Physician Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (583) - Start a Discussion

Olechka in Griffin, Georgia

Updated 23 months ago

Shadowing Physician Assistant in Metro ATL,GA - 1 Reply

I am a pre-PA student and I am looking for the opportunity to shadow a physician assistant. Can anyone help me to find the opportunity?

Olechka in Griffin, Georgia

Updated 23 months ago

Job Shadow - 71 Replies

Just wondering if any PA's in the Minneapolis area would be willing to allow me to shadow them. I am currently applying for PA school, and any...

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 24 months ago

CUNY-YORK PA SCHOOL, INTERVIEW HELP! - 5 Replies

Hi, I selected for an interview at CUNY-YORK PA SCHOOL. It is coming up very soon. Can anyone provide some tips as to what I can do to...

sara1234 in Maine

Updated 24 months ago

How important is school rank for getting a PA job after school? - 2 Replies

I am trying to decide between a school of very high ranking that is in a location I do not desire to live in during or after school, versus a school...

MyG in Pompano Beach, Florida

Step to become a Physician assistant?

Hello my internet friends I'm 27 and my future goal is to be one day become a PA but right now i Just pass my GED test and I'm planing on going to...

PAS13 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Looking for a Preceptor Specializing in Plastic Surgery

I'm a Physician Assistant student about to start my clinical year and I'd like to spend one of my elective rotations in Plastic Surgery. I live in S....

Wayne05 in Castro Valley, California

Updated 25 months ago

How and where to acquire clinical hours in order to apply for P.A. program? - 1 Reply

I am beginning my required prerequisite courses at school to be eligible to apply for a P.A. program, but I am also required to accumulate 3,000...

haydens mommy in North Carolina

Updated 25 months ago

Please help! To become a PA..!! - 1 Reply

Hello, everybody! I am Min, 24 years old and mother of 2yrs old daughter.. its going to be little bit long, so sorry about that advanced.. unfortun...

Ramy Elsayyad in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 25 months ago

Does a State college Bachelors degree matter to become a PA? - 4 Replies

Hello, I am considering the field of P.A and have a few questions. I am currently attending a state college and I almost have my A.A degree. I...

Antoinette in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Updated 25 months ago

Bachelor's Degree - 152 Replies

I thought I already posted this, but I'm not seeing it on here anymore, so I'm not sure what happened. Anyway, I am really interested in becoming a...

NeverGiveUp! in Langhorne, Pennsylvania

Updated 26 months ago

Finding a job after failing PANCE - 10 Replies

I am a reasonably new grad (May 2009) who failed the PANCE, but I passed in March 2010 and I am now on the job market. I have had several...

SP023 in Sugar Land, Texas

Updated 27 months ago

Physician Assistant Interview Questions - 29 Replies

I need help from students who have interviewed with TTUHSC or UNTHSC. I have no clue about their interview format. I am expecting to interview with...

Miguel G in Bowling Green, Kentucky

Updated 27 months ago

Low Undergraduate GPA...What to do? - 7 Replies

I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences, but unfortunately my GPA is around a 2.5, which is under the minimum GPA requirement of...

jortega in Los Angeles, California

Updated 27 months ago

Currentle CNA certified and working on a Bio Human Health Science major - 1 Reply

I am currently CAN certified and working on my Biology Human Health Science major. I am curious what jobs are out there for me that would be a more...

Johnny1919 in Mesa, Arizona

PA or What?

I am an LPN of 30yrs, and I have just completed my BS in Health Care admin with a 3.8 GPA. I want to become a PA but at this time, I am unsure if the...

Steven in Houston, Texas

Shadowing a PA in the Houston/Sugar Land area

Hi, I am trying to apply to PA school and needed some shadowing experiences with a PA in any field. preferably ER. If any PA would let me shadow...

Kristen in Leawood, Kansas

How long until hearing back after interview

I was wondering how long it took, for those of you who have had an interview, before hearing back from the school. In regards to acceptance and...

SeanMcG in Danville, Pennsylvania

Contemplating going back to school for PA..

I'm currently an RVT (Registered Vascular Ultrasound Technologist). I'm seriously thinking of applying to a local college to persue an MS and become...

jrapa86 in Dover, New Jersey

Updated 29 months ago

PhD. FOR PA - 1 Reply

Hello every one, Is any one know if the PA program going to be PhD. sooner or latter? Any link or info will be appreciated

Sean E Gam in Miami, Florida

Looking for PA to shadow in South Florida

Hi, I'm a senior at Florida State University and recently became interested in becoming a PA so am looking to find a PA that wouldn't mind me...

bewell in Irvington, New Jersey

getting into pa school

My grade point in 3.0 what schools should I apply to?

Nguyt15 in Hollywood, Florida

PAs to shadow

Hi everyone, I'm starting my senior year this fall and I'm hoping to find some physician assistants out there who is willing to let me shadow them to...

Vaishub99 in Waterbury, Connecticut

How long to hear back from PA job shadowing?

I met a person who is responsible for job shadowing at Waterbury Hospital on June 29th and I already filled out application at that day. She said...

Kris in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 31 months ago

New York PA Program Reviews/Reputations!?! - 12 Replies

I am starting to look into Master's PA programs in and around New York City. Can anyone speak to the reputations of the area schools including NYIT,...

Ashlynn in Salt Lake City, Utah

Can what a dental hygienist does be considered "direct patient care"?

