Valero operator test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (501 to 550 of 1320)
Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next »   Last »

isaac in West Covina, California

17 months ago

Leahkat in Santa Ana, California said: Maybe they are interviewing in batches.. Or have their priority interviews first.. Then if they don't find all that they need, more will be interviewed. I hope.. :/

I hope your right. I hate all this waiting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Leo in Carson, California

17 months ago

I have yet to Receive an email or a call for the operator trainee in Cali. Hate this waiting game.

albert in Richardson, Texas

17 months ago

How longs does it usaully take after the exam for a responce?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris S in Santa Fe, Texas

17 months ago

When I started the process for Texas City it was close to a month or so before my interview. It was a few weeks after the test when they called to set it up. After the interview it only took a few days before they let me know they were giving me the offer. After you do all the pre employment stuff it took about 3 days to get the final offer letting me know I could turn in my 2 weeks when I wanted and the start date was going to be Aug. 12th.

Paul in Phoenix

17 months ago

I took my pre employment assessment test in Carson, CA on Saturday June 8th, and I still to this day have not gotten an email regarding my test results or a phone call to schedule an interview. Is this unusual or is this protocol? Five weeks with no information, seems unusual to me. Discouragement has set in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

brettr4 in humble, Texas

17 months ago

Chris S in Santa Fe, Texas said: When I started the process for Texas City it was close to a month or so before my interview. It was a few weeks after the test when they called to set it up. After the interview it only took a few days before they let me know they were giving me the offer. After you do all the pre employment stuff it took about 3 days to get the final offer letting me know I could turn in my 2 weeks when I wanted and the start date was going to be Aug. 12th.

Chris i took my physical/drug screen july 11th. I haven't heard back yet other than an e-mail asking info for my boot slip. They said they would contact me and let me know it's ok to put in my two weeks. I was wondering when you took your physical and when did they contact you. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: Chris i took my physical/drug screen july 11th. I haven't heard back yet other than an e-mail asking info for my boot slip. They said they would contact me and let me know it's ok to put in my two weeks. I was wondering when you took your physical and when did they contact you. Thanks

I went in on July 1st for my hair follicle sample and called right after to schedule the physical which was a day or so later. After that I called and was told I was good and that I needed to come get my boot vouchers and that I also needed to get my TWIC card. Brett are you picked for Houston? They might be slightly different HR protocols. It sounds like you are good to go since they are working on your boots. I should be seeing you on Monday the 12th as long as everything goes right.

17 months ago

Paul in Phoenix said: I took my pre employment assessment test in Carson, CA on Saturday June 8th, and I still to this day have not gotten an email regarding my test results or a phone call to schedule an interview. Is this unusual or is this protocol? Five weeks with no information, seems unusual to me. Discouragement has set in.

I know how you feel, and according to petrovet he just had his interview yesterday, but HR told me we wont hear anything till the end of the month. She also said that more people passed the test then they thought, so it might take a little longer. I'm just tired of waiting to here something.

Paul in Phoenix

17 months ago

Isaac, I know exactly how you feel. If they are already doing interviews, then there is a good chance that they might have everybody picked that they want. I'm really not sure, especially if HR told you that they will be making phone calls by the end of the month. I'm just playing the waiting game with you

17 months ago

Yeah I know Paul, But when I asked about the interviews, the lady wanted to transfer me to someone else, but I got an answering machine. I left a message but still haven't received a reply.

Driz in Santa Ana, California

17 months ago

I know how you guys feel. I'm pretty sure that they interviewed all the higher ups referrals first they have 15 spots so we still have a chance i was referred too. I'm still keeping my hopes up and waiting for that call in the end of the month. I do know they need alot of people right now and my friend told me that after this class they will be hiring another class due to being so short staffed.

17 months ago

I was referred too by a friend and he said out 1200 people 400 people passed the test. And he did mention that they're hiring more than the 15 because they're short on people. So my hopes are still high, but waiting to hear something for so long is hard stuff. Especially when we read about TC and Houston and how it worked out for them.

Driz in Santa Ana, California

17 months ago

isaac in West Covina, California said: I was referred too by a friend and he said out 1200 people 400 people passed the test. And he did mention that they're hiring more than the 15 because they're short on people. So my hopes are still high, but waiting to hear something for so long is hard stuff. Especially when we read about TC and Houston and how it worked out for them.

well thats good news!

Paul in Phoenix

17 months ago

That is really good to hear Isaac!, I will continue to remain optimistic hearing that kind of news. Thanx!!

Leahkat in Santa Ana, California

17 months ago

Awesome.. only 400 passed?? and hiring more?? So if they hire 20 people total.. That means about one in 20 will get it (provided they find what theyre looking for..) Those odds aren't that bad :)

Leo in Carson, California

17 months ago

The Process can take up to a year. I know chevron hired people in january, They had applied well over a year ago. Also Exxon mobil just started hiring people that took the test last year.

brettr4 in humble, Texas

17 months ago

Chris S in Santa Fe, Texas said: I went in on July 1st for my hair follicle sample and called right after to schedule the physical which was a day or so later. After that I called and was told I was good and that I needed to come get my boot vouchers and that I also needed to get my TWIC card. Brett are you picked for Houston? They might be slightly different HR protocols. It sounds like you are good to go since they are working on your boots. I should be seeing you on Monday the 12th as long as everything goes right.

