PA with a Doctorate in Chiropractic

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Ryan7 in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

37 months ago

I have a doctorate in chiropractic and practiced for 3 years, however; I have been in surgical sales for the last 7 years. I miss the contact that I had with my patients and have been considering going back to school for a PA master's. The doctors that I work with recommend this field as well. I have worked predominately with neurosurgeons and ortho doctors in the hospital setting. My question is this, do you feel that this would be a smart move for me and would my experience make me more marketable? I do not want to return to chiropractic for multiple reasons but do believe that I could provide a benefit to patients with my background and experience. Thank you for any advice that you can give me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sdoc in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri

30 months ago

Hello,

I am considering the same thing.(for multiple reasons) Was wondering any progress with your situation. Most of my friends who I graduated from DC "school" with are taking different paths, some PA and some DO/MD. Both have told me they get negative responses during the interview process from having the DC degree (of course). They say to steer away from your affiliation with chiropractic.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

WDCW in Ballwin, Missouri

18 months ago

Have either of you applied to PA school yet, I am early in the process but have not made the final decision to just go full force and do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.