How to become a physician assistant?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

dhudz in Auckland, New Zealand

52 months ago

I'm a general practitioner in the Philippines. I came here in Auckland to practice my nursing career which I acquired before starting my medical course. I achieved my medical degree in 2003. Just came here in Auckland few months ago. Since I'm not registered professionally here in Auckland or haven't taken any exams for the moment, I'm working as a healthcare assistant in a nursing home and plan to become a registered nurse here in Auckland. However, I'm still confused which path to undertake for my future career...Too many options to choose. Plan to become R.N., but treating patients as what doctors do is what I love more to do. I have similar reason as Carolyn why I chose to go on a different path with my career, away from M.D. Becoming an R.N. is the way I know, yet I encountered you were talking about PAs and sounds interesting to me. I was planning to enrol in natural medicine for next year and will take me 3 years or more, but now I doubted. I rather want to become a PA instead. I don't know how to start the process and which school in Auckland to enrol. Anybody who can share experience and opinion please.? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.