Nova Orlando

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 119)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

superscooper in Farmington, Michigan

68 months ago

Has anyone else gotten into the Nova Orlando program and is going there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

myelken in Oviedo, Florida

67 months ago

I got accepted back in December.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vicks in Miami, Florida

67 months ago

I got in back in November. I sent deposits to go already. Have either of you guys found off campus housing yet?

superscooper in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

67 months ago

I also got accepted into the program at orlando and put down deposits. I am living across the street at the place at millenia. It is really nice there and convient. Northbridge which is right next store is really nice as well.

Vicks in Miami, Florida

67 months ago

Are you living there already or have you decided that is where you will move to from michigan? Do you know of any other forums where other class of 09' nova students interact? it would be nice to know eachother before we get there. Im gonna email Pauline Dyda to see if she knows of anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

superscooper in Troy, Michigan

67 months ago

Thats where I have deceided, my parents have a vacation home in west palm beach so every time we go down I have visited the orlando area and looked at apartments. I don't know of any other website that students interact from nova but I spoke to pauline recently and she said that they do a meet and greet before we start school and this year it would be in march sometime, but she will send out a mass email when she has news for all of the students. she told me that she still has 56 interviews lined up and she still has to schedule some so I don't think that they have deceided on the entire class yet.

Rose Schanel in Beverly Hills, Florida

67 months ago

I have an interview on Friday, does anyone have any advise? This is my first interview, I have another one in a few weeks for the fort lauderdale campus as well.
Thanks

67 months ago

I had an interview at orlando and at ft. lauderdale they are very laid back for the essay, and with the interview you have 3 people in the room and one of them is pauline dyda who is very nice. The questions are pretty basic at ft. lauderdale they ask questioons more about your application and essay. At orlando they ask a lot of opinion and real world questions. Good luck!

67 months ago

Thank you for your help. Did you get in? How long did it take for you to hear back from them? Nova Orlando is my first choice since I live about 1hr and 15mins away.

67 months ago

I got into both of them and they told me by phone three days after i interviewed but I don't know what the average wait time to find out is. I talked to pauline dyda the other day and she told me she still had 56 interviews set up and even more to schedule after that so I have a feeling they still have a lot of students to add to the class. I had a hard timie deceiding which one to go to but i deceided on orlando, I just got a better feeling there, like they cared more about the pa program, at ft. lauderdale it was so busy, they had do interviews, and pt, dental, nursing all on the same day and they didn't know what program u were with or who you were. Good luck!

Jessi in Orlando, Florida

67 months ago

Anyone have an interview at Nova Orlando on Feb 6?? That's when mine is. I'm glad to hear that they still have a bunch of interviews scheduled, that gives me hope that they haven't filled up too much of the class yet. I really want to get in too, I go to UCF now and live in Orlando and I love it :)

jojomama in Holiday, Florida

67 months ago

superscooper in Farmington, Michigan said: Has anyone else gotten into the Nova Orlando program and is going there?

No. net yet

jojomama in Holiday, Florida

67 months ago

Jessi in Orlando, Florida said: Anyone have an interview at Nova Orlando on Feb 6?? That's when mine is. I'm glad to hear that they still have a bunch of interviews scheduled, that gives me hope that they haven't filled up too much of the class yet. I really want to get in too, I go to UCF now and live in Orlando and I love it :)

I hear Nova is kind of expensive. But even though Florida is pretty hot Orlando might be a fun place to live if there is any time for fun.

Orlando in Orlando, Florida

66 months ago

How long did it take to here from Nova in Orlando after the supplemental application was mailed? I've been chronically checking my status box under admissions and waiting, waiting, waiting....

66 months ago

I got the call that I got an interview about a month after i submitted the supplemental application, once I got the interview it only took 3 days until i got the call that i got in. If it had been more than a month I would call and check just to make sure, I know they are interviewing through april though. good luck!

66 months ago

Thank you for your answer superscooper. Hopefully I won't miss that call. Do you know if they call everyone for an interview? Also, what is your background? Just curious, you seen like a very good candidate. I wish you the best and I'm sure you'll love Florida.

66 months ago

I am not sure, but when I talked to pauline on the phone she said they call people for the interview and if they did not get an interview they get a letter in the mail. I graduated from michigan state university last may with a bachelors in human biology and I had around 300 hours of working in an urgent care while I was in college and during my year off. Good luck and thanks, I am hoping I love orlando, I have visited a few time and it so nice there.

66 months ago

superscooper in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan said: I got into both of them and they told me by phone three days after i interviewed but I don't know what the average wait time to find out is. I talked to pauline dyda the other day and she told me she still had 56 interviews set up and even more to schedule after that so I have a feeling they still have a lot of students to add to the class. I had a hard timie deceiding which one to go to but i deceided on orlando, I just got a better feeling there, like they cared more about the pa program, at ft. lauderdale it was so busy, they had do interviews, and pt, dental, nursing all on the same day and they didn't know what program u were with or who you were. Good luck!

