What other jobs are Radiation Therapists qualified for?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Melissa in Austin, Texas

33 months ago

I'm curious to see if RT's are qualified for other positions such as x-ray tech or radiologists. The reason I ask this is if its difficult to find a job after graduating, could an RT find work as an x-ray tech or radiologists in the mean time with the certification they have as an RT?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Nashville, Tennessee

30 months ago

Radiologists are Physicians. And to be a radiologic technologist you must complete their specific training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tia in Stockbridge, Georgia

14 months ago

I am having a problem with getting a job in radiation therapy. I graduated in 2011 and can't seem to get hired. I would like to know if there is another job that would take the RT degree?

Shiloh Litton in Salisbury, Maryland

14 months ago

Tia in Stockbridge, Georgia said: I am having a problem with getting a job in radiation therapy. I graduated in 2011 and can't seem to get hired. I would like to know if there is another job that would take the RT degree?

It took me and a co-worker of mine 2 years to find our first position. Keep at it. Try to think of ways to be different and stand out. I had a problem with the online systems, so I would do that, but I'd also send a hard copy to the chief therapists at each site I applied to. I revised my resume to make is stand out as well. Good luck!

Shiloh Litton in Salisbury, Maryland

14 months ago

Tia in Stockbridge, Georgia said: I am having a problem with getting a job in radiation therapy. I graduated in 2011 and can't seem to get hired. I would like to know if there is another job that would take the RT degree?

There is also this article that may help

msn.careerbuilder.com/Article/MSN-3481-Cover-Letters-Resumes-Best-practices-for-an-ATS-friendly-job-search/?SiteId=cbmsn43481&sc_extcmp=JS_3481_advice

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.