I'm working on a BS in dental hygiene, but am starting to consider physician assistant as a career instead. Most PA programs require at least 2000...

AMae in Dover, Delaware

Medical scribe or EMT as better experience for PA school?

Hello! I am almost finished my undergrad degree and am planning on applying to PA school next year. I have some experience hours but not as many as I...

shirazi11 in Brownsville, Texas

shadowing a pa in Lubbock texas

Does anyone know where I can find a PA to shadow in Lubbock??

BabiieLove88 in Riverside, California

Updated 32 months ago

Charles Drew University, Los Angeles - 43 Replies

Have anybody gone to this University for their PA program? If so, how was your experience in the school? Is it hard to get into the program?

Alexanda in Columbia, South Carolina

A few questions about becoming a PA

Hi, Im 26 and Im in school getting a B.S in cardiovascular technology so I can be a cardiac sonographer. I will be done with courses next year and...

Bulldog Track in Clovis, California

Grades for Physicians Assistant school

My goal is to get into a Physicians Assistant program, and I need some input. This school year a couple crucial science grades of mine slipped to Cs....

Jade in Ocala, Florida

Updated 32 months ago

Do i go for a A.S or M.S - 1 Reply

So for the last few months I have been seriously thinking about going to PA school after I get my M.B.A...Will it make a difference if I already have...

DYCemployee in Buffalo, New York

Updated 32 months ago

D'youville College PA Program?? - 11 Replies

Hi! Anyone who has/is currently attending the DYC physician assistant program, 1) How did you like it? 2) Is the work extensive, as you are...

Reaaaaly in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Updated 33 months ago

Prior experience before applying to PA schools - 1 Reply

Hi all- I am extremely interested in becoming a PA and was wondering about prior experience. I am currently completing my internship in order...

JonSm in Los Angeles, California

Updated 33 months ago

Touro college physician assistant program - 4 Replies

I am applying to Touro College for their Physicians assistant program. I was wondering what GPA and prior experience in the field was for anyone who...

NeedHelp! in Irvine, California

Updated 33 months ago

Physicians Assistants please help me!!!! - 4 Replies

I want to become a physicians assistant but i have a low gpa. I AM A junior in highschool with a 3.25 gpa. My math and science gpa combined is a 3.0....

Maggylp in Oakland, California

Updated 33 months ago

Dermatology PA (Bay Area, California) any job opening? - 9 Replies

Hi, anyone know of any Derm PA positions, in or around San Francisco or San Jose area? Thank you for your help :-).

Trish88 in Orlando, Florida

Updated 34 months ago

Nova Orlando - 118 Replies

Has anyone else gotten into the Nova Orlando program and is going there?

Norma in New York, New York

Updated 34 months ago

Anatomy & Physiology - 9 Replies

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum. I've been reading a lot of posts and getting a lot of great information that will help me in my quest to become...

Sarah in Athens, Ohio

Updated 34 months ago

Doing everything and more to get into PA program of choice. - 1 Reply

At my college, there is about 12 of us in my circle, all ranging from 3.8 to my 4.0 gpa, who feel like we arent good enough to get into the PA...

roadkiller in Palo Alto, California

Updated 34 months ago

CLS/MT to PA? - 3 Replies

I understand PA schools are very competitive and my GPA isn't great by any means (2.69). I have a BS in biology with no healthcare experience but...

VaishnaviB in Rochester, New York

Need advices!

Hi everybody, I would really need many advices I can. I am in my fourth year at undergraduate school, majoring in Biology. First of the all, my...

sara1234 in Maine

Updated 34 months ago

do I even have a chance in getting into PA school? - 4 Replies

I was a math major, bio minor in college, science GPA of 3.0, cumulative 3.4 graduated in 2007 and have been working as a middle school math teacher...

Future PA in New York, New York

Updated 34 months ago

Lack of "Direct Patient Care" Experience a Problem? - 5 Replies

I just graduated from Lehigh University in May, having completed all the pre-med requirements (a year of bio, a year of general chem, a year of...

avnicole in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Shadowing

Hi, I am looking for the opportunity to shadow a physician assistant in either the Philadelphia area (where I attend college) or the Houston area...

ak0516 in Ridgewood, New Jersey

Pennsylvania college of tech PA program confusion

Hey guys the PA program offered by PCT, is it a masters program or a bachelors? I am a third year bio student with a 3.0 gpa average and I will go to...

bcnic5 in Indianapolis, Indiana

Updated 35 months ago

PA jobs abroad - 4 Replies

Hi, I am thinking of applying for the PA postgraduate diploma in the UK. However, as it is a new job here in the UK I would like to ask PAs from the...

anon85251 in Scottsdale, Arizona

Drug Convictions and Licensure/Employment

I have two dismissed drug charges on my public record. Each were felony charges upon arrest in 2000. A "possession of marijuana" was dismissed...

WantsToBeaPA in Brooklyn, New York

Tour Manhattan Interviews?

Does anybody know how long after the application deadline passes does it take for a school to notify you whether or not you are chosen for an...

Morgan Burch in Kennesaw, Georgia

Physician's Assistant School Application

I could really use some advice on my PA school application! I am inquiring to see if anyone can please tell me how drastically a withdrawal from a...

Zoreh in Huntington Station, New York

Updated 35 months ago

PA job Market - 2 Replies

I recently graduated and have a bachelors degree in Nuclear medicine technology but I cannot find a job, is the job market good for PA's I was...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.