radiation therapy schools in california

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

deeba in Oceanside, California

63 months ago

I have been looking for schools that offer a bachelors degree in radiation therapy but the only one I found was at CSU Long Beach in California. I am willing to relocate to a different state but only to a school that offers bachelors program. Can anyone give me schools that they went to or ones that have a bachelors program?
Thanks,
Deeba

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PJ in El Paso, Texas

61 months ago

deeba in Oceanside, California said: I have been looking for schools that offer a bachelors degree in radiation therapy but the only one I found was at CSU Long Beach in California. I am willing to relocate to a different state but only to a school that offers bachelors program. Can anyone give me schools that they went to or ones that have a bachelors program?
Thanks,
Deeba

Hey Deeba, I was born and raised in Oceanside, CA, I miss it so much. OHS c/o '92. =) I actually left in March of 2008 to come here to El Paso, TX to attend El Paso Community College for its Radiation Therapy program. It's an AAS Degree, but so far I like being in the class. It's a competitive class to get into to, it only seats 10 students per year. A few of the graduates have had their bachelor's in other areas prior to enrolling in the program, and others have gone on to get their bachelor's after. That's actually my plan, to get my AAS in Radiation Therapy here at EPCC and then get my BS online from Loma Linda in CA.
As far as schools that offer BS Degrees, there are a few here in TX, but your best bet is to go to the ARRT website and look at their list of educational programs and go from there.
Good Luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zman in San Diego, California

42 months ago

deeba in Oceanside, California said: I have been looking for schools that offer a bachelors degree in radiation therapy but the only one I found was at CSU Long Beach in California. I am willing to relocate to a different state but only to a school that offers bachelors program. Can anyone give me schools that they went to or ones that have a bachelors program?
Thanks,
Deeba

National University in San Diego is suppose to start up a Bachelor program for Radiation Therapy however I was told it might not start til either after summer or after fall. You might want to call them up and confirm...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

linfield22 in Fair Oaks, California

37 months ago

Hello!! I have a question regarding the radiation therapy program at National Univ that I was hoping someone could help me with. Does it matter what school you attend when getting a degree in radiation therapy? Do employers in the healthcare field look unfavorably on National graduates or does it not matter since we all have to pass the CA board exam? Also, does National prepare you to adequately pass the CA board exam once their courses are complete? I have a B.S. but I am looking at schools in CA for radiation therapy. Since there are so few of them I am thinking of either going to National or leaving CA (which I dont want to do since I just moved back!). If anyone could help me I would appreciate it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Zman in San Diego, California

37 months ago

Hey linfield22

Is National University already accredited for radiation therapy? I know about 6 months ago I had talked to the head guy in the Health Science department at National University in San Diego and he had said it wasn't accredited yet. Also I checked the National University website and it still says it's still currently seeking accreditation. I also know that when I had applied for the program last year,( because it wasn't accredited yet ) they had put me in the Public Health bachelor program until they got accredited. ( but I decided to dropped out because of fear it may never get accredited ). Just wanted to know...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

nolva in Spring Valley, California

28 months ago

i just moved out to san diego and i really want to get a degree in radiation therapy..i already have most of my gen ed classes from another state i used to go to but now im having a difficult time finding a school other than national university that offers the degree..does anyone know of any other school who offer it? or even a degree in radiation tech other than san diego mesa?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.