Valero operator test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 981)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

isaac in West Covina, California

14 months ago

How long did it take to get a call back after you took the test Brettr4. I just want to get a feel for things after I take the test this Saturday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

brettr4 in humble, Texas

14 months ago

I tested may 8th and got the call yesterday so just under a month between the test and call and two weeks before the interview

zld in kansas city, Missouri

14 months ago

Has anyone not recieved email or call?

14 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: I tested may 8th and got the call yesterday so just under a month between the test and call and two weeks before the interview

Do you have experience? Do they always contact you to tell you if you got an interview or not?

teedavis20 in Richmond, Texas

14 months ago

zld in kansas city, Missouri said: Has anyone not recieved email or call?

I haven't received anything yet..

Jose Vallejo in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

I got an offer at the Valero - CC and was wondering if any one else who got an offer has received a call yet? I sent the signed offer letter to hr on Monday. Also what does the physical consist of? Any info will help.

Good luck to everybody!!!

14 months ago

Im nervous as hell lol

14 months ago

zld in kansas city, Missouri said: Im nervous as hell lol

I know man..but I'm just going to put it to the back of my mind and hope for the best..how do you know if you passed the test or not?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brettr4 in humble, Texas

14 months ago

zld in kansas city, Missouri said: Do you have experience? Do they always contact you to tell you if you got an interview or not?

I've worked at a plant about 2 years as a plant tech and i do alot of what operations does but i wasn't an operator. I tested with valero last year but didn't make the cut for the interview. They notified me but i can't remember if i got a letter or email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

brettr4 in humble, Texas

14 months ago

Jose Vallejo in Houston, Texas said: I got an offer at the Valero - CC and was wondering if any one else who got an offer has received a call yet? I sent the signed offer letter to hr on Monday. Also what does the physical consist of? Any info will help.

Jose congratulations man. How did the process go after the interview? I assume they do your background check and verify employment after the interview. How long after the interview until they offered you the job?

14 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: I've worked at a plant about 2 years as a plant tech and i do alot of what operations does but i wasn't an operator. I tested with valero last year but didn't make the cut for the interview. They notified me but i can't remember if i got a letter or email.

I appreciate yours and everyone elses responses on here and its great that at least a few have made it. If you can find out which one is union and how the payscale is operated. Im not going to stop applying if i didnt make it this time.

14 months ago

brettr4 in humble, Texas said: Jose congratulations man. How did the process go after the interview? I assume they do your background check and verify employment after the interview. How long after the interview until they offered you the job?

Thanks man, I'm very excited.

I'm sure they did do my background check after the interview because I submitted my background information before I went to the interview. It took about 2 weeks after the interview for them to call me and now I'm just waiting for them to schedule my drug test and physical. I don't know how that process works yet so I'm just playing the waiting game until then.

awilson87 in Galveston, Texas

14 months ago

Just got my call to interview in Texas City on the 19th. Hope everyone else whos still waiting gets there call.

cobra

14 months ago

Jose Vallejo in Houston, Texas said: I got an offer at the Valero - CC and was wondering if any one else who got an offer has received a call yet? I sent the signed offer letter to hr on Monday. Also what does the physical consist of? Any info will help.

I emailed mine back on tuesday and still nothing, I fugure we will here something by monday. Goodluck bro.I was selected too.

14 months ago

cobra said: I emailed mine back on tuesday and still nothing, I fugure we will here something by monday. Goodluck bro.I was selected too.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess I'm just anxious to here something. Well appreciate it man, good luck and hopefully see you in training.

Mcdada in Pasadena, Texas

14 months ago

So got my call this morning!!! Interview on 18th for Valero Houston!! First time testing!!! on CLoud 9 now all I have to do is hammer it home, anybody know how many are getting interviewed?

14 months ago

I'm really excited for you guys, I hope some day soon I can be posting the same things as you guys. Good Luck

Melvinb41 in Seabrook, Texas

14 months ago

Mcdada in Pasadena, Texas said: So got my call this morning!!! Interview on 18th for Valero Houston!! First time testing!!! on CLoud 9 now all I have to do is hammer it home, anybody know how many are getting interviewed?

