Looking for a PA to shadow in Miami, fl

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (46)

Jackie in Miami, Florida

56 months ago

Thanks Kim. I've tried that but no one ever responds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

56 months ago

That's strange that no one ever replied... hmmm. Well, what type of medicine are you interested in? I work in dermatology but I know PAs in all different specialities... let me know and I can see what I can do to help you.
Kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Miami, Florida

56 months ago

As of right now, I am interested in dermatology. I worked in a dermatologist's office in Boca last summer, and shadowed one in Miramar, over christmas break. I would love to shadow in that field or emergency medicine, but I'm open to all specialties. I just need something in Miami, or not too far from it. If you could give me any suggestions as far as who to contact, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Jackie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Okay well if you are interested in derm I can definitely help. I love it :-) EM PAs are very happy too. My best advice to students is to shadow doctors but even more importantly shadow PA/ARNPS. You will learn just as much (most likely MORE) and see what you would actually be doing on a day to day basis. I'd be more than happy to have you join me if you'd be interested. I'm located in Ft Laud though. If you like surgery you could join us for a morning to watch Mohs cases... I will see if I can help with you any derm or em PAs in Miami. Keep me posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Miami, Florida

56 months ago

That all sounds great. I would love to join you. Although, the only day i would be available is Friday because of classes the rest of the week. I am looking for someone to shadow on a weekly basis(like once a week) if that's something you would be willing to do. If not, even coming up for one day would be great. Where in Ft. Lauderdale are you located? And if you do know some PAs in any specialty in Miami, that would be a big help. Thanks again :)

56 months ago

What is your email? I'll send you more info that way. Fridays may not work for me (no surgeries Fridays and I use those days to get a paperwork/etc done). We'll talk though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Miami, Florida

56 months ago

Ok sounds good. My email is Jacqueline@Kinne.com.

danielle in Pompano Beach, Florida

55 months ago

Kim in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: That's strange that no one ever replied... hmmm. Well, what type of medicine are you interested in? I work in dermatology but I know PAs in all different specialities... let me know and I can see what I can do to help you.
Kim

Hello Kim,

I just read that you work in dermatology. I am interested in becoming a PA in dermatology. I am trying to take my first steps in building up a resume that will be competitive in getting accepted into PA school. I was wondering if I could get in contact with you to shadow. My email address in dholm002@fiu.edu. I hope to hear from you!

Thank You,
Danielle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Hi Danielle,
Okay. Our office is busy and the doctors aren't always willing to slow down much for students but that being said I love to teach and if you like surgery we do a lot of Mohs cases- you could join us for a morning or 2. Mornings are best. Keep me posted.
Kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tkdblond72 in Pompano Beach, Florida

55 months ago

Hello Kim

That sounds awesome. What is the name of your office and where are you located? I would love to join you for a few mornings.

Thank You,
Danielle

Whitney in Miami, Florida

54 months ago

Jackie in Miami, Florida said: Hi, I am currently a University of Miami senior and I am looking for a PA to shadow in the area. Are there any PAs on this forum that are available? or does anyone know the best way to go about findng and contacting a PA?

Thanks

Hey Jackie,
I was wondering if you ever had any luck finding a PA to shadow in the Miami area? I also tried the FAPA shadow list and never received any responses. Thanks!

Jackie in Miami, Florida

54 months ago

Hi Whitney, I actually did not. Its been a long process and im waiting to hear back from a few people. I was told though that the FAPA list is outdated. I would say the best bet is to just search online for PAs in the area and call them and ask. I did that over break in Ft. Lauderdale and was able to find someone. If I hear back from anyone in Miami. I will let you know.

bondiins@aol.com in Deerfield Beach, Florida

54 months ago

is this correct email for you? PA shadow?

bondiins@aol.com in Deerfield Beach, Florida

54 months ago

HELLO KIM ARE YOU STILL WILLING TO HELP OTHERS WITH SHADOWING PA ? I REALLY WOULD BE GRATEFUL AND PAY FOR YOUR TIME SOMEHOW. I LIVE IN DEERFIELD BEACH FLORIDA AGE 22 THIRD YEAR BIO-MAJOR THANKS PLEASE RESPOND KATY BONDI

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nina86 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

52 months ago

Hello,

I recently graduated from UCF with my Bachelors in Health Sciences. I am also looking to shadow PAs in Fort Lauderdale. If there are any PAs or MDs in the area that would be willing to allow me to shadow them, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity. Any help will be great.

Thank you in advance.

Shaazia in Miami, Florida

50 months ago

Hello Kim,

If you are still open for students to come watch at your location i would love to. I am applying in a few months to numerous PA programs in Florida, and am looking for a few Physician Assistants to shadow. If you have availability please contact me at Shaazy1@aol.com. Thank you so much for your time.

Best regards,

Shaazia C.

