Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3201 to 3209 of 3209)
Page:  « First « Previous   62  63  64  65   

Doc Eischen in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

22 months ago

Hello all,

A bit disenheartened by this process. I applied to a number of schools and have only had one, so far, that has even stated an interest in interviewing me (at a later time). I am 32 with 13yrs of experience as an Army medic. So, despite a lower than average GPA (3.0 overall, 2.85 science although I feel my science GPA should be considered much higher since I have done some independant genetic research that I was awarded credit for but CASPA didnt even consider it) I feel I already have a number of skills to offer.

My question/comment is really that as I am tracking these programs I haven't heard back from I wonder... do they inform you via mail/email when you have been removed from the process?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JamezWilliams in Alameda, California

22 months ago

When I go to an interview, I like to give myself a peptalk and also wearing a suit boosts my confidence.. just try to have the confident mindset and you'll be fine..

Amy in Naperville, Illinois

22 months ago

Doc Eischen in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Hello all,

A bit disenheartened by this process. I applied to a number of schools and have only had one, so far, that has even stated an interest in interviewing me (at a later time). I am 32 with 13yrs of experience as an Army medic. So, despite a lower than average GPA (3.0 overall, 2.85 science although I feel my science GPA should be considered much higher since I have done some independant genetic research that I was awarded credit for but CASPA didnt even consider it) I feel I already have a number of skills to offer.

My question/comment is really that as I am tracking these programs I haven't heard back from I wonder... do they inform you via mail/email when you have been removed from the process?

Hello Doc,
Sounds like you have a lot of great qualities that the PA programs are looking for, and I hope you start hearing back from the schools soon. Try not to feel too discouraged, its a very long process. I had applied in July of last year and didn't start hearing back from schools until late November. Most of my interviews were in December and January, so don't worry there's still time. As for schools that didn't wish to interview, I had gotten letters in the mail, and one kept me waiting until March to let me know. Good luck!

Tynee in Brooklyn, New York

19 months ago

lprslp in New Rochelle, New York said: I have an interview at Touro Manhattan later this week! Was wondering if anyone could share some tips/advice about the program in general ? I'm slightly nervous for them to ask me a question I haven't prepared for! Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Hi I have an interview with Touro Manhattan campus next week. How did your interview go? What were essay questions about and how many people interviewed you? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

19 months ago

lprslp in New Rochelle, New York said: I have an interview at Touro Manhattan later this week! Was wondering if anyone could share some tips/advice about the program in general ? I'm slightly nervous for them to ask me a question I haven't prepared for! Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Hi lprslp, I have an upcoming interview with Touro Manhattan. What kind of questions did they ask you for interview? Were there essay questions and what topics were focused on? Any advice would be appreciated.

19 months ago

Vijal Patel in Edison, New Jersey said: Hey..you have an interview at Touro, Manhattan campus? We can share some information. You can reach me at vijal_patel14@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Vijal

Hi Vijal, I have an upcoming interview with Touro Manhattan. What kind of questions did they ask you for interview? Were there essay questions and what topics were focused on? Any advice would be appreciated.

19 months ago

MsMe in Bronx, New York said: I received an acceptance from Touro Manhattan less than a week after my interview!

Hi Msme, I have an upcoming interview with Touro Manhattan. What kind of questions did they ask you for interview? Were there essay questions and what topics were focused on? Any advice would be appreciated.

Susan in Denver, Colorado

17 months ago

Anyone have experience with Touro University CA - Joint MSPAS/MPH Program? I had my interview in mid-April. I was supposed to hear within two weeks. It's been nearly three weeks and I've heard nothing. Should I call?

aspiringPA in Morehead, Kentucky

14 months ago

googlenerd in Morehead, Kentucky said: I just had an interview at the University of Kentucky PA program (MSPAS), two days ago. It wasnt that bad at all! Had to wait for a few hours though because of the number of applicants. I was asked probably 7 questions in an interview that lasted between 10-15 minutes.

"Why do you want to be a PA?"

"What are your personal strengths that you could bring to the healthcare team?"

"What experience have you accumulated since you submitted CASPA application?"

"Think of your favorite professor, describe them and their personality and professional traits? How might that apply to this proffesion?"

"Would you be comfortable with the more grotesque aspects of the career? How do you think you could handle diagnosing and counseling patients with terminal illnesses?"

"How would you go about recommending a risky treatment such as chemotherapy for a patient? What would be your rationale for making a tough decision?"

"Why not MD, or NP?"

Good luck to everyone! Trust yourselves during your interviews and be confident! It's not that bad of an experience, quite rewarding to have been selected for an interview and you should be very proud of yourselves.

What advice would you give to prepare for an interview with UK?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   62  63  64  65   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.