Shadow a PA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Anneisha in New York, New York

78 months ago

I'm having difficulties finding a PA to shadow. Do anyone know of a PA I can shadow during the summer? You can email me at anneisha.campbell@mssm.edu

Thank You!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (128) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

Kristiana Brown in Berea, Ohio

78 months ago

I also am having the same problem finding a PA to shadow for this summer. If anyone has any information my email is klbrown@bw.edu.
~Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

maliha in Valdosta, Georgia

76 months ago

Hey there. I am also having same problems. please some one contact me at malihaz13@yahoo.com

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ananda in Los Angeles, California

76 months ago

Anneisha in New York, New York said: I'm having difficulties finding a PA to shadow. Do anyone know of a PA I can shadow during the summer? You can email me at anneisha.campbell@mssm.edu

Thank You!

Hey there,

There is a really great program in Los Angeles at Los Angeles County Hospital (University of SOuthern CAlifornia). It is called the PA-H/DEM program (PA helper/department of Emergency Medicine). I don't know where you live but it would be a great summer opportunity. You have to complete 100 hours of PA shadowing, that is the only requirement. There are numerous PAs there and many others to help you apply to PA schools and learn more about the experience.

The person to contact is Maria Castro in the volunteer office.

323 226 6945

She will send you an application and some literature. The program is outstanding! You actually help the PAs do their work. You are physicians assistant's assistants! Its so much fun. Tell them ANANDA referred you to them. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Roxanne in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

I also having the same problem finding a PA to shadow for this summer in new york. If anyone has any information, please contact me:roxannebatuk@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kim Luu in Birmingham, Alabama

75 months ago

I'm also having trouble finding PA to shadow. Does any one know of any in dallas, TX? Please email me back at kkimmyg12@yahoo.com if you know of any. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Graham in Dublin, Ohio

75 months ago

I need to find a PA to shadow as well. Does anyone know of any in Columbus, ohio. My email is jgraham0729@gmail.com Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Teresa in Astoria, New York

75 months ago

Anneisha in New York, New York said: I'm having difficulties finding a PA to shadow. Do anyone know of a PA I can shadow during the summer? You can email me at anneisha.campbell@mssm.edu

Thank You!

Hi Anneisha,

Have you had any luck finding a PA to shadow?

I also live in NYC and am having the TOUGHEST time finding a PA to shadow. The interest is there, but the logistics of making it happen has been challenging. I noticed that you are affiliated with Mt. Sinai. I currently volunteer there and am tempted to just walk in to the ER with my resume. I'm going to ask volunteer services to see if they can help me, too. Email me, maybe we can attack this together! ms.teresa.luong@gmail.com

Teresa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shivani in Easton, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

i have question about letter of recommendation.

CASPA requires 3 letters to be submitted online. I already have one from a doc, one from a PA in Internal med. I could have the third one count from my Anatomy Physiology Prof who doesn't knwo me that well but i had an A in her class or i could have it from my boss who knows me very well from Biomedical engineering job where i had worked for two years. which one of the two should i pick... professor or boss?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mariana in East Brunswick, New Jersey in Kearny, New Jersey

75 months ago

I also have a problem finding a PA shadow in NJ. if anyone can referre me on my email maashamalla@yahoo.com that would be great.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Teresa in New York, New York

75 months ago

Mariana--

I found this website: www.njsspa.org/committees/shadowapp.html it's worth a try!

I just recently found a PA to shadow at a smaller hospital in NYC and offers from another small hospital in the Bronx. The larger hospitals are tougher but from what I found the smaller hospitals have more availbility. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sami in South Ozone Park, New York

74 months ago

Teresa--

I was wondering which hospitals in the NYC area you found that allow the shadowing of a PA. I think Montefiore hospital in the Bronx does it, but where else have you found?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Victoria in La Jolla, California

74 months ago

I am also having a tough time shadowing a PA. Does any one know of programs in San Diego?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

teresa in Hoboken, New Jersey

73 months ago

Sami,
I scored a shadow at New York Eye and Ear because I have a friend that works there--they said they would do it for a friend but usually don't do it b/c it requires a lot of work on their end. I also had to commit to an extra 100 hours of community service (which was fine because I learn a lot there and they are really nice!). The person I was shadowing also *just* recently left so isn't there to ask. I would definitely go with Montifiore--sounds like they have more opportunities.

