Valero operator test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 861)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

d_jon in Port Arthur, Texas

18 months ago

can someone tell me what will be on the valero test this week ?? Anybody ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

WALT in Nederland, Texas

17 months ago

HAVE ANYONE RECEIVED ANY RESULTS FROM THE Valaro exams last month on the 24th...?

WALT in Nederland, Texas

17 months ago

have anyone received results from the testing for Valero on the 24th of last month

Nobody in Groves, Texas

17 months ago

Nope, still impatiently waiting!

Brandon

15 months ago

is anyone taking the test at three rivers on the 4th

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

epoh in Portland, Texas

15 months ago

Has anyone heard back anything that took the testing on April 23-25 for corpus Christi plant

shannon halweg in Atascadero, California

15 months ago

who="epoh in Portland, Texas"]Has anyone heard back anything that took the testing on April 23-25 for corpus Christi plant

Havent heard anything. I do not know if I passed or failed. I took the test on the 24th of april

epoh in Portland, Texas

15 months ago

shannon halweg in Atascadero, California said: who="epoh in Portland, Texas"]Has anyone heard back anything that took the testing on April 23-25 for corpus Christi plant

Havent heard anything. I do not know if I passed or failed. I took the test on the 24th of april

I was told today from a friend that they had sent emails out last Friday declining some people.

15 months ago

Have you heard if anyone received an interview date or had it just been rejection emails.

14 months ago

epoh in Portland, Texas said: I was told today from a friend that they had sent emails out last Friday declining some people.

Any word yet....good bad or otherwise on your testing outcome?

epoh in Portland, Texas

14 months ago

No, nothing yet. How about you?

14 months ago

epoh in Portland, Texas said: No, nothing yet. How about you?

Nothing. I'm hoping that's a good sign. Maybe no news is good news.

14 months ago

Have you heard if anybody received an interview date?

John. P in Corpus Christi, Texas

14 months ago

Im curious how does one get into the refineries in south Texas such as Valero. Im 24 and I have been seeking a way to get into the refinery for some time. I have worked oilfield for last 2 years. Presently do coil tubing. I often wonder if its really required now to go to college for a year (certificate) or two years (associates) in process technology to even get in the refinery anymore, or knowing someone, I hear. I also never see any operator positions in three rivers-Valero / or corpus Christi area for flint hills open very much, am I looking in the wrong places? Anyways I guess ill just keep following the oilfield until I one day get a call into the refineries. Refinery is just a much more stable career I believe then working the oilfield hours of 16+ a day and not knowing if tomorrow the oilfield shuts down. Any actual advice would be appreciated, don't really care for all the negativity if there is any to be put out there.

Thanks, John.

14 months ago

John. P in Corpus Christi, Texas said: Im curious how does one get into the refineries in south Texas such as Valero. Im 24 and I have been seeking a way to get into the refinery for some time. I have worked oilfield for last 2 years. Presently do coil tubing. I often wonder if its really required now to go to college for a year (certificate) or two years (associates) in process technology to even get in the refinery anymore, or knowing someone, I hear. I also never see any operator positions in three rivers-Valero / or corpus Christi area for flint hills open very much, am I looking in the wrong places? Anyways I guess ill just keep following the oilfield until I one day get a call into the refineries. Refinery is just a much more stable career I believe then working the oilfield hours of 16+ a day and not knowing if tomorrow the oilfield shuts down. Any actual advice would be appreciated, don't really care for all the negativity if there is any to be put out there.

Thanks, John.

Keep applying for any and all jobs online. Go to chevron...Conoco Phillips....valero...shell etc. And apply for all of their entry level operations jobs. Its a long process but well worth it. Generally after applying you will receive a pre employment test date. Take the test and hopefully you will be lucky enough to interview. Bottom line is to know that it takes a long time to get a job but you have to stick with it. Keep positive and good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Any word yet?

Epoh in Portland, Texas

14 months ago

shannon halweg in Atascadero, California said: Any word yet?

No nothing...how about you?

shannon halweg in San Ramon, California

14 months ago

Epoh in Portland, Texas said: No nothing...how about you?

Still nothing. Have you heard if anyone received an interview date

epoh in Portland, Texas

14 months ago

I still haven't heard of anyone that has received an interview. Maybe tomorrow.

14 months ago

epoh in Portland, Texas said: I still haven't heard of e that has received an interview. Maybe tomorrow.

Do you know if all the rejection emails were sent out by now?

epoh in Portland, Texas

14 months ago

They called me today for an interview for next week.

shannon halweg in Pittsburg, California

14 months ago

epoh in Portland, Texas said: They called me today for an interview for next week.

