Valero operator test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 986)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

downgoesfrazier in Bridge City, Texas

30 months ago

zelallen in Texas City, Texas said: Hey :) you told me to let you know when i make it to the interview...I was told to come in for an interview for March..Any advice would be appreciated..thanks

Are you interviewing for one the operations positions in Texas City or Houston? If so, when are you interviewing? I tested for those positions and I haven't heard anything back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zelallen in Texas City, Texas

30 months ago

downgoesfrazier in Bridge City, Texas said: Are you interviewing for one the operations positions in Texas City or Houston? If so, when are you interviewing? I tested for those positions and I haven't heard anything back.

It's for the relief operator at texas city. My interview is on 2nd week of March. They are still not done sending emails for interview so I'm sure yours is coming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shawn in League City, Texas

30 months ago

zelallen in Texas City, Texas said: It's for the relief operator at texas city. My interview is on 2nd week of March. They are still not done sending emails for interview so I'm sure yours is coming.

congrats, i still havnt gotten a email for the texas city interview , but i did take the test already

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

renzo in Tulsa, Oklahoma

30 months ago

Any idea how many they're hiring and interviewing?

30 months ago

Please can anyone tell me how the interview process might be and what questions they might ask? any help will be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bwilliams81 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

30 months ago

does anyone know anything about the mosaic company? the test they give and pay?

RyanA in Cypress, Texas

30 months ago

zelallen in Texas City, Texas said: Hey :) you told me to let you know when i make it to the interview...I was told to come in for an interview for March..Any advice would be appreciated..thanks

Congrats on your selection for a interview. They will introduce themselves and get right to it. They will ask you a series of questions that will guage if you will be a good fit in their organization. They will all consist of questions that start with, " tell me a time when you had to....". For example, when you had to work with a difficult person, when you did not finish a task and why, and when have you gone above and beyond and why.

You should have a few different examples to tell them. You will not need to tell them all but, when you sit down and guage your audience you will be able to determine what scenario will work best for you. They will only ask you questions from their interview sheet. If you have the opportunity to interject usefull information about a time or instence that makes you appear to be a obvious choice for them, go for it. The goal of the interview is to sell yourself. They must be left with the impression that they must have you on their team.

Be confident in your responses and make eye contact when responding. Remember that your interviewers are human and they do have compassion. If you have a competitive edge I would use it and by that I mean everyone has a story that has brought them to this point. I would go for it. You only get one chance to make a first impression. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jnicole29 in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

For those of you that tested & interviewed for Valero Relief Operators Texas City & Houston:
Have you heard anything since your interview? I interviewed on March 9th in Houston. I think the interview went well & the only thing I've gotten was an email asking me to update/verify my Extended Application & email them back when completed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jnicole29 in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

zelallen in Texas City, Texas said: It's for the relief operator at texas city. My interview is on 2nd week of March. They are still not done sending emails for interview so I'm sure yours is coming.

Have you heard anything since your interview?

jj25 in Allentown, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

Jnicole29 in Houston, Texas said: For those of you that tested & interviewed for Valero Relief Operators Texas City & Houston:
Have you heard anything since your interview? I interviewed on March 9th in Houston. I think the interview went well & the only thing I've gotten was an email asking me to update/verify my Extended Application & email them back when completed.

If Valero told you to update your application then you are at least being looked at according to what a friend of mine who works for them said. I went through the whole process for the Norco hiring and that was one of the things that they asked me to do.

Jnicole29

29 months ago

jj25 in Allentown, Pennsylvania said: If Valero told you to update your application then you are at least being looked at according to what a friend of mine who works for them said. I went through the whole process for the Norco hiring and that was one of the things that they asked me to do.

Thanks. I was hoping that much since they had already had me complete it before the interview & then afterwards ask me to verify everything was accurate & all time frames had been accounted for. I saw an earlier post state that they normally complete the background check before an offer is made. Do I'm hoping that's what they're doing now since the class starts April 30th

jj25 in Allentown, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

Jnicole29 said: Thanks. I was hoping that much since they had already had me complete it before the interview & then afterwards ask me to verify everything was accurate & all time frames had been accounted for. I saw an earlier post state that they normally complete the background check before an offer is made. Do I'm hoping that's what they're doing now since the class starts April 30th

Well I was told by the lady in HR that they do the criminal background check first since all they have to do is run your SSN then after you get your call and accept the position, then they will run the rest of your background check(work history and reference check) plus physical. Don't worry about the start date. They will give you time to put a two weeks notice in with your current employer. I was given about 3 weeks to put my notice in.

bwilliams81 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

29 months ago

has anyone taken the test for shell. if so can you give me any advice... i'm taking the test tomorrow... thanks

29 months ago

Jnicole29 in Houston, Texas said: Have you heard anything since your interview?

nothing yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

awilson in Houston, Texas

29 months ago

Anyone hear anything about the Relief Operator position for Texas City and Houston? I interviewed for the position 3/7/12 and still haven't heard anything back. Any info would be appreciated.

29 months ago

Anyone hear anything about the Relief Operator position for Texas City and Houston? I interviewed for the position 3/7/12 and still haven't heard anything back. Any info would be appreciated.