Great on getting interviews guys, i talked to hr lady she said its about 60 people interviewing.

14 months ago

Jose Vallejo in Houston, Texas said: I was thinking the same thing. I guess I'm just anxious to here something. Well appreciate it man, good luck and hopefully see you in training.

Congrats Jose, if you dont mind answering how long was the interview and was the question situation type questions.

14 months ago

Melvinb41 in Seabrook, Texas said: Great on getting interviews guys, i talked to hr lady she said its about 60 people interviewing.

Wow we went from like 2000 that took the test down to 60 makes u feel a little bit awesome lol

14 months ago

Were any of you selected that had no experience?

14 months ago

zld in kansas city, Missouri said: Were any of you selected that had no experience?

I dont have operator experience or a degree I have worked as an oil inspector for about 3 years and made supervisor in a year and a half as well as military experience as a Loadmaster. I also dont have family or know anyone that works for Valero

14 months ago

Mcdada in Pasadena, Texas said: I dont have operator experience or a degree I have worked as an oil inspector for about 3 years and made supervisor in a year and a half as well as military experience as a Loadmaster. I also dont have family or know anyone that works for Valero

I was a X-men loadmaster

14 months ago

C-5 loadmaster stupid auto correct

14 months ago

zld in kansas city, Missouri said: C-5 loadmaster stupid auto correct

Awesome I was on 130's stationed out of Pope AFB before it became Bragg Army Airlfield

14 months ago

Do you guys know if you got 5 or 10 points for being in the Military when you took the test.

14 months ago

Im an operator at another plant and have degree, but valero doesnt care if you have exp or not, if you can prove that youre a safe trainable person theyll hire you

14 months ago

isaac in West Covina, California said: Do you guys know if you got 5 or 10 points for being in the Military when you took the test.

Im not sure but i know theyre known for hiring vets alot

14 months ago

Melvinb41 in Seabrook, Texas said: Im not sure but i know theyre known for hiring vets alot

Thanks for the help.

Brandon in Beaumont, Texas

14 months ago

has anybody recieved a rejection email from TX city test

14 months ago

Brandon in Beaumont, Texas said: has anybody recieved a rejection email from TX city test

I haven't received anything either. Think they forgot.

14 months ago

Melvinb41 in Seabrook, Texas said: Congrats Jose, if you dont mind answering how long was the interview and was the question situation type questions.

Thank you bro.

The interview wasn't that long, 30 minutes at the most. They asked a couple situation type questions like "Tell me a time when I had to make a quick decision to fix a problem?" and "Have I ever been in an emergency situation and how did I handle it?" The rest of the interview questions were pretty basic. I had an interview for Valero - PA and those question were more detailed than the questions for Corpus, it also was about an hour long. I say be prepared for anything and just relax and go in ther confident. Also, at the end of the interview ask them for the job. Tell them what you can bring to the table and that they won't regret hiring you. Make yourself stand out from the rest of the candidates.

I hope this helps, Good luck!

melvinb41 in Seabrook, Texas

14 months ago

Jose Vallejo in Houston, Texas said: Thank you bro.

The interview wasn't that long, 30 minutes at the most. They asked a couple situation type questions like "Tell me a time when I had to make a quick decision to fix a problem?" and "Have I ever been in an emergency situation and how did I handle it?" The rest of the interview questions were pretty basic. I had an interview for Valero - PA and those question were more detailed than the questions for Corpus, it also was about an hour long. I say be prepared for anything and just relax and go in ther confident. Also, at the end of the interview ask them for the job. Tell them what you can bring to the table and that they won't regret hiring you. Make yourself stand out from the rest of the candidates.

I hope this helps, Good luck!

Ok thanks man. I figured it would have those type of questions but only 30 min lol not a lot of time. Hopefully we'll be in the same company by end of summer. Good luck and stay safe out there god bless.

