Process Technology

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 8226)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

YoGotti in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

Common sense they would want someone with a p tech degree than some guy off the street applying. Having the degree or experience is the basis for entry level. Shell is always hiring for offshore intern ships. I'd advise to do it. If my memory is correct pay is like 12 to 14 bucks a hour. Good experience!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rian in New Orleans, Louisiana

37 months ago

@Future Intern I'm a female also looking into ptech can I get your email because I would like to talk to you more about it. Thx

wolasam in Kenner, Louisiana

37 months ago

YoGotti in Houston, Texas said: Common sense they would want someone with a p tech degree than some guy off the street applying. Having the degree or experience is the basis for entry level. Shell is always hiring for offshore intern ships. I'd advise to do it. If my memory is correct pay is like 12 to 14 bucks a hour. Good experience!

I know a newly hired ptech will make about $27.00 an hr. in the plant. Do you have any idea how much a newly hired process technician will make working offshore?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cguy 499 in Monroe, Louisiana

37 months ago

Hey guys, I graduated from Louisiana Delta Community College in May. Been looking for a PTEC job since then. Applied to tons of places, but have been rejected thus far. Anyone know of any jobs in South louisiana, maybe northeast texas, places like that?

birdman77 in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

I am a new operator at Shell Deer Park. Anyone in PTECH school with questions can go ahead and post them. I will answer the ones I can and lead you in the right direction for the ones I cannot answer.

win225 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

37 months ago

How do shell view the ptech certificate with experience?

37 months ago

The certificate is good but as a condition of our employment, we were given up to a year after our starting date to complete the degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tourist in Brooklyn, New York

37 months ago

anybody out there that work for shell know i can get on the offshore platform? I know they are looking for internships

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

birdman in Houston, Texas

37 months ago

tourist in Brooklyn, New York said: anybody out there that work for shell know i can get on the offshore platform? I know they are looking for internships

You have to get on the Shell website and apply.

Mirriam in Schaumburg, Illinois

37 months ago

birdman77, I am a femal over 40 years old. I am considering starting PTEC next semester. My fear is that I won't be hired. Can you please let me know how the job prosepect is at the moment. And also which school is good.

37 months ago

Mirriam in Schaumburg, Illinois said: birdman77, I am a femal over 40 years old. I am considering starting PTEC next semester. My fear is that I won't be hired. Can you please let me know how the job prosepect is at the moment. And also which school is good.

These jobs are HIGHLY competetive. If you learn your stuff and have a solid GPA (3.0 and higher) you have a good chance. Your resume is the first thing you have to concentrate on. Have a quality resume, as much additional training as you can get, and develop excellent interviewing skills. Your age should not matter that much but if you are a woman who shows promise then you will do fine. I went to the Energy Institue at Houston Community College in Houston, Texas. Just make sure the school you chose has a reputable program (one that is recgonized as being reputable).

Jd82

37 months ago

Birdman77 hey I'm in my 1st semester in my ptech program...I would like to pursue offshore opportunities could u give some insight

36 months ago

Rough day at work; just got home. Both onshore and offshore have the same beginnings. There is not much distinction between the two in PTECH programs. Some schools may offer classes geared towards offshore work but do not be too picky. The goal is to get your foot in the door. If you only pursue offshore you may be eliminating yourself when it comes to other employment opportunities i.e. at a plant.

abfocus1 in Kenner, Louisiana

36 months ago

I start my first day at night sift Monday night at Shell in St.Rose. I am excited about the opportunity. If any one have any questions, go ahead and ask. If anyone have advice for me go ahead and give it.

36 months ago

Cguy 499 in Monroe, Louisiana said: Hey guys, I graduated from Louisiana Delta Community College in May. Been looking for a PTEC job since then. Applied to tons of places, but have been rejected thus far. Anyone know of any jobs in South louisiana, maybe northeast texas, places like that?

DONT FEEL BAD BRO. I WAS REJECTED OVER 100 TIMES FROM DIFFERENT JOBS. DONT GIVE UP. NEVER. Persistance Wear Out Resistance.

36 months ago

win225 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: I agree with your comment! I am on my 10th time applying and not successful, but i will not give up. I dont have a ptec degree but have experience in pipeline operating. how do shell veiw experience over ptec degree?

i know that it was several guys in my new hire class who didnt have degrees. I believe experience is a plus but its not a promise. i would go after my ptec also.

JB in Seabrook, Texas

36 months ago

I've been called to test at Ascend at Choc Bayou. Can anyone tell me what type of test to expect. I've tested with Dow and Valero and both were very different. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

John in Trenton, New Jersey

36 months ago

I just read through this every page. Definitely a career I'm considering. I'm researching a school here in NJ. Anyone working in NJ or California?

