What are typical pipe welder salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 1224)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

Bobby in Lakeport, California

72 months ago

Please email me at bobbydeckard@ymail.com if you know of any pipe welder jobs opening up in Texas, Oklahoma or west Louisiana. Am looking foward to getting back home. 12 Years experience in the craft. Have my own rig and equipment. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

k johnson in Burkburnett, Texas

72 months ago

kieth you guys need any riga after the first?????

Dick Girone

72 months ago

Keith in Kaplan, Louisiana said: I have four positions for rig welders right now. The pay is $51/hr. and $90/day per diem. The job is in Northeast Mississippi.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll tell you what kind of weld test you'll have to pass.

You still need rig welders/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rickthewelder@yahoo.ca in Langley, British Columbia

72 months ago

I am looking for work across Canada where I can use my rig. Any suggestions of who is hiring? rickthewelder@yahoo.ca

Shaun Ferrell in Wichita, Kansas

72 months ago

Dick Girone said: You still need rig welders/

I got three rigs but no guys to run the other two rigs. I am not sure how to contact you, but you can contact me at danielle_ferrell@hotmail.com I have five years experience. Thank You.
Shaun

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

smcourier2006@hotmail.co.uk in Birmingham, United Kingdom

72 months ago

hi danielle sorry for replying late to email could you tell me what type of welders u are looking for my collage course will finish the end of jan i am using tig and tig root & arc fill&cap.
would these types of welding be any use to u.
Please let me know and i will start the ball rolling simon.

JPotts77 in Muldrow, Oklahoma

72 months ago

Keith in Lafayette, Louisiana said: I could get a call any time.

Please get me a resume', phone numbers or anything you send me to get in touch with you.

Thanks!

Are you still looking for Rig welders? I have my own rig and tools. I am also 6G certified. I am available please email me @ jwpotts@hughes.net or # is nine 0ne eight six one seven zero seven zero nine. Thank you

Shaun ferrell in Arlington, Virginia

72 months ago

Please get me a resume', phone numbers or anything you send me to get in touch with you.

Thanks!

my email address is danielle_ferrell@hotmail.com.

theblugoose2 in Carlsbad, New Mexico

72 months ago

Thanks!

Keith my names Keith Lambert im in New Mexico looking for work ive been rig welding for 15yrs you still need welders if so please email me @ theblugoose2@yahoo.com and give me your # and i will call you asap
THANK YOU KEITH LAMBERT

D_O_ in southeastern, Oklahoma

72 months ago

i am in desperate need of a J-O-B... i am a rig welder from SE oklahoma. Anybody know of any work in the US willing to travel. My dog is starving...please help soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Travis Byers in Stow, Ohio

72 months ago

Iam 18 years old. I took metal fabrication in school and i loved it. I have been working in a welding and fabrication shop for the past year and a half. I graduated in 2008. I have always liked welding and im just getting tired of going to the same shop everyday. I want to travel and see the world. Iam very intersted in pipeline welding. I have took the 6G weld test. If anyone has any advice for me please send me something. Iam very eager to work.

gilbert in Granby, Massachusetts

72 months ago

hey, to any other fellow experience pipe n rig welder; i am an experience welder skill in fabrication structure work; right now i am up grading my skill on welding pipe 6g open root 7018 cap and i am getting very good at it, but evry add wanted that i see for pipe welding required years experienced welding pipe, and i only have another five months left at this college for welding and i want to get hire making that money they pay. i guess i fill that they probly wont botter with a "new jack", but i know thats not soo, but what could i do to get in the buissness.

dinnertyme in Charlotte, North Carolina

72 months ago

local 421 member since 1994 any union brothers out there no were any work is ?
arolinas is slow now.I need some work bad

KAOS FITTER in Albemarle, North Carolina

72 months ago

Margarito Preciado in Fresno, California said: I've been welding all of my life, however I recently became a rig welder I am having trouble finding gigs out here in California if anybody knows of any jobs out here please let me know. I am also willing to travel out of state if anybody knows of any jobs out there.Thank you ahead of time!!!!!

