Admissions with Low GPA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 351)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

BetterHealthcare in Atlanta, Georgia

34 months ago

V said: Good luck to you. I applied to five and have recd two rejection letters so far. This is my second year applying. I have a 3.6 GPA and a 3.0 Science GPA.

V,

You just have to be persistent, keep in mind the admission committee is looking at more than good GPAs. Hopefully, your GRE/MCAT scores were competitive; along with all of the other requirements.

Good luck in getting accepted into a PA program.

M
DHSc, PA-C

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

TrevTampa in Tampa, Florida said: Thanks for the encouragement. Unfortunately, NOVA told me that I fall just barely short of their point total for an interview. I am supposed to send multiple letters of rec. to the admissions woman and she is going to try and convince the admissions committee to give me an interview. I'm not very optimistic.

Hopefully Barry will interview me.

TrevTampa

I know rejection can be very disheartening, but DO NOT let it keep you from seeing the prize at the end. If a program official is willing to work on your behalf, PLEASE take advantage of the offer even if it turns out to be hollow. At this point “you have nothing to really lose, but on the other hand you have everything to lose” (Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub).

Stay focus and be persistent and GOOD LUCK with Barry.

M
DHSc, PA-C

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TrevTampa in Tampa, Florida

34 months ago

BetterHealthcare in Atlanta, Georgia said: TrevTampa

I know rejection can be very disheartening, but DO NOT let it keep you from seeing the prize at the end. If a program official is willing to work on your behalf, PLEASE take advantage of the offer even if it turns out to be hollow. At this point “you have nothing to really lose, but on the other hand you have everything to lose” (Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub).

Stay focus and be persistent and GOOD LUCK with Barry.

M
DHSc, PA-C

Yah. I have 2 RN's, my department manager (also an RN), the Directer of Nursing at St. Anthony's, 2 MD's, 1 DPT, and 2 former students who just graduated (1 from DPT and 1 from Optometry both from NOVA) all writing me Letters of Rec. I'm going to pull out all the stops but you are right, if i dont get in i will simply improve my resume as much as i can and try again next year.

In the grand scheme of things, waiting 1 year is nothing if that's what it takes for me to do this.

Thanks again.

Anstarrdrea in Omaha, Nebraska

34 months ago

I am transferring as an under grad from the u of m to Augsburg in Minneapolis, because they have a great MS PA program. Even though I'm not planning on getting in theirs (becausr its insanly compeditive) they specifically train their undergrads for their applicants to stand out. Those Of you that got rejected for a high GPA you must remember they are looking at much more. Augsburg says what makes an applicant compeditive: 3.2 or higher SCIENCE GPA, the rest barely matters. Shadowing a PA for an entire shift. At least 1000 hours of direct to patient experience, and the big one the sets apps apart: volunteer community experience in a poverty neighborhood/communit. Most PA schools will accept the 3.2 with a story and experience over the 3.7 with nothing but grades to show. Remember, this is a step down from medical school, pre med students fill all of their extra time with research school jobs and volunteer hospital jobs, treat it as though your going to med school.

34 months ago

Anstarrdrea in Omaha, Nebraska said: I am transferring as an under grad from the u of m to Augsburg in Minneapolis, because they have a great MS PA program. Even though I'm not planning on getting in theirs (becausr its insanly compeditive) they specifically train their undergrads for their applicants to stand out. Those Of you that got rejected for a high GPA you must remember they are looking at much more. Augsburg says what makes an applicant compeditive: 3.2 or higher SCIENCE GPA, the rest barely matters. Shadowing a PA for an entire shift. At least 1000 hours of direct to patient experience, and the big one the sets apps apart: volunteer community experience in a poverty neighborhood/communit. Most PA schools will accept the 3.2 with a story and experience over the 3.7 with nothing but grades to show. Remember, this is a step down from medical school, pre med students fill all of their extra time with research school jobs and volunteer hospital jobs, treat it as though your going to med school.