Kim in Dorchester, South Carolina

50 months ago

Hi guys,
Our PA student just finished this past friday so I have a list of you and will try to be in touch asap. Hope all is well!! Kim

myrlineemile in Lake Worth, Florida

50 months ago

Kim in Dorchester, South Carolina said: Hi guys,
Our PA student just finished this past friday so I have a list of you and will try to be in touch asap. Hope all is well!! Kim

Hello Everyone,

My name is Myrline C. Emile and I am in search of shadowing a Physician Assistant in West Palm Beach, Fl. I would like to know if I can possibly shadow at your office to gain more knowledge and experience in your field of specialty. If it is not possible and you might know of other Physician Assistants in the area I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your consideration and your help.

Sincerely,

Myrline C. Emile;
myrlineemile@gmail.com

nomanb1 in Miami, Florida

50 months ago

recent graduate, looking to work in any field in miami, orlando or tampa area.

anabellet in Tampa, Florida

49 months ago

I am looking for a PA to shadow in Tampa Florida that works weekends... Does anyone know someone who can help?? Thanks so much for your time

DBrooks in Seminole, Florida

49 months ago

Looking for PA to shadow in Tampa area. Interested in PA school; would like to shadow someone in the field. Please let me know if anyone knows of an opportunity. Thanks.

Kim in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Hi - I'm planning to go back to school for PA next fall 2011. I'm looking for PA to shadow in Pennsylvania. Please help!

Lgcabizuca in Joliet, Illinois

48 months ago

Hi my name is Luis and I am a senior at the university of st francis. I really want to go t a pa school but I can't find a place to work in order to get some hours. I tried to volunteer at nursing homes, hospitals and other place but I couldn't find anything yet. Does anyone knows any place that I can try to find pas to shadow or anything that would get ne some hours?? My email s luisgustavocabizuca@hotmail.com I would love to tell you more about myself and help you anyhow. Thanks.

Orestes in Miami, Florida

48 months ago

Hi, I am also looking for a PA in dermatoloy and cardiology in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale areas. In the past, I have shadowed oncologists which was a very rewarding and informative experience. I also shadowed in a family practice where I saw cases from the very young to the old. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I would really appreciate it if someone could recommend some PAs. My email is orestes.benavides001@mymdc.net

Orestes in Miami, Florida

48 months ago

Hi, I am also looking for a PA in dermatoloy and cardiology in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale areas. In the past, I have shadowed oncologists which was a very rewarding and informative experience. I also shadowed in a family practice where I saw cases from the very young to the old. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I would really appreciate it if someone could recommend some PAs. My email is orestes.benavides001@mymdc.net

Jaclyn Grondin in Lake Worth, Florida

47 months ago

Hi Kim, I came across this thread while searching online about shadowing opportunties. I am currently finishing my B.S in biology at FAU in the spring and was looking for some PA shadowing opportunites. It has been hard to find someone, and im sure your very busy. But i was wondering if you were still doing shadowing in your office or knew of any PAs from either from ft. lauderdale to jupiter who were willing to shadow. If you have a list for your office i was wondering if a may be put on it. THANK YOU, i would be ever so grateful!

Jaclyn Grondin (ercat11@aol.com)

Jaclyn Grondin in Lake Worth, Florida

47 months ago

Hi Kim, I came across this thread while searching online about shadowing opportunties. I am currently finishing my B.S in biology at FAU in the spring and was looking for some PA shadowing opportunites. It has been hard to find someone, and im sure your very busy. But i was wondering if you were still doing shadowing in your office or knew of any PAs from either from ft. lauderdale to jupiter who were willing to shadow. If you have a list for your office i was wondering if a may be put on it. THANK YOU, i would be ever so grateful!

Jaclyn Grondin (ercat11@aol.com)

Gonza De Villa in Miami, Florida

41 months ago

Hi,
I am also in the search for shadowing a PA in south Florida. I recently graduated with my bachelor's degree and i want to go to PA school....I would love if could have the chance to shadow any PA in the area. thank you

PASO in San Diego, California

39 months ago

new free website for PA Shadowing

pashadowonline.com/

"like" us on Facebook to get website updates

Shari Selesky in Pompano Beach, Florida

37 months ago

Hi Kim,
I am desperate! I cannot find a PA to shadow anywhere. I have gotten in touch with several PA's who say they will take the time, but I must hunt them down and they never get back to me. I know it's hard to make time, but if you are willing or know anyone else that is I would love to follow someone around for a few hours (more if possible). I was originally going to do the med school route, but feel this is a much better choice. I would love the experience soon, so I can complete my application for this cycle and still be competitive. My email is sharieselesky@gmail.com. Thanks for the time.

37 months ago

Hi Kim,
I am desperate! I cannot find a PA to shadow anywhere. I have gotten in touch with several PA's who say they will take the time, but I must hunt them down and they never get back to me. I know it's hard to make time, but if you are willing or know anyone else that is I would love to follow someone around for a few hours (more if possible). I was originally going to do the med school route, but feel this is a much better choice. I would love the experience soon, so I can complete my application for this cycle and still be competitive. My email is sharieselesky@gmail.com. Thanks for the time.

