Job Shadow

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 72 of 72)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

FB in Boynton Beach, Florida

60 months ago

Rima in Orlando , Florida said: hey,

Thanks, I still havent found anyone yet. Every time I ask someone they say they can not let me shadow them because of worksman comp or for patient conficencility. I live in orlando and i m trying to shadow a nurse so that way i can make contacts and meet doctors or PA that way.

Were you able to find anyone in Orlando to shadow? I am having much difficulty finding a PA to shadow, and I was wondering if you could pass on any PA information if you found any.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

abi in Vincennes, Indiana

60 months ago

Prachi in Hoffman Estates, Illinois said: Hi Dara and Tia,

I am from Chicago. It was hard for me to find a PA to shadow too until I contacted the school in IL that had PA program and asked them if they have any list of PA who allow shadowing. The school told me that most of the students found PAs from the help of IAPA(Illinoise Association of PA). The IAPA gave me list of PAs who allow shadowing. I contacted the one near my house from that list and shadowed her for 2 days. Try doing something like that. Contact the PA schools in NY and ask them about it. They are usually aware of this problem. I hope this helps.

Is that the Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants or the Illinois Association of Physician Assistants? And could you tell me how you got the list of PAs to shadow? (I'm from Illinois as well.)

Prachi in Schaumburg, Illinois

60 months ago

I have the list that I got a year ago. If you want the list, please email me about it at pshah02@gmail.com, and I will be more than happy to just forward you that list.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nilesh Patel in Stony Brook, New York

59 months ago

Hi I am from New York and interested in shadowing a PA, does anyone know where I can get additional information? Are there any PA in the NYC and Long Island area willing to get shadowed?

Thank You

wiltedpetunia in Schaumburg, Illinois

57 months ago

Prachi in Schaumburg, Illinois said: Kaitlin, I can just send you the list of PAs that you can shadow. IF you give me your email, I forward the list to that. All you have do then is to email the PA and ask them if you can shadow them or not.

Hey,
Im in the same mess right now. Im in the process of applying to a few places in Illinois (ie. Midwestern) and it would be great if you could email that list to me too...Im kinda in two halves of whether i should just gain experience by working at hospitals.. or whether shadowing a PA would be more helpful.

Ps. Where did you end up going to school?

Trying2BPA in Charlotte, North Carolina

56 months ago

I am looking to shadow a PA in Charlotte, NC. Any help would be appreciated!

EricMN in Lakeville, Minnesota

52 months ago

Amanda in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I was wondering if you found someone to shadow in Minneapolis. I shadowed a PA in Rochester at the Mayo Clinic and I want to try to do some more. If you are still looking and might be interested in shadowing the PA at Mayo I can send you his info.

Amanda,

I am looking to shadow a PA in the Rochester or Minneapolis area and found your post on this website. Do you still have the information for the PA you shadowed? If so, would you be willing to pass that information on to me? It would help me greatly if you did. Thanks!

Lisa in Kalamazoo, Michigan

51 months ago

I am looking to shadow a PA in Kalamazoo, MI. If you know of any please let me know.

kmrush in Mount Juliet, Tennessee

51 months ago

I am currently in college here in Nashville and looking for a shadowing opportunity. I am five minutes away from downtown Nashville and would love to shadow in any particular field at any hospital or medical office.

If anyone knows of any opportunities I would love to hear about them!
My email is kmrush@mail.trevecca.edu

kellig21 in Providence, Rhode Island

51 months ago

Hello, I am a Junior from Providence College looking to shadow a Physician Assistant in the Providence/Rhode Island area. Any help would be amazing!

Thank you so much!
My e-mail is kgassert@friars.providence.edu

na807 in Tampa Bay Area/ New York City, Florida

48 months ago

Hi, my name is Nicole and I plan on applying to PA school this summer. I am going to be in Florida this summer and am looking for PAs to shadow. I have gone on the FAPA website and am having difficulty getting responses back from PAs. If anyone knows of a PA that is available to shadow please let me know. Thanks.

Sep in Minneapolis, Minnesota

45 months ago

Amanda in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I was wondering if you found someone to shadow in Minneapolis. I shadowed a PA in Rochester at the Mayo Clinic and I want to try to do some more. If you are still looking and might be interested in shadowing the PA at Mayo I can send you his info.

Hi Amanda!
I am inters ted in shadowing a PA and live in Minnesota. Could you please send me the information about shadowing the PA at Mayo.

Thanks!

Audrey in Brandon, Florida

45 months ago

na807 in Tampa Bay Area/ New York City, Florida said: Hi, my name is Nicole and I plan on applying to PA school this summer. I am going to be in Florida this summer and am looking for PAs to shadow. I have gone on the FAPA website and am having difficulty getting responses back from PAs. If anyone knows of a PA that is available to shadow please let me know. Thanks.

Hey Nicole!
The same thing has happened to me. I emailed multiple PAs off the list found on FAPA's site and none responded! I live right out side of Tampa and am just hoping you eventually found someone willing to help. If so please let me know!

Thanks!!!

Edoss in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

Hi everyone I am also looking for a PA to shadow in brooklyn or Manhattan. I have tried different hospitals and had no luck. Some hospitals told me they don't that type of volunteering. If anyone knows a PA who is willing to be shadow by a student please let me know eboss13@hotmail.com
Thank you and have a nice day.

ash1985 in Richardson, Texas

40 months ago

I am looking to shadow a PA in the Richardson or Dallas area.
Please let me know if there are any that could let me do it.

thanks

sash in Pensacola, Florida

35 months ago

I'm attending the University of Central Florida in Orlando currently and am having trouble finding a Physicians Assistant to shadow. Does anyone have advice or know of a P.A. to shadow. Thanks!
s-tittel@hotmail.com

Daraaj in Flushing, New York

35 months ago

try doing volunteer work at a hospital. I am doing one at NYHQ HOSPITAL AND THEY ONLY ALLOW 3 SHADOWING OPPORTUNITIES for pre-med or pre- Pa students.

PASO in San Diego, California

33 months ago

new free website for PA Shadowing

pashadowonline.com/

"like" us on Facebook to get website updates

Megan in Ames, Iowa

28 months ago

Hi Amanda,

I'm looking to do some shadowing in Rochester and would appreciate if you still had the information!

Thanks!

Megan

smusleh92 in Orland Park, Illinois

18 months ago

wiltedpetunia in Schaumburg, Illinois said: Hey,
Im in the same mess right now. Im in the process of applying to a few places in Illinois (ie. Midwestern) and it would be great if you could email that list to me too...Im kinda in two halves of whether i should just gain experience by working at hospitals.. or whether shadowing a PA would be more helpful.

Ps. Where did you end up going to school?

Hi,Ive been looking for a place also. Would you be able to email me the list also if thats ok thank you so much.

amandakilburn11@gmail.com in Rochester, Minnesota

18 months ago

Hi,

I am currently living in Rochester, MN and was looking for a PA to shadow as well. If anyone still has information about someone willing to let me shadow them, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Olechka in Griffin, Georgia

14 months ago

Hello!
I am looking to shadow a PA in South of Atlanta, GA.
If you are PA-C and willing to help or if you know of any please let me know.
Thank you.

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.