I have all of those things except for I volunteered in Rehab (Phys Therapy and Occu Therapy) not in a poverty neighborhood and i have yet to receive an interview anywhere (Sci GPA is a 3.26)

I sure hope you're right, lol

anstarrdrea in Minneapolis, Minnesota

34 months ago

TrevTampa in Tampa, Florida said: I have all of those things except for I volunteered in Rehab (Phys Therapy and Occu Therapy) not in a poverty neighborhood and i have yet to receive an interview anywhere (Sci GPA is a 3.26)

yeah, it doesn't come to much of a surprise. it's insanely competitive, and i know you can do everything right and still not get in. what about your letter of recommendations? i know that can be very helpful. i've had friends that were very qualified, but they still made them get their RN license and work in a hospital for a year before they would accept them.

stef in Richmond, Virginia

34 months ago

HI so i need advice. I graduate this DEC fall 2011 from VCU with a biology major and chem minor. I have a low gpa with a 2.56 although my gpa is low I still went ahead and applied for pa school. I plan on getting my phlebotomy cert. after graduation and attain more health care experience. I have worked throughout college till my junior year. I have done breast cancer research, volunteered at hospitals for 2 years, volunteered at free clinics taking vital signs, and shadowed PA. I did extremely bad my junior year in college getting D's in orgo and genetics. I retook the classes and got B's. I am still taking advanced biology courses such as biochemistry, etc. I just need advice as what to do if i do not get into pa school this year. should i retake my prereq? or attain my work experience?

Vanessa Iglesias in El Paso, Texas

34 months ago

So I just received my first rejection letter. I was sad but I have to think positive and trust my God that everything will work out for me. I do feel that my age (23) has me in a disadvantage to receive an interview tho :(

34 months ago

Vanessa Iglesias in El Paso, Texas said: So I just received my first rejection letter. I was sad but I have to think positive and trust my God that everything will work out for me. I do feel that my age (23) has me in a disadvantage to receive an interview tho :(

DO NOT GIVE UP!! be positive and continue being persistent, you will make it!! What was your gpa? did they say why they rejected you??

34 months ago

stef in Richmond, Virginia said: DO NOT GIVE UP!! be positive and continue being persistent, you will make it!! What was your gpa? did they say why they rejected you??

thank you! I won't give up, I still need to hear from 7 other programs.:)... And the letter did not say why I was rejected. My overall gpa is low, 3.2, but I have a good science gpa. I've volunteered with many non profit organizations in my community that helped serve the less fortunate, shadowed in peds, family practice, and in a urgent care night clinic, I also worked in research at my university..... I am fresh out of college and only 23 do u believe that might be a disadvantage because there were probably other applicants who had far more experience than I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Yea, there are so many older people who are applying who have much more experience because they have been working in the health field as emt,rn,cna,etc.I'm in the same boat well actually worse I have a very low gpa and have volunteered in the hospital,free clinics, shadowed and done research. I do not know what to do to raise my gpa since i graduate this dec and i'm 23 as well.

34 months ago

stef in Richmond, Virginia said: Yea, there are so many older people who are applying who have much more experience because they have been working in the health field as emt,rn,cna,etc.I'm in the same boat well actually worse I have a very low gpa and have volunteered in the hospital,free clinics, shadowed and done research. I do not know what to do to raise my gpa since i graduate this dec and i'm 23 as well.

oh wow 23? I'm so happy to hear from u then. We can keep each other posted :)... All my friends applied to med school, I was the only person I knew that applied to PA school so it's nice to hear 23 year olds r applying haha because all I hear r older applicants with far more experience. Well it seems like u and i have similar backgrounds. How many schools did u apply to? And with ur gpa maybe u should retake some classes? Or just make sure u get all A's this semester haha... I hope we hear from someone if not I'll reapply again next year. I'll be moving to NY in January so maybe I can shadow PAs there and try to improve my app.

