Process Technology

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 7985)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

khali in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

Arsenic in North Hollywood, California said: I am going to start taking refinery entrance exams soon. My math skills are really low because I had terrible teachers in both high school and in middle school. Can you guys recommend me some excellent books or websites to study that relate to the type of questions that refiners ask in their exams, and that will also teach me how to do math and solve problems.

One of my goals this year is to pass the Exxon mobile test.

I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me.

mechanical aptitude--study Barons mechanical aptitude and spatial relations book & also Arco mechanical aptitude spatial relation book
for math- Cliff's basic math and pre algebra....

These books help you to familiarize with the test......tips and tricks....
all the best.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

RyanA in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

Hello fellow operators and job seekers,

I just wanted to let you guys know that if any of you have experience in plastics operations Aerotek in houston is looking for many operators for a new plant in Baytown. Good luck.

Aerotek - Houston Staffing Location
9330 Kirby Drive, Suite 900
Get Driving Directions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

khali in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

RyanA in Houston, Texas said: Hello fellow operators and job seekers,

I just wanted to let you guys know that if any of you have experience in plastics operations Aerotek in houston is looking for many operators for a new plant in Baytown. Good luck.

Aerotek - Houston Staffing Location
9330 Kirby Drive, Suite 900
Get Driving Directions

Thanks for the info
WIL THEY ACCEPT ANY REFINERY CONTRACTOR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY DEGREE???
PLS REPLY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RyanA in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

I sat with them this morning and they listened to what I had to say. At a minimum you can get your foot in to their door with your experience. I have 8 years as a process tech but, I have no actuall plastics operations experience. You will have to sell it!!!! In my opinion if you understand the basic principles of plant sciences you can adapt to the exact process in time. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

khali in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

RyanA in Houston, Texas said: I sat with them this morning and they listened to what I had to say. At a minimum you can get your foot in to their door with your experience. I have 8 years as a process tech but, I have no actuall plastics operations experience. You will have to sell it!!!! In my opinion if you understand the basic principles of plant sciences you can adapt to the exact process in time. Good luck.

do i need to take any document...any test?
its walk-in interview right?
thank you for info...
and also...chevron missisippi hiring.....

RyanA in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

I would call them and ask for a lady named Anaama. She is handling the account. She might ask you to come in for a informal interview and at that time you will fill out ashort application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bwilliams81 in Denham Springs, Louisiana

32 months ago

@RyanA. You took the Valero test in Dec? Did they say how many people they were hiring and an expected start day? I took the test last May and they called me for an interview next week. Also does anyone know about Valero hiring process or interview questions or have any suggestions? I'm also taking the Exxon test the week after my interview any suggestions for the Exxon test? Thanks in advance.....

RyanA in Seabrook, Texas

32 months ago

I took the the Valero test in Norco in December of 2011. The Norco site was hiring 30 people and we were told we would get the test results this month sometime and the start date was feb or march. I also applied at 3 rivers. . I have not been notified if I passed the test or not. I do know that I have been added to the 3 rivers talent pool. Good luck to you. Let me know how your interview goes.

32 months ago

@khali Exxon will not call you have to keep checking the site to see when theres a testing session avaliable. I live in Louisiana and I'm taking the test in Mobile, AL. I changed my test location to that location just to taake the test. Even though thats my testing location I don't have to work there you also have to set up different work locations. Once again you can test anywhere but make sure you set up your job locations as well.

32 months ago

I sure will I had also applied to three rivers and right after I did that the same day Norco called they didn't tell me if I had passed or not and I thought I had failed since I had took it last May I just got an email saying they had other canidates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RyanA in Seabrook, Texas

32 months ago

Other candidates for 3 rivers?

khali in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

RyanA in Seabrook, Texas said: Other candidates for 3 rivers?

i have test tomorrow at 3 rivers....
i called aerotek..they dont know anything abt operator jobs...and there's no 1 called anaama....
can you give me number for that location....i called the no# from their website...

khali in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

bwilliams81 in Denham Springs, Louisiana said: @khali Exxon will not call you have to keep checking the site to see when theres a testing session avaliable. I live in Louisiana and I'm taking the test in Mobile, AL. I changed my test location to that location just to taake the test. Even though thats my testing location I don't have to work there you also have to set up different work locations. Once again you can test anywhere but make sure you set up your job locations as well.

thank you for info..when is ur test date?

Terry68 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

32 months ago

Where did you see the openings for Cheveron in Mississippi? The company website?

khali in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

Terry68 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi said: Where did you see the openings for Cheveron in Mississippi? The company website?

yes company website...u need to take assessment online 30 minute 25 easy questions...

