Women Process Operators

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

jo in Port Arthur, Texas

42 months ago

I have worked in lake charles and beaumont.....for the last 6yrs...I started when i was 20. I felt that Citgo was better than exxonmobil....but hey ur always gonna be surrounded by men - and they are jus like women.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tee in Prairieville, Louisiana

35 months ago

I have a degree in process technology and can not find a job...been looking for over a year, I am a 35 y/o women...every man in my graduating class has a job...just me and another women have not yet been able to find a job... this sucks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

texflip in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

I am not a woman but am an operator. However, both my wife and mother are operators. My wife has worked for ExxonMobil for 4 years and loves it. She started at about $24/hr and now makes $31/hr. If you have ANY 4 year degree, the PTEC degree is not necessary at most places. Neither my wife nor I have the PTEC degree and we didn't have any experiece when we started. She got the job with Exxon on her first try, we both tested but I didn't get an interview and she got the job. We both work 4 on 4 off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SippiTx in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

I took the test yesterday in Beaumont. I was on the waitlist, but I got in. There were quite a few women there of all ages and races....I was pleasantly surprised. I am currently a teacher and Ihave met a few teachers who are working at Exxon and they love it. I pray I pass my test, so I can be another female on the grind!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LivingLyfe75 in Houston, Texas

13 months ago

Texflip, could you please give me alittle bit more info. I have a BS, however it is in Psychology. I would like to become a Process Operator and would love to not go back to school for additional time to get a AAS in Process Tech. Could you tell me where it is not necessary to have a PTEC degree I have been looking and looking online! Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tyna in Grand Prairie, Texas

10 months ago

Any women out there working as operators?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

brown in Roselle, Illinois

10 months ago

I live in Illinois where I attended a 6 month ptec program. Applied to about 10 places and didn't hear much back. Tested at Mobil refinery in July, interviewed in october , and offered the job 2 weeks later. I start in Feb at 28$. I hope I like it since I'm leaving a job that I love(boss is retiring soon) and I'm really worried about being forced to work a bunch of overtime since so many are retiring and I have a family

nate in Billings, Montana

9 months ago

a 6 month program???? was it like a certificate?

refinerychick23 in Gonzales, Louisiana

6 months ago

Hi i currently live in louisiana gonzales to be exact and i got my process tech degree done by the age of 20. while in school i tested for exxonmobil in march 2010 they did interviews immediately and i didnt get a call back for 2 whole years!!! but did end up getting the job. that was in montana. now i live in Louisiana where there are much more plants and i moved down here and it took me about 4 months to get a job at a plant. Plants/Refineries do move very slow in all their processes interviews, tests, etc. but dont lose hope im 22 now and have been at my job for a year and a half and make 28 an hour! just keep applying!!! it will happen Good Luck!!!

refinerychick23 in Gonzales, Louisiana

6 months ago

Phillips 66. I recently interviewed in MT how long is the average wait time to hear back if you got the job?
Also if you did not get the job do they send you an email saying so? just curious, I haven't received anything yet. ekk

ToughLove25 in Houston, Texas

4 months ago

Hello,

I'm 25 and I'm very interested in going to school as a process operator. I work in a industrial motor repair shops and constantly delivering to the plants in SE Houston. However I'm aware of the hours and I'm a single mother of a 5 year old. Do you know of anyone who is a single parent working this position or similar hours... How do they take care of their children working 12hr shifts?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.