starting salary for new grad

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

su7ga8r59 in Indianapolis, Indiana

78 months ago

kare in Indianapolis, Indiana said: how much, if asked, is the average salary for a new grad?

i am a new grad and i started at 25 an hour, but i am a hard worker and i was top in my class...other positions offered me anywhere from 23-26 per hour... Also, keep in mind PRN positions...i started in a PRN position (with more pay) and i really liked the place and they offered me full time...It's hard to tell if you like a place before working there...I have classmates who went right into full time positions and hate them...Full time is what i preferred obviously, but keep an eye on PRN positions too because they pay well(no benefits) and you have less stress/responsibility, which is kinda nice as a new grad...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kare in Indianapolis, Indiana

78 months ago

did you look more on the web for positions or did you call your clinical sites? when should i start making the calls? some of my classmates are looking now but i think waiting till march or april wouldnt be a bad idea too, what do you think? i personally feel that jobs posted means they want to get it filled w/in a month or 2, we still have 4 more mos of schooling left. thanks for the commen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

su7ga8r59 in Indianapolis, Indiana

78 months ago

kare in Indianapolis, Indiana said: did you look more on the web for positions or did you call your clinical sites? when should i start making the calls? some of my classmates are looking now but i think waiting till march or april wouldnt be a bad idea too, what do you think? i personally feel that jobs posted means they want to get it filled w/in a month or 2, we still have 4 more mos of schooling left. thanks for the commen

i started looking around spring break time...i sent my resume out to all the clinical sites, with no response except for a place that wasn't even a clinical site. most jobs are filled literally within a few weeks rather than months. my advice is to apply to any jobs you are considering and go on interviews because practice makes perfect. most clinics know what they are looking for. it is difficult to find a job as a new grad, but some places are willing to take a chance. 90% of my class has a job now, not all in indiana. i was hired in june and i know someone who was just hired at christmas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kare in Indianapolis, Indiana

77 months ago

su7ga8r59 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: i started looking around spring break time...i sent my resume out to all the clinical sites, with no response except for a place that wasn't even a clinical site. most jobs are filled literally within a few weeks rather than months. my advice is to apply to any jobs you are considering and go on interviews because practice makes perfect. most clinics know what they are looking for. it is difficult to find a job as a new grad, but some places are willing to take a chance. 90% of my class has a job now, not all in indiana. i was hired in june and i know someone who was just hired at christmas.

did you graduate in may 08? were you hired by the bunch that you sent out during spring break or after?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.