91 in Lawrenceburg, Indiana

25 months ago

I will be graduating soon from PTA school and am considering the travel PTA route. I was wondering about the fact that I will be a new grad. Is it hard to get travel jobs as a new grad?

25 months ago

smiller91 in Lawrenceburg, Indiana said: I will be graduating soon from PTA school and am considering the travel PTA route. I was wondering about the fact that I will be a new grad. Is it hard to get travel jobs as a new grad?

Right now is a Great Time for traveling. If you want to travel and are graduating soon and want to make some money, a Texas license is the way to go. March seems to be the BIG Texas Push. I have had about 8 companies send me emails already about jobs in Houston, San Antonio, Austin and McAllen. F

As a new grad it is tough to find a company out there, but they do exist. As long as you have a will to travel and want to take great care of patients and can adjust to whatever your assignment asks, someone will pick you up. Once you get that first year experience under you, you will be on your way in the traveling business. Best of luck to you. You may just have to go down the list of different companies to see who will take a new grad! Again, Good Luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yack59

24 months ago

smiller91 in Lawrenceburg, Indiana said: I will be graduating soon from PTA school and am considering the travel PTA route. I was wondering about the fact that I will be a new grad. Is it hard to get travel jobs as a new grad?

Hey Smiller91,
Just ran into the company STAFFUSHEALTHCARE.COM and they are very open to taking New Grads. So when you graduate check them out.
You can tell them I sent you, if you like. I don't get a referral fee from them. I was just looking for jobs in Texas and ran across the... New Grads can apply line. Best of Luck!!!

Don Meadows, LPTA
AL, TX, MS

cstephenson in Citronelle, Alabama

21 months ago

I am a travel PTA in Alabama and i love it...Average pay for a Travel PTA is 25-35 per hour...u get paid every week..85 percent of the travel jobs are nursing homes which i prefer...i make 33.50 an hr and only have 2 yrs experience..travel companies will hire u straight out of school..and u can get extended in the same facility 9 montgs or 3 13 week assignments..if u are young and willing to relocate its perfect for you...the best state to do travel assignments is texas...i work for Jackson Therapy and im in good with them so if anyone is looking for a job in any kind of therapy PT OT PTA COTA or ST let me know and i can guarantee u a job in your hone state...hope i answered some questions

Traveling in Darlington, South Carolina

21 months ago

cstephenson in Citronelle, Alabama said: I am a travel PTA in Alabama and i love it...Average pay for a Travel PTA is 25-35 per hour...u get paid every week..85 percent of the travel jobs are nursing homes which i prefer...i make 33.50 an hr and only have 2 yrs experience..travel companies will hire u straight out of school..and u can get extended in the same facility 9 montgs or 3 13 week assignments..if u are young and willing to relocate its perfect for you...the best state to do travel assignments is texas...i work for Jackson Therapy and im in good with them so if anyone is looking for a job in any kind of therapy PT OT PTA COTA or ST let me know and i can guarantee u a job in your hone state...hope i answered some questions

Thanks for the information, It is very helpful. You mentioned housing allowance. How much housing allowance do you receive with your travel assignment because I am considering. Thanks.

Yack59 in Foley, Alabama

21 months ago

Traveling in Darlington, South Carolina said: Thanks for the information, It is very helpful. You mentioned housing allowance. How much housing allowance do you receive with your travel assignment because I am considering. Thanks.

My housing allowance was 515.00 each week. That depends on the area you are located. Mine was tax free because I own my home and I continue to pay for duplicate fees when traveling.

Traveling in Darlington, South Carolina

21 months ago

Yack59 in Foley, Alabama said: My housing allowance was 515.00 each week. That depends on the area you are located. Mine was tax free because I own my home and I continue to pay for duplicate fees when traveling.

Thank you for your expertise on this matter. Is this housing allowance separate from hourly wage or is it combined? Also need to know website information of the travel company you work for so I can look them up. Thank you.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.