I just got accepted to Nova Orlando as well. It took about 1 week to here back. I am looking forward to meeting. I heard there will be a meet and greet.
Rose

msvalleylou in Orlando, Florida

66 months ago

I read on another forum that there is a facebook page set up for the orlando Nova class of 2011. think it was named NSU Orlando PA class of 2011 for those of you interested.

superscooper in Farmington, Michigan

66 months ago

Congratulations! I look forward to meeting you as well, I am going to be in Florida for my spring break in the middle of march so I am hoping that is when they will have the meet and greet, if not maybe you could let me know what goes on.

66 months ago

superscooper in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan said: I am not sure, but when I talked to pauline on the phone she said they call people for the interview and if they did not get an interview they get a letter in the mail. I graduated from michigan state university last may with a bachelors in human biology and I had around 300 hours of working in an urgent care while I was in college and during my year off. Good luck and thanks, I am hoping I love orlando, I have visited a few time and it so nice there.

I received a letter stating that I am missing a class, which I recently took. I already sent in a transcript to Nova, although it appears they haven't received it as of yet. I hope this doesn't affect my chances. Did anyone with outstanding pre-req's get accepted?
Congratulations to all!!!!! I hope that soon I can celebrate as well. In the meantime, still waiting and all I got was the "dreaded" letter.

superscooper in West Bloomfield, Michigan

66 months ago

I wouldn't worry I think the transcripts go through the ft. lauderdale office and it takes some time to input them so that Orlando can see them. I would call in a few days to find out if the ft. lauderdale office has received them and is processing, but I was told that as long as the class is complete before may then you can be accepted on the basis the class if finished, so you should be fine. Good luck!

mann2jd in Mount Pleasant, Michigan

66 months ago

I will be graduating from central michigan university with a 3.2 in biomedical sciences and chemistry. I will have around 300 patient care hours when i apply and am president of the american chemical society. I have also worked while taking classes for the past two years in the biology department on top of that doing medical research with one of my professors. Is this a competitive resume for P.A. school.

Biomedical full years of
organic chem
Inorganic chem
Physics
Human anatomy / Phys

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

KMM in Donalds, South Carolina

66 months ago

I HAVE A QUESTIONS REGARDING THE INTERVIEW FOR ORLANDO, DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE? MY INTERVIEW IS IN A COUPLE WEEKS.
THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rschanel@yahoo.com in Beverly Hills, Florida

66 months ago

Be yourself, know what a PA does and the difference between a PA and ARNP. Pauline is so nice and she makes the experience less stressful. Answer the questions honestly, they are looing at your thinking process and most answers are not right or wrong they just want to see how your thinking process works. I had a great interview and they made me feel very confortable. I was accepted and will attend NSU orlando it was my first choice. I work with a PA who works with some NSU students and he says they are great. Good luck and hope this helped

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JOJOMAMA in Holiday, Florida

66 months ago

CONGRATULATIONS incoming CLASS of 2011!!!

aperry6 in Tampa, Florida

65 months ago

Is there anyone that is willing to say what their GPA was since they got accepted to NOVA or any school? Just really looking to compare. The website and anything I have read don't really give an accurate range they just say the minimum is a 3.0 and I know that the average is much higher. Thanks!

ShellyA in Dallas, Texas

65 months ago

superscooper in Farmington, Michigan said: Has anyone else gotten into the Nova Orlando program and is going there?

I got accepted into both Ft. Myers and Orlando. I'm trying to decide which place would be better. I don't know what to do!

superscooper in Troy, Michigan

65 months ago

I also had that problem and I ended up picking orlando, but I was a tough decision. When i talked to pauline and judy they both said you just kinda know, you have a feeling, and I felt that orlando was the place for me. They were so nice there and they are focused on the pa program. ft. lauderdale was nice but they have so much going on with other programs and they have a campus, so its more of a college life. I wanted a place that the sole focus was the pa school and that was what i got with orlando.

homd2u in Hollywood, Florida

65 months ago

myelken in Oviedo, Florida said: I got accepted back in December.

im looking for PA to do house calls, company with more than 20 years working with hotels, interested email homd2u@gmail.com ask for bill.

