any advice would help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

KenBurk in Vidor, Texas

24 months ago

I am considering the Process operator degree at Lamar Institute of Technology, I am kind of nervous about this because I have seen many people say they have had a hard time finding a job even with the degree. Also, I am currently 42 yrs old so I'd be 44 when I get the degree, I'm scared that my age would hamper me from being hired. I have 15 yrs experience in various manufacturing/Industrial settings but none directly related to the refineries.. Any feedback would really help as I am about to make this jump to a potential new career

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dusty Roads in Pasadena, Texas

24 months ago

KenBurk in Vidor, Texas said: I am considering the Process operator degree at Lamar Institute of Technology, I am kind of nervous about this because I have seen many people say they have had a hard time finding a job even with the degree. Also, I am currently 42 yrs old so I'd be 44 when I get the degree, I'm scared that my age would hamper me from being hired. I have 15 yrs experience in various manufacturing/Industrial settings but none directly related to the refineries.. Any feedback would really help as I am about to make this jump to a potential new career

There are hundreds of colleges graduating thousands of students.. there just aren't enough jobs for thes people to be emloyed in the plants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.