pipeline welding

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 706)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

MWnMobile in Mobile, Alabama

71 months ago

welderswife in Bokoshe, Oklahoma said: If anybody knows of any structural, pipeline or rig welding jobs please email me at danieltsgirl88@yahoo.com. My husband has been out of work for three months and I can't pay all the bills with the money I make. We are struggling day to day to feed our kids. Please let me know something

Hey just wanted to let you know about another good job search site... completely free membership... and it has a live chat service to talk to other construction people just like you and me.. My name is Gary and this site covers job openings in all crafts...Give it a try and if ya like it spread the word will you... its completely free and easy to use.... hope to see ya there...heres the link...

smokepen.phpbb3now.com/index.php

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jig

71 months ago

Union.. non-Union, I don't care.. I jus pray we can all get back to work soon. BTW for all the kids wantin to break out, find a good welder and work for him. No, the pay isn't as good. Yes you'll breathe and roll around in god knows what, but the mental preparation and experience will be invaluable in a few years when you wanna strike out on your own. BTW the most important thing w/ pipe is practice. Keep cuttin n weldin nipples til you're sick (then repeat) and make sure someone's helpin you w/ what you oughta be lookin for. You don't wanna just pass the test, you wanna consistently produce quality welds. A lot of hands don't get that and wind up gettin ran-off cause they werent as ready as they thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

michael in De Queen, Arkansas

71 months ago

Hey everybody this is welders wife. My husband loves what he does, but, in this day and time he can not find a job anywhere. He has a degree in welding and is a gret man. We at the time are lving off of only my salary. We have 3 beautiful children and want to make the best for them. If anybody out there hears of any jobs around arkansas plz let us know we would so appreciate it. Good luck to everybody and if we hear anythang we will be a helping hand to ya'll. Family in arkansas looking for welding work.
God bless everybody.

beak551 in MARION, Illinois

71 months ago

Broke N down in Arlington, Texas said: 798 is one of the best unions out their period. We are strong and getting stronger. We get alot of work by sticking together. We dont like rats and people that work for them...If you work for us then stay with us..If you cross over to a rat company you have turned you back on me and my brothers and sisters.. I have no simpathy on you cry babies not working that have turned there back on the union...We stay together threw thick and thin...Now you want to come back to the union because you cant find work..the hell with you..the hell with that. go back to you rat company ...The only way we stay strong and keep our work is weeding out peolple that cross over and turn their backs to the union...For those who dont understand let me break it down...
For every hour work on a rat job that is taking our "union" money away..
thats insurance
thats retirement
thats wages

join the union stay in the union

amen brother im no golden arm its a u justgottawanna thing UP5! beak551

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Weldin Weldin in Arlington, Texas

71 months ago

cetree20 in Houston, Texas

5 months ago said:

a rig welder is a sub contractor working for a project manager in a specific job like welding.
single hand welding is having the ability toweld with only one hand meaning smaw which is stick rod welding

Thats a creative answer and shows that like any good welder you understand that you must always sound competent even when your not really sure whats going on, LOL, but a rig welder OWNS his own "rig" and a singlehand owns only his "hand" and maybe a small bucket of tools. A rig welder therfore does do something specific for someone specific such as welding :) and against your prediction, owning a welding rig has no effect on being able to weld one handed, but it is encouraged for running root passes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Weldin Weldin in Arlington, Texas

71 months ago

Broke N down in Arlington, Texas said: 798 is one of the best unions out their period. We are strong and getting stronger. We get alot of work by sticking together. We dont like rats and people that work for them...If you work for us then stay with us..If you cross over to a rat company you have turned you back on me and my brothers and sisters.. I have no simpathy on you cry babies not working that have turned there back on the union...We stay together threw thick and thin...Now you want to come back to the union because you cant find work..the hell with you..the hell with that. go back to you rat company ...The only way we stay strong and keep our work is weeding out peolple that cross over and turn their backs to the union...For those who dont understand let me break it down...
For every hour work on a rat job that is taking our "union" money away..
thats insurance
thats retirement
thats wages

join the union stay in the union

Do you think because you pay your money to someone that it guarantees you a secure future? Is it that you feel they are more competent to make good choices with your hard earned money than you? You don't have the wits to do it yourself? Personally i've never joined 798 because I did great without it, but I never ruled it out either. Its a personal choice. Unions are good, and carving your own path is good too. Get in where you fit in. But honestly is it neccessary to refer to a non union welder or even some hard working entrepeneur repeatedly as rats? To openly state that other working men are an imminent threat to you being able to lay on the couch and keep benefits going? Thats quite a righteous view you have of yourself and your union, and i'm sure it real nice. With an attitude and a mouth like you got toward the common worker its probably a good thing you pay someone to sponsor you and protect you from yourself. Maybe why your broke and down is because of all that talkin you do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marawson902 in Palestine, Texas

