Valero operator test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 858)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

Jprinz in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

I got offered an assent chance with valero in Iowa for one of there ethanol plants. Does anyone know if they offer descent pay up there in those ethanol plants. The date already passed and I Emailed them saying I couldn't make it. One because they have me a 10 day notice and second of all I couldn't find a flight, as well as in in the middle of my Hitch out here in the oilfield. So will they likely bot five me another chance ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jprinz in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

I got offered an assessment chance with valero in Iowa for one of there ethanol plants. Does anyone know if they offer descent pay up there in those ethanol plants? The date already passed and I Emailed them saying I couldn't make it. One because they gave me a 10 day notice and second of all I couldn't find a flight, as well as in in the middle of my Hitch out here in the oilfield. So will they likely not give me another chance ?

Fixed lol

Paul in Mesa, Arizona

14 months ago

BlackTipAttack in Houston, Texas said: Paul... The hourly rate is different from location to location. The starting rate can be as low as 19/hr or as high as 25/hr. Valero uses the DuPont schedule and everything after 8 is time and half. There is usually plenty of overtime if you are eligible.

After you take the assessment it may take 3 to 4 weeks to hear back about the interview. After the interview you may hear back the next day or several weeks later. On average the actually start date of the job is 3 months from the testing.

Brandon... Have not heard anything yet. I think the calls will go out in a week or two.

BlackTipAttack, thank you for the interesting and helpful information. I have been offered an invitation to take the assessment test on June 8th in Wilmington, CA which I plan on making the trip out there too attend. I just recently had a phone interview that went very well with Kinder Morgan. Currently I am an Operations Manager of an oil company out here in AZ and am hoping my years of skills and qualifications can progress to that next level with a major oil company. The pay sounds very acceptable along with your information about plenty of overtime which you
explained in your response.

Tommy in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

BlackTipAttack in Houston, Texas said: Thanks Mike, I'm less worried about that background check now. You pretty much confirmed they're not after people with operations experience. I remember taking the test with several hundred people in Texas City and many of whom were currently working in refineries. If Valero preferred candidates with operations experience they'd have no problem getting it.

Tommy.... everyone gets invited to the assessment! You'll be testing with over 1000 people depending on location. The tests are simple. Which means if it's easy for you it's easy for everyone else, so strive for a 100%. Honestly the test you should be worried about is the personality exam. I would study up online on how to score highly on these exams. Valero uses the Hogan's exam.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and answer my question.
It was help thanks.
I'm worried if the assesment would have to do with alot of mathematics (hard mathematics).
I'm simply not good with math.

Paul in Mesa, Arizona

14 months ago

Tommy in Los Angeles, California said: Thank you for taking the time to reply and answer my question.
It was help thanks.
I'm worried if the assesment would have to do with alot of mathematics (hard mathematics).
I'm simply not good with math.

I read that a lot of the mathematic questions are basic and no harder than Algebra, mostly being able to read and comprehend graphs and bar graphs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nobody in Port Neches, Texas

14 months ago

Good luck with the test guys. I have taken several. Still no career yet.

Keep in mind,

On the personality tests they are trying to weed out the risk takers and ones that don't get along with others. Stay in the middle of the Road and be consistent.

No you don't read 100 books a year.

Yes you would rather eat dinner with friends than stay at home and read a book. That shows you can communicate with people.

No you don't want to sky dive. That's taking a risk. They don't want you taking a risk at their facility.

Be consistent.

Know how to convert fractions to decimals and manually divide. Study mechanical apptitude tests.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cleanguy in Whittier, California

14 months ago

Hey all, I got invited to take the test for the operator trainee in Wilmington on the 8th of June.

I got most my answers from reading this forum and I thank you all for the info.

I do have a few questions though:

Are they flexible with other parts of the hiring process when it comes to scheduling?
What's the salary like? I know we're not supposed to ask but a range would be nice.
Also, does anyone know how many trainees their hiring?