Nice I still haven't heard anything

Brandon in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

did anyone take the test in Texas City

isaac in West Covina, California

14 months ago

I just recently got an email saying I was selected to take the assessment test in carson , ca. I was wondering if anyone else here has also and what do I have to expect while taking the test. and do veterans get a 5 or 10 points or if they get any at all? Thanks for any help.

Paul in Mesa, Arizona

14 months ago

I also received an email to take the assessment test in Wilmington, CA on June 8th. Is this Valero's protocol towards getting an interview for the Refinery Position, and what other steps are taken after the assessment test is taken. What is the expected timeline from beginning to end?

Paul in Mesa, Arizona

14 months ago

If anybody has any information to provide, please share. All information will be helpful. Got a question? I've been an Operations Manager at an Oil Company here in Southern Arizona for over two years now. Providing I do well in the assessment testing, will the hands on experience enhance my chances in getting an interview and potentially maybe even the position. Anybody?

14 months ago

June 8th is when I have my test. Good luck man

Paul in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

isaac in West Covina, California said: June 8th is when I have my test. Good luck man

You too Isaac. Any information I receive regarding the assessment test and or the position from now until then, I will pass along.

14 months ago

Same to you Paul, anything I hear I sure will pass it along.

SATXhome in Corpus Christi, Texas

14 months ago

I took the Valero test in Corpus April 23 and still have not heard anything. Do they normally send rejection emails/letters?

Nobody in Port Neches, Texas

14 months ago

SATXhome in Corpus Christi, Texas said: I took the Valero test in Corpus April 23 and still have not heard anything. Do they normally send rejection emails/letters?

It took three months to get a rejection letter for me with Valero.

SATXhome in Corpus Christi, Texas

14 months ago

Someone above mentioned they were interviewing this week so I am guessing I am out? Keep trying...

ianavina in Signal Hill, California

14 months ago

i have testing june 8th in wilmington, ca for the valero operator c trainee position. i know the odds suck but hopefully being a veteran, done work in 10 refineries as a sub contractor and currently work work in the oil field will help!!!

14 months ago

me and 3 of my co workers also got the email for that day, one of them tested for bp carson a few years ago and made it all the way to the end but failed the background check , he said the test are mainly common sense if you are somewhat mechanically inclined

14 months ago

Paul in Mesa, Arizona said: I also received an email to take the assessment test in Wilmington, CA on June 8th. Is this Valero's protocol towards getting an interview for the Refinery Position, and what other steps are taken after the assessment test is taken. What is the expected timeline from beginning to end?

me and 3 of my co workers also got the email for that day, one of them tested for bp carson a few years ago and made it all the way to the end but failed the background check , he said the test are mainly common sense if you are somewhat mechanically inclined

14 months ago

How much does having a reference from inside of valero help? Do my chances go up or is it still the same as everyone else.

14 months ago

isaac in West Covina, California said: How much does having a reference from inside of valero help? Do my chances go up or is it still the same as everyone else.

I Think it really doesnt make any difference unless your the son of an employee or something like that and even then i dont know that it matters. the benefit of knowing someone on the inside is they can let u know when positions open up so u can apply but that about it

Brandon in Spring, Texas

14 months ago

isaac in West Covina, California said: How much does having a reference from inside of valero help? Do my chances go up or is it still the same as everyone else.

It all depends on how much influence that person has. I've known many ppl who have been hired because they knew someone who had great influence on the inside

14 months ago

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. What about VET's do we get 10 extra points or 5 or is it the same as any other person.

Jay in Laguna Beach, California

14 months ago

Anyone know what the test consists of? Is it the POSS? I tested with Conoco and Tesoro and both tests were not hard, but not easy either, but I heard that Valero has other assessment criteria. I would like to be prepared.

Thanks and good luck to all.

Paul in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

No luck on a job with Conoco/Phillips or Tesoro?

BlackTipAttack in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

I took the test in Texas City on May 7ish. I hear it takes about 3 weeks for the callback, so Ive got another week to wait. I hear there is a background check, but I'm not sure what they're standards are. Ive got an obstruction of a public roadway misdemeanor.... hope it doesn't comeback to haunt me!