71 months ago

Beveling Machines for sale 2" - 4" Mathey $400.00 And a 4" - 6" Matchey $400.00. San Antonio Texas area. My husband had not been able to get a job for about 4 months. It is time we find another career. So we have to sell his welding materials. Please email me at rawson.melinda@yahoo.com. if interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pipeliners Wife in Wetumka, Oklahoma

71 months ago

Hang in there it took 8 months before my husband went back to work but there is a lot of work supposed to kick off here at the end of the year and after the first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

travelinwelder in Wann, Oklahoma

71 months ago

We are always working. The only time that we are not working is when we choose to take the time off to go and have fun. Jobs are out there, if you look, and if you are a good hand!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

corymarshall in Cleburne, Texas

71 months ago

new to the forum just wondering if anyone had any leads for a rig welder in the barnett shale or surrounding if so e-mail me at corymarshall@rocketmail.com

corymarshall in Cleburne, Texas

71 months ago

thank you and appricate any info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Smattson0711 in Shreveport, Louisiana

71 months ago

crbowman1@ gmail.com in West Monroe, Louisiana said: You are about to jump out of the fire into a frying pan. What I am going to tell you applies to union and non union work both. The life of a pipeline worker or welder is any thing but easy the jobs are very demanding, hard, hot, and dirty. Most people are only going to talk about the good parts and not the bad. Most pipeline welders and workers will go through divorces, Only the best welders will make a good living doing this, the rest will live feast and famine and get jobs when they are lucky enough to pass a welding test and then not get fired for bad welds or being to slow. The last several years have been very good for welders but this will change as the economy and work slows down. You will began to see the welding inspectors get very strict on the pre employment welding test. Then only the best will work on a regular basis. You will not be able to depend on 798 providing you with regular work Just like non union contractors, union contractors hire most of their union employees directly and not through the hall. less than 50% of the union employees are dispatched on most jobs. ONLY YOUR ability to do your job right,keep your mouth shut, get along with people, and not cause trouble on jobs will keep you working and making a good living in the pipeline industry. I have been able to make a good living in the welding industry for over 25 years, but I have rode different horses many times. I have welded on pipelines, in refineries, lay barges, power plants, offshore platforms and drilling rigs all over the United States, Gulf of mexico, and Alaska. If this is what you are looking for then go for it, good people are hard to find and always welcome.

Its AWESOME to actually read what my husband has been telling me all these years from someone else.He is looking for a way to advance. He tells me its not what you know anymore its who you know. Also its harder 4 a honest man to move up. Is this true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

travelinwelder in Wann, Oklahoma said: We are always working. The only time that we are not working is when we choose to take the time off to go and have fun. Jobs are out there, if you look, and if you are a good hand!

With the way the economy is everyone is taking care of the ones they know first i.e. it is who you know that is going to get you hired or a least a welding test, every job or I guess I should say test that my husband has every got is because he knew a boss or someone on the job put a bug in the boss man's ear. The if you are a good hand comes into play when it comes test time for the welder and also at rehire time if the company has another job down the line. So really I guess what I am saying is it takes who you know and making a good hand especially right now. Every one of our friends has been out of work for at least three months this year and not a single one of them by choice, but everyone is working again and I thank God for that.

ricarte08 in San Antonio, Texas

71 months ago

I have been a welder/ironworker for five years and am trying to find something in the san antonio area even with a union anything will help i have plenty of experiece and I have my certifications. If anyone knows of anything please e-mail me at rricarte08@yahoo.com Thank you.