DUDE GET A TRADSMEN BOOK

waldo in Lonaconing, Maryland

72 months ago

union pay seems the way to get the big $... except at pro stainless in keyser wv,
i've been there close 30 years mostly tig welding but some mig and stick too.I just got raised to a whopping $14.00 hour, this is a union shop that does custom fab stainless kitchens for some big name buyers all up and down the east coast. they have health insurance but no other benefits. They rip off the customers with lighter guage metal and sell silver spray bombed black iron frames as stainless. we just got cameras pointed at every welder to make sure they get their monies worth from us. local 100 has not stood behind us in anything we've fought for.
If you want a job with a company thay grosses close 10 million a year,call pro stainless

Keith in Lafayette, Louisiana

72 months ago

I am looking for Combo Pipe Welders.This job is in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

The job is permanent at a large fabrication company. All new fabrication welding pipe from 2" to 42" diameter.

You have to be able to TIG and stick (7018 Low Hydrogen) pipe. Even though this is new fab, you will be welding in a pipe rack to make modules being shipped overseas. They will X-Ray your first four welds and if you bust any of these they will probably dismiss you. After you pass these they would random X-Ray your welds.

The test is on 2" double extra heavy wall pipe (carbon) in the 6G position. TIG the first two passes and 7018 all the way out. Cut and bend straps.

The pay is $26 per hour working 56 hours a week and time-and-a-half after 40 hours.

We have housing to offer you in order to get you started down here.

If interested, email me at ksmith@workforceconsultinggrp.com

dvupeet1@yahoo.com in Mobile, Alabama

72 months ago

cajanwelder in Fort Wayne, Indiana said: my name is ryan gaspard i live in marksville, la. i am in need of a job, have my own rig got laid off from parker drilling in new iberia, we were building drilling rigs. my email is ryanantoot@yahoo.com if you still need hands. i can get several rig trucks if needed. thanks hope i am not to late.

hey ryan this is peter. worked with u at parker. any good jobs around?

twiztid31 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

72 months ago

I am in Local 58. I am still an apprentice. Send me an email. twiztid31@hotmail.com. I can get you into our union. We are always looking for welders. Its easier and faster than you would think. We are a "suitcase local" either. We just apperciate talent and a good work ethic. I am also a veteran, and my hall definately appericates the service. I hope to hear from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

red raider in Ft. Worth, Texas

72 months ago

Anyone know of pipe welder jobs around corpus?

JOHNNYK in Quincy, Massachusetts

72 months ago

Noel_Clark2000@yahoo.com in San Mateo, California said: I weld for a living,, and have for 33 years.. the last job I had as a pipe welder foreman paid 35 a hour,, a rig welder that welds downhill can easy get 42 an hour with his rig

I am a self- employed certified pipe welder from Quincy, Ma. Looking for some work. I have my own rig. Travel not a problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cajanwelder in marksville, Louisiana

72 months ago

dvupeet1@yahoo.com in Mobile, Alabama said: hey ryan this is peter. worked with u at parker. any good jobs around?

hey peter there are no jobs, i have been looking,i an still not working, are you working somewhere, where is kam and la. if yall hear of a job call me la has my number, if not sa or badame has it, thanks

shane in Wapakoneta, Ohio

72 months ago

I agree that getting a welding job in the lima, ohio region is difficult! This I feel is due to the fact this areas manufacturing is going to other countries and the area has been flooded with welders from all the local vocational schools for years. This has allowed employers to take advantage of the workers by lowering wages and benefits as the average hourly rate is 12 dollars an hour (pithetic). As for getting in the union good luck! People are begging for jobs such as those,it's not what you know but WHO.

anilec in New Delhi, India

72 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Tig&Arc Pipeline welder.50000Rs

Donny in Bakersfield, California

72 months ago

I am trying to break out with my own rig. I live in Bakersfield, Ca and was wondering if there is any work for a newbie. I can pass a 6g 5p root 7018 fill and cap.

dusty brown in missouri

72 months ago

J. in Coronado, California said: Pipe, by far. If you can weld pipe, you will be in demand because it ecompasses a) overhead welding (on the bottom of the pipe), b) vertical welding (on the sides of the pipe), and c) flat surface welding (on the top of the pipe. If you can weld pipe, you can do all the rest too.

There are two kinds of pipe welding or I should say 'directions'. First is Uphill welding which means you start on the bottom of the pipe near 6 O'clock then weld uphill until you reach 12:00 O'clock. Uphill is nearly always done with low-hydrogen welding rod or nowdays, sometimes with wire like fluxcore.