Is there anything I can do now before I even start school to boost my resume? Someone mentioned volunteering with the local fire dept. I'm looking to get an entry-level position/internship so I can gain some experience.

36 months ago

i just finish working my first night shift for shell in norco. I am excited about learning the paper work such as the shift report, inventory report and pumping report. I want to encourage everyone who is in school or people who are looking for operator jobs DO NOT GIVE UP. PROCESS OPERATOR JOBS ARE WORTH FIGHTING FOR. STAY FOCUS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Success attracts Success and Failure attracts Failure. The question is what are you attracting to yourself. If its Failure, you need to change your mind set and change what you are speaking. Speak what you want to happen and that you speak will come to pass over a period of time. Its not magic, Its a Process. MR. S.I.T.O.O.

Jerald looking for work

36 months ago

operator in Destrehan, Louisiana said: average starting pay is 22 dollars a hour, but also oil companies pay more then chemical companies, it tops off at around 33 dollars a hour, pay raise is you usually get a raise after 6 months, then year, then two years, I made 50 grand last year and didnt work any overtime with just startng out as a operator,

do you think anyone with noe experience can get on at one of the company you guys work at!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Absolutely! I am still in PTECH school and I work for Shell Chemical/Shell Refinery in Deer Park, Texas (basically Houston). I started out at 27.73 and I was a 2nd grade school teacher before this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

birdman where are going to school.

36 months ago

I go to the Energy Institue at Houston Community College in Houston, Texas.

jesusg513 in Channelview, Texas

36 months ago

birdman77 in Houston, Texas said: Absolutely! I am still in PTECH school and I work for Shell Chemical/Shell Refinery in Deer Park, Texas (basically Houston). I started out at 27.73 and I was a 2nd grade school teacher before this.

Hello, How did you get hired on at Shell? I just applied to the fall 2011 Deer Park internship and was wondering what the process is like and if you have any tips?

36 months ago

A fellow Channelviewer! Hit me up on my email rudyvalentino77@yahoo.com

36 months ago

For all the people who are looking for operators jobs do not give up. Its a process and you must endure the process. I apply with shell over 25 times before i recieve the job offer to work in Norco. i move from houston to norco. you cant wear your heart on your sleeves in this business. abfocus1@hotmail.com for any questions. i had applied for over 100 jobs.

36 months ago

These are my top ten jobs.

1. Shell
2. Exxon Mobile
3.Conoco Phillips
4. Chevron Phillips
5. Valero
6. Dow
7. Chevron
8. Marathon Oil
9. Air Products
10. Goodyear

RONNIE in Houston, Texas

36 months ago

IF ALL OF YOU GUYS REALLY WANT OPERATOR JOBS THEY ARE EASY TO GET IF YOUR WILLING TO MOVE. WEST TEXAS IS BUSTING AT THE SEEMS JOBS EVERYWHERE. I STARTED OUT 10 YEARS AGO AT HUNTSMAN IN ODESSA TEXAS HIGH PRESSURE POLYETHENE AND OLEFINS REFINERY. NO DEGREE BY THE WAY. AFTER HUNTSMAN SHUT DOWN I HIRED ON WITH CHEVRON RUNNING GAS PLANTS. COMING FROM A REFINERY BACKGROUND GAS PLANTS ARE THE TICKET. THEY PAY JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER AND IF YOUR WILLING TO LEARN THEY ARE EASIER TO LEARN AS THEY ARE MUCH SMALLER. I HAVE NO DEGREE AND JUST LANDED THE SR OPERATOR JOB IN SOYO ANGOLA MAKING HUGE BUCKS 28ON 28OFF. WEST TEXAS HAS NUMEROUS PLANTS GET THE EXPERIENCE AND IT WILL MAKE ALL THE DIFFRENCE. USUALLY A DEGREE WILL GET YOU HIRED ON THEN WORK A YEAR OR SO AND YOU HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE UNDER YOUR BELT TO MAKE YOU STAND OUT ABOVE THE REST.

CURRENTLY COMPANY'S HIRING
DCP MIDSTEAM
XTO ENERGY
CHEVRON
OXY
DEVON
FEAGAN
MANY MORE
ALL STARTING OUT BETWEEN 26HR TO 36-38 RANGE OPERATING BOARDS

36 months ago

ronnie where in west texas

OperatorJoe in Baytown, Texas

36 months ago

I would add Dupont as a top job. I used to work there and really liked it. Great pay and benefits. There are tons of jobs in W Texas. My co workers brother got hired out of school and got a moving allowance. If you really want a job you will relocate anywhere! I've worked in Texas City, La Porte, and now Beamont. Shoot to be honest any job you can get is a good job.

OperatorJoe in Baytown, Texas

36 months ago

I would add Dupont as a top job. I used to work there and really liked it. Great pay and benefits. There are tons of jobs in W Texas. My co workers brother got hired out of school and got a moving allowance. If you really want a job you will relocate anywhere! I've worked in Texas City, La Porte, and now Beamont. Shoot to be honest any job you can get is a good job.

