Physician Assistant Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (590) - Start a Discussion

sara1234 in Maine

Updated 39 months ago

do I even have a chance in getting into PA school? - 4 Replies

I was a math major, bio minor in college, science GPA of 3.0, cumulative 3.4 graduated in 2007 and have been working as a middle school math teacher...

Future PA in New York, New York

Updated 40 months ago

Lack of "Direct Patient Care" Experience a Problem? - 5 Replies

I just graduated from Lehigh University in May, having completed all the pre-med requirements (a year of bio, a year of general chem, a year of...

avnicole in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Shadowing

Hi, I am looking for the opportunity to shadow a physician assistant in either the Philadelphia area (where I attend college) or the Houston area...

ak0516 in Ridgewood, New Jersey

Pennsylvania college of tech PA program confusion

Hey guys the PA program offered by PCT, is it a masters program or a bachelors? I am a third year bio student with a 3.0 gpa average and I will go to...

bcnic5 in Indianapolis, Indiana

Updated 40 months ago

PA jobs abroad - 3 Replies

Hi, I am thinking of applying for the PA postgraduate diploma in the UK. However, as it is a new job here in the UK I would like to ask PAs from the...

anon85251 in Scottsdale, Arizona

Drug Convictions and Licensure/Employment

I have two dismissed drug charges on my public record. Each were felony charges upon arrest in 2000. A "possession of marijuana" was dismissed...

WantsToBeaPA in Brooklyn, New York

Tour Manhattan Interviews?

Does anybody know how long after the application deadline passes does it take for a school to notify you whether or not you are chosen for an...

Morgan Burch in Kennesaw, Georgia

Physician's Assistant School Application

I could really use some advice on my PA school application! I am inquiring to see if anyone can please tell me how drastically a withdrawal from a...

Zoreh in Huntington Station, New York

Updated 41 months ago

PA job Market - 2 Replies

I recently graduated and have a bachelors degree in Nuclear medicine technology but I cannot find a job, is the job market good for PA's I was...

mg in Boca Raton, Florida

Updated 41 months ago

i want to get into a pa program in atlanta georgia, i have a 2.65 gpa any takes on my chances to get in..or where i should star? - 3 Replies

I'm smart, in one year I came from a 3.5 to a 2.65 I was in honors, made the deans list before all that, due to the loss of my siblings things...

waterswan in Center Valley, Pennsylvania

Updated 41 months ago

BS/MS Physician Assistant Programs......have you applied/attended one? - 59 Replies

Ok so I have applied to 7 of these types of programs: DeSales D’Youville Kings Springfield Rochester Institute of technology Gannon Seton...

Carol in Birmingham, Alabama

Updated 41 months ago

medical terminology - 12 Replies

I am applying to PA schools, and a couple of them require a medical terminology course. Has anyone taken this online? It has to be a course for...

Jinx in Everett, Washington

Interested in Contacting PAs and Current PA students in Washington

Hello, I am interested in meeting current PAs and PA-Students to briefly interview and possibly shadow. I am really interested in the MEDEX...

Eugene in Everett, Washington

Taking Pre-Reqs at Community College--does it affect your application?

Hello, I recently graduated from a 4 year institution and planning on taking pre-reqs at a community college to save money. I know each school is...

Vijal Patel in Edison, New Jersey

Updated 41 months ago

Touro College Pa program - 5 Replies

I am shadowing a PA at Winthrop hospital who told me that Touro's pa program is not very reputable and if it were up to him he would not hire PA's...

Updated 41 months ago

Deferring Admission at Touro College? PLEASE HELP - 2 Replies

I want to know if it is possible to deffer admission for the PA program at Touro College? For example defer the admission from january 2012 to...

Student in Mount Prospect, Illinois

Updated 41 months ago

Barry University PA program - 12 Replies

Has anyone heard from or been accepted to Barry's Fall 2011 PA program? Have you interviewed? What was it like? I'd love to hear from any of you...

cm in Spring Hill, Florida

prerequesites

just wondering for those who got in to PA school, how old were your prerequesites for PA. and did you get in or have an interview. I would like to...

PA in Macon, Georgia

Updated 41 months ago

Mercer University PA? - 1 Reply

How good is Mercer University in GA for M.S Physician assistant program? Any idea? It is not rated in US news at all. Does it mean its not a very...

Domino23 in Edgewater, Florida

Interview for Nova Southeastern Ft. Myers

Going for an interview soon, just wondering what the process was like? (i.e. did they have an essay question, what was the essay question, and what...

Ayshia in Miami, Florida

Updated 41 months ago

What are my chances of getting into a PA program? - 6 Replies

Greetings! I am a recent college graduate from FIU and i just recently applied to MDC PA program and get denied. I went all the way to the...

tippytoes in Bethel, Connecticut

Updated 41 months ago

Upcoming Interview at UW-Madison - 3 Replies

I'm wondering if anybody has advice for an upcoming PA School interview at the UW-Madison. This is the only school I've applied to and I'd love to...

jcham in Edmond, Oklahoma

Updated 41 months ago

Physician Assistant in Orlando, FL - Nova University - 14 Replies

Hi Everyone, I am looking for some helpful information. I have my BSBA through Walden University. Now I am very interested in pursuing my P.A. Degree...

Donna Bonner in Aiken, South Carolina

Updated 42 months ago

Medical College of Georgia PA Program - Difficult to get accepted? - 1 Reply

I am currently a sophmore biology major, interested in becoming a PA. I have a 3.3 GPA and would like to attend the Medical College of Georgia's PA...

