Process Technology

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3401 to 3450 of 14225)
Page:  « First « Previous   66  67  68  69  70  71  72  Next »   Last »

lou in Missouri City, Texas

34 months ago

I hear alot of positive information here. I worked for ConocoPhillips (now Phillips 66) for about a year before accepting a position overseas. I got back in December and after "blitzing" my resume out (once again), I got a call back from LyondellBasell for an interview and later on COBRA testing...

Try to be patient and view the "looking for a job" as a job in itself. My advice would be to ONLY APPLY to companies that you are willing and wanting to work for..If you apply to everything, generally, you'll get call backs from those companies you really dont want to work for.

And for the record, me and a few others didnt know anybody at the plant nor did we have any connections.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

The jobs are out there but its really a numbers game. Dont give up, the pay is great and the benefits are awesome.

I've seen operators leave jobs for a dollar more in pay per hour but the big companies are relatively competitive with regards to pay and benefits (Shell, Exxon, Valero, BP, Lyondell, STP, Dow, BASF, etc...)

terry68 in Mobile, Alabama

34 months ago

lou in Missouri City, Texas said: I hear alot of positive information here. I worked for ConocoPhillips (now Phillips 66) for about a year before accepting a position overseas. I got back in December and after "blitzing" my resume out (once again), I got a call back from LyondellBasell for an interview and later on COBRA testing...

Try to be patient and view the "looking for a job" as a job in itself. My advice would be to ONLY APPLY to companies that you are willing and wanting to work for..If you apply to everything, generally, you'll get call backs from those companies you really dont want to work for.

And for the record, me and a few others didnt know anybody at the plant nor did we have any connections.

Hey Lou I was just curious about how you got a job overseas. Did you tranfer within the company or was this something else all to together? Was it a PTEC position or something in drilling? Thanks.

34 months ago

I started taking PTEC courses while I was in Iraq (online). It was a different field all together. I worked as an auditor for an intelligence company - I will say that most of those jobs are "who you know" type positions (military buddies, etc.)

Leaving Conoco was a HUGE risk for me because it was so difficult to get the job in the first place; however, with a kid on his way to college...I couldn't say no to the overseas pay. I was nervous coming back to the states hoping I was able to get another break. I set up notifications on my phone and averaged 3-5 applications per week until I got the call

Operator-Andrew in Sf bay, California

34 months ago

lou in Missouri City, Texas said: I started taking PTEC courses while I was in Iraq (online). It was a different field all together. I worked as an auditor for an intelligence company - I will say that most of those jobs are "who you know" type positions (military buddies, etc.)

Leaving Conoco was a HUGE risk for me because it was so difficult to get the job in the first place; however, with a kid on his way to college...I couldn't say no to the overseas pay. I was nervous coming back to the states hoping I was able to get another break. I set up notifications on my phone and averaged 3-5 applications per week until I got the call

I have some co-workers who took the jobs in the Middle East. Worked the entire year- away from family etc. and made almost a million US.
Did you do similar?

terry68 in Mobile, Alabama

34 months ago

lou in Missouri City, Texas said: I started taking PTEC courses while I was in Iraq (online). It was a different field all together. I worked as an auditor for an intelligence company - I will say that most of those jobs are "who you know" type positions (military buddies, etc.)

Ahhh ok I was in intel when I was in the navy. But I've out way to long to even try to go that route. But you are saying you are working overseas as a contractor and not in the petro industry?

34 months ago

Terry68 in Mobile, Alabama said: Ahhh ok I was in intel when I was in the navy. But I've out way to long to even try to go that route. But you are saying you are working overseas as a contractor and not in the petro industry?

No, I got back stateside in December 2012. I started with LyondellBasell in March of this year

34 months ago

It was good money (200k-275k per year depending on company)

shannon in San Luis Obispo, California

34 months ago

I am looking for online ptech programs. Does anybody have any suggestions? I don't have a school close by that offers any ptech programs. I currently passed the pre-employment tests for valero and Conoco Phillips and I work for a natural gas utility however my dream job is in the oil industry. Any suggestions would help. Thank you

34 months ago

I don't know of any PTEC programs that are entirely online in the Houston area. I hear that Lamar University in Beaumont has a few online technical degrees. I'd check with them.