34 months ago

Vanessa Iglesias in El Paso, Texas said: oh wow 23? I'm so happy to hear from u then. We can keep each other posted :)... All my friends applied to med school, I was the only person I knew that applied to PA school so it's nice to hear 23 year olds r applying haha because all I hear r older applicants with far more experience. Well it seems like u and i have similar backgrounds. How many schools did u apply to? And with ur gpa maybe u should retake some classes? Or just make sure u get all A's this semester haha... I hope we hear from someone if not I'll reapply again next year. I'll be moving to NY in January so maybe I can shadow PAs there and try to improve my app.

Oh you are from New York,what part? My dad lives in long island. Yea I will retake some classes I guess I am not sure I registered to take 10 week course to become cert. as a phelobotimist that way I would be able to obtain more health care experience. Are you currently working in the health field? I applied to 8 different schools[NOVA,HOWARD,JEFFERSON HEALTH COLLEGE,SUNY,LOMA LINDA,WESTERN UNIVERSITY,TOURO]

34 months ago

stef in Richmond, Virginia said: Oh you are from New York,what part? My dad lives in long island. Yea I will retake some classes I guess I am not sure I registered to take 10 week course to become cert. as a phelobotimist that way I would be able to obtain more health care experience. Are you currently working in the health field? I applied to 8 different schools[NOVA,HOWARD,JEFFERSON HEALTH COLLEGE,SUNY,LOMA LINDA,WESTERN UNIVERSITY,TOURO]

no I'm from Texas, I'm just moving there bc my sister is starting her residency as a physician in mount Vernon NY and she asked me to move for 6 months to watch her 7 month old baby. I have no health care work experience :/ that is y I volunteered every where including a hospital where I was a patient care volunteered, that was my health care experience. I worked through out college but I had jobs that worked with my school schedule like waitressing.... I also applied to 8 different schools.

Sprinkles in Brandon, Florida

34 months ago

Hey! I just wanted to let you guys know that you can get in straight out of college. I am 23 and I am in the middle of clinical rotations in my second year of PA school. Don't be discouraged! I remember how sad I felt when I got my first rejection letter. Just keep working hard and strengthening your applications! I wish you all the best!

34 months ago

Sprinkles in Brandon, Florida said: Hey! I just wanted to let you guys know that you can get in straight out of college. I am 23 and I am in the middle of clinical rotations in my second year of PA school. Don't be discouraged! I remember how sad I felt when I got my first rejection letter. Just keep working hard and strengthening your applications! I wish you all the best!

Congrats Sprinkles!!!:) I hope to be in the other side soon! Sprinkles what would you recommend I do if I have a really low gpa of a 2.56. I am a biology major with a chemistry minor.

34 months ago

Sprinkles in Brandon, Florida said: Hey! I just wanted to let you guys know that you can get in straight out of college. I am 23 and I am in the middle of clinical rotations in my second year of PA school. Don't be discouraged! I remember how sad I felt when I got my first rejection letter. Just keep working hard and strengthening your applications! I wish you all the best!

that's great!! I'm glad to hear that, it gives me hope!!! Today wasn't a good day for me because I received my first rejection letter but now I feel a lot better , thank u for ur response :)

34 months ago

Vanessa Iglesias in El Paso, Texas said: So I just received my first rejection letter. I was sad but I have to think positive and trust my God that everything will work out for me. I do feel that my age (23) has me in a disadvantage to receive an interview tho :(

Vanessa Iglesias,

I am truly sorry to read, you received a rejection letter, but I LOVE your spirit and determination to not let go of what you really want to do in life.

Although it is believe that along with age comes wisdom, but one can clearly see in our society that is not entirely true; therefore, your age likely did not play a role in your rejection. Either way you are exhibiting a trait that will shine through and land you a spot in a very good PA program soon.

Keep at it and good luck!

M
DHSc, PA-C

34 months ago

BetterHealthcare in Atlanta, Georgia said: Vanessa Iglesias,

I am truly sorry to read, you received a rejection letter, but I LOVE your spirit and determination to not let go of what you really want to do in life.