cuz in San Antonio, Texas

70 months ago

Kansas Rig Welder in Howard, Kansas said: Looking for rig work anywhere my truck will take me!
I just can't seem to hear about anything until they have already hired their help.
I have call over 50 places and it is the same story...sorry dude already full, or slow right now, or the best...we hire union only!
I have even applied to the 798 but I haven't heard anything yet.

i keep hearing the same thing. I've been rig welding for ten years, and 2009 has been my worst year yet. My phone ain't ringing any more. Times are hard. If your like me you probly have people depending on you. So you gotta stay strong. don't give up. If you called 50 employers today, then tomarrow you call 100 employers. 50 wasen't good enough. Something will come up. Relie on the lord,(Jesus Christ)to be your streath, will carry you through these troulbed waters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

cuz in San Antonio, Texas

70 months ago

Pipeliners Wife in Wetumka, Oklahoma said: We still have not went back to work and we are dying here last work was in february and bill collecters are blowing up our phones, but can't change our numbers cause of people who might call with work :( If anyone has any leads please help we have a 3 year old at home and unemployment is more that we could get jobs for but it don't pay the bills. Anyone with any rig welder leads can feel free to contact me at TinysWelding@yahoo.com if you do not want to post anything here. Any leads will end with me and I will not share them with anyone else it is dog eat dog and every man for himself so I promise I will not share any leads and they would be greatly appreciated!

pumpco is going to run a line in shreveport, la.i think it's a 30".the welding formans name is jose. h&s constructors out of corpus christi tx is going to start a new construction project at the citgo refinery in cc,tx. its not pipeline but its a job for a rig welder. i hope this helps. god bless you and your whole family.

marawson902 in Palestine, Texas

70 months ago

Thank you so much for your info. I will have him call them today. God Bless You. There is people still that care.

Rig Welder In Calgary in Calgary, Alberta

70 months ago

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Welders , hvy equip ops or carpenters are needed in Iraq/Afgan
send your resume to nighter2@hotmail.com

Is this the person that is hiring for the oversea jobs, or is he a middle man just collecting resumes for someone else. I very interested in going to Iraq to work but having a hard time finding the right connections to get there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada

70 months ago

Sorry Rig Welder, the help i am offering is for people who want a job that are citizens of the USA, for a US Govt, Contract.
No offense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cody Youngman in Stephenville, Texas

70 months ago

Any one know of some work around Stephenville tx?

Slim in Lake Charles, Louisiana

70 months ago

adeania said: my son is trying to get on in minden ,la. do you know these people

u said ur son is trying to get on in minden,la? if u could help me out with any names or numbers would appreciate it very much. im a rig welder in lake charles,la looking for work around la.or southeast tx. u can email me at tracygarrettt2002@yahoo.com thanx, slim

jatin jolly in Ahmadabad, India

70 months ago

an pipeline contract job is there in gujarat then just inform us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Donnie in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

70 months ago

Does anyone have any leads to rig welding jobs, anywhere? Personal reply richardson-welding@sbcglobal.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wifeofawelder in Hazard, Kentucky

70 months ago

yeah and you probably wont. the hall has to be empty before they can accept any new welders. my husband has been in 798 for 5 years now and this year work from january to may and thats it. he made around $90,000 because they worked most of the time 7 days a week. but the last 9 months has been hard. good luck to all who are looking. we havent been able to find anything!

Kansas Rig Welder in Howard, Kansas said: Looking for rig work anywhere my truck will take me!
I just can't seem to hear about anything until they have already hired their help.
I have call over 50 places and it is the same story...sorry dude already full, or slow right now, or the best...we hire union only!
I have even applied to the 798 but I haven't heard anything yet.

larrylawson35 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

70 months ago

Hvac Pro in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Sorry Rig Welder, the help i am offering is for people who want a job that are citizens of the USA, for a US Govt, Contract.
No offense.

