How intense is the PA program for a MA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Evergreen3 in Bayside, New York

15 months ago

I live in NY and I already have a BS in bio and was looking into getting a MA in PA, but I heard that the PA programs are like Medschool programs! I don't think I 'd be able to handle that, but would love to get opinons from people that are in PA programs. Is it that intense? =/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ErinPA in Ankeny, Iowa

14 months ago

PA programs are very intense, the programs are based on the medical model so what you learn is pretty much what medical students learn, just not as in depth. Many of your classes will be with med school students. You are in school pretty much everyday from 8-4 or 5 and then you study, there is no time for a job. But the good part is class rankings do not matter, so you just need to pass. You will hear about rankings from med school students because they have to apply for residencies. PA's dont. And its only one year, then you do clinics and you're done. Its very worth it!! Trust me, I graduated in May and have had a couple job offers with great benefits and a great schedule.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ren33

14 months ago

ErinPA in Ankeny, Iowa said: PA programs are very intense, the programs are based on the medical model so what you learn is pretty much what medical students learn, just not as in depth. Many of your classes will be with med school students. You are in school pretty much everyday from 8-4 or 5 and then you study, there is no time for a job. But the good part is class rankings do not matter, so you just need to pass. You will hear about rankings from med school students because they have to apply for residencies. PA's dont. And its only one year, then you do clinics and you're done. Its very worth it!! Trust me, I graduated in May and have had a couple job offers with great benefits and a great schedule.

So my question is do you have to do RN before you can become PA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Evergreen3 in Bayside, New York

14 months ago

ren33 said: So my question is do you have to do RN before you can become PA

I don't think you do

ren33 in Baltimore, Maryland

14 months ago

Evergreen3 in Bayside, New York said: I don't think you do

The reason why i ask im trying to get my LPN then i wanna go straight into doing PA

ErinPA in Ankeny, Iowa

14 months ago

ren33 in Baltimore, Maryland said: The reason why i ask im trying to get my LPN then i wanna go straight into doing PA

You do NOT have to be a nurse before being a PA. I was a respiratory therapist, and there were many people in my class that were CMA, couple that were athletic trainers, phlebotomist and EMTs. There was even one guy who work with an Eye Donation Network. But working an a LPN would be great, just make sure to get enough hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ren33 in Baltimore, Maryland

14 months ago

Thank.you for the info

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.