Thanks

Paul in Mesa, Arizona

14 months ago

Hey cleanguy, congrats on the assessment invitation. BlackTipAttack said the starting hourly pay ranges from $19.00 to $25.00 an hour depending on location. Somebody mentioned it's usually over a 1000 people attending the assessment testing. Not sure how many positions are open for employment

isaac in West Covina, California

14 months ago

I applied on the Valero website and it say the is 15 positions open under the description. I don't know if it's more or less

14 months ago

Has anyone heard anything different

Paul in Mesa, Arizona

14 months ago

15 positions open for Refinery Operator?

14 months ago

Thats what it says on the Valero Website under the position description.

Paul in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

Oh good, I didn't know or see that. That's good to know, at least it's not a 1000 people trying to get just one position.

teedavis20 in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

Has anyone heard anything from Valero Texas City/Houston tests on May 7th? Any emails been sent out?

Brandon in Spring, Texas

14 months ago

teedavis20 in Houston, Texas said: Has anyone heard anything from Valero Texas City/Houston tests on May 7th? Any emails been sent out?

no, still haven't heard anything, no news is good news i guess

14 months ago

Brandon in Spring, Texas said: no, still haven't heard anything, no news is good news i guess

I wonder how long it takes?!

brettr4 in humble, Texas

14 months ago

My friend that's an operator out there said he heard that they've started sending out rejection letters but as far as he knows they haven't started contacting for interviews. The guy I spoke with at the test said they were interviewing June
18-20th and if we made the cut for the interview that we'd hear something about 2 or 3 weeks before that.

14 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: My friend that's an operator out there said he heard that they've started sending out rejection letters but as far as he knows they haven't started contacting for interviews. The guy I spoke with at the test said they were interviewing June
18-20th and if we made the cut for the interview that we'd hear something about 2 or 3 weeks before that.

Thanks brettr4..that info was very helpful. Which plant did you end up applying to?

brettr4 in humble, Texas

14 months ago

teedavis20 in Houston, Texas said: Thanks brettr4..that info was very helpful. Which plant did you end up applying to?

I applied at valero houston and texas city. Would much rather houston because it's close to where i live but i'd take either. If i hear anything i'll post what i hear. Good luck to yall

teedavis20 in Texas

13 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: I applied at valero houston and texas city. Would much rather houston because it's close to where i live but i'd take either. If i hear anything i'll post what i hear. Good luck to yall

Good luck man

SATXhome in Corpus Christi, Texas

13 months ago

I still haven't heard anything from when I took the Valero test in Corpus Christi April 23. Is this normal? I haven't gotten a rejection letter/email either.

cobra in San Antonio, Texas

13 months ago

SATXhome in Corpus Christi, Texas said: I still haven't heard anything from when I took the Valero test in Corpus Christi April 23. Is this normal? I haven't gotten a rejection letter/email either.

They already finished interviews in CC FOR APRIL. Were waiting for the final selection sometime this week. Anyone else heard anything else? Are they doing background checks

13 months ago

cobra in San Antonio, Texas said: They already finished interviews in CC FOR APRIL. Were waiting for the final selection sometime this week. Anyone else heard anything else? Are they doing background checks

I figured I didn't get an interview but don't they usually send rejections?

13 months ago

SATXhome in Corpus Christi, Texas said: I figured I didn't get an interview but don't they usually send rejections?

They did send them out. Two weeks before they called for interviews. Maybe they made a mistake not sending you on

13 months ago

cobra in San Antonio, Texas said: They did send them out. Two weeks before they called for interviews. Maybe they made a mistake not sending you on

By email or snail mail? I guess it was just a mistake.

13 months ago

SATXhome in Corpus Christi, Texas said: By email or snail mail? I guess it was just a mistake.

Email

13 months ago

epoh in Portland, Texas said: Has anyone heard back anything that took the testing on April 23-25 for corpus Christi plant

Did you interview? If so,Any call back? Or info?

13 months ago

epoh in Portland, Texas said: They called me today for an interview for next week.

How did your interview go?, I think I did pretty good. Any word when the final people will be chosen?

13 months ago

I'll be taking the assessment test soon in Wilmington, CA, for those of you that have taken the test is there anything specific you study that might help those of us that will be testing soon. I've been studying the ASVAB. I thought that would be a good place to start. If there is anything better please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Garcia

13 months ago

I got selected as an alternate for the valero operation job in cc, does anyone know why one would not be selected for the position other then a drug test..