Good luck!

Lisa Pawar in Silver Spring, Maryland

73 months ago

I am glad to know that I am not the only one having a hard time finding a PA to shadow. No one returns my calls to even tell me that they are not interested. What is up? I live in the DC area and I am desperately trying to find a PA to shadow or even just give me an reference. I have all my other requirements met except for this one.

Would love any suggestions.

Lisa

Adam in San Diego, California

73 months ago

Victoria in La Jolla, California said: I am also having a tough time shadowing a PA. Does any one know of programs in San Diego?

Hi Victoria,

Just wondering, have you had any luck finding a PA to shadow. I live in San Diego and am considering going to PA school but would like to find a PA to shadow first. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks!

Adam

Victoria in La Jolla, California

73 months ago

Hello Adam,

I have not found a PA to shadow yet. I called Kaiser and they will not do it because of HIPPA. What I am going to do is try at clinics in the area and also try the VA Hospital in La Jolla. The clinics might be eaiser to shadow a PA than at a major hospital. If I find out anything I will be sure to let you know. Someone also told me to check the Childrens hospital.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Adam in San Diego, California

73 months ago

Hey Victoria, Thanks and good luck!

Sailu in Long Beach, California

71 months ago

Hi Ananda,
Thank you for the info you shared here.I am an IMG living in Long Beach.
I am looking for shadowing programs in Los Angeles county.Can I use this reference?

Thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Salima

69 months ago

Lisa Pawar in Silver Spring, Maryland said: I am glad to know that I am not the only one having a hard time finding a PA to shadow. No one returns my calls to even tell me that they are not interested. What is up? I live in the DC area and I am desperately trying to find a PA to shadow or even just give me an reference. I have all my other requirements met except for this one.

Would love any suggestions.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,I got your message from Indeed site while I was looking for shadowing.
Your email was posted 3 months ago and I am wondering since then did you get any shadowing and where?
I'm still looking.

Thanks a lot for your help

Linda Luv in Columbus, Ohio

69 months ago

Shivani in Easton, Pennsylvania said: i have question about letter of recommendation.

CASPA requires 3 letters to be submitted online. I already have one from a doc, one from a PA in Internal med. I could have the third one count from my Anatomy Physiology Prof who doesn't knwo me that well but i had an A in her class or i could have it from my boss who knows me very well from Biomedical engineering job where i had worked for two years. which one of the two should i pick... professor or boss?

You have probably already figured this out and submitted the CASPA application, but for future references you should go with the boss. They know you and are going to be give better detail of how well you work and your dedication than any professor who barely knows you. And if the boss has known you longer it just make more sense for them to write the reference

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda Luv in Columbus, Ohio

69 months ago

Adam in San Diego, California said: Hi Victoria,

Just wondering, have you had any luck finding a PA to shadow. I live in San Diego and am considering going to PA school but would like to find a PA to shadow first. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks!

Adam

I found some PA's through my states PA association's website... Many of the new grads were willing to let me shadow even if it was just once. Trying the aapa.org and link to your home state.... Or try connecting with local PA programs and recent grads. Most programs don't give out student's or former student's info so you have to be tactful...like give your e-mail and ask if they could reply...Ask question about the school and the lead into shadowing opportunities

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Viv in La Jolla, California

69 months ago

Did any one have any luck finding a PA shadow position in San Diego yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sarah King in Kansas City, Missouri

66 months ago

I am looking for a Physicans Assistant to shadow in Kansas City. Does anyone have any ideas?