Chris, yeah i was hired at valero houston. I just spoke to hr and everything came back clear so i'm good to go. Just waiting on my twic card

17 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: Chris, yeah i was hired at valero houston. I just spoke to hr and everything came back clear so i'm good to go. Just waiting on my twic card

That's awesome Brett. I am ready to get started on the 12th and to meet everyone. My TWIC card status says it was approved and card request was initiated. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Hard working in Franklinton, Louisiana

17 months ago

Chris S in Santa Fe, Texas said: That's awesome Brett. I am ready to get started on the 12th and to meet everyone. My TWIC card status says it was approved and card request was initiated. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

I took the interview on the 20th of June, if you don't mind me asking, I was wondering what kind of answers did you give them and what do you believe helped you get an offer. I'm asking because I felt like I did very well kept the subject on safety, I have experience as a chemical operator but still didn't get selected. I'm just trying to figure out what could I do to better my chances next time.

brettr4 in humble, Texas

17 months ago

Chris S in Santa Fe, Texas said: That's awesome Brett. I am ready to get started on the 12th and to meet everyone. My TWIC card status says it was approved and card request was initiated. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

Chris how long did it take from the time you applied for your twic until the time you were approved? I applied july 10th so it's only been a week. I called yesterday and they said it has been sent to the tsa and is in the adjudication process

17 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: Chris how long did it take from the time you applied for your twic until the time you were approved? I applied july 10th so it's only been a week. I called yesterday and they said it has been sent to the tsa and is in the adjudication process

It took about 4 days to go to production status. I have had federal background checks previously so I am not sure what role that plays.

17 months ago

Hard working in Franklinton, Louisiana said: I took the interview on the 20th of June, if you don't mind me asking, I was wondering what kind of answers did you give them and what do you believe helped you get an offer. I'm asking because I felt like I did very well kept the subject on safety, I have experience as a chemical operator but still didn't get selected. I'm just trying to figure out what could I do to better my chances next time.

I was able to give them specifics for each question they asked. I have no operator experience but do have an extensive law enforcement and fire fighting background. I think some of it has to do with which group you interview with. With them only interviewing 50 for 10 positions they have some pretty hard choices to make on who they pick.

brettr4 in humble, Texas

17 months ago

Chris S in Santa Fe, Texas said: It took about 4 days to go to production status. I have had federal background checks previously so I am not sure what role that plays.

Okay chris thanks for the info. Hopefully i'll hear something soon

Hard working in Seabrook, Texas

17 months ago

Chris S in Santa Fe, Texas said: I was able to give them specifics for each question they asked. I have no operator experience but do have an extensive law enforcement and fire fighting background. I think some of it ha do with higher group you interview with. With them only interviewing 50 for 10 positions they have some pretty hard choices to make on who they pick.

OK thanks for the info. I have both operator and law enforcement experience I'm still not sure what I did wrong. Oh well it wasn't my time. I hope you enjoy working there, it's one of the best companies to work for. I wish you and the other people well and stay safe.

Meza in Los Angeles, California

17 months ago

Brother just told me that interviews are going on this week. About 46 got selected to interview. Looks like if you didnt get called by now you werent selected... depressing news.

17 months ago

Meza in Los Angeles, California said: Brother just told me that interviews are going on this week. About 46 got selected to interview. Looks like if you didnt get called by now you werent selected... depressing news.

Bummer

17 months ago

I guess thats why their waiting till the end of the month to send the rejection emails. Hopefully they are going to hire more later. I'm just tired of the waiting game.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Meza

17 months ago

Yeah from what my brother said is that there's going to be another hiring session because a lot of workers are retiring at the end of the year. Who knows when that will be. At this point we just gotta keep trying.

Paul in Phoenix in Texas

17 months ago

Sounds like that means i'm out of it. I guess i'll be waiting for my rejection email. Oh well, we all tried! Thanx for the info Meza

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Phoenix in Texas

17 months ago

Maybe Valero didn't like or approve of what is on my Facebook page, did anybody ever consider that? I'm just sayin!

Chris S in Texas

17 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: Okay chris thanks for the info. Hopefully i'll hear something soon

Brett my TWIC card was ready today so hopefully yours will be coming shortly!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

17 months ago

petrovet in Westminster, California said: Refinery Operator C. I know that there are other people interviewing this week but don't know how many have been scheduled.

I was just wondering how you think you did on your interview?

brettr4 in humble, Texas

17 months ago

Chris S in Texas said: Brett my TWIC card was ready today so hopefully yours will be coming shortly!!

I called today and they said it was approved so i'm good to go. See you at BOT.

quadguy in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

isaac in West Covina, California said: I was just wondering how you think you did on your interview?