Yo in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

shannon in San Luis Obispo, California said: I am looking for online ptech programs. Does anybody have any suggestions? I don't have a school close by that offers any ptech programs. I currently passed the pre-employment tests for valero and Conoco Phillips and I work for a natural gas utility however my dream job is in the oil industry. Any suggestions would help. Thank you

Bismarck State College offers online course.

Yo in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

Yo in Houston, Texas said: Bismarck State College offers online course.

I add the web link to Bismarck State College but this column didn't allow me to do so

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

shannon

34 months ago

Awesome thank you for the info.

harold30 in Baytown, Texas

34 months ago

Just landed an operator job, former Navy, EMT Cert, explosives cert, some HAZWOPER, etc.

Tested June 5th in Houston, start July 8th. Base pay starting 31/hr. 4 on 4 off.

34 months ago

My mistake, INTERVIEWED June 5th.

Sehouston2012 in Cypress, Texas

34 months ago

Congrats. With which company?

Rene55 in East, Texas

34 months ago

Harold30 in Baytown, Texas said: Just landed an operator job, former Navy, EMT Cert, explosives cert, some HAZWOPER, etc.

Tested June 5th in Houston, start July 8th. Base pay starting 31/hr. 4 on 4 off.

Congrats. Which company will you be with?

jay2689 in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

BRYANJDRILL in Miami, Oklahoma said: Ive been there for three weeks now, its good experience and can lead to beter jobs if your seeking to become an operator

Thanks. Can you tell me how much $ they start you off with ?

John Doe in Corpus Christi, Texas

34 months ago

Has anyone ever taken the Invista test before? How is it?

jerarte37 in Christiansted, Virgin Islands, U.S.

34 months ago

hey everyone, does any one has any interview experience with citgo?

34 months ago

Anyone get called for an interview for Philips 66 yet?

shannon in Dublin, California

34 months ago

No not yet. I took the pre employment test on June 8 in Sweeney Texas and passed.....however I have not received any calls

34 months ago

shannon in Dublin, California said: No not yet. I took the pre employment test on June 8 in Sweeney Texas and passed.....however I have not received any calls

same here...you came all the way from Cali to test here in Texas? That's real commitment

shannon in Oakland, California

34 months ago

Ya I flew all the way from Cali.....its my dream job. Have you heard if anybody has been called for an interview?

34 months ago

shannon in Oakland, California said: Ya I flew all the way from Cali.....its my dream job. Have you heard if anybody has been called for an interview?

nope i havent heard from anyone that got the interview yet. There was a guy that drove all the way from Missouri to take the test.

shannon in San Jose, California

34 months ago

John Doe in Corpus Christi, Texas said: nope i havent heard from anyone that got the interview yet. There was a guy that drove all the way from Missouri to take the test.

Keep me updated and let me know if you hear anything. I got my confirmation email stating that I passed the test roughly two weeks ago.

Adrien Rogers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

34 months ago

Did anyone get an interview with Honeywell?!?

jaydoe in baton rouge, Louisiana

34 months ago

Adrien Rogers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Did anyone get an interview with Honeywell?!?

Nope ..they turned me down, have u

34 months ago

jay doe in baton rouge, Louisiana said: Nope ..they turned me down, have u

No , sometimes I wonder who is getting these jobs, you have your ptech degree?

34 months ago

Adrien Rogers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: No , sometimes I wonder who is getting these jobs, you have your ptech degree?

Yeah I graduated in may and still looking Smh...idk what's so hard about getting a ptec job .I have a few months of plant experience ...did u land a ptec job yet or u in the sane boat as me?