Although it is believe that along with age comes wisdom, but one can clearly see in our society that is not entirely true; therefore, your age likely did not play a role in your rejection. Either way you are exhibiting a trait that will shine through and land you a spot in a very good PA program soon.

Keep at it and good luck!

M
DHSc, PA-C

Thank you for the wonderful response. It truly touched me. I do believe that I will be placed in a great program. I will continue to stay positive. ;) Thank you!

Sana in New York, New York

34 months ago

Anyone here applying to any New York PA programs?? Please let me know.
Thank You :)

Sana in New York, New York

34 months ago

Anyone here applying or applied to any PA program in New York? Please let me know. Thank You. :)

DeAnne in Sterling, Virginia

33 months ago

Hello all! What a great place to vent about all our PA issues! Hehe..I've applied to 10 schools this year--3 rejected me--no invites for interviews from the others. I think it's time for me to be a pest and e-mail/call them everyday until I get an answer. My science GPA=2.9 and cumGPA=2.8. Only got 800 on GRE, but on the plus side I have 1500+ volunteer experience as an EMT-B and 3000+hrs as a PharmTech. I retook Human A&P and got an A..Organic=A/B..Microbio=B..Genetics=B. Unfortunately, CASPA calculates EVERYTHING which makes me look like a looser. I think about PA school DAY&NIGHT. I'm basically obsessed with becoming a PA. I feel like it's my calling and only until then will I be living up to my maximum potential!

Nicole in Burlington, Kentucky

33 months ago

DeAnne,
It sounds like we are in similar situations. However, don't be discouraged and continue to work hard. I applied to several schools and I was declined by many. Those rejection letters hurt but when I get that one invite... I will get in.
So best of luck to you.

sergiu251990 in Avon Lake, Ohio

33 months ago

ok so i'm second year in Community college and was really interested in the PA program they offer at Cleveland State, my gpa right now is 2.45 i think around that area. I took Anatomy 1 and dropped it becz i was not focused at school around that time, now that im really serious about going all the way to the top ha.. WHat would you guys think about the program if i had a bit of a hard time in Anatomy 1.. Is it worth the time of trying if i dont have that good experience with health care. And also my English is not that good will that be an issue!.

SpartanGuar in Lansing, Michigan

33 months ago

Sana in New York, New York said: Anyone here applying or applied to any PA program in New York? Please let me know. Thank You. :)

Sana, I just recently applied to St.John's, Daemen and Hofstra. No word back yet but hoping to hear back soon.

LostInThought in Pompano Beach, Florida

33 months ago

TrevTampa in Tampa, Florida said: I have all of those things except for I volunteered in Rehab (Phys Therapy and Occu Therapy) not in a poverty neighborhood and i have yet to receive an interview anywhere (Sci GPA is a 3.26)

Have you heard from Barry yet?

sana in New York, New York

33 months ago

SpartanGuar in Lansing, Michigan said: Sana, I just recently applied to St.John's, Daemen and Hofstra. No word back yet but hoping to hear back soon.

Hey, I applied to New York, St John's University.

sonia in Glenside, Pennsylvania

33 months ago

I'm currently in optometry school (first semester) and I'm thinking to drop out and pursue another health profession- most probably PA. i will not find a job with optometry which i realized after starting school so therefore i have no interest completing 4 years and being in 150k+ debt just to maybe have a part-time job.

in undergrad., i had a 2.96 gpa. and somehow i got accepted into optometry. are PA gpa requirements close to 3.0 or higher? i also had a D and an F on my transcript because of organic chem 1 and 2, but i did retake it and got a C and C+. would this be ok for admissions? I have also researched more info. about PA, and is it true that most schools want close to 500 hours of shadowing done before applying?

Lastly, would you recommend the switch from optometry to PA? I want to be in the health profession but i also want to make a decent amount ($80k at least)?