Downhill welding is the reverse of uphill and is what is normally done on cross-country pipelines. You mentioned your wife and kids. If I were you, even though the money is good, I would think twice about trying to become a downhill pipeline welder, which is a highly paid profession of highly skilled welders, but it is tough on the family.

A good alternative would be to go in and talk with the United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union office in your area and see if they will allow you to enter their apprentice program where you could not only earn a living but also get your hands dirty with the work and observe it up close and personal and get training at the same time. You would not only earn good money, but discover a brotherhood of other guys (and a few gals) you will develope friendships with who can also keep you in the know regarding additional work. The Local will teach you, train you and make you a more valuable worker with marketable skills. The U/A motto is 'Live better, work Union'.

I know St. Louis has a big Local and so does K.C. Also, there is a big job in Marshalltown Ia that will last 4-5 year

I see that you say there is a permanent job in iowa for welders and was wanting to make sure if so can I have all the info on it wanting to settle down with family near home thanks

dusty brown in missouri

72 months ago

jimmy houk in Liberal, Kansas said: does anybody think 10000 dollars is worth learning how to pipe weld?

Yes it is I went to a very good welding school and paid about the same and that was almost 5 years ago and I aint looked back since.I make great money and now own more than I ever have believe me its worth it

matt in Fargo, North Dakota

72 months ago

they have a Lynnes school here for $58oo 200 hours I am 38 four kids want to try something new that will pay Do you think its a good deal- school

saipeople in kingwood, Texas

72 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

Experience of basic shipyard marine repair background, structural/pipewelding experience, knowledge of blueprints, extensive use of hand and power tools, must be able to pass a weld test.These skills are more helpful in getting high salaries.

Sram
<Edited by Host: advertisement removed>

anilec in New Delhi, India

72 months ago

I am a TIG&ARC welder. 8 years experiens in pipe welding.I have a national certificate[NCVT] in welding.

Big Head in Lafayette, Louisiana

71 months ago

Does anyone know of where i can get training on Tig welding. I know the basics of it, I just want to get good enough so that I can pass a test.

d loville in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

hello my name is darren loville
I have my own rig . i have 20 years experience in up hill and down hill welding
tig root or 6010 ,8010 . where is this big job in Marshalltown Ia ?

down-five in hutchinson, Kansas

71 months ago

haha u guys r killin me. wine um dine um pipeline um......

dvupeet in Kalispell, Montana

71 months ago

any good information on the marshalltown IA job? i have a buddy thats currently in louisiana but is from marshalltown and wants to go back. any information will help. thanks

EG7 in Adel, Georgia

71 months ago

Hi ALL,

I am looking for pipeline jobs. I am AWS certified in 6G in TIG and 6G in stick. I hold certs in Fluxcore and stick also.

Can weld anything. Been welding overseas for last several years.

Anyone got any job leads please contact me. I can travel anywhere
but, was interested in Texas..Oklahoma area.

erikgreen7@yahoo.com

john hughes in Silt, Colorado

71 months ago

Rob said: What is the name of the company and is it a union company?

call me fellow ht 970-987=3039 john m hughes

dooley312000 in Columbia, Missouri

71 months ago

Christopher in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: Hey guys and gals. Im going to tulsa welding school at beginning of 2010, taking a year to just relax from bodybuilding, and starting a real career in welding. Ill be 20 and I am trying to get EVERY BIT of information on welding fields to get into. My uncle went to tulsa welding school and sence he was 20 ( hes 41 now ) he has NEVER been out of the job, hes an arc-base welder for valmont and has ALWAYS supported his family and has one HELL of a home! My grandpas neighbor and his son both are inspectors and from what I heard rake in upto 750 a day! I have yet to know what my uncle makes, but I am wanting to know the best fields to get into right after welding school. Im going for my associates as well while Im there. When I am done with my 14 months there Ill be 22 I want to be able to work hard, and provide very well for my future with fiance, and i have always had a passion to get into welding, its just a art only real men and women can do in my opinion, and of course the money is good for the labor.

