CAPM Certification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

V in New York, New York

68 months ago

Hi,

I am Civil/Environmental Engineer with four years of work experience, currently contemplating pursuing CAPM certification. I appreciate it if I could get some feedback/information with regards to the following:

1. How useful is it to pursue CAPM certification, in the sense that what are some of the tangible benefits?

2. I have noticed PMI requires individuals who want to pursue CAPM certification to have at least 1,500 hours of project team experience or 23 hours of project management education/training. Since I have just started at a new position and do not possess the necessary 1,500 hours I am thinking of doing the 23 hours training. Can someone please recommend an online PMI Registered Education Provider or a PMI components chapter in the NYC area, which offers the 23 contact hours of project management education/training?

3. After achieving a CAPM certification, what steps does one have to take to go from being a CAPM to a PMP professional?

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Louis Henighan in Fort Mill, South Carolina

68 months ago

Try pmstudy.com for your training hours. It's cheap and has practice tests available among their different packages. I completed my hours from home in less than 2 weeks. Reviewing notes now, preparing for the test on Feb 3rd.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

UK in Tulsa, Oklahoma

67 months ago

You can check the Recognized Education Providers at www.pmi.org as it has a separate search section for such information. I'm sure you will be able to find some institutes in NYC area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

eriakmoos in Dallas, California

37 months ago

If you want to begin your career as project manager Then the CAPM is probably right. And with this certification you might be even given chance to be a project manager for smaller projects.

pmlearn.com/capm-exam-software

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.