SpartanGuar in Lansing, Michigan

33 months ago

sana in New York, New York said: Hey, I applied to New York, St John's University.[/QUOTE

Sana, what are your application credentials like?

jeff in Marietta, Ohio

33 months ago

sonia in Glenside, Pennsylvania said: I'm currently in optometry school (first semester) and I'm thinking to drop out and pursue another health profession- most probably PA. i will not find a job with optometry which i realized after starting school so therefore i have no interest completing 4 years and being in 150k+ debt just to maybe have a part-time job.

in undergrad., i had a 2.96 gpa. and somehow i got accepted into optometry. are PA gpa requirements close to 3.0 or higher? i also had a D and an F on my transcript because of organic chem 1 and 2, but i did retake it and got a C and C+. would this be ok for admissions? I have also researched more info. about PA, and is it true that most schools want close to 500 hours of shadowing done before applying?

Lastly, would you recommend the switch from optometry to PA? I want to be in the health profession but i also want to make a decent amount ($80k at least)?

Depends on the school, really, but... Most schools I've researched require 3.0 in science and each required science class, specifically organic chem 1 and 2. CASPA also calculates ALL grades for your GPA so the D and F will still count. There is no grade forgiveness taken into account. You're looking at a low D average for those 2 classes. The programs also require direct care experience, not shadowing, and many want 3000 hrs.(2 years work experience as an RN, RT, PTA, OTA, Rad. Tech, etc.)

The PA profession was designed for healthcare workers to transition into medicine. I would not drop out of optometry to pursue PA if I were you.

AlexisA

33 months ago

I was wondering if anyone knew how much military healthcare experience weighs in our admissions? I've been an EMT in the Air Force for over 8 years (2 years in fam practice/flight med, 2 years emergency services, and currently in aeromedical staging as a reservist) including a year long deployment. My cumm GPA is not amazing by any means (2.95) with my science GPA around the same. I am retaking a couple pre-reqs this semester and breezing through with A's.I'm also working per diem at a hospital. I had issues with time management in the past that unfortunately negatively impacted my grades. I've applied to 7 programs, been rejected by 2. My top choices now are Oregon Health and Science U, Western and Nova-Ft.Lauderdale. I took my GRE a week after returning from deployment and got close to an 1100.

ggal in Winchester, Virginia

33 months ago

I think your experience sounds amazing! Unfortunately, I also believe 3.0 is the min. for most programs so it might be difficult to score an interview if you have not completed your pre recs yet. Be persistent without bugging the heck out of programs you haven't heard from yet. Make sure they have received your scores (GRE is great, mine was only 1060 i believe, and I got in!) Diff programs weigh GRE differently. This will also let the programs know you are still interested :-D They want to interview people who are interested and not "on the fence." Ask what you could be doing in the meantime, or keep them up to date on possibly midterms or some means of progress in your pre recs. Best of luck :-)

Donna77 in Seattle, Washington

33 months ago

Being a first year PA student I am kind of flustered by the comments here.I keep reading all these rejections and I dont get it? I have read where prospective students have an RN for a reference? You need either a MD or a PA! Here is a little secret: PA programs say they are not bias to nurse but they are! The medical model is completely diffrent. Have any of you shadowed a PA? I shadowed one (in orthopedics) for 6 months 16hrs a week, then I shadowed a primary care PA for the remainder of the year. This was all done in early 2010. If you want to get it you need to stand out, and it is just getting harder because now you have MD's from other countries taking the spots as well as the rejected med school students. Here are some tips:
1) S-H-A-D-O-W repeat this 100 times until it is ingrain in your head- this will show you if you are cut out to be a PA and you can handle the pressures and the stress
2) do your homework- do any of you know who was the first person to conceptionalise the PA role (heres a hint he was a Doctor) since PA schools are not standardized, and they have diffrent aims and philosophies from one another, choosing a school should not be a knee-jerk reaction, find out all you can about the school, then if it fits you-go crazy on the pre-req's!
3)Are you really ready? Can you be away from you family or friends for an extended period?
4) have a kick-butt narrative if your gpa isnt that good, 6 of my fellow students got in with a 2.8!! Remember a quest for grades does not recognize what type of PA you can be!
5) do you have direct patient care experince? NOT VOLUNTEER but direct PAID experince? If you don't do not even apply!
6)Have a plan B, yes it is expensive and paying that ridiculous $300 dollar caspa fee gets old.
My final words to you- dont stress out about it, create your plan and (I know it sounds corny) but follow thru!
And best if luck in getting that big white packet in the mail that says Welcome and congratulations!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Badhigh in Staunton, Virginia