RyanA in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

khali in Pasadena, Texas said: i have test tomorrow at 3 rivers....
i called aerotek..they dont know anything abt operator jobs...and there's no 1 called anaama....
can you give me number for that location....i called the no# from their website...

seven one three six four zero three six five one

khali in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

RyanA in Houston, Texas said: seven one three six four zero three six five one

thank you

32 months ago

Jan 20 in mobile, Al

Arsenic in North Hollywood, California

32 months ago

khali in Pasadena, Texas said: mechanical aptitude--study Barons mechanical aptitude and spatial relations book & also Arco mechanical aptitude spatial relation book
for math- Cliff's basic math and pre algebra....

These books help you to familiarize with the test......tips and tricks....
all the best.....

Khali,

I could not find the cliffs basic math and pre algebra book.
Can you give me a link that shows the exact book you used.

Whats your email address?

khali in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

Arsenic in North Hollywood, California said: Khali,

I could not find the cliffs basic math and pre algebra book.
Can you give me a link that shows the exact book you used.

Whats your email address?

u can find all the books in any library.....thats where i got mine...

Nicole in Beaumont, Texas

32 months ago

Jeff in Deer Park, Texas said: We have a pool of 40 people that passed testing and interviews that are ranked from 1 to 40. I was number 2 and I believe they are up to number 25 or 30. When this pool is used up TPC will have another round of testing and interviews. I'm just guessing but it will probably be around May. They post it on all the job boards so keep an eye open.

Jeff, can you give me any insight as to what the Assessment & Interview process for TPC Group was like? I tested with them this morning and was told they were looking for 20 people for the applicant pool in Pt Neches. A total of 70 applicants were tested & they will be doing the Assessments & Interviews in 2 weeks. Supposedly they are rushing to fill 3 vacancies at the Pt Neches location.

khali in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

Nicole in Beaumont, Texas said: Jeff, can you give me any insight as to what the Assessment & Interview process for TPC Group was like? I tested with them this morning and was told they were looking for 20 people for the applicant pool in Pt Neches. A total of 70 applicants were tested & they will be doing the Assessments & Interviews in 2 weeks. Supposedly they are rushing to fill 3 vacancies at the Pt Neches location.

hi..how long it took to call you for test?
i applied this month 13th..havent heard anything yet..
can you tell me pls...applied for port neeche position....

khali in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

Nicole in Beaumont, Texas said: Jeff, can you give me any insight as to what the Assessment & Interview process for TPC Group was like? I tested with them this morning and was told they were looking for 20 people for the applicant pool in Pt Neches. A total of 70 applicants were tested & they will be doing the Assessments & Interviews in 2 weeks. Supposedly they are rushing to fill 3 vacancies at the Pt Neches location.

hi..how long it took to call you for test?
i applied last month dec 13th..havent heard anything yet..
can you tell me pls...applied for port neeche position....[/

Jeremy in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

32 months ago

I also tested for the position at the Port Neches TPC facility. The woman giving the test told us starting pay was $21.80 I think... Is that true, or is it actually $25.50? I feel like I did well on the test so hopefully I get a call to interview.

jeff in Port Allen, Louisiana

32 months ago

Jeremy, was the test difficult,or easy, what type of questions did it consist of ?

Jeremy in Seabrook, Texas

32 months ago

It was the norm for operator test as far as the questions go.... Mostly understanding information and mechanical aptitude. What made it better to me, is they gave you a lot of time to finish it. Usually you don't have time to answer all the questions in each section, but with this testing method I had time to go back and double check almost every question I answered.

Jeff in Deer Park, Texas

32 months ago

Maybe the rates are different at Port Neches but I thought they were the same at all 3 of our plants

Jeremy in La Porte, Texas

32 months ago

If I get the opportunity to find out for sure, I will let you know. We are suppose to find out if we made it to the next round by the end of the week.... How are the assessments and interviews?

khali in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

Aerotek is hiring machine operators for a refinery in baytown.....

Jeff in Deer Park, Texas

32 months ago

The assessment is with 3 psychologists that want to know how u think and the interview is like any typical interview. Be sure to stress safety in the interview. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in La Porte, Texas

32 months ago

I appreciate the advice! I'll let you know how everything goes.

nate in Bozeman, Montana

32 months ago

Does anyone know if its hard to get hired with a DUI on record? anyone get hired with one? I am worried I may finish my degree and not be able to get hired. Thanks

rudyvalentino in Houston, Texas

32 months ago

Check the TWIC website. If you had a dui during the seven years prior to your TWIC application, then I don't think you can. If it was more than seven then yes. I am not exactly sure, I just heard that. I live and work in Texas; don't know about other states.

nate in Bozeman, Montana

32 months ago

damn, yeah this happened 2 months ago. This sucks man.