I would like that job. Could you Email me the information to lawsonsweldingservice@yahoo.com

Thanks, Larry

Lewsader in Mattoon, Illinois

70 months ago

tbo003 in Bastrop, Louisiana said: i am a firefighter in louisiana. i am recently vested in the retirement system.(i will get a check even if i quit.)I am thinking about trying to become a welders helper in local 798.maybe then move up to welder.will have to jump in head first.money sounds good but what are down sides?i will never make that much money firefighting.just thinking about starting new career.can u take wife with u?what do u need to start?[/QUOTE

if you are going to be a helper nothing realy you need to be good at math cutting whit a torch the use of a grinder now if you are going to weld out of 798 as a welder you will need a welding machine a truck and some of you own tools its better to find a deal on all this stuff befor jumping rite in i look for a good used welding machine fo 3 yrs befor i came a cross a good one that i did not have to put any money into it. its a 1970 to 1980 modle 4cl contanitale engin gas 200amp 40volts these are the best welding machnies for the job on pipeline work i paid only 1000 for mine which i had to make new side doors and roof cost 150 for that and parts a hard to find and not cheap heres a web site www.bills welder repair.com

70 months ago

cuz in San Antonio, Texas said: pumpco is going to run a line in shreveport, la.i think it's a 30".the welding formans name is jose. h&s constructors out of corpus christi tx is going to start a new construction project at the citgo refinery in cc,tx. its not pipeline but its a job for a rig welder. i hope this helps. god bless you and your whole family.

Thank you for the line on the work, we really appreciate it, I will have him check into it. He has a line on some work right now to that I think is actually going to pan out. If I hear of anything I will post it.

70 months ago

Sure could use some help locating work, rig welding job. I can TIG,MIG,STICK,and FLUX CORE. any position. any help would be greatly appreciated.

70 months ago

My Email is lawsonsweldingservice@yahoo.com any welding work at all, I have a WELDING RIG.

burton poole in Bangor, Maine

70 months ago

JJ in Granbury, Texas said: any pipeline jobs up north hiring?

south michigan dow chem.. fitters n welders e- mail johnB@ctrc.com..im goin i think

welder in Jacksonville, Florida

70 months ago

tbo003 in Bastrop, Louisiana said: i am a firefighter in louisiana. i am recently vested in the retirement system.(i will get a check even if i quit.)I am thinking about trying to become a welders helper in local 798.maybe then move up to welder.will have to jump in head first.money sounds good but what are down sides?i will never make that much money firefighting.just thinking about starting new career.can u take wife with u?what do u need to start?

hello mr firefighter i am only 24 years of age and ive been welding for 2 years im at my second welding job and im geting 39.10 an hour last week i made 3200 dollars after tax at about 68 hours that week. i love my career. if you save your money and spend it wizely their will be no down sides

70 months ago

welder in Jacksonville, Florida said: hello mr firefighter i am only 24 years of age and ive been welding for 2 years im at my second welding job and im geting 39.10 an hour last week i made 3200 dollars after tax at about 68 hours that week. i love my career. if you save your money and spend it wizely their will be no down sides

What type of welding do you do and are they hiring? Need work bad.

james butler in Visalia, California

70 months ago

Hi im fresh out of a vocationa welding school. I can arc weld any position. Certified unlimeted. I want to get into pipe layin in Bakersfield.I have no job experience. Dose any one know of any good companys to start out at? Also how much dose a helper start out at.

798MadCountry70+ in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

70 months ago

james butler in Visalia, California said: Hi im fresh out of a vocationa welding school. I can arc weld any position. Certified unlimeted. I want to get into pipe layin in Bakersfield.I have no job experience. Dose any one know of any good companys to start out at? Also how much dose a helper start out at.

You want to weld pipe or be helper?

Eddie from E-town in Exeter, California

70 months ago

Ive been welding for six years, i do structural,pipe,mig,tig, flux and gas welding. My last job was in Visalia welding carbon steel pipe at the Khawea hospital, which now has a different name. Ive been out of a job for little over a year and a half...I want an exciting job...so i was interested in getting any information on offshore welding and companies...i'll even go in as a raustabout just to get my foot in the door and then show them what I can do...So if anyone can help me out ...it would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

dvupeet1 in Lafayette, Louisiana

70 months ago

798MadCountry70+ in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: You want to weld pipe or be helper?

hi 798madcountry70, i've currently passed my downhill welding test at the local 798 and now a new member. if you have any leads to who's hiring can you please let me know. you can email me at dvupeet1@yahoo.com. thanks

70 months ago

dvupeet1 in Lafayette, Louisiana said: hi 798madcountry70, i've currently passed my downhill welding test at the local 798 and now a new member. if you have any leads to who's hiring can you please let me know. you can email me at dvupeet1@yahoo.com. thanks

