Process Technology

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3001 to 3050 of 8100)
Page:  « First « Previous   58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next »   Last »

Laurence Jones in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

17 months ago

stan67 in Deer Park, Texas said: Oh man, That's depressing now.. Good luck!!

I'm already an operator with Valero and I'm trying to transfer to one of there two refineries down there in Texas. The company called me at work last week and told me that I obviously don't have to test since I'm already an operator with the company and that they will be conducting interviews in June. So I wish everyone luck...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sehouston2012 in Deer Park, Texas

17 months ago

Newtexan said: I hope I am too! They said there testing 1200 people.

Crazy numbers huh. Good luck to everyone testing. Thats long odds,but I believe if its meant to be it shall be. Good luck to those that will be testing.

Yo in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

sehouston2012 in Deer Park, Texas said: Here's the info.

The test consists of three parts.The first section is Mechanical aptitude. THere are 40 questions and you have 35 minutes to complete it.

The second section is use of information.There are 32 questions and you have 1 hour to complete it.

The last section is Personality profile. Believe it or not this is the section that confused me the most. Their personality test's has got to be the craziest one that I've seen so far.

Overall the test is not to bad. If you have taken the Shell test it should be very familiar. You will have more than enough time to finish.They said they are going to hire 13 in Houston and 10 in Texas City. Start date is projected to be August 12th.

Good Luck

Thank you for the info.Good luck!

jake23 in houston

17 months ago

No numbers on bayport ?

Newtexan

17 months ago

Laurence Jones in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: I'm already an operator with Valero and I'm trying to transfer to one of there two refineries down there in Texas. The company called me at work last week and told me that I obviously don't have to test since I'm already an operator with the company and that they will be conducting interviews in June. So I wish everyone luck...

good luck!
THey gave us a start date of Aug 12 (I think). One thing I thought was odd is that to be considered for both Texas City and Houston you had to apply to both. I only knew about Texas City so I only applied to Texas City. I now only have a a chance at 13 positions not 23. If I would have applied to both I would have had more of a chance.

Terry68 in Mobile, Alabama

17 months ago

Does Exxon pay bonuses?

ProcessOp in League City, Texas

17 months ago

Does anyone know what the starting pay is for an operator at Exxon Baytown?

Bmtgie in Texas

17 months ago

This board is now wack...The people that has knowledge in this field and know the in and outs of every company, all got jobs now. They don't visit anymore and questions don't get answered.

Will713 in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

Bmtgie in Texas said: This board is now wack...The people that has knowledge in this field and know the in and outs of every company, all got jobs now. They don't visit anymore and questions don't get answered.

I disagree I used this board when I was looking and it is very helpful what questions are looking for the answers to know one can tell you how to land a job but collectively the advice and success story help a great deal

RyanA in Sugar Land, Texas

17 months ago

Bmtgie in Texas said: This board is now wack...The people that has knowledge in this field and know the in and outs of every company, all got jobs now. They don't visit anymore and questions don't get answered.

I contribute to this board. What is your question. If I can aswer I will do so. I have used this board to find answers to questions as well as help answer questions. Fire away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jake23 in houston

17 months ago

Ryan did you go to school also or you had experience?

Ryan$ in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

jake23 in houston said: Ryan did you go to school also or you had experience?

No formal schooling for working in plants. I was prior military service and had 1 year of contractor plant experience. Some places only hire if you have the ptec degree and some want atleast 5 years experience. In my opinion having the ptec does not guarantee you a job. Being well rounded is where it's at. Pass entry test and get a interview. Work on interview skills and land the job. For example Exxon is testing and hiring. They require no experience to hire. Good luck!

Bmtgie in Texas

17 months ago

RyanA in Sugar Land, Texas said: I contribute to this board. What is your question. If I can aswer I will do so. I have used this board to find answers to questions as well as help answer questions. Fire away.

Do you know anything about the company "SGS Petroleum Service Corporation"?

17 months ago

Bmtgie in Texas said: Do you know anything about the company "SGS Petroleum Service Corporation"?