I also want to know if I should go union? Why its good and why its bad? Of course Im fine starting out with 17.50 or so for pay, but damn well expect with experience and good skills to make more then that. email me at theclassicpooh@gmail.com for any and all info you can give me to learn on before welding school, and to look into after welding school. Thanks

Hey Chris,
I am going to Tulsa Welding School and Im half way through it. What I would suggest is to know your blue print symbols, basic geometry, be able to take advise from some good and some not so good instructors.
Im not saying not to go cause its a goodthing to get into but when you get into the 8th month, the starting of the inspectors course you have to know a lot of different kind of math.
I have a friend taking that course and he says the math is tough.
but the course that i am taking is not that hard at all.
hope this helps.

lenny harkins in Glasgow, United Kingdom

71 months ago

hope fully coming soon to a line near you

1967_welder in Albany, Georgia

71 months ago

i am working in the oil patch and should pull about 250,000.00 this year and yea it depends on what aspect of the welding industry you are in i know guys making 9 or 10 bucks per hr me i wont roll over in bed for that

71 months ago

Big Head in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Does anyone know of where i can get training on Tig welding. I know the basics of it, I just want to get good enough so that I can pass a test.

keep practicing keep busting test you will eventualy pass get payed to learn earn as you learn

71 months ago

down-five in hutchinson, Kansas said: haha u guys r killin me. wine um dine um pipeline um......

hey down five anything going on there in kansas i been up here in the oil field running pipe but we are having problems get easment rights dony know how long we got till they pull the plug on us anything you got would be helpfull thanks

71 months ago

gilbert in Granby, Massachusetts said: hey, to any other fellow experience pipe n rig welder; i am an experience welder skill in fabrication structure work; right now i am up grading my skill on welding pipe 6g open root 7018 cap and i am getting very good at it, but evry add wanted that i see for pipe welding required years experienced welding pipe, and i only have another five months left at this college for welding and i want to get hire making that money they pay. i guess i fill that they probly wont botter with a "new jack", but i know thats not soo, but what could i do to get in the buissness.

be a better welder then other guy testing exsperienc helps but its not everything paying attention to quality not being a premadonna and not acting like a greenhorn

71 months ago

matt in Fargo, North Dakota said: they have a Lynnes school here for $58oo 200 hours I am 38 four kids want to try something new that will pay Do you think its a good deal- school

hey matt go up around minot stanley area get on the pipe line as a welder helper there paying 18 and 125 bring a hood and take of your welder and watch him you will make about 2000. a week

smitman3 in Austinburg, Ohio

71 months ago

Not sure about those other schools several of you guys have been talking about. The LINCOLN ELECTRIC WELDING school is about $6000. You will get 6 weeks of stick. 3weeks of basic pipe, 2 weeks hard face ,1 of tig ,one of mig,one of innershield ,then advance pipe , and then you willget a week on help pass any weld test .You wont have a problem passing any bend test after this school.unless your wasting your time and the instructors .. Go to lincoln electric.com

Keith in Maurice, Louisiana

71 months ago

I am recruiting rig welders, helper/technicicans, equipment operators, foremen, etc. for a pipeline maintenance company.

These positions will be in Beaumont,Texas, San Antonio, TX and Lake Charles, Louisiana.

Rig welders, the company will provide all tools and rods.

We are preferring that everyone have a NCCER Pipeline certification and TWIC card.

These are permanent positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

When can I start, and how long do you need me for, and how much per hr are you offering? Thanks JOHNNYK

71 months ago

How long do you need my services, when do i start, and how much are you offering per hr. Thanks JOHNNYK.

Tommy in Tulsa, Oklahoma

71 months ago

Keith do you have a phone number??

Keith in Maurice, Louisiana

71 months ago

Yes but this blog will not allow me to list it.

Instead, email me at ksmith@workforceconsultinggrp.com with your number and I will contact you.

GeorgeWE in Mabank, Texas

71 months ago

Is anyone with pipeliners 798?
I just got laid off from Latex in Eunice La. The job was to last another month.There was dispute between the gas company and Latex construction company over money who was paying for what. we walk in the past saturday and the shut whole pipeline down. I am about 1160 on the work wheel. I am looking for a welder to help on a pipeline. i am willing to travel.

George

Jose in Fort Worth, Texas

71 months ago

Hi Keith or anione work in pipeline mi name is Jose. Igot laid off from Driver Pipeline. last December if you have companies names. They needs rig welders email me at jluis.Armendariz@yahoo.com THANKYOU.

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.