Thats great, who give you your test. im sure you have your # on the owl.When were u there? I just came from there on my way home about the 2 weeks ago.Alot work coming up after the holidays.Right now it is very hard to get a test at 798,how did u get it?

dvupeet1 in Lafayette, Louisiana

70 months ago

798MadCountry70+ in Port Saint Lucie, Florida said: Thats great, who give you your test. im sure you have your # on the owl.When were u there? I just came from there on my way home about the 2 weeks ago.Alot work coming up after the holidays.Right now it is very hard to get a test at 798,how did u get it?

david was my instructor. i'm over 1000 in the owl. and i tested monday. i sent in an application since july and thats how i got my test. yes its hard to find work right now, every where i've called is just starting to lay off. so i'll just hang on tight and if you do hear about something that pops up please let me know. my e-mail is dvupeet1@yahoo.com. thanks alot

70 months ago

dvupeet1 in Lafayette, Louisiana said: david was my instructor. i'm over 1000 in the owl. and i tested monday. i sent in an application since july and thats how i got my test. yes its hard to find work right now, every where i've called is just starting to lay off. so i'll just hang on tight and if you do hear about something that pops up please let me know. my e-mail is dvupeet1@yahoo.com. thanks alot

Yeah david is a good man and awesome liner.ill let u know if something comes up.here is my email newsmith1@juno.com. All i can say is dont let your hand get cold waiting on the owl. See you on the row in 2010.

fitsnwelds2@aol.com in Littleton, Colorado

70 months ago

Smattson0711 in Shreveport, Louisiana said: Its AWESOME to actually read what my husband has been telling me all these years from someone else.He is looking for a way to advance. He tells me its not what you know anymore its who you know. Also its harder 4 a honest man to move up. Is this true?

amen brother

Rick Slaughter in Godley, Texas

69 months ago

I'm looking for work around the area of Godley or Fort Worth Texas has anyone heard of a job in this area, worked in Lousiana for a couple of months then they let lots of us go. Just looking for some help

Jerry Darling in Farmington, Arkansas

69 months ago

If anyone knows of any structgural, pipline, or rig welding jobs, please email me at jerryrdarling@yahoo.com. I have just been laid off as a rig welder (end of a job) in Colorado and I'm on my way back to Arkansas and would appreciate any leads on jobs anywhere. Thanks.

Thomas Weber in Gaylord, Michigan

69 months ago

how do you apply for a Alasakan pipline job. have have been welding for 2 years now.

Rsanderstws in Carrollton, Missouri

69 months ago

Hello I am a recent graduate of a technical welding school. I know work is slow currently, but I am looking to get started in any field. I do have a steady work history with a manufacturing company. When this plant shut down I decided to pursue a career in welding. I did weld for five years but went to school to improve my welding knowledge. I do have a SA200, but I know I probably need to start as a helper to learn the trade. Anyone needing a helper please email me at rsanderstws@yahoo.com. I will also work construction. Any work would be nice to get started. I can pass welding tests.

Newb in Sumter, South Carolina

69 months ago

Dumb new welding student question, but exactly what is a "puddle cap" compared to stringer and weave caps?

I searched the web and can't find anything, and even my instructor hasn't heard of a "puddle cap".

Sorry to intrude, and thanks in advance for helping a beginner!

Downhill

69 months ago

One pass cap the opposite of stringers

welds636 in Eureka Springs, Arkansas

69 months ago

I am a new welder and have been a helper on the piplines for a couple of years now. I have a rig truck but having trouble finding a job obviously. If anyone could stear me in the right direction I would really appriciate it. I'm willing to work any job to get a start.

Newb in Sumter, South Carolina

69 months ago

"One pass cap the opposite of stringers"

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

beak551 in MARION, Illinois

69 months ago

if u puddle cap ur uzing the puddle from one rod size to cap the entire weld if u r capping a2g or 6g pos. weld i dont reccomend it unless u r very familiar with puddle caps the lower toe of the weld will get too far out on the pipe .hold the top just nick the bottom real quick/ hold top nick bottom real quick rod angle is vital angle towards the top hope this helps.

short hood 200 in Englewood, Colorado

69 months ago

it is often done with mig welding processes

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.