Comments (51 to 100 of 1771)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

RyanA in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

Thanks. How is the hunt going for you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shawn in League City, Texas

51 months ago

i was just got the email for the testing !! i have until next monday , im pretty sure i will be okay heard the questions are not difficult , i will update as i go through this hire process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zelallen in Texas City, Texas

51 months ago

RyanA in Houston, Texas said: I can't wait to get started. Three Rivers Texas.

CONGRATULATION MAN! keep us updated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

shawn in League City, Texas said: i was just got the email for the testing !! i have until next monday , im pretty sure i will be okay heard the questions are not difficult , i will update as i go through this hire process

congrats! I might be taking it with you..where are you taking the test at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

zelallen in Texas City, Texas said: congrats! I might be taking it with you..where are you taking the test at?

im takeing it at C.O.M.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

shawn in League City, Texas said: im takeing it at C.O.M.

same here. i'm nervous about the test. do you have any idea if there are sample question we can take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

zelallen in Texas City, Texas said: same here. i'm nervous about the test. do you have any idea if there are sample question we can take?

yes i was able to get my hands on a P.O.S.S. practice test Plant Operator Selection System test , you should just be able to google search POSS practice test , but it is 1/3 understanding bar graphs line graphs basic graphs and a reading comprehension part , and the personality portion should be easy buddy,
email me if you want shawnbub@me.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

shawn in League City, Texas said: yes i was able to get my hands on a P.O.S.S. practice test Plant Operator Selection System test , you should just be able to google search POSS practice test , but it is 1/3 understanding bar graphs line graphs basic graphs and a reading comprehension part , and the personality portion should be easy buddy,
email me if you want shawnbub@me.com

cool..check your email lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jj25 in Allentown, Pennsylvania

51 months ago

RyanA in Houston, Texas said: I can't wait to get started. Three Rivers Texas.

Just playing the waiting game for Norco.

bnorm in Conroe, Texas

51 months ago

jj25 in Allentown, Pennsylvania said: Just playing the waiting game for Norco.

When you tested for the position, did the test consist of graphs and bar graphs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bnorm in Conroe, Texas

51 months ago

zelallen in Texas City, Texas said: cool..check your email lol

I am testing the same time as you guys. I was wondering if the line graphs and basic graphs are going to be part of the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

bnorm in Conroe, Texas

51 months ago

zelallen in Texas City, Texas said: cool..check your email lol

I am testing the same time as you guys. I was wondering if the line graphs and basic graphs are going to be part of the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RyanA in Sugar Land, Texas

51 months ago

There a a few questions that have graphs and bars that go with other information. You will have a page with a graph and 3-5 questions on the information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bnorm in Conroe, Texas

51 months ago

RyanA in Sugar Land, Texas said: There a a few questions that have graphs and bars that go with other information. You will have a page with a graph and 3-5 questions on the information.

Thanks. Are all parts of the test timed, and do they give you enough time to finish? The reason I ask is because I am looking at some practice tests online and the time limit seems to be real tight.

bnorm in Conroe, Texas

51 months ago

RyanA in Sugar Land, Texas said: There a a few questions that have graphs and bars that go with other information. You will have a page with a graph and 3-5 questions on the information.

What are the starting salary for the relief process operators position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

51 months ago

bnorm in Conroe, Texas said: Thanks. Are all parts of the test timed, and do they give you enough time to finish? The reason I ask is because I am looking at some practice tests online and the time limit seems to be real tight.

All the parts of the test are timed. You will have ample time to complete all sections of the test. Get yourself in the mind set of completing as many a you can accuratley and go back and study the ones you might have skipped or were not 100% sure of.

51 months ago

what is the estimated time from the testing to the drug testing to the start date ????

51 months ago

I am from Sugar Land , Texas and took the test in Norco , La on December 03, 2011. I was notified by email of a interview on January 13, 2012. I interviewed in Three Rivers on January 18, 2012. I was notified of offer on February 01, 2012. Physical this week and start date march 05, 2012.

According to my records start to finish in my case was roughly 2 months.

TexasMade in Conroe, Texas

51 months ago

Im tasting next week monday in Texas city for the Valero Relief Operator job. Can anyone tell me the type of math on the test and the type of questions on the Mechanical aptitude test. Also does anyone know of any good study guides

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bwilliams81 in Washington, District of Columbia

51 months ago

@Ryana im waiting on valero in norco were u notified of an offer by email or phone call?