36 months ago

I would agreee with that.

36 months ago

My 11- 20 choice of jobs. My top 11 through 20. Next week I will have 20- 30. Stay focus dont give up. You will be a Operator One Day. Success Is The Only Option

11.Dupont
12. KBR
13 Oxy Chemicals
14. Huntsman
15. BASF Chemicals
16. Praxair
17. Bayer
18. Georgia Pacific
19. Lubrizol
20. Air Liquide

Mirriam in Carol Stream, Illinois

36 months ago

wolasam in Kenner, Louisiana said: I found most ptech classes not to be complicated.The few that i found challenging were result of the teacher's inability to explain his points well. About internships, i heard the pay ranges from $12-$20 depending on the company. Do not worry much,for instance in my colloge recruiters comes in almost every other week to recruit students. Majority of these students do not get to graduate .

wolasam in Kenner, college are you in.

36 months ago

Mirriam in Carol Stream, Illinois said: wolasam in Kenner, college are you in.

Which college are you in

36 months ago

wolasam in Metairie, Louisiana said: I attend lousiana tech.college (river parish compus)

Thank you. I lloking for a school to attend, but I would like to know possibility of being hired. How is job placement in your college.

36 months ago

Thank you so much. I am looking for a school to study, but would like to be sure I will get a job. How is the prospect of getting hired after graduating from yor college.

OperatorJoe in Vidor, Texas

36 months ago

Getting hired depends on you and how you apply yourself. The school will have job leads but they won't place you.

nate in Berkeley, California

35 months ago

i highly recommend facebook's job search engine although it is not very well-known yet. it is highly organized and recruiters prefer facebook/linkedin applicants to craigslist ones. i'm putting the link to the MANUFACTURING & SUPPLY CHAIN JOB BOARD and the legal service job board for your convenience
on.fb.me/raiqK0
on.fb.me/pDiezy [to look at the job postings, 'like' the page and then click the 'search jobs' tab to look for jobs]

hope this helps!

Joe in Pearland, Texas

35 months ago

I'd advise anyone to stay away from a Facebook link for two reasons. Viruses and you don't want an employer anywhere near your social networking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

khali in Pasadena, Texas

35 months ago

what is starting pay at dow chemicals as an operator?
can any1 tell me pls

Nate in Bozeman, Montana

35 months ago

Hey guys so I have been thinking about going to school for my Process plant technology degree. I am currently 22 years old and in the pre-nursing at my school but basically I have to go to work and cannot wait 5 years to do so. I have people to take care of. I was wondering does anyone know the difference between powerplant and process plant technology? Which one is more lucrative? Also do you guys feel this is a secure field 20-30 years down the road? How about North dakotas big oil boom I wonder if they are looking for process technicians? Thanks alot guys I appreciate any solid replies!

Jeff in Deer Park, Texas

35 months ago

I was hired in August by TPC Group, a small plant that produces primarily butidiene but some other products also. I will make over 100k in my first year. So yes I believe it is lucrarive enough to pursue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nate in Bozeman, Montana

35 months ago

Did you get the associates degree in process technology and what is your age if you dont mind me asking?

cj in Lake Jackson, Texas

34 months ago

khali in Pasadena, Texas said: what is starting pay at dow chemicals as an operator?
can any1 tell me pls

I started at 22/hr none union but I am a process technician not a process operator which we are supposed to make a little bit more than regular operators. I think union operators are around 20/hr. Thats in the Freeport area, they may make a little more in the Houston area.

Vutekho in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

khali in Pasadena, Texas said: what is starting pay at dow chemicals as an operator?
can any1 tell me pls

Starting pay is $20.64/hr, for trainees with little to no experience, at the Freeport, TX location. Top out at around $31/hr.

tourist in Ossining, New York

34 months ago

does these job come with union? Where can i find the union jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vutekho in Spring, Texas

34 months ago

Valero and Chevron Phillips in Port Arthur, TX pays around the same, and is represented by the same union, United Steel Workers.

Starting pay is/was:
$21.30 for 8hr shift
$18.69 for 12hr shift

Get a raise every 6 months, and one yearly raise, for 3 or 4 years. If I remember correctly, they capped you out at $32.

Exxon Mobil Chemical in Mont Belvieu, TX starts off at $21, and cap out at $31. Raise every 6 months, non union. Can someone tell me if the Exxon Oil refinery in Baytown pays roughly the same or not?

Dow Chemical has 3 sites in Freeport, TX: Oyster Creek, Plant A, and Plant B. Only Plant B is unionized.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

XOM in Baytown is gonna top out around 32 and some change with a 4 on and 4 off schedule

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.