Paul in Phoenix, Arizona

14 months ago

Getting ready to head out of AZ for Carson, CA to take the assessment test tomorrow morning for the Valero-Wilmington refinery operator position. Been reading all your guys chats this last week. All the info has been helpful for me, thanx!!

Justin Slankard in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

zld in kansas city, Missouri said: I haven't received anything either. Think they forgot.

Have you recieved anything yet? I still haven't recieved a rejection or anything!

14 months ago

Justin Slankard in Houston, Texas said: Have you recieved anything yet? I still haven't recieved a rejection or anything!

No, I haven't heard or seen a thing. Wish I knew now good or bad. Honestly if I could I would call to at least see if I should apply elsewhere.

Justin Slankard in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

zld in kansas city, Missouri said: No, I haven't heard or seen a thing. Wish I knew now good or bad. Honestly if I could I would call to at least see if I should apply elsewhere.

I know the feeling man, its driving me crazy!

Ernie Long Beach

14 months ago

Paul in Phoenix, Arizona said: Getting ready to head out of AZ for Carson, CA to take the assessment test tomorrow morning for the Valero-Wilmington refinery operator position. Been reading all your guys chats this last week. All the info has been helpful for me, thanx!!

Have a safe drive we'll see ya Sat. Good Luck!

Ernie Long Beach

14 months ago

What's the dress code for the testing facility???

cobra

14 months ago

Jose Vallejo in Houston, Texas said: I was thinking the same thing. I guess I'm just anxious to here something. Well appreciate it man, good luck and hopefully see you in training.

Hey I got a call from HR VALERO in San Antonio, they are running my background they said it could take 7-10 days. So I guess they haven't done them yet. And they said we should be expecting a call soon for our phisical and drug test

14 months ago

Hey everyone that has gotten a call for an interview, does anyone know how long their gonna be making calls..I'm on pins and needles just waiting I still haven't heard anything. Or even how long does it take to get the rejection email worst case scenario.

14 months ago

So nervous for tomorrow, and Good Luck to every one that is taking the test tomorrow in Carson for the Wilmington Refinery.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandon in Baker, Louisiana

14 months ago

teedavis20 in Richmond, Texas said: Hey everyone that has gotten a call for an interview, does anyone know how long their gonna be making calls..I'm on pins and needles just waiting I still haven't heard anything. Or even how long does it take to get the rejection email worst case scenario.

i think i am going to call them Monday, do you know if HR work today, ill call today if they are

14 months ago

Brandon in Baker, Louisiana said: i think i am going to call them Monday, do you know if HR work today, ill call today if they are

No I'm not sure..if you do find out something let us know! Thanks man!

Ianavina in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

Just finished the Wilmington test. Pretty easy stuff

14 months ago

Ianavina in Los Angeles, California said: Just finished the Wilmington test. Pretty easy stuff

I just finished up the Test also, It was a lot more simple then I thought. I hope I get selected for an interview. Good Luck to you Ianavina.

Jeremy in Christiansted, Virgin Islands, U.S.

14 months ago

So does that means if you don't get a call by this week, you did not get selected, by the way I also took the exam in Texas City May 8th

Cleanguy in Whittier, California

14 months ago

Test was so easy but I kinda got discouraged when I saw another 600 people outside waiting to take the test and found out after that there was a third group after them to take the test? Haha, 1600 people! Lol, staying positive. Keep this forum updated people!

Brandon in Beaumont, Texas

14 months ago

Jeremy in Christiansted, Virgin Islands, U.S. said: So does that means if you don't get a call by this week, you did not get selected, by the way I also took the exam in Texas City May 8th

we don't know yet but i will call HR monday and i will post what they tell me

Michael in Garden Grove, California

14 months ago

Took the test today on June 8 and class date is set for September. Passing score is 80%; people around me felt confident they passed with flying colors. So my hope for a interview sunk. Good luck everyone getting an interview and going through the HR women(she seem so confident and she looks so elegant).

Only God could help me now. Later

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.