RyanA in Beaumont, Texas

51 months ago

Bwilliams81,

I was notified by phone of the offer verbally. Once you agree it sets things in motion and you then get a written letter.

bwilliams81 in Washington, District of Columbia

51 months ago

as far as the background check did they notified u of that or did they just called u with an offer? i got an email last week stating that i needed to update by application i hope that was good news... the start date at norco is Mar 12..

RyanA in Beaumont, Texas

51 months ago

Bwilliams81,

After I called to schedule a interview I was told to update my application. The criminal background was complete before they called with a verbal offer. Once offered a job by phone and accepted all other checks start to happen such as employment. Then comes physical and drug test.

bwilliams81 in Denham Springs, Louisiana

51 months ago

did they call any of your references? current employer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

bwilliams81 in Denham Springs, Louisiana said: did they call any of your references? current employer?

To my knowledge they did not call any references. They did have a employment verification company call to verify my employment.

bwilliams81 in Old Hickory, Tennessee

51 months ago

did they call all your previous jobs r just your current because my past jobs my supervisors are either retired r at other jobs that's why im asking and my current job will not give out any information at least that's wat they told us when we were hired. i don't want that to effect me getting on if they do call ya know....

L.medrano in Houston, Texas

51 months ago

Hey y'all I'm taking my process operator test for Exxon and shell in 2 weeks any help with the test or info will help me alot I don't know where to even start looking at studying

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

stjo4949 in Dumas, Texas

51 months ago

i just got an invitation for a test with valero, most of these post seem to be operator related, my title was called "YARDMAN" is this similier to the operator position ? does anyone know the pay scale for yardman and is the test close to the type for a operator test also this position is in sunray texas.Any information about this job will be appreciated

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

51 months ago

bwilliams81 in Old Hickory, Tennessee said: did they call all your previous jobs r just your current because my past jobs my supervisors are either retired r at other jobs that's why im asking and my current job will not give out any information at least that's wat they told us when we were hired. i don't want that to effect me getting on if they do call ya know....

Bwilliams81,

Have you heard any news? I got the call today. I am in and will start in March. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you in uniform.

51 months ago

no nothing yet i know about 7 guys plus myself who haven't heard anything yet. congrats to you and will you ve working at three rivers or norco?

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

51 months ago

bwilliams81 in Old Hickory, Tennessee said: no nothing yet i know about 7 guys plus myself who haven't heard anything yet. congrats to you and will you ve working at three rivers or norco?

Thanks for the congrats. I will be working in the Three Rivers Refinery. If you are ok with moving around I suggest you apply at other Valero facilites. It is worth a shot if you are willing. Keep on looking for something from them. I am sure they will contact you.

51 months ago

man i apply in Texas and Louisiana i applied to three rivers and were offered to take the test cuz i thought i had failed the first time. i took the test in Jun last yr and norco called me the same day for an interview... i don't mind relocating at all because you have to keep your options open

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

51 months ago

bwilliams81 in Old Hickory, Tennessee said: man i apply in Texas and Louisiana i applied to three rivers and were offered to take the test cuz i thought i had failed the first time. i took the test in Jun last yr and norco called me the same day for an interview... i don't mind relocating at all because you have to keep your options open

Keep that open mind and positive attitude and it will happen for you. The right spot will make itself available for you.

bwilliams81 in Ponchatoula, Louisiana

51 months ago

as anyone interviewed at valero in norco? if so have you heard anything back from them?

rafael campos in Corpus Christi, Texas

50 months ago

RyanA in Houston, Texas said: I got an offer and need to go through the physical. Not final yet but, pretty close.

did they call you for the physical, and do you know if the 15 operator spots are open? i had a interview and still wondering when they would contact me back or if they will. so if you know anything it would help alot .

RyanA

50 months ago

rafael campos in Corpus Christi, Texas said: did they call you for the physical, and do you know if the 15 operator spots are open? i had a interview and still wondering when they would contact me back or if they will. so if you know anything it would help alot .

Rafael,

Physical is complete and set to start March 05, 2012. I am not certain if they filled all the positions. Good luck.

igardner in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

50 months ago

@bwilliams, i interviewed at Valero Norco early Jan. for 8hr Trainee and no responce yet. igardner from BR,LA.

50 months ago

@igardner i know about 10 other people who interviewed an no one has heard anything yet i wonder wats taking so long if the start date supposed to be Mar 12. maybe this week we should hear something... all i got was an email saying to update my application a few weeks ago..

rafael in Corpus Christi, Texas

50 months ago

RyanA said: Rafael,

Physical is complete and set to start March 05, 2012. I am not certain if they filled all the positions. Good luck.

