Need a little help...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

budlugo

36 months ago

Hey everyone, I have 2 yrs experience in a dixie chemical plant in pasadena Tx. I got out of the business for the last 3 years and I am ready to get back in one. I have been searching Indeed.com for the last 4 months, sending resumes online ou the a@$ and took the test for GoJohnson. have not gotten any responses and i'm feeling a little desperit. If anyone has any other ideas I would greatly appreciate them. I also got the backround check card tat allows you to work on the docks. Thanks everyone, and if you or you know anyone looking for a guy to bust his ass beside you or for you, point me in the right direction! thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RyanA in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

Have you had any luck so far?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

budlugo in Oakdale, Louisiana

31 months ago

Yes and no. Bout a month and a half ago GoJohnson called me for an interview with a new company that was building a plant in pasadena. Got called back for a 2nd interview and got the job. Starting out in the warehouse which is fine with me. Pay is pretty damn good for warehouse. The only thing is that the plant wont be ready until Jan 30th. Could have really used the money for xmas. But atleast I know I have a job come next month. Just have to tough it out till then.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

khali in Deer Park, Texas

31 months ago

budlugo in Oakdale, Louisiana said: Yes and no. Bout a month and a half ago GoJohnson called me for an interview with a new company that was building a plant in pasadena. Got called back for a 2nd interview and got the job. Starting out in the warehouse which is fine with me. Pay is pretty damn good for warehouse. The only thing is that the plant wont be ready until Jan 30th. Could have really used the money for xmas. But atleast I know I have a job come next month. Just have to tough it out till then.

is gojohnson is recruting firm?
i want to get into process operator job i have experience working in refineries as contractor....u think it will help? pls suggest?
whats the name of new plant in pasadena?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

budlugo in Channelview, Texas

31 months ago

Yes. GoJohnson is a recruiting firm. I would recomend going online and contacting them to set up testing. I would also recomend getting one of the practice books they recomend. Helped me out a bunch on the test. The new plant is called NA industries . Any plant experience is good experience according to other plants. Whether its through contract or not. NA intustries did all there hiring through GoJohnson, so do bout 20 others. Also get in contact with Meador staffing, there are 2 of them. One in pasadena and one in deer park. The one in pasadena hires for plants. Good luck and if you have anymore ?s let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

budlugo in Channelview, Texas said: Yes. GoJohnson is a recruiting firm. I would recomend going online and contacting them to set up testing. I would also recomend getting one of the practice books they recomend. Helped me out a bunch on the test. The new plant is called NA industries . Any plant experience is good experience according to other plants. Whether its through contract or not. NA intustries did all there hiring through GoJohnson, so do bout 20 others. Also get in contact with Meador staffing, there are 2 of them. One in pasadena and one in deer park. The one in pasadena hires for plants. Good luck and if you have anymore ?s let me know

thanks for reply,i applied at gojohnson.
how long their hiring process take...?
these companies hiing now
dow chemical freeport hiring
conocophilips,port neeche hiringb.
b.p is hring in lousiana and sweetwater tx
enterprise products hiring
calphine hiring
xtc energy hiring
hess is hiring
enbridge hiring
ineos hiring
airproducts hiring

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

budlugo in Channelview, Texas said: Yes. GoJohnson is a recruiting firm. I would recomend going online and contacting them to set up testing. I would also recomend getting one of the practice books they recomend. Helped me out a bunch on the test. The new plant is called NA industries . Any plant experience is good experience according to other plants. Whether its through contract or not. NA intustries did all there hiring through GoJohnson, so do bout 20 others. Also get in contact with Meador staffing, there are 2 of them. One in pasadena and one in deer park. The one in pasadena hires for plants. Good luck and if you have anymore ?s let me know

is there any opening for NA industries presently thru gojohnson?

31 months ago

Don't know if they r hiring anymore. I was one of seven out of 20. They said they might hire a few more in a couple months. So it would pnt hurt to get all your stuff done. I think everycomany is different but it took about a month for me which included 2 interviews and a drug test. But they r not in any hurry since we a re not gonna start till the end of january.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Don't know if they r hiring anymore. I was one of seven out of 20. They said they might hire a few more in a couple months. So it would pnt hurt to get all your stuff done. I think everycomany is different but it took about a month for me which included 2 interviews and a drug test. But they r not in any hurry since we a re not gonna start till the end of january.

khali in Magnolia, Texas

31 months ago

budlugo in Channelview, Texas said: Don't know if they r hiring anymore. I was one of seven out of 20. They said they might hire a few more in a couple months. So it would pnt hurt to get all your stuff done. I think everycomany is different but it took about a month for me which included 2 interviews and a drug test. But they r not in any hurry since we a re not gonna start till the end of january.

What is the start pay there?

31 months ago

khali in Magnolia, Texas said: What is the start pay there?

21 for wharehouse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

khali in Magnolia, Texas

31 months ago

They r hiring operators too ?
I applied many places ...been a month...probably in jan there will lot of inteviews
New company will be best cos there is no competition and there's lot of chances to be promoted....lot of hrs too....
If you get along with gojohnson abt any position lemme kno in future...

31 months ago

I went for operator too, but a wharehouse position was the only available. So I took it. They said they hire with in so I would have 1st shot at an op. Position if or when 1Dre came open. It has been slim pickens for the last 4 months, but I also think everyone is waiting for next yr. Im just thankful to have a job already lined up. Have been oit of work for 5 months.

djr

28 months ago

Do they hire people with backgrounds

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.