God Bless Texas!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Olga in New York, New York

20 months ago

We have spent the last year in NYC, before that we lived in the midwest. My husband will lose his job in June, and we decided that we want to move to Texas and start over. I have stayed home during the past year, but before that I worked in Urology and Psychiatry. Was hoping some nice people in Texas might give me a little information.

Just got my licence in TX (yay!). The state says I need 40 CME hours. I want to know, does the state accept national CMEs that I already have to do (100 hours every two years) or will I have to do an additional 40 hours on top of that? Do you know how TX keeps tract of the CMEs (do you log them in on a website somewhere like we do for the NCCPA)?

We are trying to decide between Dallas and Houston. Which city do you think is better for a PA with my background?

Finally, are there any websites or groups that offer job leads specific to Dallas or Houston? I know I can look on indeed, etc, but I was wondering if there was anything a bit more local and specific to PAs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GreenLightStaffing in Coral Springs, Florida

20 months ago

The Texas PT website is pretty clear on this:

www.tpta.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=9

States that:

"No, CME approval -- or other national or regional CE accreditation -- is not applicable to PTs and PTAs in Texas. The course must be approved by TPTA in order for Texas PTs and PTAs to receive CE credit for license renewal purposes."

So sounds like every course you took in past 2 years you would have to look up in the Texas database at:

apps.tpta.org/ce/

To see if it was approved by the State of Texas.

Hope that helps!

Jason Tarlowe, VP
Greenlight Staffing Services, Inc.

Olga in New York, New York said: We have spent the last year in NYC, before that we lived in the midwest. My husband will lose his job in June, and we decided that we want to move to Texas and start over. I have stayed home during the past year, but before that I worked in Urology and Psychiatry. Was hoping some nice people in Texas might give me a little information.

Just got my licence in TX (yay!). The state says I need 40 CME hours. I want to know, does the state accept national CMEs that I already have to do (100 hours every two years) or will I have to do an additional 40 hours on top of that? Do you know how TX keeps tract of the CMEs (do you log them in on a website somewhere like we do for the NCCPA)?

We are trying to decide between Dallas and Houston. Which city do you think is better for a PA with my background?

Finally, are there any websites or groups that offer job leads specific to Dallas or Houston? I know I can look on indeed, etc, but I was wondering if there was anything a bit more local and specific to PAs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.