Hey man did you get invited to an interview? I had mine on the 8th but haven't heard anything back yet. Biting my nails and pulling my hair everyday since my interview!

Isaac in West Covina, California

16 months ago

quadguy in Los Angeles, California said: Hey man did you get invited to an interview? I had mine on the 8th but haven't heard anything back yet. Biting my nails and pulling my hair everyday since my interview!

No I never got an interview or and email saying anything to me about the job. I called and they said that we would hear something at the end of this month. But I'm still waiting. I don't know if I even passed the test or not. I feel lied to by them because when I called at the beginning of the month they said "we had more than usual people take the test and that they're going to take to the end of the month to contact us. Of course I found out that wasn't true because people were be called for interviews by then. Maybe next time. So how was your interview? Keep me updated bro. Good Luck.

16 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: I called today and they said it was approved so i'm good to go. See you at BOT.

Awesome I am ready to get started on the 12th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Isaac in West Covina, California

16 months ago

Well I just got my rejection letter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Phoenix in San Antonio, Texas

16 months ago

Yeah, I just got mine too. Oh well, I tried.

FCC in Austin, Texas

16 months ago

Any new hires at texas city have to retake the drug test

16 months ago

FCC in Austin, Texas said: Any new hires at texas city have to retake the drug test

Yes I do as well. Something to do with the policy that it has to be done within 30 days of start date and we did it too early. I go in Wednesday afternoon.

quadguy in Gardena, California

16 months ago

Anyone else on here that had an interview on the 17th, 18th, or 19th hear anything yet? Had mine but still no word.

albert from texas in Brownsville, Texas

16 months ago

can anyone help. I got my phone interview and i think i did pretty good but they say something about sending me papers for my background check but my question is, is it going to be through email or the valero website?

mike in Orange, Texas

16 months ago

For what it is worth, all those who got rejected don't give up. From what I understand, Valero Pt. Arthur plans on hiring a new class every 6 months for the next three to five years. Over 50 percent of the operators there are retirement eligible within the next five years. Pt. Arthur is Valero's biggest refinery, and that is a lot of operators....so just keep at it!

petrovet in Westminster, California

16 months ago

quadguy in Gardena, California said: Anyone else on here that had an interview on the 17th, 18th, or 19th hear anything yet? Had mine but still no word.

Interviewed on the 16th. Emailed HR 2 weeks ago for an update. I was told to be patient and that we'll be contacted at the end of the month. They are in no hurry because the training wont start until the end of September or early October. In the mean time I've tested at Tesoro where I interview tomorrow, tested for Exxon-Mobil, and have a test coming up at Conoco-Phillips.

albert in Brownsville, Texas

16 months ago

how long does it usually take for the background to go through and whats the next step after that?

albert in Brownsville, Texas

15 months ago

i tested for valero sometime in july, i got a call for a phone interview and 2 days after i got an email with the background papers. Couple of days later i got called back for a face to face interview. Can someone please help by letting me know what kind of questions they ask in the interview. And why would they skip the drug and physical part for after the interview. I just think that taking the drug test and physical before would be better for them to see that i am clean and good to go.

brettr4 in humble, Texas

15 months ago

albert in Brownsville, Texas said: i tested for valero sometime in july, i got a call for a phone interview and 2 days after i got an email with the background papers. Couple of days later i got called back for a face to face interview. Can someone please help by letting me know what kind of questions they ask in the interview. And why would they skip the drug and physical part for after the interview. I just think that taking the drug test and physical before would be better for them to see that i am clean and good to go.

Albert the interview was all situational interview questions. There was a hr rep, a unit supervisor and a complex supervisor in my interview. I knew that it was situational interview so i googled most common situational interview questions and had answers prepared for every question possible. Good luck.

Cleanguy15 in Los Angeles, California

15 months ago

albert in Brownsville, Texas said: i tested for valero sometime in july, i got a call for a phone interview and 2 days after i got an email with the background papers. Couple of days later i got called back for a face to face interview. Can someone please help by letting me know what kind of questions they ask in the interview. And why would they skip the drug and physical part for after the interview. I just think that taking the drug test and physical before would be better for them to see that i am clean and good to go.

As for the drug test after the interview....

Drug test cost $$$$
Interviews are cheap

Cleanguy15 in Los Angeles, California

15 months ago

mike in Orange, Texas said: For what it is worth, all those who got rejected don't give up. From what I understand, Valero Pt. Arthur plans on hiring a new class every 6 months for the next three to five years. Over 50 percent of the operators there are retirement eligible within the next five years. Pt. Arthur is Valero's biggest refinery, and that is a lot of operators....so just keep at it!

So does that mean we have to take the test again or are they picking from the same batch? I

Zulu75 in Los Angeles, California

15 months ago

Had an interview on July 19th still waiting for a yes or no it's been four months since I applied three months since the assessment and forty five days since my interview, I know the training doesn't start till the end of the month but I just wish I knew, staying patient and still believing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.