jon tran in San Marino, California

62 months ago

If anyone can help me find a PA to shadow in the LOs Angeles area it would be really great. If not shadow, whats the next best thing I can do to help better my chances?? Thank you all in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michaela Hayes in Lyndhurst, New Jersey

62 months ago

If anyone could help me find a PA to shadow located in the northern new jersey area, i would truly appreciate it as I am having some difficulty finding one in my area, please email me at michaelacheri@yahoo.com

MARY BOAYUE in Ypsilanti, Michigan

62 months ago

I am having trouble finding a PA to shadow. Anyone in SE Michigan with ideas??

rwarsi in Chandler, Arizona

61 months ago

I'm having trouble finding a PA to shadow too:( If anyone has any information and knows any PA in Chandler, AZ please e-mail me at rahila_14@yahoo.com

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sylvia in Union City, New Jersey

61 months ago

Hi Everybody,
I live in NJ and I am having trouble finding a PA to shadow. I have checked everywhere I know, emailed volunteer hospitals and called them but I haven't had any good news in finding a PA to shadow. Does anybody know any PA in NJ? I will apply to a PA program in a year but first I need the experience. Can someone please help me> I heard they are not doing the shadow anymore, is it true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sylvia in Union City, New Jersey

61 months ago

Hi Everybody,
I live in NJ and I am having trouble finding a PA to shadow. I have checked everywhere I know, emailed volunteer hospitals and called them but I haven't had any good news in finding a PA to shadow. Does anybody know any PA in NJ? I will apply to a PA program in a year but first I need the experience. Can someone please help me> I heard they are not doing the shadow anymore, is it true? my email is sofori@spc.edu

eabrahim in Basking Ridge, New Jersey

60 months ago

Sylvia in Union City, New Jersey said: Hi Everybody,
I live in NJ and I am having trouble finding a PA to shadow. I have checked

I understand it is more difficult to get shadowing opportunities due to HIPAA requirements (Title II, Privacy Rule). I only hope the PA schools are taking this into account and relaxing their shadowing requirements.

Claire S in California

60 months ago

It seems like a lot of people are having trouble (myself included) trying to find PA's to shadow.
I'm in the Bay Area and and haven't found one yet. I applied for 5 volunteer positions in the last two months and not one has responded despite my emails and phone calls.
I'm not sure what to do at this point, other than just walk in to medical offices and offer to help out.

Nathan in Pittston, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

I am a practicing PA-C. In my hospital, the medical education dept filters those wishing to shadow. They then take care of the HIPPA hassles. I(I think that you have to fill out a lot of forms and see a video...)

ABENITEZ in NEW YORK, New York

58 months ago

Hi, I am having difficulty finding a PA to shadow. As many of you probably already know, this is a requirement before getting accepted to a PA program. I live in the Westchester County area of NY. I am willing to travel to NYC if I must. Anyone know how I can find a PA to shadow? Or who I can speak with about this? Please let me know, thanks!

htkyte in Somerville, Massachusetts

55 months ago

Hi everyone! Like many of you as I see, I am not particularly sure the appropriate way to go about setting up a PA shadowing experience either. I would love to get that experience...especially in family medicine or pediatrics. I am currently an EMT-B with a BS in biochemistry. I'm finishing up a few requisite courses this summer and should be eligible to apply for next year! I would love to have a PA shadowing experience- any PA in Boston,MA up for a shadow? I am professional and good with patients. Email me back: htkyte@gmail.com
Thanks,
Heather

Hey everyone in Brooklyn, New York

55 months ago

I am trying to find a hospital or clinic where they can let you shadow a PA for a couple of days. I am in the Pre Physician Assistant program and really need the hours. If anyone knows about any hospital or clinic in NYC. Please e-mail at svivieca@yahoo.com and put in the subject line "Shadowing PA in NYC" .

