You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

mohammad in Jordan

52 months ago

i been working as welder and i have lats ex for that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sbqaudrider in Kansas City, Missouri

52 months ago

Trying to find a new job to start off the new year, I have been a welder for over 18 yrs. I was with the same co. for 18 yrs., but was layed off. Do you need a good worker, cause I need a new job, thanks. sbqaudrider@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

eugene estrada in Kingston, Pennsylvania

51 months ago

I was recently layed off from my non union job, of weding and fabricating custom rail for 18 yrs. yea I thought I would retire from this place. I need to know how to join the union, who to ask and call. I want to get certified and learn pipe fitting skills, or be in the milwright union, I really would like to keep building rail, but I'm up to any thing, that is skill trade, and will boost my experience, I'm not a quitter and need a place to retire from, any suggestions and help,desperately needed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

2twenty2 in Huntington Beach, California

50 months ago

eugene estrada in Kingston, Pennsylvania said: I was recently layed off from my non union job, of weding and fabricating custom rail for 18 yrs. yea I thought I would retire from this place. I need to know how to join the union, who to ask and call. I want to get certified and learn pipe fitting skills, or be in the milwright union, I really would like to keep building rail, but I'm up to any thing, that is skill trade, and will boost my experience, I'm not a quitter and need a place to retire from, any suggestions and help,desperately needed!

Get a hold of your local pipefitters union and apply for the apprentice program. I'm out of local 250 Los Angeles and I believe they start 1st period apprentices at 17.00 an hour.

Do you have any pipe certs or structural certs? Having these could help you start as a 2nd or third year apprentice.

Another way to do it is to join as a MTH (Metal Trades Helper). That way you have access to the welding facility. Then you can practice to get your UA 21,22 and 41 certs to get your welders book.

The UA 21 is 6010 root and 7018 out on 2" XXS pipe. The UA 22 is Tig root(ER 70S-2) and 7018 out on 2" XXS pipe. The UA 41 is Tig root,fill,and cap on carbon steel 2" sch.80 with 309 stainless filler rod. All three tests are in the 6g.

Good luck brother!!! Work is slow, but joining as an apprentice will most likely keep you working because of your lower pay scale opposed to a journeyman's wage. Your welding experience will also set you apart from the others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jeffery norris in Long Beach, California

33 months ago

i need a welding job in

the longbeach area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Joe

29 months ago

Im looking for a welding job i have 10yrs experience im in the compton area ......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Alena linus in Lanham, Maryland

3 months ago

I will like to a play to your union as a welder with a ten years of experience in the Cameroon shipyard and industrial engineering(CNIC).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.