37 months ago

Hi Kim,

Derm PA-C in Miami, Florida

37 months ago

Hello to those still interested in shadowing PAs in south Florida. I recently relocated and apologize for not getting back to everyone who posted here. The interest and response has been overwhelming. If I could help each and every one of you I would, however my more realistic goal is to at least be able to guide you in the right direction. As a PA in the state of Florida I strive for a better understanding of our profession and our accessibility to patients and I hope (SOON) students interested in the field as well. Please contact me directly via email dermpafl@gmail.com if you have specific interests in dermatology or any questions. Also, please email me if you wish for me to contact you with more information regarding PA shadowing (websites, blogs, email blasts, facebook/fan page, etc). I plan on working with FAPA to update shadowing lists and hopefully get more providers involved in the community. Hope everyone is doing well. I'll be in touch.
All my best,
Kim

kaye.jacqueline@gmail.com in Gambier, Ohio

35 months ago

Hi Kim, looking at this thread I'm sure you already have a list of people wanting to shadow you but I'm going to be in the area over my winter break (Dec. 15-Jan. 15) and I was wondering if there was any point during that time I could help out or shadow you for a short period. It was really sweet of you to put yourself on this discussion and offer college students the opportunity to shadow you, I really hope you aren't regretting it. I hope you know how much the experience it means as an undergrad going into her senior year at Kenyon College.
If you do have time over the break my email is kaye.jacqueline@gmail.com
Thanks again,
Jackie Kaye

Devi S. in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

Hi...I am still doing my pre reqs but I really need to shadow a PA. Ive tried to contact hospitals but I have not gotten any responses. Please help me. I'd really appreciate it. I live in Ft. Lauderdale.

DeviCSingh@yahoo.com in Miami, Florida

33 months ago

Hi...I am still doing my pre reqs but I really need to shadow a PA. Ive tried to contact hospitals but I have not gotten any responses. Please help me. I'd really appreciate it. I live in Ft. Lauderdale.

Anelite2014 in Fort Myers, Florida

32 months ago

I had the same problem no responses... I did find a new site but I have not used it yet.

pashadowonline.com/

Anelite2014 in Fort Myers, Florida

32 months ago

Check out this new website... I have heard great things about it

pashadowonline.com/

betty89 in Florida

19 months ago

Hello Kim,

I was wondering if you know of any PAs that are open for shadowing. I am a graduate of the University of Florida and I am currently working as a nursing assistant at UM's Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. I want to apply to PA by December so I'm really interested in starting to shadow a PA. I would really appreciate any help provided. Thank you.

Kim in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Jackie,
If you are a FAPA member the website has PAs listed that you can contact to shadow. www.fapaonline.org

Kim

Betty213 in Miami, Florida

19 months ago

Kim in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: That's strange that no one ever replied... hmmm. Well, what type of medicine are you interested in? I work in dermatology but I know PAs in all different specialities... let me know and I can see what I can do to help you.
Kim

Hello Kim,

I'm currently hunting down PAs to shadow. I graduated from Uf last year and I'm currently working at Sylvester in UM as a CNA. I was wondering if you knew of any PAs I can shadow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

luckyclover215

16 months ago

If anyone is interested in a shadow opportunity send me an email and I'll see what I can do to accommodate. Luckyclover215@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sameeksha in Hialeah, Florida

16 months ago

Kim

Hi Kim,

I am applying to PA schools next year and I already work for a dermatologist, maybe you know him. His name is Dr. James E. Fulton. Unfortunately, working for a Doctor will not fulfill my requirements for shadowing a PA. I have been trying to look for PA's around south Florida, but no one has responded. I was hoping maybe you could help me. I'd really appreciate any advice and help you can offer.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sameeksha Patil

Jorge Ospina

15 months ago

Hey Kim,

I have tried different sites to contact P.A.s for shadowing but no responses. Any assistance you can provide or anyone that reads this I would extremely appreciate it. My email address is JorgeOspina@me.com

Thank You,

Jorge Ospina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jasmine in Deerfield Beach, Florida

11 months ago

Kim in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Okay well if you are interested in derm I can definitely help. I love it :-) EM PAs are very happy too. My best advice to students is to shadow doctors but even more importantly shadow PA/ARNPS. You will learn just as much (most likely MORE) and see what you would actually be doing on a day to day basis. I'd be more than happy to have you join me if you'd be interested. I'm located in Ft Laud though. If you like surgery you could join us for a morning to watch Mohs cases... I will see if I can help with you any derm or em PAs in Miami. Keep me posted.

Hi there! I live close to ft lauderdale and I was wondering if I could shadow you this upcoming spring semester. I've been trying to find a someone but it's been very hard. It would be very helpful. My name is Jasmine and I'm a junior at FAU.

Please contact me if you can at j_pati15@hotmail.com

pac2013 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

8 months ago

Hi Kim, I am a recent PA graduate looking for a dermatology position in
fort Lauderdale, fl it is a passion of mine to work in this speciality. Would appreciate any info you have. my email is rach4_13@bellsouth.net

I can provide my resume if needed

Shrikant Patil in Miami, Florida

4 months ago

Hi Kim,
My daughter needs to shadow a PA to get into a PA School- She is a graduate in Psychology- Area is South Florida -Let us know if there are some openings-Resume can be forwarded
thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.