33 months ago

Thanks for the tip Donna77. I was a business major in undergrad and Ive been taking prereqs ever since to apply to PA school. So far Ive applied to (Trevecca Nazarene, Jefferson, Drexel, Eastern in VA, Chatham, New England) 2 rejections so far. My GPA situation is similar, 2.8 overall, 3.05 science. I have shadowed PA's, worked 2000 hrs of patient care and got PA's to write my recommendations. Plus my overall GPA on work after college is a 3.45. I also got certified in phlebotomy. I just need that interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Badhigh in Staunton, Virginia said: Thanks for the tip Donna77. I was a business major in undergrad and Ive been taking prereqs ever since to apply to PA school. So far Ive applied to (Trevecca Nazarene, Jefferson, Drexel, Eastern in VA, Chatham, New England) 2 rejections so far. My GPA situation is similar, 2.8 overall, 3.05 science. I have shadowed PA's, worked 2000 hrs of patient care and got PA's to write my recommendations. Plus my overall GPA on work after college is a 3.45. I also got certified in phlebotomy. I just need that interview.

I hear you man. I am in a very similar situation. 2.94 Overall, 3.26 Science GPA. 2000+ hours of paid experience (Behavioral Health), 200 hours volunteering (Physical Therapy), 5-10 hours shadowing (In the OR for surgeries). 1040 GRE.

No one will even touch me because of that stupid overall GPA. I'm hounding the admissions people, sending extra letters of rec...anything just to get an interview.

My best friend just got accepted this morning to Barry in St Pete too. I'm happy for him, but pretty down on myself.

32 months ago

Hi everyone! I just received an email from NYIT PA program that I am put on a waiting list. I'm trying to stay positive after receiving two rejection letters a month ago. Being on a waitlist is better than getting a rejection letter. I just want to know how I can stand out from that waiting list if spots do open up, any suggestions? Thank you!

-Vanessa Iglesias

SG6 in Sanford, Maine

32 months ago

sprinkles in Navarre, Florida said: Arcadia just rejected me today due to a noncompetitive GPA and I have a 3.4. Best of luck to you guys though!

Consider applying to a Nurse Practitioner program. In many states, you have more autonomy than a PA, and the admissions process generally takes more personal characteristics and essay writing skills into account which can offset a less competitive GPA. If you aren't an RN, there are a lot of "bridge programs" which allow you to get the RN while pursuing the MSN if you already have a BS or BA.

Mjb2012 in Humble, Texas

32 months ago

Did anyone apply to unt uthscsa utmb or bcm pa programs and hear back a definite yes or no already ? Just curious . I feel my application was competitive but have not heard yes to an interview or no .... Anyone have any input ? Thanks so much !!!

leif129 in Amherst, Massachusetts

32 months ago

Monisha in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I have a 2.5 gpa and I really want to get into pa school. Im trying to stay in school for an extra semester inorder to take the pre-reqs I need and to retake some classes. I had a few bad sems due to health related issues and now im still struggling but I dont want to graduate and not have anything to do. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good programs or just programs that I would get into( im so willing to relocate at this point). Pleas someone give me some advice.