34 months ago

jay doe in baton rouge, Louisiana said: Yeah I graduated in may and still looking Smh...idk what's so hard about getting a ptec job .I have a few months of plant experience ...did u land a ptec job yet or u in the sane boat as me?

Kind of I'm in the middle of getting my ptech degree I'm on the I/e side right now but I want to switch over operators have it much smoother, it's definitely not easy it makes me mad when I see dudes straight out of high school getting hired on at the plant I'm at !!!

34 months ago

Adrien Rogers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Kind of I'm in the middle of getting my ptech degree I'm on the I/e side right now but I want to switch over operators have it much smoother, it's definitely not easy it makes me mad when I see dudes straight out of high school getting hired on at the plant I'm at !!!

Ooh you in the good field there...which plant are u at

34 months ago

jay doe in baton rouge, Louisiana said: Ooh you in the good field there...which plant are u at

Cf but I work for isc

34 months ago

Adrien Rogers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Cf but I work for isc

Oh okay, man i applied for CF way back in November and haven't heard anything yet, is isc hiring?

34 months ago

jay doe in baton rouge, Louisiana said: Oh okay, man i applied for CF way back in November and haven't heard anything yet, is isc hiring?

Who do you work for now ? Where did you go to school ? And yea isc is always hiring

34 months ago

Adrien Rogers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: Who do you work for now ? Where did you go to school ? And yea isc is always hiring

No one, i'm looking, and Baton Rouge Community College..what's your email

Dustin87 in Lafayette, Louisiana

34 months ago

Finally, I got an interview with Exxon in Baton Rouge but its for a Production Tech. Does anyone have any informtion on the job and interview tips???

34 months ago

jay doe in baton rouge, Louisiana said: No one, i'm looking, and Baton Rouge Community College..what's your email

Adrienrayrogers@gmail.com

34 months ago

Dustin87 in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Finally, I got an interview with Exxon in Baton Rouge but its for a Production Tech. Does anyone have any informtion on the job and interview tips???

When is your interview?

smityboi in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

Dustin87 in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Finally, I got an interview with Exxon in Baton Rouge but its for a Production Tech. Does anyone have any informtion on the job and interview tips???

I to have an interview for production tech with exxon in baton rouge. I tested back on May 31 in baytown. Does anyone know by any chance if exxon will offer relocation assistance, for personnel out of state.

34 months ago

Adrien Rogers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: When is your interview?

July 23rd

Adrien Rogers in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

Dustin87 in Lafayette, Louisiana said: July 23rd

Do you have prior experience as an experience

34 months ago

lou in Missouri City, Texas said: I hear alot of positive information here. I worked for ConocoPhillips (now Phillips 66) for about a year before accepting a position overseas. I got back in December and after "blitzing" my resume out (once again), I got a call back from LyondellBasell for an interview and later on COBRA testing...

Hi there iou,
Can you explain me what is the COBRA exam about? I have to take one next week but not sure what to expect, thanks for any info

34 months ago

Smityboi in Houston, Texas said: I to have an interview for production tech with exxon in baton rouge. I tested back on May 31 in baytown. Does anyone know by any chance if exxon will offer relocation assistance, for personnel out of state.

Not for a Production Tech position

34 months ago

Adrien Rogers in Houston, Texas said: Do you have prior experience as an experience

I don't have prior experience, but I do have a bachelors degree and I'm also a full-time firefighter

34 months ago

Does anyone one know what a production tech job is all about? Is it for off from an operator and what is the usually start salary?

Adrien Rogers

34 months ago

Dustin87 in Lafayette, Louisiana said: Does anyone one know what a production tech job is all about? Is it for off from an operator and what is the usually start salary?

It's the same thing a production tech is just a fancy way if saying it

34 months ago

anyone taking the test for Invista on Monday?

34 months ago

Arkema

m&m2013 in Houston, Texas

34 months ago

Anyone know anything on kinder Morgan?....how much does a ptec cost?

Page:  « First « Previous   66  67  68  69  70  71  72  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.