What do quality control chemists do?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Nimita in Sydney, Australia

79 months ago

Hi my name is nimita, and i'm currently doing a research project on quality control chemists, in the petroleum industry

i was just wondering how do quality control chemists use spectroscopy and chromatography?

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Luis Daniel in Tegucigalpa, Honduras

78 months ago

I am a chemist, who works in quality control of pharmaceuticals. I currently live in Honduras, Central America ( not in the US) I would like to know if I need to validate my degree in order to be able to work in the US. I have 20 years of experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

mel in Los Angeles, California

74 months ago

I am a chemist and had/has been working for environmental, agricultural, manufacturing, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries since 1991. I had decided to be a fulltime mom and left my career in 2000 and re-enter employment in 2006 as a temporary quality control chemist. Since I was out of job for 5 years, I don't know how much quality control chemist makes nowadays. I am about to accept a permanent position as a quality control chemist for a nutritional company and I would like to negotiate the salary. Please give me a standard salary for a chemist like with me with my experiences in different industries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Also chemist in Stevens Point, Wisconsin

73 months ago

Don't let them low ball you with an entry level salary---looks like the salaries are depressed due to recruiters...starting pay was in the 30's in the early 90's---s/b at least 45 now...GOOD LUCK!

Experience really counts in our field....be confidant, and above all, do not apologize for staying home for awhile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.