Jody in Gainesville, Georgia

Updated 42 months ago

Do I have a shot at getting into PA School with my grades so far - 2 Replies

Here are my grades so far: Bio I- B+ Bio II- A- Chem I- C (I KNOW, I am totally debating whether I should retake this or not :/). Genetics-...

Thomas in New York, New York

Interview Timeframe

When are most interviews scheduled? I have applied to many schools (applications received mid october) for this CASPA cycle but have only received 3...

powerpress75 in Wichita, Kansas

Updated 42 months ago

Too old for PA school? - 7 Replies

Well, I graduate in May as a Respiratory Therapist and plan to work as an RT while getting my Bachelor's of RT through the University of Kansas...

Medhome in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Updated 42 months ago

Does the army take physicians assistants? - 2 Replies

I just got accepted into a PA program in Florida. My dad joined the army before getting a Master's degree and suggested I look into doing the same...

Medhome in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Updated 42 months ago

Taking a semester off in PA school? - 8 Replies

I wanted to know if it is possible to take a semester off from PA school for urgent reasons? Or be able to take a few days off in a semester for a...

mackpack in Nassau, Bahamas

Updated 42 months ago

I am so LOST!!!! Please HELP - 26 Replies

I knew I always wanted to become a PA. Now that I am a freshman in a community college I dont know where to begin. Do i need to get an Associates...

feladoo in Johnstown, Colorado

Colorado PA Program Red Rocks

I'm considering the two PA programs in Colorado, UCDenver and Redrocks... anyone know anything or can link me to reviews of Red Rocks in Colorado?...

Paul Haridas in Kuwait, Kuwait

Updated 43 months ago

physician assistant - 2 Replies

i want to start my carrer in physician assistant but i want to know how long does it take to finish physician assistant and but kind classes i have...

Eric in Hackensack, New Jersey

Updated 43 months ago

How Important are the GREs - 1 Reply

I've just received my GRE scores and was very pleased with the scores on the math, but the verbal and analytical writing were not as strong. How...

Eric in Hackensack, New Jersey

Updated 43 months ago

Hofstra University Interview Suggestions - 3 Replies

Just wondering if anyone interviewed at Hofstra before, My interview is coming up very soon and I wanted to know how their interview sessions ran...

Updated 43 months ago

PA school admission - 8 Replies

Hi everyone. I finished my CASPA application and supplemental applications to PA school about a month ago (exhale!) and am now praying for interview...

Kevin Huynh in Salt Lake City, Utah

Steps Toward PA School, Starting in HS

Hi, I'm currently a junior in high school and I would like to start taking steps to becoming a PA. My GPA is 3.76 and I take all honors/ap courses in...

csmith10 in Alhambra, California

Updated 43 months ago

PA and Clinical Psychology - 4 Replies

I have been searching for a while looking for an answer but can't find much. I read a few articles about how PAs are needed in the mental health...

Paramedic23 in Dallas, Texas

Updated 43 months ago

Physicians Assistant Programs? - 1 Reply

Hello! I am a freshman in high school, and it may be too young to already be thinking about this, but I have a few questions. 1. Are there any...

TaviaMagallon in Fresno, California

Physician Assistant Info, HELP!!

Hi, im going to graduate in June 2012 so pretty soon. Im going to CSU Fresno and plan to get a bachelors degree and then go to Visalia for the...

Jennyfish in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 43 months ago

MEDEX Interview process - 1 Reply

Does anyone have any advice or knowledge into the U-Washington MEDEX interview process? Any help is greatly appreciated! MEDEX is BY FAR my top...

Tired of Waiting in Jacksonville, Florida

Is "New Grad Physician Assistant" is curse word in FL or what?

I recently graduated from a PA school in the Midwest and moved to FL because my husband is already employed here. I thought rather than uproot him...

Katie in Hartford, Connecticut

PA hours

What is the best way to get all the hours needed for PA school?

supz in Bangalore, India

H1B or GC FOR PA ?

Dear all, I live in US on H4 visa ,completed Masters in Microbiology from India and would like to pursue M.S in Physician assistant. But when I...

AJ in Cordova, Tennessee

Updated 44 months ago

PhD after working as a PA - 2 Replies

I would really like to know more about this. How do PA's get involved? What type of opportunities are available for PA's to advance their career by...

AJ in Cordova, Tennessee

Updated 44 months ago

Weaknesses in PA applications - 1 Reply

I am for some advice about how to write about weaknesses in a PA essay. What kinds of things to include, but mostly what NOT to include.

Jan in Lawrenceville, Georgia

Updated 44 months ago

nova interviews - 3 Replies

Has anyone gotten an interview for NOVA yet for the class that starts May/june of 2012?

Carlos in Statesboro, Georgia

Georgia Health Science University (Formerly Medical College of Georgia) Questions

Has anyone been accepted there or currently a student there. I have gathered as much info as I can but haven't had any contact with anyone who has...

MileHigh in Racine, Wisconsin

Updated 44 months ago

PA-Schools in Georgia/Florida - 1 Reply

I'm an Athletic Training Major at Georgia Southern University. I'm highly interested in being a Physician Assistant and am planning on applying to...

NSA1986 in Roseville, Michigan

Detailed Question Would I be able to Start a Graduate PA program, if I have a Bachelor's of Business & Finance, with a 4.0 GPA?

Hello, Thank you everyone for your time and efforts reading this post. I have been on the fence back and forth between pursuing a Degree in...

Dboyz in Youngstown, Ohio

Looking for PA program; medical issues.

Hey guys. I have been searching for a PA program particularly in Ohio or Western P.A. However, I am looking for a night program, if one exists. I am...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.