65 months ago

homd2u in Hollywood, Florida said: im looking for PA to do house calls, company with more than 20 years working with hotels, interested email homd2u@gmail.com ask for bill.

location orlando

65 months ago

work part or full time

65 months ago

Orlando in Orlando, Florida said: I received a letter stating that I am missing a class, which I recently took. I already sent in a transcript to Nova, although it appears they haven't received it as of yet. I hope this doesn't affect my chances. Did anyone with outstanding pre-req's get accepted?
Congratulations to all!!!!! I hope that soon I can celebrate as well. In the meantime, still waiting and all I got was the "dreaded" letter.

im looking for PA in orlando area to do house calls,i saw you are coming to orlando, i have a job part or full time, company with 20 years doing house calls,only MINOR symptoms, email me at homd2u@gmail.com

65 months ago

Jessi in Orlando, Florida said: Anyone have an interview at Nova Orlando on Feb 6?? That's when mine is. I'm glad to hear that they still have a bunch of interviews scheduled, that gives me hope that they haven't filled up too much of the class yet. I really want to get in too, I go to UCF now and live in Orlando and I love it :)

Need help!im looking for PA in orlando area to do house calls, i have a position part or full time, company with 20 years doing house calls,only MINOR symptoms, email me at homd2u@gmail.com

padma in Fort Wayne, Indiana

65 months ago

what about the essay writing exercise for NSU Orlando? What kind of essay writing is it and does your acceptance depend on it?

jkl in Oviedo, Florida

65 months ago

Yes, your acceptance depends on it. The essay exercise is the first part of the interview. You have about an hour and you can talk to other applicants in the room with you. But, every applicant has a different topic. My question was about our current health care system. I think all the topics are just opinion based. The real interview comes after, but it is pretty relaxed.

mach428 in Orlando, Florida

65 months ago

Hello! I am aiming to apply for next year's class. I have worked in Healthcare for 5 years on the technology side, and have come to the realization that I'd much prefer working with patients. Currently, I volunteer at Florida Hospital Orlando. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how I can get additional clinical experience?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

drew in Athens, Georgia

59 months ago

superscooper in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan said: I also got accepted into the program at orlando and put down deposits. I am living across the street at the place at millenia. It is really nice there and convient. Northbridge which is right next store is really nice as well.

What's the living expenses like? Are you sharing an apartment or house?

drew in Athens, Georgia

59 months ago

superscooper in Farmington, Michigan said: Congratulations! I look forward to meeting you as well, I am going to be in Florida for my spring break in the middle of march so I am hoping that is when they will have the meet and greet, if not maybe you could let me know what goes on.

Congratulation on being accepted.
Can you share some ideas on your Personal Statement/Narrative and what was said for your motivation towards becoming a PA?

drew in Athens, Georgia

59 months ago

ShellyA in Dallas, Texas said: I got accepted into both Ft. Myers and Orlando. I'm trying to decide which place would be better. I don't know what to do!

Congratulations on being accepted. What Campus did you decide to choose and what helped your decision?

Can you share some ideas on your Personal Statement/Narrative and what was said for your motivation towards becoming a PA?

drew in Athens, Georgia

59 months ago

vicks in Miami, Florida said: I got in back in November. I sent deposits to go already. Have either of you guys found off campus housing yet?

What campus did you decide to choose and why?
What's the cost of livin and housing there?

Bobby in Davenport, Florida

58 months ago

Well, I am in the process of researching Nova and applying for the 2011 class...

sprinkles in Gainesville, Florida

56 months ago

Hey Guys--I have my interview at Nova Orlando on Monday and I'm just curious--Is the essay portion on a computer or is it hand written? Thanks!

rgrocoff in Orlando, Florida

55 months ago

anyone know how close Nova Orlando is to filling up the incoming 2010 class?

rgrocoff in Orlando, Florida

55 months ago

on the GRE, how important is the issue and argument essays for admittance to the Nova Orlando program?

sprinkles in Gainesville, Florida

55 months ago

I was accepted in December and when I was there they told me there were around 30 seats left. There are only 20 or so of us in the facebook group...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rgrocoff

55 months ago

Sprinkles,

Thanks for your reply

Is the essay part of the GRE really important for Nova?

Also, please let me know how to find the Nova PA group in Facebook

Nicole in Punta Gorda, Florida

55 months ago

sprinkles in Gainesville, Florida said: I was accepted in December and when I was there they told me there were around 30 seats left. There are only 20 or so of us in the facebook group...

Anyone heard anything lately...interviews...acceptances?

rgrocoff

55 months ago

Nicole in Punta Gorda, Florida said: Anyone heard anything lately...interviews...acceptances?

Nicole:

I sent a message to you a few days ago and was wondering how important the essay portion of the GRE exam is for admittance to Nova-Orlando.
I am taking the GRE this Sat. and then hoping to get my interview with Nova by early to mid-Feb.

Also, let me know how to find the Nova Orlando group on Facebook.

You can e-mail me at: RONGWD@aol.com

Ron

Nicole in Punta Gorda, Florida

55 months ago

Ron,

I do not know how important the essay portion of the GRE is, also I do not know how to find the facebook group. I was wondering on recent updates on interviews or acceptances.

rgrocoff said: Nicole:

I sent a message to you a few days ago and was wondering how important the essay portion of the GRE exam is for admittance to Nova-Orlando.
I am taking the GRE this Sat. and then hoping to get my interview with Nova by early to mid-Feb.

Also, let me know how to find the Nova Orlando group on Facebook.

You can e-mail me at: RONGWD@aol.com

Ron

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.