Its a contract company the have tankerman, railcart loader, & warehouse personnel as far as I know

FHB1511 in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

SGS does a lot of product inspection in tanks, vessels, ships and barges. They also have loaders and operators at different terminals. My buddy just left there for Dixie Chemical.

Bmtgie in Texas

17 months ago

I have an interview for SGS tomorrow for the loader position, just wondering if it was an ok company to work for.

But since I now know its an contract company, it has me thinking. Job today, no job tomorrow.

Ryan$ in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

Bmtgie in Texas said: I have an interview for SGS tomorrow for the loader position, just wondering if it was an ok company to work for.

But since I now know its an contract company, it has me thinking. Job today, no job tomorrow.

It would be good plant experience.

Bmtgie in Texas

17 months ago

Ryan$ in Houston, Texas said: It would be good plant experience.

I work for a terminal now.

Ryan$ in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

Bmtgie in Texas said: I work for a terminal now.

Unless you are chasing a higher wage you may want to ponder your next move. Hang in there and keep applying.

IJN in Pasadena, Texas

17 months ago

Bmtgie in Texas said: I work for a terminal now.

My father-in-law has worked there for like 15 years as an inspector. He's not a contractor, and gets good OT. Overall, he seems to like it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jay2689 in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

IJN in Pasadena, Texas said: My father-in-law has worked there for like 15 years as an inspector. He's not a contractor, and gets good OT. Overall, he seems to like it.

I have to meet with SGS next week. Do you or anyone has any idea how the starting pay is ?

Thanks.

Bmtgie in Texas

17 months ago

jay2689 in Houston, Texas said: I have to meet with SGS next week. Do you or anyone has any idea how the starting pay is ?

Thanks.

Loader-$16.48

Ryan$ in Houston, Texas said: Unless you are chasing a higher wage you may want to ponder your next move. Hang in there and keep applying.

Yes, I'm chasing a higher wage and trying to get away from a lot of bullcrap. Right now I'm making $15.50 at my terminal 6am-2pm Mon-Fri. SGS is offering $16.48 12hr rotating shift, it would take me 2 yrs to get to $16.48 at my current job with these yearly .45 raises. Just trying to be somewhere comfortable until one of the big boys call. (Exxon, lyondell, etc.)

17 months ago

Wow ! They know they can pay a lot more than that !

jj25 in Austin, Texas

17 months ago

Sgs was the first plant job I had. It was an ok company to work for. The pay depends on the site you work it. I use to load crude oil for them and was also a train engineer.

Clyde White in San Antonio, Texas

17 months ago

Does anyone know how long does it take XOM pipeline to call you after the first interview?

ChristinaCHUBAJohnson in Bridge City, Texas

16 months ago

jj25 in Austin, Texas said: Sgs was the first plant job I had. It was an ok company to work for. The pay depends on the site you work it. I use to load crude oil for them and was also a train engineer.

Do they hire females? I have applied for every position that comes open the day it opens and I never hear anything.

jj25

16 months ago

ChristinaCHUBAJohnson in Bridge City, Texas said: Do they hire females? I have applied for every position that comes open the day it opens and I never hear anything.

Yup. We had a few women lab techs and loaders.

ChristinaCHUBAJohnson in Bridge City, Texas

16 months ago

WTH!
I apply and apply and never get feedback... Oh well I tested with Phillip 66 and passed so hopefully I will get an interview :)

Rivers in Pasadena, Texas

16 months ago

What time of day do most companies send out job offers? Do they mail it or email?

16 months ago

most call and then email and it can be anywhere during day

Rivers in Pasadena, Texas

16 months ago

Thanks

jj25 in Irving, Texas

16 months ago

ChristinaCHUBAJohnson in Bridge City, Texas said: WTH!
I apply and apply and never get feedback... Oh well I tested with Phillip 66 and passed so hopefully I will get an interview :)

If you have a ptech degree, they probably won't hire you since they know you will leave for an operator position.

16 months ago

Has any one ever had an interview with a plant and did not get the job, but applied again at a later date, and got another interview ? I'm trying to see if there is any hope for me to get another interview.

Ryan$ in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

jay2689 in Houston, Texas said: Has any one ever had an interview with a plant and did not get the job, but applied again at a later date, and got another interview ? I'm trying to see if there is any hope for me to get another interview.