Jeremy in Marshall, Texas

32 months ago

I'm amost positive you can still get a twic card with a DUI. The honest answer is most bigger plants won't touch you for the seven years due to insurance reasons. I just had a friend get a job offer from a big refinery in lake Charles, and the offer was repealed bc he had a DUI 2 years ago. That same friend just moved back from up north where he was working as an operator at a chemical plant. So some smaller plants will hire, but you will have to put in some work and impress in the interview. If nothing else the degree will help you get a good job with a contractor doing maintenance type work. Those jobs generally pay well, and the experience may offset the DUI when you get a shot at one of the plants.

jj25 in Dallas, Texas

32 months ago

You should still be able to get a twic since a dui is not a felony. As far as background checks, it will show up so talk to an attorney and get it expunged. With the dui expunged, only law enforcement officials and the government can see the dui on your record. Might cost some money but welk worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RyanA in Ellington, Connecticut

32 months ago

RyanA in Houston, Texas said: seven one three six four zero three six five one

How did you do on your test? Great I hope. I just received a email from Valero 3 Rivers for a interview. I go for the interview next week.

nate in Bozeman, Montana

32 months ago

So how much are your guys checks every 2 weeks? Specifically single guys who get taxed to hell and about how many hours do you work a week? I know whenever I work taxes rape me.

Jack in Rome, Georgia

32 months ago

What's the high demand position in the industrial field

Breda43 in Missouri City, Texas

32 months ago

Chris in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: I am currently in school, working toward a PTEC degree. I have a few questions.

I know it varies, but, typically, what is the average starting pay, for a process technician. What does pay typically top off at, or does it top off? Are there specific pay scales, or do you receive a percentage pay raise, every year. If someone starts at $22/hr, what would they typically be making 5 years, 10 years, 20 years later?

I've seen some great salaries posted by process technicians. I've heard, on more than one occassion, of guys pulling in $90-$100K+. I'm wondering -- to pull in that kind of money, does it require constant over-time?

Just trying to get a gouge og pay. I've done research, and it all points to this being a great paying career, but most of the pay refers to starting pay, and doesn't mention expectations, beyong that. Such as, once you've been a process technician for 5-10+ years, etc.

You bet! you will live at the plant to pull in that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

32 months ago

nate in Bozeman, Montana said: Does anyone know if its hard to get hired with a DUI on record? anyone get hired with one? I am worried I may finish my degree and not be able to get hired. Thanks

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nate in Bozeman, Montana

32 months ago

Breda43 in Missouri City, Texas said: GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

lol thanks, I can tell just buy reading your words that your a negative person who probably does not enjoy their job as a process technician. ;)

Dusty Roads in Pasadena, Texas

32 months ago

nate in Bozeman, Montana said: lol thanks, I can tell just buy reading your words that your a negative person who probably does not enjoy their job as a process technician. ;)[/Qate UOTE]

Nate you seem very interested in annual slary. An easy way to calculate this is by multiplying your hourly rate by 2080.Thisis is the total number of hours you work per year using a 40 hour week for 52 weeks per year. If your rate is $30 per hour you will earn $62400. No overtime or holiday pay.

32 months ago

Nate I'm a Trainer!If you want me to SUGARCOAT it for you ....

nate in Bozeman, Montana

32 months ago

Trainer for what?

32 months ago

Wishing you the best with your job search ok.

Jack in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

32 months ago

What Or who are the plants looking as far as position

abfocus1 in Kenner, Louisiana

32 months ago

These are my top ten jobs.

1. Shell
2. Exxon Mobile
3.Conoco Phillips
4. Chevron Phillips
5. Valero
6. Dow
7. Chevron
8. Marathon Oil
9. Air Products
10. Goodyear

abfocus1 in Kenner, Louisiana

32 months ago

nate in Bozeman, Montana said: lol thanks, I can tell just buy reading your words that your a negative person who probably does not enjoy their job as a process technician. ;)

bro whatever you do. dont give up on your dream. keep moving forward. let the company say no. dont count yourself out right now.

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

32 months ago

abfocus1 in Kenner, Louisiana said: bro whatever you do. dont give up on your dream. keep moving forward. let the company say no. dont count yourself out right now.

I agree. Keep your head up and a door will open. A positive attitude goes a long way in the industry as well as life in general.

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.