I just called they said the picked 21 guys and I wasn't selebutd but it was my first time applying for operation job it my dream job .hopefully I would get in next time. I'm only 22 years old and currently work as a sub contractor for the refineries . If you have any tips you can tell me like about what to say in the interview because I think that was the part that messed me up because I never been in that kind of situation with more the one person interviewing me I was nervous and didn't sale myself the best way that I wanted to. Congratulations on the job

50 months ago

@Rafael did they give you guys a copy of their benefits when you interviewed?

rafael campos in Corpus Christi, Texas

50 months ago

No they just told me that they would contact me before march 5 if i was picked and they just send me on my way.

RyanA in Metairie, Louisiana

50 months ago

rafael in Corpus Christi, Texas said: I just called they said the picked 21 guys and I wasn't selebutd but it was my first time applying for operation job it my dream job .hopefully I would get in next time. I'm only 22 years old and currently work as a sub contractor for the refineries . If you have any tips you can tell me like about what to say in the interview because I think that was the part that messed me up because I never been in that kind of situation with more the one person interviewing me I was nervous and didn't sale myself the best way that I wanted to. Congratulations on the job

Rafael, I am sorry to hear you were not selected. I believe you are on the right track. Keep applying for the jobs and apply with many different companies. In regards to your interview, we have all had a less than desirable interview. That is how you learn. Now that you have faced a panel interview you will know what to expect. When you get another interview you must think back to your Valero interview and remember what questions they asked you. All companies will ask the same questions basically but, they will be in a different order. The fact that you got the interview is a good sign. Use that experience and build on it. Write down all the questions they asked you and have 3 possible answers to each question.

I hate to say it but, in order to make yourself more marketable you need to sell the fact that yes you want the job but, they must think to themselves, I really want this person on my team. In order to do that you must stand out in the crowd. What about you makes you better than the rest? You need a hook my friend. Once you have your answers to possible interview questions say them in front of a mirror or out loud when by yourself. This will allow you to not stumble on your words enabling you to get your point across and show them why they would miss out if they did not hire you.
Most importantly, never quit and keep a positive attitude!

Bubba the console operator in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

If you want to be an operator practice sleeping in a chair and eating a whole lot. Be prepared to be bored out of your skull most of the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

RyanA in Houston, Texas said: Congrats on getting a test date. The test is 3 parts = 1 part mechanical aptitude. 1 part reading & comprehension and 1 part behavioral . The first two parts you will have 45-50 minutes and the last part roughly an hour. I recommend you study the mechanical aptitude books you can find at borders. The test is not too terribly hard. The main thing you should focus on is completing each section while getting as many right as possible. You should be able to finish each section and then go back through to check over your answers or any questions you might have skipped. Ideally you should finish and be able to go from front to back atleast one more time.

I was never told wether or not I passed or failed the test. I wondered if I passed. I received a email one day that said I was selected to interview and that was it. I went to the interview and gave it my all. The interview will consist of a panel of 3-4 and they will ask you situational questions. Tell me time when you......

Make it to the interview and we can talk. Good luck!

Hey :) you told me to let you know when i make it to the interview...I was told to come in for an interview for March..Any advice would be appreciated..thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

downgoesfrazier in Bridge City, Texas

50 months ago

zelallen in Texas City, Texas said: Hey :) you told me to let you know when i make it to the interview...I was told to come in for an interview for March..Any advice would be appreciated..thanks

Are you interviewing for one the operations positions in Texas City or Houston? If so, when are you interviewing? I tested for those positions and I haven't heard anything back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

downgoesfrazier in Bridge City, Texas said: Are you interviewing for one the operations positions in Texas City or Houston? If so, when are you interviewing? I tested for those positions and I haven't heard anything back.

It's for the relief operator at texas city. My interview is on 2nd week of March. They are still not done sending emails for interview so I'm sure yours is coming.

50 months ago

zelallen in Texas City, Texas said: It's for the relief operator at texas city. My interview is on 2nd week of March. They are still not done sending emails for interview so I'm sure yours is coming.

congrats, i still havnt gotten a email for the texas city interview , but i did take the test already

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

renzo in Tulsa, Oklahoma

50 months ago

Any idea how many they're hiring and interviewing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Please can anyone tell me how the interview process might be and what questions they might ask? any help will be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

bwilliams81 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

50 months ago

does anyone know anything about the mosaic company? the test they give and pay?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.