29 months ago

jnicole29 in Beaumont, Texas

29 months ago

awilson in Houston, Texas said: Anyone hear anything about the Relief Operator position for Texas City and Houston? I interviewed for the position 3/7/12 and still haven't heard anything back. Any info would be appreciated.

I interviewed in Houston on 3/8 & haven't heard anything yet. From what Ive read on this forum if selected we should hear something soon. I've wanted to email HR but Im going to wait another week before doing so. (too anxious)

cumminse160 in Robinson, Illinois

29 months ago

Has anyone heard anything more back from the Texas City Relief Operator Position.

Rafael Campos in Corpus Christi, Texas

29 months ago

I have a interview with BTB refining, its a asphalt plant if yall know more information about this kind of plant that would help me in the interview to land this job i would appreciate it.

Rafael Campos in Corpus Christi, Texas

29 months ago

What to wear to a interview for a operator, a FR or a regular butten up shirt?

RyanA

29 months ago

I would be groomed and at a minimum tuck In your shirt. Button down or polo is fine. Good luck!

jj25 in Fort Worth, Texas

29 months ago

I went in with a polo, nice pair of jeans and dress shoes and landed an operator job.

Dixon1975 in Nederland, Texas

29 months ago

For the valero port arthur relief op. Position. How does the process work? I applied online on 4/1. What is the next step?? Testing? Interview?

Dixon1975 in Nederland, Texas

29 months ago

Im sorry.. Not relief position.. Its actually operator trainee

cumminse160 in Olney, Illinois

29 months ago

Has anyone had an offer from the Texas City position?

adgreer4 in Nashville, Tennessee

28 months ago

Hey my name is andre and I am selected to go take the valero test on Friday this week in memphis does anyone know what's expexted on the test and is the mechanical part difficult? Do they have fractions on the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dixon in Nederland, Texas

28 months ago

No fractions. Test is pretty easy compared to exxon in my opinion.. One part mechanical, one partreading graphs and a personality test. Most math is simple addition if u r taking the operations trainee test.. Good luck

sewan in Crawfordsville, Indiana

28 months ago

hello i was selected to take my test on Thursday for valero in linden Indiana anything i should be aware of and if i pass about how long does it take to go for the interview? and about how long is the hiring process?

Mmtpbz

27 months ago

Any one hear why jobs in memphis were postponed? Just got en email stating will let u know if job comes back up. Do we have to retest or is it still good for a year?

adgreer4 in New York, New York

27 months ago

No

Mmtpbz said: Any one hear why jobs in memphis were postponed? Just got en email stating will let u know if job comes back up. Do we have to retest or is it still good for a year?

From what I heard we don't have to retest, but we were told to reapply if u hadn't heard anything about failing the test. Why it was postponed? Who knows...

Mmtpbz

27 months ago

adgreer4 in New York, New York said: No

From what I heard we don't have to retest, but we were told to reapply if u hadn't heard anything about failing the test. Why it was postponed? Who knows...

Ok well they should let people know either way if u pass or fail but like i said this email said postponed. I havnt seen that in the past any other memphis testers get that email?

adgreer4 in New York, New York

27 months ago

Yeah I know. Of some others who did get that email

Mmtpbz

27 months ago

adgreer4 in New York, New York said: Yeah I know. Of some others who did get that email

Yeah who knows. Its annoying when companies dont follow up properly

CA in Port Arthur, Texas

27 months ago

Valero-Port Arthur Refinery---has anyone received any feedback after taking the test on May 1/2? Mail, email or an interview ?

Dixon in Nederland, Texas

27 months ago

Just got denial today.. Good luck everyone

Mmtpbz

27 months ago

No one from memphis testing on here?

Mmtpbz

27 months ago

No memphis testers ?

CrOoKeD LeTtaZ

27 months ago

Mmtpbz said: No one from memphis testing on here?

I tested for the Memphis site and I received the same email as you.
Not really sure what to do but wait. I hope i dont have to test again. Do you have any idea why it was postponed?

Mmtpbz

27 months ago

Not sure why they postponed it i hate that we have to reapply. Hope we dont have to retest

frombelair in San Antonio, Texas

27 months ago

anyone heard anything about results of corpus Christi test may 9th ?

superninja007 in Houston, Texas

27 months ago

frombelair in San Antonio, Texas said: anyone heard anything about results of corpus Christi test may 9th ?

no news yet for me.

jnn2735 in Corpus Christi, Texas

27 months ago

I have not heard anything on the valero test on May 9th... has anyone heard anything yet????

27 months ago

frombelair in San Antonio, Texas said: anyone heard anything about results of corpus Christi test may 9th ?

Nothing yet .. have u?

Remotes in Three rivers, Texas

27 months ago

Corpus Christi is starting interviews on monday.

anthony32

27 months ago

I'll be interviewing for the valero cc operations trainee positions this coming week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

frombelair in San Antonio, Texas

27 months ago

did you get an email from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anthony32

27 months ago

A phone call

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Nothing Yet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

Still nothing, no phone call no email nothing at all. my last name starts with C . Took my test on May 09 2012 .. Someone told me that they go by your last name is that true you think...

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.