Do I have a shot at getting a PTEC job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

alphaman4ever in Houston, Texas

38 months ago

I'm currently enrolled in a PTEC program. This is a career change for me, I was a teacher for the last 4 years, do I have a shot at getting a PTEC job with no prior mechanical experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bbg

38 months ago

I start my first process operator job later this month with no operations expirence and three months plant expirence. I don't have a completed ptech degree, but I do have a four year degree in education. There are places that are looking for completing green people so they can train from the ground up. I know in area south of houston Dow is hiring green. The key for any operator job is the interview. Remember look to the "star"s when answering questions.

Situation
Task
Action
Result

This how they want you to answer their questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tye archer in Boling, Texas

3 months ago

Same situation. I had a 4yr degree in business mgmt and tried my hand as a manager in retail a little over a yr before deciding that I wanted to try this career path. I went back to get the PTEC degree since I lacked plant experience so that I had something to my advantage and got some fire fighting and first aid experience with my local fire department. I graduated this May 2014 and had a hard time looking for a job not that I wasn't getting interviews but was always the 2nd pick for a position. I finally landed a internship with DOW and start this June and look to get in and get the experience and move into a position with the company. Just keep pushing and trying and you will find you way into a job and then once you have the experience and 4yr degree you will be pretty much set for any job you look to land.

crazyjose1981 in League City, Texas

3 months ago

I just got on at basf with no degree or experience. I have six years military though.

Abb121688 in Cedar Park, Texas

2 months ago

@crazyjose1981 Have you heard back on your background check yet?

Regina G. in San Antonio, Texas

2 months ago

YES please someone tell me how long it takes for BASF to respond if you are moving to training. I did my exam and physical and also completed employment verification within 10 days of accepting the job offer. How long does it take to know if I am moving forward??

Abb121688 in Lake Jackson, Texas

2 months ago

I finally heard back Thursday. Did you hear back?

regina g

2 months ago

Yes,yesterday. I got the job in Freeport, Tx. I start this month on the 28th.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.