I hear they're looking for candidates that are young but not too young. Education is a big plus, especially 4 year degrees. They like fresh candidates with no refinery experience. No refinery experience means you haven't developed any bad habits or loyalties. I'm sure the selection process has changed tremendously in the past decade. I'm getting most of this from the few people I know that were fortunate enough to get hired in the last year. Surprisingly the guys I know have a lot in common as if they were cut from the same herd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Vidor, Texas

14 months ago

I am currently in Basic Operator training at Valero. No they don't give 5 or 10 point preference...but they do really like to hire vets. The biggest like variable of all the new hires in my class is that almost half of us are vets. Age range of the class is 27-47. Knowing someone may help, but only if you pass the test, and someone on the interview panel knows and likes who you know. Refinery and oil experience may help, but it is best to be well rounded and have a great resume. Most of the class has zero refinery experience. I wouldn't stress too much about a misdemeanor, unless it was pretty recent, but a felony is probably a deal breaker. And they hair test so if you do drugs you won't get hired so don't waste your time applying. Hope this helps and good luck to you all.

14 months ago

Mike in Vidor, Texas said: I am currently in Basic Operator training at Valero. No they don't give 5 or 10 point preference...but they do really like to hire vets. The biggest like variable of all the new hires in my class is that almost half of us are vets. Age range of the class is 27-47. Knowing someone may help, but only if you pass the test, and someone on the interview panel knows and likes who you know. Refinery and oil experience may help, but it is best to be well rounded and have a great resume. Most of the class has zero refinery experience. I wouldn't stress too much about a misdemeanor, unless it was pretty recent, but a felony is probably a deal breaker. And they hair test so if you do drugs you won't get hired so don't waste your time applying. Hope this helps and good luck to you all.

That helps a lot, what kind of material is on the assessment test?

Tommy in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

Mike in Vidor, Texas said: I am currently in Basic Operator training at Valero. No they don't give 5 or 10 point preference...but they do really like to hire vets. The biggest like variable of all the new hires in my class is that almost half of us are vets. Age range of the class is 27-47. Knowing someone may help, but only if you pass the test, and someone on the interview panel knows and likes who you know. Refinery and oil experience may help, but it is best to be well rounded and have a great resume. Most of the class has zero refinery experience. I wouldn't stress too much about a misdemeanor, unless it was pretty recent, but a felony is probably a deal breaker. And they hair test so if you do drugs you won't get hired so don't waste your time applying. Hope this helps and good luck to you all.

HEY, THANKS FOR THE INFO YOU PROVIDED.
I HAVE ZERO EXPIRIENCE, BUT THEY STILL INVITED ME TO THE ASSESMENT STAGE.
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE ASSESMENTS ARE GOING TO BE ABOUT.
THAT WOULD REALLY HELP.

Tommy in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

BTW I APPLIED FOR (OPERATOR TRAINEE)

14 months ago

Thanks Mike, I'm less worried about that background check now. You pretty much confirmed they're not after people with operations experience. I remember taking the test with several hundred people in Texas City and many of whom were currently working in refineries. If Valero preferred candidates with operations experience they'd have no problem getting it.

Tommy.... everyone gets invited to the assessment! You'll be testing with over 1000 people depending on location. The tests are simple. Which means if it's easy for you it's easy for everyone else, so strive for a 100%. Honestly the test you should be worried about is the personality exam. I would study up online on how to score highly on these exams. Valero uses the Hogan's exam.

Brandon in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

BlackTipAttack in Houston, Texas said: Thanks Mike, I'm less worried about that background check now. You pretty much confirmed they're not after people with operations experience. I remember taking the test with several hundred people in Texas City and many of whom were currently working in refineries. If Valero preferred candidates with operations experience they'd have no problem getting it.

Tommy.... everyone gets invited to the assessment! You'll be testing with over 1000 people depending on location. The tests are simple. Which means if it's easy for you it's easy for everyone else, so strive for a 100%. Honestly the test you should be worried about is the personality exam. I would study up online on how to score highly on these exams. Valero uses the Hogan's exam.

I took the test in TX city also, didn't expect that many ppl to take the test. Have you heard anything yet

Paul in Chandler, Arizona

14 months ago

Curious to know how long the process is from the assessment test to the time you are notified if you've made it to the interview process. Also what does an operator trainee start out at as far as pay, are you on salary or hourly? Is Valero offering plenty of hours during the week?, I like to work on an average of 60 to 70 hours a week. Are those kind of hours available and if hourly are you paid time and a half over 40 hours or maybe even time and a half over 8 hours per working day, like unions. Please respond with some helpful information

14 months ago

Paul... The hourly rate is different from location to location. The starting rate can be as low as 19/hr or as high as 25/hr. Valero uses the DuPont schedule and everything after 8 is time and half. There is usually plenty of overtime if you are eligible.

After you take the assessment it may take 3 to 4 weeks to hear back about the interview. After the interview you may hear back the next day or several weeks later. On average the actually start date of the job is 3 months from the testing.

Brandon... Have not heard anything yet. I think the calls will go out in a week or two.

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.