Monisha,
I was admitted to a PA program with an overall GPA of 2.6. This was in 1992. I had 11 years of healthcare experience and went into the interview with attitude! If your academics show improvement, this is a positive. If you don't have any healthcare experience, get some. Become an EMT or CNA to get some experience. It doesn't take long to get that certification. Having a background in healthcare helps to compensate for a lower GPA.
Good Luck
Dave

32 months ago

Badhigh in Staunton, Virginia said: Thanks for the tip Donna77. I was a business major in undergrad and Ive been taking prereqs ever since to apply to PA school. So far Ive applied to (Trevecca Nazarene, Jefferson, Drexel, Eastern in VA, Chatham, New England) 2 rejections so far. My GPA situation is similar, 2.8 overall, 3.05 science. I have shadowed PA's, worked 2000 hrs of patient care and got PA's to write my recommendations. Plus my overall GPA on work after college is a 3.45. I also got certified in phlebotomy. I just need that interview.

I went to Trevecca. Good program. Dr Moredock a great mentor. I was admitted with a 2.6. Had 11 years healthcare experience and went into the interview with the attitude that I was going to Trevecca.Only school I applied to.
Dave

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

I went to Trevecca. Good program. Dr Moredock a great mentor. I was admitted with a 2.6. Had 11 years healthcare experience and went into the interview with the attitude that I was going to Trevecca.Only school I applied to.
Dave

Ryan in Garden City, New York

32 months ago

Vanessa Iglesias in El Paso, Texas said: Hi everyone! I just received an email from NYIT PA program that I am put on a waiting list. I'm trying to stay positive after receiving two rejection letters a month ago. Being on a waitlist is better than getting a rejection letter. I just want to know how I can stand out from that waiting list if spots do open up, any suggestions? Thank you!

-Vanessa Iglesias

Hey Vanessa,
I will be attending the NYIT PA program and just wanted to wish you the best of luck! The people there are really great, you'll love it there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sana in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

Ryan, do you mind telling me your GRE scores?

Marching_Eagle in Omaha, Nebraska

32 months ago

I am a freshman in College, and im studying to be a PA... I really want this degree, very badly, but my first semester has went down the drain due to 2 family crisis's... My GPA is 2.0... I have never had a GPA that low. I'm really worried, I failed my chem class, and got a C- in bio. Im retaking Chem, but should i re take Bio too? Is there ever any chance of me getting into PA school? I'm becoming a CNA, and gonna do some volunteer work too... I need some advise guys, please. This is my dream.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Im a freshman in College, and just about to start my second semester. My first semester went down the drain as I failed Chemistry, and got a C- in Bio. This was due to 2 Crisis's in my family... My gpa is a 2.0... I am panicking. I'm retaking Chem, but should i take Bio too? will it look bad? Im scared, to be PA is my biggest dream. Will i get into PA school if i get my act together? I just need some help here guys, what should i do? Thank you so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Ryan in Garden City, New York said: Hey Vanessa,
I will be attending the NYIT PA program and just wanted to wish you the best of luck! The people there are really great, you'll love it there.

Hi! That's great!! Congrats!! So how was their interview process? I'm sure nerve racking....I'm glad to hear that the people their r great. I'm excited!! I hope I fill a spot!
-Vanessa Iglesias

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jeff in Marietta, Ohio

32 months ago

Well, here are a couple things to consider. CASPA (which is the group that evaluates your grades) take ALL your grades into account. The C will still be there, not replaced. Also, if you didn't do well in Chem and Bio, how are you going to get through microbiology, organic chem, and inorganic chem?

You also need direct care experience like being a nurse, respiratory therapist, physical therapist, etc. of about 2000+ hours in most PA courses (which is 2 years)

I'd suggest to re-evaluate your planning

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

Im getting my CNA degree next semester so I can get lots of experience in a job that way. And also, i dont have a hard time with those classes, i can pass them in the future, its just this first semester that took its toll. I had a lot of family things to take care of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sana in Brooklyn, New York

32 months ago

Anyone here applied to St john's university PA program?

Ryan in Garden City, New York

32 months ago

Vanessa Iglesias in El Paso, Texas said: Hi! That's great!! Congrats!! So how was their interview process? I'm sure nerve racking....I'm glad to hear that the people their r great. I'm excited!! I hope I fill a spot!
-Vanessa Iglesias

I'll cross my fingers for you! Def. Let me know how everything pans out :)

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.