Cleanguy15

13 months ago

See you there issac, good luck.
Garcia, that's such a tease.
Maybe your just an incase someone messes up or has a bad background,

cobra

13 months ago

Garcia said: I got selected as an alternate for the valero operation job in cc, does anyone know why one would not be selected for the position other then a drug test..

Hey what's an alternate? Does that mean corpus has chosen their 20? Good luck!! That's exciting

Garcia in Corpus Christi, Texas

13 months ago

Ya, they selected 25 and 6 alternates

Garcia in Corpus Christi, Texas

13 months ago

From my understanding an alternate is considered for hire if one the 25 fail a drug screening or background

Davion_91 in Los Angeles, California

13 months ago

Test date for the Wilmington site is slowly approaching nervous and anxious at the same time. Hopefully I perform well enough to at least step my foot in the interview.

DP in Cypress, Texas

13 months ago

Any word on Valero Texacs City/Houston?

13 months ago

See you there Cleanguy, and good luck.

Brandon in Batson, Texas

13 months ago

DP in Cypress, Texas said: Any word on Valero Texacs City/Houston?

nope, not even an email

brettr4 in humble, Texas

13 months ago

I talked to my buddy out at Valero Houston and said he talked to several people that got rejection letters, so if you haven't heard anything yet that's a good sign. If the guy I spoke with at the test was correct we should hear something anytime now. He said 2-3 weeks before the interviews we should hear something if we made the cut. The interviews start in 15 days so we should be hearing something soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

awilson in Galveston, Texas

13 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: I talked to my buddy out at Valero Houston and said he talked to several people that got rejection letters, so if you haven't heard anything yet that's a good sign. If the guy I spoke with at the test was correct we should hear something anytime now. He said 2-3 weeks before the interviews we should hear something if we made the cut. The interviews start in 15 days so we should be hearing something soon.

I have 3 family members that work at the Texas City plant and they all told me that rejection letters were going out last week and emails for interviews should be going out some time this week. If anyone has any tips for the interview I would appreciate it. I interviewed last time they were hiring for relief operators but did not get the job. So any tips would be greatly appreciated so I can be ready for this time around if I get a interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

brettr4 in humble, Texas

13 months ago

awilson in Galveston, Texas said: I have 3 family members that work at the Texas City plant and they all told me that rejection letters were going out last week and emails for interviews should be going out some time this week. If anyone has any tips for the interview I would appreciate it. I interviewed last time they were hiring for relief operators but did not get the job. So any tips would be greatly appreciated so I can be ready for this time around if I get a interview.

I appreciate the info awilson. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

13 months ago

I was wondering if anybody knows what the Referrals List is? On my profile on the Valero careers website it has it there. Any help will help. Thanks and Good Luck to anybody who will be there this Saturday for the Assessment Test in Wilmington.

Ernie Long Beach

13 months ago

Hello,
I will be taking the aptitude test in Wilmington for the Refinery Operator position, June 8.
Good Luck to all that will be participating!

brettr4 in humble, Texas

13 months ago

I got a call from HR at valero houston and will be interviewing the 19th. I hope you guys got the call also.

Brandon in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: I got a call from HR at valero houston and will be interviewing the 19th. I hope you guys got the call also.

what time did they call u

brettr4 in humble, Texas

13 months ago

About 3:30 this afternoon. Got a call from hr and a follow up email

Mcdada in Pasadena, Texas

13 months ago

I got a call this afternoon as well but am working nights so wasnt up yet , called back and left voicemail they should call back in the morning right? It was Linda cordova at Valero Houston

teedavis20 in Richmond, Texas

13 months ago

Brettr4, congrats man! I'm excited like its me! Lol so what all did she say to you. Did she happen to mention how long they will be calling for interviews? Now I'm anxious..ughhhh

brettr4 in humble, Texas

13 months ago

She didn't say a lot other than the date and time of the interview and what to wear. Real short conversation. Hopefully you'll get the call. Good luck man.

teedavis20 in Richmond, Texas

13 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: She didn't say a lot other than the date and time of the interview and what to wear. Real short conversation. Hopefully you'll get the call. Good luck man.

Thanks man

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.