I wouldn't give up. I interveiwed 3 times witht the same company over 18 months before getting an offer. You just never know how things go. It never hurts to apply again. The way I see it hey thought enough of you to interview you. If given a second chance do better on the interview. That's were things came to a hault. Good luck.

dusty roads in New Albany, Mississippi

16 months ago

jj25 in Irving, Texas said: If you have a ptech degree, they probably won't hire you since they know you will leave for an operator position.

Phillips 66 does hire operators

Bmtgie in Texas

16 months ago

dusty roads in New Albany, Mississippi said: Phillips 66 does hire operators

He's talking about SGS.

16 months ago

Thanks. Good luck to you too.

16 months ago

Does anyone know how I can approach a chemical company since I have a misdemeanor on my record ? I signed my offer letter with an oil & gas company last week, then they pulled their offer from me after they pulled my criminal record and found that I have a misdemeanor from 2005. And all they asked for is felonies. Should I tell employers during the interview even if they don't ask ? Any good advice would be greatly appreciated.

jj25

16 months ago

jay2689 in Houston, Texas said: Does anyone know how I can approach a chemical company since I have a misdemeanor on my record ? I signed my offer letter with an oil & gas company last week, then they pulled their offer from me after they pulled my criminal record and found that I have a misdemeanor from 2005. And all they asked for is felonies. Should I tell employers during the interview even if they don't ask ? Any good advice would be greatly appreciated.

You might want to look at getting that misdemeanor expunged off of your record if possible. Talk to a lawyer.

Rivers in San Antonio, Texas

16 months ago

For those of you that have received offers, did y'all get an email or receive it through regular mail?

16 months ago

Rivers in San Antonio, Texas said: For those of you that have received offers, did y'all get an email or receive it through regular mail?

By phone then email

AC in Port Neches, Texas

16 months ago

ChristinaCHUBAJohnson in Bridge City, Texas said: WTH!

Christina,

Have you looked at Certified Customized Staffing in Webster, Tx?

Most of the applications I have sent thru them have at least landed a test slot.

mike tx in Humble, Texas

16 months ago

jay2689 in Houston, Texas said: Does anyone know how I can approach a chemical company since I have a misdemeanor on my record ? I signed my offer letter with an oil & gas company last week, then they pulled their offer from me after they pulled my criminal record and found that I have a misdemeanor from 2005. And all they asked for is felonies. Should I tell employers during the interview even if they don't ask ? Any good advice would be greatly appreciated.

What was the misdemeanor for if I can ask. I have one as well from 2006. Just curious. I also thought as long as its not a felony.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ray in Saint Francisville, Louisiana

16 months ago

I passed the Dow Chemical test in plaquemine, La for the operations position, does anyone knows Dow hiring process, what do they look at for choosing the right people for interviews?..i graduate next week and will get my Ptec Degree, i have 3 months of plant experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ABourgeois in Texas City, Texas

16 months ago

ray in Saint Francisville, Louisiana said: I passed the Dow Chemical test in plaquemine, La for the operations position, does anyone knows Dow hiring process, what do they look at for choosing the right people for interviews?..i graduate next week and will get my Ptec Degree, i have 3 months of plant experience.

Ray, what's your email address? I have something helpful for you!

ray in Saint Francisville, Louisiana

16 months ago

ABourgeois in Texas City, Texas said: Ray, what's your email address? I have something helpful for you!

jnllweeks@aol.com and thanks, i appreciate it

Bpf in League City, Texas

16 months ago

Can you get it to me too? Flannman70@aol.com

George29 in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

Anyone know about Celanese interview?

George29 in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

Anyone have any information about the Ascend Performance Materials Processor test?

wmrcer in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

mike tx in Humble, Texas said: What was the misdemeanor for if I can ask. I have one as well from 2006. Just curious. I also thought as long as its not a felony.

I too had a misdemeanor, for street racing, and it was fully disclosed. I still got hired. I've always heard some won't hire for felonies. I guess it depends on the seriousness of the misdemeanor.

Page:  « First « Previous   58  59  60  61  62  63  64  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.