Contemplating going back to school for PA..

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

SeanMcG in Danville, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

I'm currently an RVT (Registered Vascular Ultrasound Technologist). I'm seriously thinking of applying to a local college to persue an MS and become a PA. I'm 24 and would like to make this decision faily soon. I currently only have an associates degree, so I would be in school for around 4-5 years fulltime. I've always wanted to be a PA, it would be my dream come true to get into cardiovascular surgery. My dilemma is, that I'm currently employed at a great hospital, with great pay. Jobs for my field are extremely limited, especially full-time. So to be honest part of me is pretty scared about the thought of taking the gamble to go back to school and giving up my job. I mean don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job (the people I work however, with are another thing!) but I've always wanted to further my education and obtaining an MS would be amazing. It's just that the thought of leaving my job with all of my current financial responsibilities (student loans, car payments etc) and going back to school full-time in an extremely intensive program is a bit daunting! Also, I've heard how competitive in can be to get into the programs. Hopefully my medically experience would help me in the selection process? Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thank You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.