Thank you,

Stephanie

na807 in Tampa Bay Area/ New York City, Florida

54 months ago

Teresa in New York, New York said: Mariana--

I found this website: www.njsspa.org/committees/shadowapp.html it's worth a try!

I just recently found a PA to shadow at a smaller hospital in NYC and offers from another small hospital in the Bronx. The larger hospitals are tougher but from what I found the smaller hospitals have more availbility. Good luck!

Hi, I am living in NYC and am having problems finding shadowing oppurtunities. Unfortunately, the NJSSPA no longer has a shadowing list and I would like to know if you could email the hospitals that had PAs to shadow or who you contacted. My email is na807@nyu.edu Thanks!

caramelgt in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

53 months ago

Hi, I live in port saint lucie fl. I'm having a very hard time finding a physician assistant to shadow. If anyone has any information my email is blall@fau.edu. I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks

hsankoh in Worcester, Massachusetts

52 months ago

Am also looking for a physician assistant to shado in the worcester, massachusetts.If anyone have any idea please let me know.

Tes in San Jose, California

52 months ago

Hi I'm looking for a PA to shadow for a week or two. I live in Daly City, so anywhere in the bay area is fine. If you have any information, please send to my email, tesyim@gmail.com.

papa in Kansas City, Missouri

52 months ago

Hello, i am looking for a PA to shadow in kansas city. I leave in Olathe Ks and i do not mind driving. So please email me if you could help me or know anyone else i would truely appreciate it. I also quite my job and i am in desperate need of the PA shadowing hours. Thanks.

isha82@hotmail.com

Kristen in Leawood, Kansas

50 months ago

Hi, I am applying to PA school soon and would like to shadow some PA's in different job fields. I live in the Kansas City area. I have shadowed ortho PA's but would like to shadow an ER PA or any other genre.

Thanks!

FRANK in SAN DIEGO in El Cajon, California

49 months ago

It seems like a lot of people are having trouble (myself included) trying to find PA's to shadow.
I'm in the SAN DIEGO and and haven't found one yet. I applied for more than 5 volunteer positions in the last two months and not one has responded despite my emails and phone calls.
I'm not sure what to do at this point, other than just walk in to medical offices and offer to help out. Anyone have any ideas in the San Diego Area?

Umber in Southington, Connecticut

48 months ago

I am also having trouble findig a PA who i can shadow. Can somebody help me find a PA who i can shadow? I have applied for many volunteer positions and didnt hear anything from any hospitals.

samitch3 in Phoenix, Arizona

47 months ago

Hi, I live in Phoenix, AZ and I am looking for a PA to shadow. Are there any suggestions on how I can find one or does anyone know of any in the Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa area? My email is: staci.mitchell03@yahoo.com

Orestes in Miami, Florida

47 months ago

Hi, I am also looking for a PA in dermatoloy and cardiology in the Miami/Ft Lauderdale areas. In the past, I have shadowed oncologists which was a very rewarding and informative experience. I also shadowed in a family practice where I saw cases from the very young to the old. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I would really appreciate it if someone could recommend some PAs. My email is orestes.benavides001@mymdc.net

Nana in Los Altos, California

47 months ago

Hello! I am also having much difficulty finding a PA to shadow. If you may know of any PAs that are willing to be shadowed please let me know. Any days/any times/any specialties/anywhere in the South Bay Area or Sacramento Area... I appreciate your feedback/suggestions! Please contact me at: tigerny16@hotmail.com

Paula in Bronx, New York

46 months ago

I too am looking for a PA to shadow in the NYC area. If anyone has any additional info, please let me know. My email is paularosario234@hotmail.com.

Kerline in Miami, Florida

45 months ago

In, Miami, Florida and would love to shadow a PA but do not know where to begin in searching from one. If any one has any insight please email me at kdesmaret10@yahoo.com I would greatly appreciate the information. Thank you in advance.

na807 in Tampa Bay, Florida

45 months ago

You can go on the Florida Pa website and they have a list of people to shadow in miami

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.